Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (49ers @ Seahawks)

Hawker

Reaction score
I'm thinking 20-10 Hawks win. Stretch the field early, Bevell. Keep their D on their heels instead of in our face at the LOS.

RTD: 1-1

NINEster

Reaction score
Aros said:
. Yes the 49ers looked surprisingly good beating up on the Rams in their home opener but let's keep things in perspective. They are still nowhere near the team they were a few years ago with Harbaugh as HC. Sure they are scrappy, young and more talented then perhaps most first thought.

The Seahawks have a lot of work to do offensively. It won't be a blow out but it will be a win to start feeling better about ourselves again.

/quote]

The one thing I'm keeping an eye out for is how this brand new offense will fare in Seattle, schematically at least.

The Seahawks had the Harbaugh/Roman offense's #.....with various degrees of success. They played a very good game against the Eagles in 2014, which is somewhat concerning.....but not as concerning as trotting out the same ole garbage as before.

So yeah, those Harbaugh teams had more talent in general, but in Seattle that O was so ineffective that that great defense was pretty much wasted.

Patrick Willis and the Smith Brothers can't win you jack when you only score 3 points.

I'm ok with the 49ers possibly losing this weekend, but it better not be because the team gave up and just let the Hawks own the mental edge.

I think that's what Niner fans are most anxious to see above all other stuff. Seattle lost a bit of it's home field invincibility last year, and now that the offense has been struggling these last two weeks, no excuses to be thrown off your game.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":38et2cuw said:
What should have been an ugly win against the Rams instead turned into an uglier loss. No need to rehash here, there's been plenty of that this week. Some will argue since we only scored 3 against them while the 49ers rolled them 28-0 that should somehow mean that we will lose to the 49ers.

Hogwash.

History tends to be a good indicator of trends and this team in the PC/RW/JS era knows how to come off a disappointing loss on the road and get back to the winning column at home the following week. Yes the 49ers looked surprisingly good beating up on the Rams in their home opener but let's keep things in perspective. They are still nowhere near the team they were a few years ago with Harbaugh as HC. Sure they are scrappy, young and more talented then perhaps most first thought.

The Seahawks have a lot of work to do offensively. It won't be a blow out but it will be a win to start feeling better about ourselves again.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - 49ers 13

Aros' Fearless Record: 1-1

Going against the norm around here lately...pushing for positivity.

Seahawks 51

Whiners 17

Seattle get's that interception...TWICE, Fumble Recovery and Bummed Ankle Wilson runs one in for a TD...Defense gets 5 sacks...yes I said it...What?

HawkGA

Reaction score
I think the games will continue to be unpretty but unlike against the Rams, I expect the Seahawks to win a close one against the 9ers.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Those defensive ends they have are no joke. Armstead and Buckner will be some trouble, but dealing with the interior will be much easier than the last two weeks. This means our running game might be able to get started. What I can't figure out is how they are scoring 27 pts per game against two good defenses. Hope this is the game we see the great team we have play to their abilities.

28-10 Go Hawks.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Hawknight":hfvw2tu6 said:
Aros":hfvw2tu6 said:
What should have been an ugly win against the Rams instead turned into an uglier loss. No need to rehash here, there's been plenty of that this week. Some will argue since we only scored 3 against them while the 49ers rolled them 28-0 that should somehow mean that we will lose to the 49ers.

Hogwash.

History tends to be a good indicator of trends and this team in the PC/RW/JS era knows how to come off a disappointing loss on the road and get back to the winning column at home the following week. Yes the 49ers looked surprisingly good beating up on the Rams in their home opener but let's keep things in perspective. They are still nowhere near the team they were a few years ago with Harbaugh as HC. Sure they are scrappy, young and more talented then perhaps most first thought.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 23 - 49ers 13

Aros' Fearless Record: 1-1

Going against the norm around here lately...pushing for positivity.

Seahawks 51

Whiners 17

Seattle get's that interception...TWICE, Fumble Recovery and Bummed Ankle Wilson runs one in for a TD...Defense gets 5 sacks...yes I said it...What?

Hell yeah, love the positive thinking. Needed some this morning, as it's going to be a horrible day sheet rocking for me. Haha. I'm not a hippie, but I do believe in the power of positive thinking. It is infectous, as is negative thinking. This will get sorted out, and all will be well in Seattle again.

P.s. not that I think there is anything wrong with hippies.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Hawks win this one. Chip may be just the guy to resurrect the Niners, but I don't think it will be this year, and it definitly will not be at our expense.

Hawks 24
Niners 17

RTD 1-1

Hawknballs

Reaction score
It won't be pretty but I think it'll be a win. Only because we can't afford to drop a division game at home.

Seahawks 20 49ers 16.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
--
@johnpboyle Russell Wilson says he's "definitely feeling better this week. Last week was a battle." #Seahawks
--

hawksmode

Reaction score
This "great" coaching staff cannot game plan for teams early in the season so this one could get past us.

But I think we pull it out...

17-7

uncle fester

Reaction score
9ers 16

Seahawks 9

Definition of madness is repeating the same action and expecting a different outcome.

Defense will keep them in it as usual.

My hope is they come around against the Jets. But that's because I have tickets to the game.