Are you excited for another season of Pete?

Another year of Pete?

• Yay

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • Nay

Votes: 91 79.8%

• Total voters

Northhawk

Reaction score
No. I will watch but won't go any games because it's all rinse and rePete.

Nothing changes not even Pete saying he's going to change things only to revert back to old patterns.

He has a spiel and the players tuned him out 7 years ago.

But Jody Allen doesn't want a new coach. She wants a caretaker and that's what Pete and John are right now.

Shame because I'd like to see who John would bring in if given a chance.

morgulon1

Reaction score
The problem is, Pete will remain in charge until the team is sold, so whether you're excited for it or not, we'll have Pete for at least the next couple seasons.
I agree.

Just a gut feeling but this team isn't bad enough for the ownership to get rid of him.
Petey Pete will have them irritatingly mediocre. Just good enough to be a fringe playoff team .

NoGain

Reaction score
I have nothing to base this on other than a strong hunch. But I sincerely believe if Paul Allen was still alive and healthy the team, management, and coaching staff would look a lot different than it does now.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
This isn't accurate though, and that's what's frustrating about the fire Pete discourse.

Our offense and defense AREN'T the same the past two years as they have been the majority of Pete's time here.

In fact, I'd LOVE if we had the Ken Norton defense these past two years. I wasn't big on the firing (and thought Norton was being scapegoated for Russ's inability to keep our offense on the field) but understood it. Unfortunately, Pete went with a Fangio-style defense like a lot of teams did and it's been a colossal mistake.

The problem isn't that Pete isn't willing to make changes. He's made them. But the ones he made on defense have taken our defense from a below average bend-but-don't-break defense to a trashy Fangio-style, hope-you-get-an-INT-because-that's-your-only-hope defense.

Not recognizing that your not scheming towards your players strengths is what it is. Hence the constant round hole square peg talk.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I have nothing to base this on other than a strong hunch. But I sincerely believe if Paul Allen was still alive and healthy the team, management, and coaching staff would look a lot different than it does now.
It's a unique situation. I can't imagine there are many fanbases, local sportswriters, or ownership groups that would have been so patient and reluctant (or reticent) to levy criticism to Carroll over the past six or seven years of Seahawks football.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Some folks are insane and are supposedly excited to see this once again next year. Can you believe it? I don't.
I'm excited to see more next year!
I'm excited! Can't wait for next year!

They just need a little more practice I'm sure.

Question: How is it not gloating when you're already in 3 separate unrelated threads sarcastically belittling those who have the audacity to be excited for the next season of Seahawks football, regardless of whether your preferred vision is enacted?

This is an excuse to round up those who disagree so you can victory lap them in the face of a loss, thinly veiled as an attempt to understand the valid viewpoints of others.

You've condescended to every single person in this thread who has disagreed with you, and you can't even leave it at that, so you're taking it to other threads too. You've done it to me, you've done it to Welshers, and you accused Montana (not even in a direct reply to his post) of using his reasoning for the potential excitement of 2024 as something akin to "plot armor." Were you even around to read 17 Power in the early 2010s? These are positive contributors that you're insinuating are either insane, stupid, or both.

You don't have to be excited for 2024 should Pete stay. You could just be content that more are assimilating to your viewpoint. That's fine, and unlike you, I'll go ahead and say that your opinion is valid. But FFS, it is NOT the only valid opinion, and this barely-disguised dragging of others for simply disagreeing on a PERSONAL feeling of excitement is lame.

NoGain

Reaction score
It's a unique situation. I can't imagine there are many fanbases, local sportswriters, or ownership groups that would have been so patient and reluctant (or reticent) to levy criticism to Carroll over the past six or seven years of Seahawks football.
Even that division winning, smoke and mirrors, 12-4 2020 season ended with us getting crushed by the Rams in the wild card round. We didn't look at all like a true contender that season, and it showed against the Rams.

cymatica

Reaction score
Question: How is it not gloating when you're already in 3 separate unrelated threads sarcastically belittling those who have the audacity to be excited for the next season of Seahawks football, regardless of whether your preferred vision is enacted?

This is an excuse to round up those who disagree so you can victory lap them in the face of a loss, thinly veiled as an attempt to understand the valid viewpoints of others.

You've condescended to every single person in this thread who has disagreed with you, and you can't even leave it at that, so you're taking it to other threads too. You've done it to me, you've done it to Welshers, and you accused Montana (not even in a direct reply to his post) of using his reasoning for the potential excitement of 2024 as something akin to "plot armor." Were you even around to read 17 Power in the early 2010s? These are positive contributors that you're insinuating are either insane, stupid, or both.

You don't have to be excited for 2024 should Pete stay. You could just be content that more are assimilating to your viewpoint. That's fine, and unlike you, I'll go ahead and say that your opinion is valid. But FFS, it is NOT the only valid opinion, and this barely-disguised dragging of others for simply disagreeing on a PERSONAL feeling of excitement is lame.
Can't blame him considering all the ridicule he took for years from so many people for his pessimistic view on Pete's coaching.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The D really only needs linebackers and more D line imo. That dude you got from the Giants can ball, keep his ass if possible.
I honestly see the Hawks at a tipping point. It would not take a lot of resources to find a linebacker or 2 via FA, the draft or both. They are the cheapest part of a D. Better LB’s with range, a healthy Nowosu, less O line injuries, and next year could be very different.
By different I mean at least competing in the divisional playoffs or better.
Momentum snowballs both ways.
Every year is a new thing, and Pete is of course gonna give it all he has until a team sale. He’s at that stage of his life.
I honestly think the biggest need is OT and LB, and if you hit on those either in FA or in the draft, man a lot is possible with the existing overall talent level of the team.
Absolutely have to improve the run D, complimentary football just dosent work without that.
-Cptn Obvious

Do you realize how many resources have been thrown at those positions and for how long? Then there is the case of using them correctly. The LB's are going to be hard to get. Fans were head over heels for resigning Bobby. I love Wags, but warned everybody that they would be frustrated because he can't cover anybody. The alternative is Brooks who looked like a deer in headlights when he was the field general last season. A lot of work to be done at the LB position. Dline? Lord do I have to go there. Already gave up a 2nd for Williams and got Jones from Denver and that was supposed to be the fix when in truth, I could probably net 50 plus yards rushing against them.

Every year is not a new thing, its the same thing and that's the problem.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Can't blame him considering all the ridicule he took for years from so many people for his pessimistic view on Pete's coaching.

I want to try to explain why this widespread ridicule happened the way it did, because it isn't because of his pessimism. It's because of his conduct.

He only really got widespread ridicule when the board turned on him briefly in 2022 after he spent the offseason calling people stupid for saying that the Seahawks would probably win more than his claimed hard ceiling of 5 wins. My evidence and film based defense of Geno Smith as a potentially mid-to-low tier starter in the 2022 preseason earned me responses like this, which was a response to me praising Drew Lock in the 2022 preseason and saying I might have to switch my profile picture (Geno at the time) to Lock.

Geno is DS. Its very fitting for you.

I made a jab at the rapper his profile picture is a picture of, and we had the following exchange, now memorialized in my signature.

RA 16 for 16 is untouchable. A Legend.
Nothing sad about that.

Hitching your wagon to Geno? 8-9 wins? You're going to be getting dunked on all season.
I said that was their ceiling. Not what I expected, homeboy. Very important distinction.
Not even close, if everything went swimmingly they'd maybe win 6, maybe 7.

I had 'em at 5. Cause yknow I actually make predictions. Not come up with caveats to squirm out of and twist at the first sign of trouble.
This, of course, was another attack on my character and a misrepresentation of what I said, given that the prediction of the teams ceiling was made in a thread... well, read below.
The thread in which I made this prediction was literally titled "What is this team's ceiling for 2022?"

This lack of attentiveness is why your ruminations series failed, Great Value Kearly.

After this, Fade made a widely-mocked thread where he then claimed everyone was wrong, titled "We Were All Wrong," and said that Seattle is a 12-win team in 2022 and anything less than 12 wins and a NFCCG appearance would be outright failure with the 2022 roster. He started the thread like this, immediately insulting everyone who made a better prediction than he did, and then set a ridiculously high minimum-standard-of-success for the 2022 team less than halfway into a year where he called everyone saying more than 5 wins was likely stupid.

I had 'em at 5 wins (so did Vegas), pessimists had 'em at 3 wins, most were lukewarm predicting 6-7 wins. The forever koolaid drinking, unrealistically optimistic, believers had 'em at 9-11 wins.

Given the developments of 2022 and the shit Fade said to me that preseason, I responded in kind after being called dogshit and a weasel for predicting an 8-9 win ceiling on the year.

We may have all been wrong, but you were the most wrong. Like, pants-on-head running-around-in-circles wrong.

You were coming at people predicting a near-500 season and acting like they were the irrational ones, and you absolutely deserve this blowing up in your face regardless of how hard you try to pivot to the other side.

Your expectations have, yet again, been smashed by a Pete Carroll squad and now you're moving the goalposts to NFCCG appearance in a year where you insulted people who predicted over 5 wins. Get over yourself.

He responded:
Yes, we were all wrong. No one had Geno as a top 5 QB, leading the #1 scoring offense in the NFC, while winning the Division over the 49ers, and Rams. I know you didn't.

You don't get a cookie for being less wrong.

Moving the goalposts? Actually it's calibrating with the new information. A lot of people's ego's are too big to admit they're wrong and they stay stuck on their original takes, I don't. I will move off of it once I've seen enough evidence to do so as the NFL is a very fluid league.

The NFC is garbage. Pete should have no issues making the NFCCG with the #1 scoring offense.

Plenty of people are wrong here. All of the time. Most WERE wrong about the ceiling of the team in that many page long thread. Fade got singled out starting in 2022 because he makes it his business to demean and ridicule others who think differently than him, and then he refuses to actually admit when others were more on-base than him with their analysis after previously ridiculing them for that same analysis.

Last edited:

Utah_hawk

Reaction score
I've already thrown in the towel. We need to go in a new direction. PC/JS will likely keep making short term decisions that keep us in contention for the playoffs, but nowhere near being a true contender.
This is what kills me ... draft picks, trades, etc. all directed at competing now.

strohmin

Reaction score
I'm just trying to understand how you're excited for Re-Pete.

Looking for the compelling reasons to have such excitement for getting out schemed, poor tackling, crony coaches, high penalties, cool with punting, etc.

You say you're excited, but what are the reasons you can point to, to get folks hyped.
Let me tell you what Im excited about. Im excited to see Pete continue to say the same bs nonsense every year before the season begins and then come up with a bunch of excuses as to why his teams are utter shit during the yeat. It really is remarkable how he continues to pull thus nonsense off. I mean the fact that he is surprised that his team played like shit is baffling. I would really like to go to one of these practices and see what they actually practice a week before the game.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
All I know is I can cancel my FUBO account now
Digital antenna, unlimited data internet, and streaming services is the way to go.
You got to use up all the "30 days free" of streaming services....first.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I am indifferent and apathetic. I saw a coyote the other day at the golf course. Next time I see it I am going to skin it....LOL

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Digital antenna, unlimited data internet, and streaming services is the way to go.
You got to use up all the "30 days free" of streaming services....first.
There is one constant in all the universe.. sorry it's not baseball.. it's to use all your free days of the streaming trial period..

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We are likely a bottom five team. But we've had some good games and some banner wins.
It's probably going to get worse before it gets better.
We have a few players (Spoon, Metcalf, etc) that are worth watching even as we lose. But it will still likely be a rough ride.

When you get rid of a fading coach you usually suffer through 1-3 bad hires before you find a keeper again, sometimes 4 or 5.