Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Titans)

HawkerD

Reaction score
Titans 19-13

I just don't feel good about any aspect of our offense. Scheme stinks. Play calling stinks and execution is horrible (mostly due to the oline and play calling being compltely out of sync)

A win is possible only if defense or ST get a score.

I'm still picking titans

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seahawks 17
Titans 27

Record - 1-1

Another week comes another terrible offensive performance. How do I know this? Until proven otherwise it is what it is. Going on the road to face a Titans team that could very well smack us around, I mean the 49ers of all teams did and they're a dumpster fire.

I think the Titans offensive line will keep Mariota on his feet and dink/dunk us to death with Murray to offer relief. I don't think he'll break us, but he'll give his QB enough time to breathe.

The Titans defense has to be licking their chops at this OLine of ours and though they'll have to defend against an elusive Wilson, he'll eventually get tired and smacked around enough to force an INT or two, he almost threw three last week after a poor performance after all.

In the end I think we'll, somehow, squeak out two TD's in this game (crazy right?) I'm guess one from Wilson to Baldwin and the second from Carson within the 10 yard line. However our defense will get gassed from being out on the field for so long, so by mid 3rd quarter the score will go from something like 14-10 Seahawks to 14-24 Titans. Both teams kick field goals in the middle of the 4th to a make it 17-27.

Titans defend their home turf, Seattle goes home licking their wounds and because we would've scored "2" TD's this game, we'll be told we're right on track and we'll do better next time.

The Hammer

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2pcqptvw said:
Titans run game combined with heat/humidity wear out the D earlier than usual. Titans win going away, 28-6.

If the Titans win I doubt it will be by that much

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This one is really tough to predict. Really could see this game going either way. I am going to hope the Seahawks can avoid the drops this week (which would have made the Offense look a LOT better than it did).

Seahawks 17
Titans 13

My Record to Date: 2-0

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This just feels like a game the Seahawks win. Not sure why. Especially considering the train wreck that is our offense

Seahawks 20
Tit.....ans 10

Offense goes over Eddie Lacy's weight in yards.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
Lol this thread is comical

Hawks - 21
Titans - 10
Seahawks remember how to catch the ball this games

RTD 1-1

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Dang, what a bunch of bandwagon jumpers,

Hawks 24

titans 13

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3eybxh4o said:
Dang, what a bunch of bandwagon jumpers,

Hawks 24

titans 13

I don't see that as a fair judgement on those who are picking the Titans to win. Everyone on this site obviously wants the Seahawks to win and just pound the Titans into the turf, however you have to look at the game objectively and notice a very disturbing pattern.

The fact of the matter is, Seattle is not playing good football. Defense, sure, doing great there as always, but the Offense for a few years has been slipping. Last year was abhorrent, with four games not scoring a single TD and an O-Line that had defenders past them as soon as the ball snapped. This year, in the first 8 quarters of the year, we failed to score a TD in 7 of them. Against Green Bay the team got roughed around. Although the defense performed admirably it was the offense that once again fell over into the fetal position, sucked their thumb, and waited for the game to be over. It was a mess.

Against the 49ers, though the team walked away with a victory, it was less than inspiring. They couldn't even buff their numbers against a terrible division rival, instead it was a nail biter to the bitter end with some last minute magic. Once again, the offense had no clue what to do and a mediocre defense looked absolutely elite against this turnstile offensive line that can neither protect it's quarterback or establish the run.

The Titans are a good team, definitely one to look out for this year and has a chance of winning 10+ games. They have a top tier O-Line, a talented young QB, and a bruising running back duo. Though I'm certain the defense can do their best to reign most of that in, its the Titan's defense are no doubt able enough to give our feeble offensive line and simplistic style a terrible bruising on Sunday.

Those are facts and the team has to prove that they can play offense, play it effectively and consistently.

Crizilla

Reaction score
If we start Carson Seahawks win 20-17, if we don't start him we fall behind and can't catch up. Lose 13-20

RTD: 2-0

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
We'll just wait for 2017 to transpire and have the last laugh. Where will you be?

NJlargent

Reaction score
Defense runs out of gas late 3rd and problems start in locker room.

Titans 23-13.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The grass is going to cause issues.

BUT.

Tennessee's status as a "good front-seven, bad secondary" bodes well for Wilson. When Pete has been willing to lead with the pass against teams with awesome DL's but bad secondaries (Jets and Eagles last year), Wilson has chewed up those games. Last week was a similar game, plus drops by our receivers. Tennessee can stop the run, so I don't think Pete should use this as Chris Carson's coming-out game. But if he puts quick routes out there for Wilson to find, we're going to get our first downs.

On defense...if this D could march into Lambeau and hold Aaron Rodgers' offense to ten points, I doubt Mariota will be dominating this game with lesser receivers. It'll be interesting to see what happens when Tennessee's elite OL collides with our elite DL.

I think this is a game where Seattle matches up well with their opponent. Give it the right gameplan and we surprise folks.

SEA 20
TEN 13

YTD: 2-0

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Erebus":n3v6obkw said:
I think you're going to regret making your prediction so early in the week when yesterday's frustration is still fresh in your mind. I bet you change your pick later in the week.

Sadly that is not the case. I stand by my prediction. The Seahawks offense is just not there yet and the Titans are a good team. Our defense should keep us in the game but until I see radical improvement from our offense, I just can't see us winning against a good team on the road yet. Maybe in October/November/December, but not in September. I hope to be pleasantly surprised come Sunday afternoon.

Brett

Reaction score
I have a feeling that we will bounce back a bit this week. Some small changes on the line and a fresh new back taking the team to a win.

Hawks 20
Titans 13

StoneCold

Reaction score
So much negativity. Sad.

17-3 Hawks

Russell Wilson will not get sacked.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Bad timing for this matchup as the Titans will probably wear white and stick us in dark uniforms on a day that could be 90 degrees and humid; reminding me a lot of the Chargers game a few seasons ago. We had time of possession on our side against the 49ers to give our D a break even though our offense didn't do anything.

The bad news is I see another ugly week for this team en route to a 1-2 start as the Titans take this one fairly easily. This is one of those "I have a bad feeling about this" games. Our offense is just plain bad and I don't see it getting turned around on the road in that environment. I think Mariota will have a good game and we'll hear all week about how great he his and how Wilson is struggling.

Titans 30, Seahawks 13.

Give the Titans a special teams TD as our ST looked sloppy at times against SF, and give Mariota a pass and rush TD.

The good news is that after this game I think we win the next two against the Colts and Rams (if ugly) and take a 3-2 record into the bye, and then have a chance to win 4 more games in a row against teams that look beatable before a big matchup with the Falcons. I have faith that this team can figure it out as they often do. So as much as I don't anticipate a win this week, i still think that we could be sitting at 7-2 after the Falcons game and thinking about the 1 seed again.