Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Rams)

chris98251

Reaction score
Rams 37
Seahawks 12

We have seen what happens with no Avril and Lane is out as well, won't affect base defense much with Griff and Coleman, it's when we need to go Dime and if we get a few dingers here and there where players need a few plays to get right were going to be hurting.

Add that we have a defense that our O line is going to be having nightmares about, they better power block from the get go to open running lanes because if they try to go pass heavy at the start Wilson is going to have a horrible first half again.

Hawks46

Reaction score
This is actually a difficult one to call for me.

On one hand, the Rams offense is legit. Avril being out is going to be a problem. Gurley is having a good year, and we're having a problem stopping the run game. Advantage Rams.

On the other side of the ball, the Rams DL always owns our OL. They're still getting good pass pressure, but are about as bad as we are against the run. if we can find a way to run the ball (scheme and play calling plus execution) we'll be able to move it against them. Also their secondary isn't playing as well as in years past so we should be able to hurt them with quicker passes. DL advantage goes to Rams, but we have the advantage here if we call a good game and guys execute.

It's also going to be warm and on grass, which will tilt the field against us.

Seahawks 23
Rams 27

RTD 4-0

soje

Reaction score
Grass? I thought it was gonna be turf.

Doesn't matter.
Seattle 30
LA 17

RCATES":3t3zmwmy said:
Temps in the 80's and on grass on the road usually doesn't go well for this team. But something happened last Sunday night. An awakening if you will. Hawks 24-14.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Unless Goff throws a couple picks - i don't see us winning this game.
Seahawks 17 - Rams 27.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
This may be the worst offensive performance yet under this regime. I just can feel it coming. The Hawks' offense will be unwatchable. The Rams' much improved offense will have such an enormous advantage on time of possession there's no way they don't score enough to win.

Rams 24
Hawks 6

4-0

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Seattle 19
Los Angeles 29

Ferragamo splits time with Haden, whom we can never stop, Wendell Tyler runs for a huge day, our DL just can't get any pressure with Jackie Slater protecting Haden. Zorn scrambles a lot, throws a couple picks but will find Largent for a score and we've got to get Sherman Smith going early to establish the run to have a chance in this. Dave Brown picks off Ferragamo to keep us in it but Malavasi outfoxes Patera again.

Oh wait... wrong era...

RTD 4-0

RedAlice

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":1v1myz00 said:
Seattle 19
Los Angeles 29

Ferragamo splits time with Haden, whom we can never stop, Wendell Tyler runs for a huge day, our DL just can't get any pressure with Jackie Slater protecting Haden. Zorn scrambles a lot, throws a couple picks but will find Largent for a score and we've got to get Sherman Smith going early to establish the run to have a chance in this. Dave Brown picks off Ferragamo to keep us in it but Malavasi outfoxes Patera again.

Oh wait... wrong era...

RTD 4-0

:179417: :179417: :179417:

RedAlice

Reaction score
since 1978, when the league moved to a 16-game schedule, 40 years of nfl football has come and gone with 1,201 teams taking the field.

of those 1,201 teams, only 16 have scored 142 or more points through the first 4 games of the season, including the 2017 rams - for those counting at home, that shakes out to just 1.3%.

moreover, only 33 have booked a qb rating of 112.2 or higher through the first 4 games of the season, including the 2017 rams - for those counting at home, that shakes out to just 2.8%.

so how has this microscopic number of teams that scored 142+ points through the first 4 games fared over the course of the season? 8 reached the super bowl, 2 reached the conference championship round, 3 reached the divisional round, 1 reached the wild card round, and only 1 failed to make the postseason, here's a look, well charts not transferring.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks win a snot knocker. Ugly first half, fans giving up on the team etc. Only to see them take it in the 4th quarter with our unappreciated QB.

Hawks 30
Lambs 26

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Sooo much doom and gloom in this thread.

I personally think we win this
Hawks 21
Rams 10

RTD 2-2

Hamhawk

Reaction score
If the Hawks can put 14 points on the board by halftime then the Hawks win,...Hawks 24 Rams 16

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I think the Rams lose their magical ability to be a 50% better team when playing Seattle now that Fisher is gone. Despite the Rams being better than they have in a long time, we manage to win.

Seattle 27, St. Louis 20.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
I'm gonna just act like the first 1.5 quarters of the game don't even matter. We go into the locker room down 17-6 (would be 17-9, but...walsh).
Then we come out & score 2 TD's in the third to Lalambs' 1 field goal. Tied 20-20 going into the 4th...where Russ FINALLY goes apeshit, turns agnostic and throws a mouthpiece at Bevell for calling 3 runs up the gut in a row. Final score :

37-23 Hawks.

And Bevell decides to quit & become one of those guys that mountain bike through the hood in black slacks and short sleeve white dress shirts asking 90 year old great grannies and non English speaking parking lot mechanics if "they've heard the Good news?"

mrblitz

Reaction score
seahawks come out, running straight up the gut, and grind out a 21-17 win.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
This is a test for both teams.
I predict a repeat of the Titans game.
Gurley wears us out in the heat and Rams have this one wrapped up before we score once or twice in garbage time.

Rams 34
'Hawks 24

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Aros":2db5h3ht said:
This week I really, really want to pick with my heart. As has been discussed from my other thread, this game could be the turning point - good or bad - for the story of how this season ultimately unfolds. These ain't your Fisher's Rams anymore. They are playing more cohesive, especially offensively. Their new coach has lit a fire and they have responded.

Their defense is giving up a lot of points and can be scored on. Their front 7 will always be a problem for us so our OL may appear to take a step backwards this Sunday. We have 4 starters that may not be playing including Avril. In order to beat the hot Rams and even the division race at 3-2 a piece we need a strong performance in all 3 phases for 4 quarters.

My homer prediction would be Seahawks by 3, but the Rams always play us tough and Rams road wins are hard to come by these days. I am still in "Prove It" mode when it comes to the Road Hawks.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - Rams 27

Aros' Fearless Record: 4-0

Oh my gosh, you and I are SO on the same page Todd. I feel the same way and see this one just about the same as you and MontanaHawk05. It's tearing me up inside, but with Carson going down and the way the O-Line has been playing ... against THAT Defense Line (the one that's been the Seahawks kryptonite for the past several years) -- in THEIR house -- I don't see them pulling this one out. It's going to be an uphill climb for sure.

I'm calling it ...

Rams 20
Seahawks 17

Please let me be wrong. May our collective doubts be the chip on the shoulders of Richard Sherman, Doug Baldwin, and the rest of this Hawks crew that powers them to victory.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
Sounds like the Hawks should just stay home for this game and not even show up. Between all the hype around the Rams start, opinion on local AM radio here in Seattle, and the magical transformation that has occurred in the offseason in LA its clear that Seattle can't hang with the Rams.

Look, the Rams are not scoring more than 20 points against the Hawks defense. The Rams secondary is suspect at best. The Hawks have put up over 30 points in the their last two contests and are constantly getting better. The run fits have been fixed from the Titans game. Aaron Donald is out of place in a 3-4 defense being lined up outside. Rawls is fresh and ready to run and the OLine has already seen 3-4 this year in the Titans game and solved that riddle before halftime. Robert Ayers is in TB now, so let's not keep building up the Rams dline as some steel curtain just because they went to Dallas and got a win with Shaun Lee on the bench.

I am choosing not to annoint the Rams the new kings of the NFC West like the rest of the talking heads. The Hawks win this one. 28-17.

Latest posts