Are the Patriots Still Cheaters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
Chris98251 says "Have other teams had infractions, yes. But those are hiccups over years here and there. The Patriots are poster boys for what have you broken lately as far as rules go."

If you define the term "broken lately" (5 years? 10 years? 15 years?), that will help me see your point of view. Because I am having a hard time seeing how folks can classify the Patriots as "cheaters", when compared to other accusations/violations by other franchises. Maybe you have a point based on a time period that you are defining as "broken lately", that I am not aware of. I am willing to do a bit of research and look into some violations over that time period and see what I come up with. It might even occupy my time enough that I will stop posting in this thread so much. (folks here seem to be implying that they don't want me around anyway).

chris98251

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":1yljh45k said:
Chris98251 says "Have other teams had infractions, yes. But those are hiccups over years here and there. The Patriots are poster boys for what have you broken lately as far as rules go."

If you define the term "broken lately" (5 years? 10 years? 15 years?), that will help me see your point of view. Because I am having a hard time seeing how folks can classify the Patriots as "cheaters", when compared to other accusations/violations by other franchises. Maybe you have a point based on a time period that you are defining as "broken lately", that I am not aware of. I am willing to do a bit of research and look into some violations over that time period and see what I come up with. It might even occupy my time enough that I will stop posting in this thread so much. (folks here seem to be implying that they don't want me around anyway).

This is a great story about the Pats.

http://fansided.com/2015/01/20/new-england-patriots-cheating-real-conspiracy/

Funny because it brings up your very tactics of defending them in it .

No other team has a legacy like the Patriots in this regard, the fact that it's a continued practice and that the Patriots are identified with it because it's the culture of how they do business.

No other team since the hiring of Belichick has had this issue in this many instances, in fact how he was hired in itself was controversial and was a work around of some things. The Patriots and Belichick live by the cheat.

The whole way he and the Jets and Parcells arranged things along with the one day hire and quit and rehire as the Patriots Coach was nothing short of a rule circumvention and underhanded business and a stab in the eye to the Jets and again needed to be rectified with picks and smoothing over.

So you want to say were all jealous of a team that cheats, circumvents the rules, has a sympathetic ear with the commissioner that just slaps hands, destroys evidence and sweeps stuff under the carpet for you.

Yes were all about being jealous of that.

Oh and as far as wanting you around?

You have brought nothing but an empty argument to the table here, trying to justify your tainted winnings over the years in a culture of cheating is just sort of trolling, you don't post about anything else in other threads, other then poking holes in your arguments we really are not interested in the Patriots, to me it's your all like the Lance Armstrong of football.

Drops Mic!

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1zn812uo said:
BREAKING: Area Masshole reinforces the stereotype.

That's pretty funny.

I feel like I have been very respectful of the sensitivity due to the recent SB and am only here to talk about the recent media driven scandal. I guess it is just too soon for some folks to hear anything that defends the Patriots. I get it, I remember when the Pats lost during their quest for 19-0, it was tough. I have purposely only posted in threads about the Pats because of the recent SB and didn't want to get into the main board where I am sure you would rather not see my screen name. Sorry if I have offended folks, I was doing my best to express myself without being aggressive like a "Mass hole", I was hoping only folks who wanted to discuss this thread would show up here, but it seems that some folks just want to try to get a rise out of me. Maybe the plan was to get me to call folks names too so that I would be banned...who knows?

NWPatsFan

Reaction score
chris98251":1m434xea said:
NWPatsFan":1m434xea said:

No other team has a legacy like the Patriots in this regard, the fact that it's a continued practice and that the Patriots are identified with it because it's the culture of how they do business.

No other team since the hiring of Belichick has had this issue in this many instances, in fact how he was hired in itself was controversial and was a work around of some things. The Patriots and Belichick live by the cheat.

The whole way he and the Jets and Parcells arranged things along with the one day hire and quit and rehire as the Patriots Coach was nothing short of a rule circumvention and underhanded business and a stab in the eye to the Jets and again needed to be rectified with picks and smoothing over.

So you want to say were all jealous of a team that cheats, circumvents the rules, has a sympathetic ear with the commissioner that just slaps hands, destroys evidence and sweeps stuff under the carpet for you.

You have brought nothing but an empty argument to the table here, trying to justify your tainted winnings over the years in a culture of cheating is just sort of trolling, you don't post about anything else in other threads, other then poking holes in your arguments we really are not interested in the Patriots, to me it's your all like the Lance Armstrong of football.

Drops Mic!

The story you quoted is full of so many holes it is not even worth responding too. My goodness, this is a perfect example of the type of "click-bait" that the media throws out there. He basically says no other teams do anything wrong, only the Patriots. What rubbish, just this year plenty of teams have been accused of and penalized for cheating, yet this writer conveniently doesn't remember those instances. I am glad you pointed me toward this article because it proves my point more than it proves those of Patriot haters.

What is "drops mic" all about...were you on stage?

ivotuk

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":3u42urrv said:
I have purposely only posted in threads about the Pats because of the recent SB and didn't want to get into the main board where I am sure you would rather not see my screen name.

This is a really poor tactic. You really should post in topics besides those that reference Patriots if you truly want to be a member of this board.

Take the time to get to know Seahawks players, past and present and use that knowledge to converse with other members here.

As far as I'm concerned, it's time to look forward to 2015 and stop moping over Superbowl 49. I'm more interested in the "Three-Hawks" and making history in Superbowl 50. Sure the loss stings, but I've got enough problems in real life that keep me grounded to reality. Compared to what our players have suffered through, my life is a breeze, sports-wise.

So let's move beyond all this. You seem to have a good knowledge of football, so start a real thread, such as one predicting the odds of the Patriots and Seahawks rematch in Superbowl L.

chris98251

Reaction score
NWPatsFan":2aoe323m said:
chris98251":2aoe323m said:
NWPatsFan":2aoe323m said:

Drops Mic!

The story you quoted is full of so many holes it is not even worth responding too. My goodness, this is a perfect example of the type of "click-bait" that the media throws out there. He basically says no other teams do anything wrong, only the Patriots. What rubbish, just this year plenty of teams have been accused of and penalized for cheating, yet this writer conveniently doesn't remember those instances. I am glad you pointed me toward this article because it proves my point more than it proves those of Patriot haters.

What is "drops mic" all about...were you on stage?

Can't debate facts and documented history, therefore you use an out card that it's haters and that since the debacle of his hiring and continued flippant ignoring of rules and sportsmanship by that organization since he was brought in the track record is one on the Patriots. Other teams may have done things, but the Patriots do them over and over year in and year out. That's the point, that's the problem, that's why people don't respect the accomplishments.

This thread has come to a close as far as value, talk about the next season, Brady's wife, or your draft, F.A holes or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.