Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Eagles @ Seahawks)

hawksmode

Reaction score
This team is way too beat up to beat a good team. Will be crazy to see 3 loses in a row at home :roll: ....
I honestly thought it would not happen again for quite some time.

This team is old and beat up.... Eagles 27...Seahawks 10

IrishNW

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2s14vt1m said:
The Seahawks will give an incredibly spirited effort, despite the referees futile attempts to please dictator God-El.

Tanner Mcevoy goes OFF son, with 5 catches for 76 yards and one TD. Can you say fantasy dark horse?
Byron Maxwell knows the Eagle's plays like the back of his helmet, empowering Kris Richard to call a flawless gameplan, only giving up 28 points.

Richard Sherman raises the 12th man flag while his wife holds his crutches. He zips up and down the sideline on his knee scooter, racing circles around Carroll, all while keeping the coach's gum supply well stocked and at the ready.

Wilson has a great game, scrambling out of the pocket quicker than NBC's PR department on Monday. He completes 34 of 46 for 328 and 3 TDS, another rushing.

Al Michaels puts everyone to sleep, including himself. Viewing parties across the country hold drinking contests, taking a shot every time Collinsworth begins his long winded introduction for any aspect of what he likes about Carson Wentz with "now here's a guy..."

It's a great win, with only a few meltdown threads in the gameday forum during one of the greatest Seahawks games since the Texans game a few weeks ago.

Seattle 31 Philly 28

RTD 7-4

This is gold

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawksmode":1omy0lqz said:
This team is way too beat up to beat a good team. Will be crazy to see 3 loses in a row at home :roll: ....

Who is old, exactly, other than Duane Brown whom you guys all wanted?

ducks41468

Reaction score
Eagles 34
Seahawks 28

Game isn't nearly as close as the score indicates. Russ leads two TD drives in the final 5 minutes to make things marginally interesting.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
joe-namath-coin-toss-botch-super-bowl.gif

Tails wins it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Whatever you say Chris, assuming that they will lose every game is your thing, not mine. It didn't matter when they were 7-9 and knocked off the World Champs. Still gotta' lace em up. Just like it doesn't matter what happens leading up to the playoffs this year. Just gotta' be the better team that day. Not sure why that is so hard to understand.
It's gonna' be fun to come back here next week, win or lose. Even if they DO win, people will whine and moan.

Slick

Reaction score
Seahawks 28
Eagles 23

I've picked AGAINST the Seahawks many times this year. But I think they win this game.

hawksmode

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3bf32vh7 said:
hawksmode":3bf32vh7 said:

Anyone over 27 :) lol

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I am still not convinced that Philly is for real, other than their Dline. It just so happens that good Dlines dominate us. The only way this game stays close is if our Dline mounts a consistent pass rush. Otherwise, this will be an ass whoopin' the likes of which we haven't seen in awhile. I think Bennett and the boys show up, but stupid penalties and boneheaded coaching drive the nails in the coffin.
Philly 35
Seattle 10

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
hawksmode":17r71zpc said:
MontanaHawk05":17r71zpc said:
hawksmode":17r71zpc said:

Anyone over 27 :) lol

Wagner is 27. Earl is 28. Are you complaining about their play?

Sherman's 29. Were you complaining about his?

SeaChat

Reaction score
I’ll donate $20 to the site win lose or draw and last years Cardinals game proved that a draw can occur lol. All BS aside I’m picking the Seahawks to win this one. I think the Falcons were a much tougher team for us to beat than the Eagles will be. Our defense is lowering the Boom in spite of Sherm and Kams absence from the line up, or maybe because of their presence and influence from the sidelines.

Stopping Julio was a lot taller assignment than any of the Eagle receivers will be. I have seen the Seahawks repeatedly shut down running games from other teams all year that were racking up yards and points against other teams. I don’t think the Eagles will prove to be our toughest challenge of the season, we already face them against the Rams and the Falcons.

I think we finish out the season in traditional Seahawks fashion and don’t lose another game this year including the super bowl. Seahawks 34 Eagles 26. If the Eagles think they are going to stop the crazy magic man Russell Wilson and his band of escape artist, they are in for one hell of a surprise, and “Really” they are going to out muscle and bully Jimmy Graham around in the end zone and deny him his catches? Good luck, that’s going to end with the Eagles drawing a lot of pass interference flags or their going to get themselves injured taking on a force that won’t be denied. Let’s not forget all our other options either, Tyler, Paul, Doug, Nick, Luke, they are not likely to be easy for the Eagles defense to account for.

Our Offense has grown up this year and are finally wearing their big boy pants if no one noticed. If the Eagles are coming into Century Link thinking their facing the Seahawk offense that started out this season, they will quickly get introduced to the new and improved Seahawk Offense that not only came to fight for their rightful place in the Super Bowl hunt, but that are more than capable of handing the Eagles their butts by the end of the game.

The Seahawks are the first real team the Eagles have had to face this season, they on the other hand are not the toughest team we have had to face this year, if you don’t let scores fool you. The Seahawks would likely be 10 and 1 too if we had drawn their schedule. When this game is in the books the Eagles will be 10 and 2, Seahawks 8 and 5. Once we break up their winning streak and provide the rest of their opponents with the formula to defeat them, they ill likely be fighting their butts off trying to stay in the playoff hunt. That’s My Prediction.

Go Seahawks!

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
I predict that Blair Walsh makes 100% of his field goals. I know, bold prediction.... BUT if he does Seattle wins.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I just don't have a good feeling at all. I don't see the D getting off on 3rd downs. And I don't see the O doing enough in the early going.

If hawks win? I expect they go on a run and beat jax, rams, cards for sure and that's 11wins. And toss up in Dallas.

bevellisthedevil

Reaction score
27-17 Eagles. Injuries and coaching futility will take a winnable game and turn it into a 10 point loss.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
pacific101":2orxvdm8 said:
I think we finish out the season in traditional Seahawks fashion and don’t lose another game this year including the super bowl.

Go Seahawks!

Pacific 101, you always give such insightful, well thought out and detailed posts, so forgive me for taking a snippet out of your prediction post. But this part here is the most optimistic, awesome thing I've read all day. If this were to truly happen, what an incredible season this will have become.

Go Hawks!

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Could actually go either way. Our D is not the same but our passing O will put up points tomorrow. I think Pete will have the team playing more loose which will help but ultimately our D can't hold them.

Philadelphia 33
Seahawks 27

RTD 7-4

cymatica

Reaction score
I have a good feeling just like against New England last year. It's primetime and the Eagles are favored. The refs will piss me off for 3 quarters then disappear in the 4th so they can watch Wilson's magic show.

Seattle 31
Philly 27

rossob

Reaction score
I think the Eagles are better at almost every position, so I see them winning. Probably around 34-27.
Seahawks will fall behind by two scores at some point but make it exciting at the end.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I feel literally split in two about this game. I've looked at it from seemingly every angle possible, taken a look at all the stats, compared the schedules, heard all the experts, and so on. Still, here is a war, a raging battle that's going on inside of me ...

The logical, impartial side of me says that the Eagles are a way better team. They've got momentum and are going up against a decimated Seahawks team. That side says ...

Eagles 35
Seahawks 21

The other side of me (I guess less non-rational, intuitive side) ... says that in the end, the Seahawks are playing AT HOME. This isn't being played on the road ... it's Century Link. That side is reminded that this team has been in similar situations in the past. They've played big in big games in which all of the experts were saying, "Ain't no way this Seahawks team has even a prayer." They've risen to the occasion. They've shined when the spotlight shines brightest. They play best when everyone out there is doubting them. They LOVE and NEED to have that chip on their shoulder. They've been there, done that ... and when push comes to shove, they have the heart of a champion.

AND there is an old NFL axiom -- the team with the MOST on the Line to play for ... usually wins. In this case, that's the Seahawks because the season is very much on the line for them. That side says ...

Seahawks 28
Eagles 24

I'm praying that side of me is right.