Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread - (Vikings @ Seahawks)

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
We got this. It'll be a barnburner but our ride is rollin' on.

Purple Panzies 31
Superhawks 36

kf3339

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1d2a4618 said:
I had this is a loss at the beginning of the year. Vikings have so many weapons but not sure what is going on with that team. They could come in and torch us or it could be a nail biter. We have to get to Cousins, he gets rushed and he gets flustered. Thielan, Diggs, Rudolph, Cook are scary. Griffin is another guys to watch on the defense. Vikings are desperate. The D is going to have to step up and the offense needs to keep rolling and STAY HEALTHY (most importantly the RB's). This is the game of the year folks. We win and I think we are playoff bound!

Seahawks 26 Vikings 23

YTD: 12-0

I won't pick against that record!

Hawks 27
Vikings 17

It should be a really good game!

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Our Defense worries me. They have been giving up a ton of yards and at times it feels like they can't stop anyone. You can't always rely on a turnover when the opponent gets into the red zone. The Vikings have been struggling, but I bet their Offense is licking their chops like a starving dog. Nick Mullins carved the Seahawks up with backup WRs. Kirk Cousins has to love his opportunity with Diggs and Thielen.

But the Seahawks, despite giving up a lot on Defense, are rolling too. They have confidence and seem to be putting it together. As long as the Fluker injury doesn't hold them back too much (that is a huge blow to the Offense, make no mistake), then I think the Seahawks have the edge at home.

Seahawks 27
Vikings 24

My Record to Date: 10-2

THE TABS

Reaction score
Preseason, I had this marked down as a loss, and I really thought the Vikings were going to the Super Bowl this year. Fast forward to this week, and they’ve been pretty unbalanced on both sides of the ball. Offense has been very one dimensional, and their offensive line hasn’t been nearly as good as last year. Their defense really struggled in September, but has played much better since they got Griffin back.

It’s a toss up for me. Our defense has been getting gashed, and their offense will move the ball. If we can hold them to field goals instead of touchdowns, that will decide it.

Atradees

Reaction score
We always beat the Vickies.
Their vaunted line seems to be giving up rushing yards. Fluker is injured and Simmons will have a good game.
Penny will rock....our defense.................may be better next year. AAAAAAAANNNNDDDD we are in Action Green Unis...undefeated

Hawks 31
Vickies 30

Eight and Four to date.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
And Mychal Kendricks is back. I haven't seen much mention of him in all these "the defense gets gashed a lot" posts. I should think that a good experienced LB will help a lot.

Zeearend

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3fewj7kb said:
And Mychal Kendricks is back. I haven't seen much mention of him in all these "the defense gets gashed a lot" posts. I should think that a good experienced LB will help a lot.

I agree, but still fear that the Vikings offense clicks.
But I'll happily be wrong.

Vikings 31
Hawks 26

YTD 7-5

Seafan

Reaction score
Having Kendricks back will be big. The young guys have not been tackling well but that can be fixed. When the Hawks run well early the defense plays better. Playing at home is going to be a plus and the Hawks seem to bring more energy in prime time.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":jrlsw89l said:
Cousins has never won on Monday night; Russell has never lost. Look for this trend to continue.

Hawks 23 Vikes 17

GO HAWKS!!
Wasn't last year Falcons game where Walsh missed FG to tie the game on Monday?

SeaChat

Reaction score
Here we go again, another Aros' Fearless Prediction. I have come to enjoy this thread a lot this year, not that I haven't in past seasons, it seems like this is the one consistent thread I've managed to keep up with this season so far as posting something every week.

In keeping with my norm I'm going to fail miserably in any attempt I might make to keep it short, so I won't even pretend to do so. It may not be as long winded as many of my post, but you have been warned. If you don't care for longer writing, I get it and won't be offended in the least if you choose to move on to the short and simple. I do envy those who are able to leave it at that, but it's clearly not me :)>

Fluker being out is no big deal, with Jordan Simmons at "The Next Man Up". he's a big fella and in my humble opinion, plays as well as, if not better as Offensive Guard than Fluke does. Fluker has the edge in experience, but Simmons makes up for that in technique and self discipline, by not subjecting himself to penalties.

The Seahawks are the Complete Package, in Offense, Defense and Special Teams. If we take the field with the right mindset and remain focused and disciplined, we can beat any team anywhere any time. The one constant and unknown factor will always be the officials, and the influence they can exact on a games outcome, real or imagined. The point here is that the Seahawks need to minimize the opportunities that the officials have to get involved. Don't get caught up in that trap of thinking because they are turning a blind eye to our opponents fouling us that we can get away with the same. History has taught us this is not how it works.

I'd love to see our Defensive Secondary adopt a Richard Sherman-ish, approach to pass protection. Richard is a student of the "Best Defense is a Good Offense" school of thought. Richard was a receiver in another life before the NFL, and still is after all these years, only he plays it from the defenses side of the field. We have seen way to many passes completed this year by our opponents, and they have continuously hurt us. An offensive counter strike to this might just be the ticket for the Seahawks and not only deny our opponents pass completions, but instead provide us with the much needed interceptions and exchange of fortunes that come with that.

I'm not really qualified to comment on coaching or strategies, but certainly no less qualified than some of these other talking heads in the sports commentary business. I don't know how you would define the defensive strategy that I'm suggesting or describing, I'm sure there is proper terminology that would better explain or define it.

I know as a boxer, and a boxing coach, that I was a student of the theory that "The Best Defense Was A Good Offense". Meaning that instead of concerning themselves with what their opponents attack strategy was, they would instead keep their opponent in a constant state of defensive mindedness, where they were unable to mount any meaningful offensive attack.

If we put a lot of pressure on Cousins, and start picking off the passes he is throwing under pressure, and then on top of that shut down their running game with that same pressure package off the line. We could make a lot easier game out of this one, than it needs to be. This one last tweak in our defensive strategy, meaning our increased focus and success in interceptions, would certainly make the rest of this season a whole lot easier for us.

I predict the score in this one will be Seahawks 54 vs Vikings 23. Provided of course that we stay focused, disciplined and minimize the officials opportunities to influence the ultimate outcome of this game or any others we play this year.

I know to some I must sound like a conspiracy theorist, and to some degree I guess I am. I'm not a fan of allowing the NFL Home Office, have as much influence over our games outcomes as they are allowed to have under the present governing rules and practices. I could write a book on this subject but this is not the time or the place. I just hope that someday in the future that the NFL will be denied the opportunity to influence which teams win and loose and which teams find their way to a Super Bowl and which ones are denied as a result of their influences.

GO SEAHAWKS !

samwize77

Reaction score
My only real concern is the weather...…..Russ rarely seems to play well in rain.....but we'll see.
Hawks 24
Vikings 20

2_0_6

Reaction score
If the Hawks can get 109+ yards of rushing we will 24-20
108 or less and we lose 20-17