Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Titans)

T-Hawk

Reaction score
These blowout loss predictions are nuts. We lost to the Packers by 8 with our offense playing some absolutely terrible football. The Packers offense is better than the Titans, even if we lose, our defense will keep us close and it will be by only 1 score.

I think our offense does just enough to win though. Someone earlier predicted a 16-13 win for the Hawks and I think that sounds about right.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Tennessee ran the ball nearly 25% more than GB did last year, and the weather in GB week 1 wasn't 90 and humid like it will be in Tennessee. I hope I'm wrong in predicting something of a blow-out but unless our Offense wakes up and sustains drives, our defense is in for a really long day on the field.

I hope I'm wrong but given the way we eeked passed a bad niners team at home I have a hard time thinking a rather bad beat his out of the question or "nuts".

T-Hawk

Reaction score
The offense did sustain drives, we won TOP 36:58 to 23:02 last week, we just couldn't finish the drives, which was partially due to drops.

The strengths and weaknesses of the 49ers defense are similar to that of the Titans, with another small baby step forward this week I expect the offense to at lease keep TOP close and keep our defense fresh enough to give us the stops we need to have a chance at the end.

A loss wouldn't surprise me at all, but anything by more than 1 score would shock me.

Decimation

Reaction score
Seahawks 17

Titans 20

I just don't see a win here. I'm confident about this team and I believe this game could go either way, however, I just don't have that confidence that we will get it together this week on the road after the abysmal offensive performance against the 49ers.

Regardless, Go Hawks! This will be a close game and a nail biter.

kf3339

Reaction score
After seeing nothing from PC and company that makes me convinced they get it...........AT ALL.

I'm going with Titans 20 -12 for the win. They will use ball control and a strong defensive effort to slug it out. Our defense will create one turnover resulting in a TD, but our offense will go for two and screw it up. Other than that our offense will result in 2 boring FG's. They still don't know how to convert redzone possessions into TD's. The Titans in the second half will wear down our run D and take the game.

PC after the game on interviews will again swear that he sees great improvement in our offense. :34853_doh:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
kf3339":2018tt81 said:
After seeing nothing from PC and company that makes me convinced they get it...........AT ALL.

I'm going with Titans 20 -12 for the win. They will use ball control and a strong defensive effort to slug it out. Our defense will create one turnover resulting in a TD, but our offense will go for two and screw it up. Other than that our offense will result in 2 boring FG's. They still don't know how to convert redzone possessions into TD's. The Titans in the second half will wear down our run D and take the game.

PC after the game on interviews will again swear that he sees great improvement in our offense. :34853_doh:
Do they go for 2 after they score the 12th point? That's the only scenario I can figure. So why not just kick the PAT and be down 7?

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
If a healthy A-rod and his offense put up 17 pts ( 6 from the 5 yard line ) at their house, what makes yall think the Titans offense will put up more?

I just don't see it. Yes, i get it. They got a strong front 7, but do you honestly think they'll abuse our o-line more then the Packers did game 1?

We have been in the top 5 since 2012 on the road according to Field Gulls

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2017/9/20/16 ... e-seahawks

So educate me on how a team with an above average QB - above average run game is suddenly going to give the hawks fits that they haven't dealt with or seen? Some of you see an o-line in shambles (some valid points) but forget to realize that the game isn't just won by one unit let alone a sub-unit of the offense....

The game will be grind, but I trust our defense and special teams and I trust the offense will do just enough for us to walk away with a victory.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":7f0vmru0 said:
The grass is going to cause issues.

BUT.

I think this is a game where Seattle matches up well with their opponent. Give it the right gameplan and we surprise folks.

I must admit that I have not been impressed with the "game planning" so far this year. A good "game plan" would take our weaknesses into account and be able to use our strengths to score more points.....right? However, it's probably all in the execution.

Josea16

Reaction score
Tennessee has no pass rush.

Seattle 20
Tennessee 16

RTD: 1-1

kf3339

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":4pum8r6l said:
kf3339":4pum8r6l said:

Do they go for 2 after they score the 12th point? That's the only scenario I can figure. So why not just kick the PAT and be down 7?

NO, they just go for two because that is the stupid thing to do. :lol:

I guess the other option would be instead of the 2 point, they make the PAT. But instead of the offense scoring the 2nd FG, it's instead the defense getting a 2 point safety. Either way the score stays the same. Take your pick!