Aros' REVISED Fearless Prediction Thread (Hawks @ Cardinals)

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
NOTE: For the first time ever, I've revised my fearless pick before a game. See OP.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Aros":sdosg4f5 said:
EDIT*** For the first time EVER, I've decided to change my prediction one day before the game. Admire it, or think it's lame form, I think I've made a mistake and I want to right it while I still can. - Aros 10/16/ 5:12pm PST

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 20 - Cardinals 17

Nope, I thought maybe you'd pull your damn head out Todd. Carson Palmer is not the Bengals QB he used to be. Their D is hot and cold. We should march in there and maybe not dominate (though that is a distinct possibility), but I believe we'll do enough to win. We have more "stuff" than them, and over the rest of the season, "stuff" is gonna start happening... Here's to more "stuff"... Whatever that means... :229031_cheers: :lol:

drdiags

Reaction score
I thought this happened before, when folks started griping that you picked against the Seahawks in one of these threads? Memory slipping I guess. Its like most folks can pick for or against but if Aros picks the team the lose, the blow-back is intense.

No matter how many times you state it is just a feeling/bold prediction, people act as if you are pulling for the results to happen when picking against the team. But it keeps the folks involved so you cannot fight the funk.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Here's the prediction from my hometown newspaper, the Miami Herald...

From Sportswriter Greg Cote:

SEAHAWKS (5-1) AT CARDINALS (3-3)

Line: SEA by 6.5

Cote’s pick: SEA 24-13

TV: 8:25 p.m. Thursday, NFL Network

This looms as a better matchup and more watchable game than you might think at first glance. Seattle has lost its past two trips to the ’Zona desert and six of its past seven – a trend to reckon seriously. And the fact the Seahawks won these teams’ most recent meeting 58-0 (last December in Seattle) assures the Cardbirds will be highly motivated for a little prime-time revenge. I think the Cacti can put up a fight defensively. What I don’t think is that Arizona’s offense will do much at all. Carson Palmer has thrown nine interceptions in his past four games, and the ’Hawks secondary led by CB Richard Sherman plays pass-D as well as any team in the NFL. Consider that Larry Fitzgerald was targeted 22 times in last year’s two matchups but held to five catches for 65 yards and no TDs. Like a rich dessert, this upset pick is tempting but you’d best refuse it.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/16/3 ... -pick.html

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
drdiags":137ql7zt said:
I thought this happened before, when folks started griping that you picked against the Seahawks in one of these threads? Memory slipping I guess. Its like most folks can pick for or against but if Aros picks the team the lose, the blow-back is intense.

No matter how many times you state it is just a feeling/bold prediction, people act as if you are pulling for the results to happen when picking against the team. But it keeps the folks involved so you cannot fight the funk.

I've taken a lot of heat over the years for picking against the Hawks. I've tried so many different methods of picking (from the heart, from the gut, from the vino, from the reverse psychology angle...) I ended up trying to keep it simple: Just pick how I feel. I never wanted these to be simple automatic "Aros Picks The Seahawks This Week! Whooo!" picks. I wanted to try to separate myself from it emotionally as a diehard and really try to pick what I think may be the most likely outcome. Easier said than done.

This change of heart has little to do with being any kind of a soothsayer and everything to do with getting closer to game day where I tend to always feel more optimistic. Still, I have had a true change of heart here and I do expect the Seahawks to win in another close, hard fought battle. Cardinals want this one badly, but so do we.

drdiags

Reaction score
I hear you Aros. If we are sitting at a bar, with time to kill before the game, it is easier to do the pros/cons in a natural flow. On a forum, where you are held captive by your legacy folks look to you as more than just a joe saying what he thinks about the upcoming game. The more connected folks feel with you, the less they want to think you have doubts.

This is a good ritual and I salute you, Moses, Blue Thunder, Kearly, Scott and others who bust their hump to put out entertaining ideas as the season rolls along. Used to love those old Scout articles you did.

FargoHawk

Reaction score
30-13

I don't see any way the Cards score more than 1 offensive TD.

We win easily.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Aros, I thought you changed your pick a few years ago to a Seahawks win and then the Seahawks lost...and then you said you'd never change your pick again.

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Good move Aros, you must have lost sleep over this... Doing the right thing before it's too late is always a good thing... My faith has just raised! GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HawkFan72":fc5zys9c said:
Aros, I thought you changed your pick a few years ago to a Seahawks win and then the Seahawks lost...and then you said you'd never change your pick again.

It's entirely possible but I thought this was my first change of pick...Could be wrong! (No, not the pick! My memory!) :)

HawkFan72

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1uaj6xxy said:
Dude, it's fine. You're allowed to change it up until the game starts. Changing it at halftime or something, however, would be weak. :)

haha that would be hilarious if someone came on here and changed their pick at halftime!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2uyp7gde said:
RolandDeschain":2uyp7gde said:
Dude, it's fine. You're allowed to change it up until the game starts. Changing it at halftime or something, however, would be weak. :)

haha that would be hilarious if someone came on here and changed their pick at halftime!

I can't lie; I would laugh my ass off, too. You look at the time stamp on their post edit and realize they changed it with like 45 seconds left in the 4th quarter, ROFL.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
Sidney Rice has had enough of this boards' crap and he's about to do something about it.

Nothin more dangerous than a spurned hawk.

I like Sidney for 2 touchdowns and if not for my real team at least for my fantasy team!

Seahawks 48
Arizona Cardinals 20

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I keep hearing about the Cards defense and I am sure it is good, but to put some perspective on it, outside of the Jags, the Hawks have played the 1st, 3rd, 9th, 10th and 11th ranked defenses in every one of their games with the Jags being ranked 22. The Cards are ranked 15.

The Hawks will be the toughest defense they have seen at number 2 and really, the only good defense they have beaten was the Panthers.

Carolina gave them 4 turnovers and a safety. The Cards had one 65 yard drive in that game, the next best being 41 yards with a bunch of embarrassment in between. They did get a late 2nd TD after Carolina fumbled on their own 9 yard line.

That was at home...

Sure... it is a division game and all that, but like Tennessee, the Cards are going to need some pretty extraordinary crap to beat the Hawks. Tennessee had that and still lost to the Hawks in a game that really wasn't as close as the score reads.

I am done doubting the Hawks on the road, I am seeing 31-13 with 10 points on turnovers. I kind of doubted this game early as a close win, but just looking at those numbers I can't help but see a decisive victory for Seattle.