Aros' REVISED Fearless Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Cardinals)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The Debbie Downer Effect was in full bloom after the Seahawks win against the Titans. The truth is, there was so much national media hype for the Seahawks, it created a situation where most fans expected blowouts in most games, especially how we finished last season as the hottest team in the league. Now we see a combination of injuries and every team we face using us as an emotional medal of honor to beat, giving us all they have to match our talent and physicality, and you have a team that has yet to live up to its potential as a dominating, elite force.

We're going to a divisional rivals house on a short week coming off a sloppy performance - albeit a win over the Titans. I hate these short weeks. Love to see my Hawks play so soon, but would rather wait until Sunday for the extra healing and prep time. The Cardinals D scares me, especially in their house. Wilson will continue to piss the opponents off with his legs and by never ever getting rattled. I see another nail-biting affair. The good news is the Cardinals got pretty beat up at San Francisco, so they won't have any edge over us in the short week department.

I want nothing more than to not contribute to the Debbie Downer Effect but I think the short week and being far from firing on all cylinders dooms us against a divisional rival who has circled this one on their calendars since the schedule was released.

EDIT*** For the first time EVER, I've decided to change my prediction one day before the game. Admire it, or think it's lame form, I think I've made a mistake and I want to right it while I still can. - Aros 10/16/ 5:12pm PST

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 20 - Cardinals 17

Aros' Fearless Record: 5-1

pehawk

Reaction score
Oh, great yet another negative nancy thread.

BOOOOOOO! BOOOOOO!!!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
In my season prediction thread, I have this as a win and the MNF game against the Rams as a loss. I struggled with those two picks, because I wasn't brave enough to reverse them. I wish I had. I don't like this game on a short week, either.

Cardinals 17 Seattle 13 on a failed last drive. Again.

Season to Date 5-1

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better the score could easily be flipped flopped.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":lo7wuwo8 said:
The Debbie Downer Effect was in full bloom after the Seahawks win against the Titans. The truth is, there was so much national media hype for the Seahawks, it created a situation where most fans expected blowouts in most games, especially how we finished last season as the hottest team in the league. Now we see a combination of injuries and every team we face using us as an emotional medal of honor to beat, giving us all they have to match our talent and physicality, and you have a team that has yet to live up to its potential as a dominating, elite force.

We're going to a divisional rivals house on a short week coming off a sloppy performance - albeit a win over the Titans. I hate these short weeks. Love to see my Hawks play so soon, but would rather wait until Sunday for the extra healing and prep time. The Cardinals D scares me, especially in their house. Wilson will continue to piss the opponents off with his legs and by never ever getting rattled. I see another nail-biting affair. The good news is the Cardinals got pretty beat up at San Francisco, so they won't have any edge over us in the short week department.

I want nothing more than to not contribute to the Debbie Downer Effect but I think the short week and being far from firing on all cylinders dooms us against a divisional rival who has circled this one on their calendars since the schedule was released.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 17 - Cardinals 20

Aros' Fearless Record: 5-1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Meaning no disrespect here Todd, but I see a huge butt kicking coming here...Seahawks are due for a breakout game and I think the Cardinals are going to be it......so.....

I'm predicting a 42-13 ARSE WHIPPING! The ice on Wilson is thawing.....we'll be ready!

pehawk

Reaction score
31-13, Seahawks.

We saw this slow build offensively last year. Also, I'm sure Pete has dangled extra time off should they win.

Hawknight

Reaction score
pehawk":3fggg7y7 said:
31-13, Seahawks.

We saw this slow build offensively last year. Also, I'm sure Pete has dangled extra time off should they win.

YES!!! Someone who has more faith than even me.....LOL

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
I too hate the short week...still like our D to slow/stop the AZ offense.

Seattle 17 AZ 13...ugly game...but pull out the W

record 5-1

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Team once again makes too many weird, stupid mistakes and Russell Wilson just can't balance them all out with a Houston-caliber pass rush in his face.

Cardinals 23
Seahawks 17

mistaowen

Reaction score
C'mon, Larry Fitzgerald is really good but he is hobbled and no one else on their offense can take over a game. If Carson doesn't throw 3 picks against our defense I will be shocked. Even all their fans think he will throw 3+. This isn't the same team that always goes into Arizona and plays their worst game of the year. It might not be a pretty win if our passing game still sputters but we should be able to control TOP and force Carson Palmer to throw a lot. I like our chances if those things happen. We need to get Marshawn and a few deep passes working early.

Seahawks 24 Cardinals 10

12evanf

Reaction score
Seahawks will take care of the Cardinals in another ugly win.

Hawks 20
Cards 13

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I, like most, hate that we have to travel anywhere on a Thursday. Teams in our situation lose by a large margin since Thursday nights started. But, we are playing a team that I just can't see losing to given the talent disparity. If we drop it, I'd imagine it's because we weren't able to pull our heads out. Luck gave us trouble, and Schaub did for a half. Palmer CAN be a very reliable passer, but so far this year he isn't. I think this is going to be an ugly game that we win simply by having a much more talented team and a defense that won't give up too many points to an offense without a lot of firepower.

Hawks 17
Cardinals 13

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Our team is good enough to beat anybody, anywhere, any time. I won't ever be shocked by a victory. Who knows? Maybe we do kick their asses Thursday? I sure hope so. Nothing would make me happier than to fall to 5-2 in my prediction record this week.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Who knows which Seahawk team will show up this Thursday? It seems to me that we are on the "upward swing" and should handle the Cardinals about as well as the Titans...even if we are in their stadium. Score: Hawks 24-17.....if we can hold onto the ball.

tdlabrie

Reaction score
I think this will be a nail-biter game, but hopefully with a couple picks from Palmer and a hurting Fitzgerld I think we can pull this off.

Seattle 17
Arizona 14

Season 4-2

Slick

Reaction score
Seahawks 27
Cardinals 21

Like everyone else, this score could be flippy-floppied and the Cardinals win. I'm having recurring thoughts about Carson Palmer throwing bombs to Fitz and others for big completions or PIs. Don't underestimate the PI factor. We get called on that a lot!