anyone hear Hugh Millen go off on a Philly reporter...

byau

Reaction score
Okay listened to 10 of 13 mins and then it stopped working on my phone. Handful of juvenile digs aside and Millen's uncalled for f-bomb in my opinion, really good conversation with really good points on both sides. Unless the thunder was brought down in the last three minutes I couldn't listen to, the majority of the clip I thought was good listening

OP
OP
I

irocdave

Reaction score
If you think Millen's response to that asshat from Philly was juvenile I don't know what to say. Millen couldn't have been more professional than he was. Gave the guy several outs and time to reconsider his stated opinion, yet the asshat didn't take it. Guess it's a generational thing. Seems like the younger posters feel it's normal to say what ever the F they "feel" at the moment and it should be OK. To these youngsters, if you did this a generation or two ago you wouldn't have a computer screen between you and a fist to the face. The reality of that is missing from todays youth / several posters on this site.

Man I would love to take this further but don't want to get banned...

RunTheBall

Reaction score
Funny the Philly reporter was poking fun at our Lombardi, what the heck has Philly ever won? Guess that's why he so mad.

MLTHawk

Reaction score
I heard this live. I had the same reaction as Millen had. Was glad to hear him stick up for Lynch. He earned some street cred from me for sure.

byau

Reaction score
Irocdave I thought both were being juvenile. And I still think the fbomb was not necessary. I remember someone (an athlete, don't recall who) saying his grandma once said if you have to cuss it means you cannot argue your point intelligently. To me, when Millen could have sounded a lot more intelligent in making his point instead of stooping down to the other guys level, and in my mind the other guy was still making points about why he used the word "weirdo" and Millen didn't make any points, he just raised objections and then said the f-word. Not compelling argument on either side. That being said the rest of the conversation, little juvenile pokes aside, seemed to be good conversation with both sides supporting their opinion.

idahohawk

Reaction score
This guy from Philly sounds like a real jewel. His baseless hyperbole aside, he brings no football substance to the conversation.

I hope Marshawn gets a listen to this toolbag before gametime, so he can truck more Eagle defenders while he's running for 150yds and 3 TDs.

Seattle's got nothin' happenin' out there: (oh I'm sorry how are the tanking 6ers any better than having no team?)

QBs make all the difference: (OK, to a point, but how did that work out in SBXLVIII ? )

I can't believe guys like this dude get paid to do this.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I heard this live as well and I have to say that clown was way outta line. Calling a guy he obviously knows nothing about a 'wierdo' and a 'dope' just because he doesn't pander to media worms like himself is way more unprofessional than anything lynch has done. Millen showed an incredible amount of restraint. Hopefully we kick the crap outta the Fecals on sunday.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
1222_1410804719.jpg

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Millen called his ass out and I loved every second. Good on ya Millen.

AVL

Reaction score
Has Millen finished eating the microphone ? How long did he give himself?

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
RunTheBall":3imlgdky said:

I remember when that was our trophy case.

After all the shit spewed at Hawk fans with this type of meme, I will never be "that" guy.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
byau":2njo3kpn said:
I remember someone (an athlete, don't recall who) saying his grandma once said if you have to cuss it means you cannot argue your point intelligently.

It's entirely unrelated to whether someone can argue their point intelligently. All it really means in this context is that the person at least briefly lost their temper. That can happen to smart and dumb alike; it can also happen whether you're on the right or wrong end of an argument.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I am usually not a Millen fan, that's his carcuss in my avatar underneath Cortez Kennedy. When he is wrong he justifys it with the excuse of "well, conventional wisdom says". He has trouble thinking out of the "conventional wisdom" box, which is why he had/has a problem with Russ. Not a fan of his analysis outside of his take of SA's running style back in the day.

With that being said I applaud him for his actions yesterday with that troglodyte from Philly.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
idahohawk":syip08v4 said:
This guy from Philly sounds like a real jewel. His baseless hyperbole aside, he brings no football substance to the conversation.

I hope Marshawn gets a listen to this toolbag before gametime, so he can truck more Eagle defenders while he's running for 150yds and 3 TDs.

Seattle's got nothin' happenin' out there: (oh I'm sorry how are the tanking 6ers any better than having no team?)

QBs make all the difference: (OK, to a point, but how did that work out in SBXLVIII ? )

I can't believe guys like this dude get paid to do this.
I agree with every point brother. That tool bag was on NFL Radio on Sirius again and he has a hard on for Marshawn. Can't keep the personal jabs at Beast out of his conversations, this time calling him an idiot. This dude the definition of a. Non football knowledge homer. These tools think this defense is going to roll over against them, with Mr. BUTT FUMBLE as their QB. He is good for 2-3 turnovers a game, and that plays right in the Hawks hands. 30-17 Hawks.

trharder

Reaction score
Millen is an odd guy. Most of us know he totally whiffed on his appraisal of Russell Wilson. This bothered me for quite awhile, but I'm pretty much over it now. Millen works hard to go through tape and tell us what he sees as an ex QB, stutter and all. He still will tell it like he sees it with Russell and sometimes I need to hear it, because he's not always wrong. But he's an odd guy. I like that he lost his temper with this media hack. The fact is the guy was talking out his ass, where Hugh studies tape. He just couldn't listen to somebody with no knowledge make stupid statements.

What I took from the conversation, and where I start to get really pissed, is this notion that Marshawn is an extreme bad actor because he doesn't give BS cliche interviews to the media hacks. There are plenty of players on the Seahawks that love to talk and would gladly supplant the time they might otherwise have given to Marshawn. Leave the guy alone. It's like some of the media think THEY are the personalities that bring us to the sport. That THEY are the show. How is it a big deal that Marshawn won't talk? I get that he is theoretically obligated by his NFL contract, but that does not give the media and the NFL the right to put the cart before the horse, and that's what they are doing here. $100,000? Seriously? That is excessive and I believe the players union should fight that sh!t.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
His tone COMPLETELY changed after the F-bomb. He was so arrogant it was almost unbearable, then Millen went off on him and he was completely subdued and nervous afterwards.

RobBaker7714409

Reaction score
Hugh Millen is great as an analyst. !00x better than guys like Brock & Salk, who are unbelievable homers.

Tical21

Reaction score
Hugh is the best thing going in local media, has been for years, and it isn't even somewhat close. The guy flat out knows a crapload about football, and is good at communicating it. I seriously doubt there is another media type on the planet that I would rather listen to.

He also LOVES Lynch. He's said many times that he's probably his favorite Seahawk ever, and how much he would have loved to play with a guy that plays as hard as he does. He "gets" running backs, which are usually a completely different breed of cat. Best athlete out of anybody on the field, biggest badasses there are, take 10x the pounding of anybody else, and almost all are humble about it. RB's should be appreciated, and maybe none more than Marshawn.

Once upon a time, I was on the other side of a Hugh Millen rant, and I'll tell ya, the guy is kind of a douche. I was near their box when he aired out the Husky PR guys about their red/white/blue uniforms, and it was just way over the top, as much as I agreed with him.

Was the F-bomb called for? Maybe not, but there are very rare circumstances where coming from the right person at the right time, will completely drive a point home. This wasn't that great, but still pretty good.