ATL opens as a 3.5 point favorite.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
For the love of God Falcon fans, can you whine about the missed pass interference on Kearse that would have ICED the game rather than that stupid "missed" call on Sherman in which Julio was completely covered?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Followthelegion":1cecd637 said:
I get rose tinted lenses as much as the next fan, I mean most of us on here give us a good shot at winning even without Earl.

So I would expect Atlanta fans to be confident, they should be. But all the chat at the moment has not been 'we're going to win', its "we are going to beat you guys down, ass-whoopin". Really, expecting a 20-30 point win? Nothing but trying to stir on an opposition's board.

Rather hollow victory for us if the Falcons win by a score and then we get to say 'I told you so'.

I've never used the word ass and I've never used the word whoopin. All I've said is Atlanta wins.

I've also never said playoff experience didn't mean anything.

What I have said is history doesn't mean anything... but if you wanna throw out the fact Atlanta hasn't won a Super Bowl can I throw out the fact that Seattle hasn't won a road divisional playoff game since 1983 and the only times they've EVER made Super Bowl was as the #1 seed?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Jerhawk":15qp3jvy said:
My god, is it just me, or are these Falcons fans incredibly obnoxious?

I can't remember opposing fans being this bad since the Redskins.

Tip to Falcons fans, this is a Seahawks board. If you want to talk smack, take it to the shack. Your same old arguments are tiresome. I regret defending FalconsFanNW the other day, he's shown his true colors as of late too. How unfortunate

Don't regret it man. I'm probably one of your better non-Seahawk fan posters.

Largent80

Reaction score
^ Does any of that drivel even matter?

So, you think Atlanta will win, good for you. You are on a SEAHAWKS message board, what do you expect?

A standard line for evenly matched teams is 3 for the home team, there is nothing to see here, and to compare what happened this year or any other year to the game at hand is a complete waste of time.

It IS another game, but a playoff game. In that scenario Seattle has fared pretty well the last 5 years, so I wouldn't get all warm and fuzzy about a win If I were you.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
What a bunch of rowdy, jackass Falcon fans. People on this board will be more than happy to discuss matchups, strategy, personnel or coaching with you but if y'all come on here with a bunch of absurd, arrogant attacks, what kind of responses do you expect from us?

On topic, Vegas clearly sees a pretty tight game, which could be expected if the Hawks build on last night. Atl is 11-5, Sea is 11-5-1. Atl has the most explosive offense in the league and Sea is finally getting their running game going. Prosise could be back next week which would be huge and the oline made strides with certain double-team approaches in the ZBS last night.

I expect a good game and the Hawks do have a real chance-anyone flatly dismissing this notion isn't analyzing reality.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Largent80":1xi0iuwf said:
It IS another game, but a playoff game. In that scenario Seattle has fared pretty well the last 5 years, so I wouldn't get all warm and fuzzy about a win If I were you.

Fared pretty well at home you mean...

Road? Not so much.

@ Redskins slow start and should have lost. Shanahan was an idiot.

@ Falcons Slow start and did lose

@ Vikings Blair Walsh

@ Panthers slow start and lost

I don't expect anything less than argument on a Seattle board... but at the same time I'm a realist and I don't see how Seattle fans have a leg to stand on when they claim their road juggernaut of a team is gonna march into Atlanta and shut down the Falcons because of their "playoff experience." This Atlanta team isn't the Lions and isn't the 2012 Falcons either.

But hey... whatever you need to do.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
West TX Hawk":kf28iwwa said:
What a bunch of rowdy, jackass Falcon fans. People on this board will be more than happy to discuss matchups, strategy, personnel or coaching with you but if y'all come on here with a bunch of absurd, arrogant attacks, what kind of responses do you expect from us?

Same here man. Rather have good solid football discussions.

Not interested at all in my team is better then yours pissing contests and won't be responding to those posts anymore.

Largent80

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":oeaucid4 said:
Largent80":oeaucid4 said:

Road? Not so much.

@ Vikings Blair Walsh

I don't expect anything less than argument on a Seattle board... but at the same time I'm a realist and I don't see how Seattle fans have a leg to stand on when they claim their road juggernaut of a team is gonna march into Atlanta and shut down the Falcons because of their "playoff experience." This Atlanta team isn't the Lions and isn't the 2012 Falcons either.

Again, just a bunch of fan drivel to argue about. None of it matters and I would suggest respecting the SEAHAWKS because regardless of all the crap you can dig up and list here, they don't care about one syllable of any of it. They will play to win with the heart of a champion.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Well of course both fan bases will feel like their team will win. I'd be shocked if any fan gave up on their team that has a point spread of only 4.

Falcons and Seahawk fans have plenty of things to feel good about, and plenty of things to worry about. Whether you believe in history or not, the Falcons have choked in playoff games. And I'm not talking about the Falcons from 25 years ago, I'm talking about Matt Ryan's Falcons. I definitely think we have the advantage of playoff experience.

But there is no doubt that the Falcons are the better offensive team. They have a great OLine, a QB playing at an MVP level, and a great running game to pair with their passing game. However, I don't think this Falcons team is as good as the one that beat us during RW's rookie year. The big difference is one guy, Tony Gonzalez. TE's are our weakness, and ATL doesn't really utilize the TE that much. I think a lot of the Falcons struggles the last few years had to do with Ryan missing his security blanket, Tony G. He was so big for them on 3rd down and in the RZ.

I'm hoping ATL comes out flat with having a week off. You never really know what to expect when a team gets a bye. I'm hoping they come out flat and we keep momentum from our win against the Lions.

Like all our games, it probably comes down to our offensive line. If they can protect RW and allow us to run the ball, we will have a great shot at winning. But if the OLine plays like they did against Arizona, we likely lose. On a good note, there aren't really any great defensive fronts in the NFC playoff picture.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Largent80":2i3j3pyg said:
FalconsFanNW":2i3j3pyg said:
Largent80":2i3j3pyg said:

Road? Not so much.

@ Vikings Blair Walsh

Again, just a bunch of fan drivel to argue about. None of it matters and I would suggest respecting the SEAHAWKS because regardless of all the crap you can dig up and list here, they don't care about one syllable of any of it. They will play to win with the heart of a champion.

Ok so we haven't done well on the road in the playoffs. Point proven. And what is ATL's playoff record under Matt Ryan?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Largent80":klborzur said:
I would suggest respecting the SEAHAWKS because regardless of all the crap you can dig up and list here, they don't care about one syllable of any of it. They will play to win with the heart of a champion.

Never said I didn't respect the Seahawks. In fact one could argue Seattle fans aren't showing Atlanta any respect... and given Seattle's road performances both regular season and recent playoffs that strikes me as odd to say the least.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
hang on who thought we should have lost that game against the Redskins? We utterly dominated them after they jumped out to a 14 point lead, and no, not just because Griffin's knee got hit (repeatedly).

The win against Vikings was as tough a win as there is out there in those conditions, can't just excuse it to 'Blair Walsh'.

Turnovers against the Falcons killed us in first half, and the offense still pulled it out the fire, before the defense shit the bed.

Carolina I don't defend. They deserved to win, punched us in the mouth in first half and score was only tight as they went so uber conservative in the 2nd half.

All in all, Seattle been OK on the road (not great but not bad), but they just haven't had to do it much recently!

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3qre7x56 said:
Ok so we haven't done well on the road in the playoffs. Point proven. And what is ATL's playoff record under Matt Ryan?

Been over this like 32 times already. Anyone who blames Ryan for the 1-4 record should go over the game stats in those games... especially the SF game where he threw 400 yards 3 TDs with 1 pick and a 115 rating. But it's his fault he D blew the 17-0 lead.

K

BTW... he does have a playoff win. But y'all remember that one.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
The falcons are soft . And due to get beat up

Foghawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":c0x6w4jj said:
Hawk-Lock":c0x6w4jj said:

Been over this like 32 times already. Anyone who blames Ryan for the 1-4 record should go over the game stats in those games... especially the SF game where he threw 400 yards 3 TDs with 1 pick and a 115 rating. But it's his fault the D blew he 17-0 lead.

K

Fair points. So how's the Falcon's defense looking at the moment?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Foghawk":tlkgidhw said:
Fair points. So how's the Falcon's defense looking at the moment?

A lot better since the bye week.

Beasley led the NFL in sacks. We have a pass rusher that we haven't had before.

Our D isn't our strength and nobody says it is. What we do have is an offense that scores quick and often... forcing other teams into throw mode. That's why Atlanta had 307 rushing attempts against all season... one of the lowest in the league.

There are no lights out defenses in the playoffs this year. We have every reason to be confident.

treefidy

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1fzexk03 said:
At least we have one.

Yeah I keep hearing that...

Like the Falcons don't have a fan base...

Yet the Falcons forums are much larger.

Probably because the Seahawks will go the way of the Sonics once the team gets back to it's usual losing ways.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2jgno4t9 said:
Hawk-Lock":2jgno4t9 said:

Been over this like 32 times already. Anyone who blames Ryan for the 1-4 record should go over the game stats in those games... especially the SF game where he threw 400 yards 3 TDs with 1 pick and a 115 rating. But it's his fault he D blew the 17-0 lead.

K

But what about the other games? I think it's safe to say he played pretty poorly in his first three playoff games. I will give him a slight pass on his first playoff game as he was a rookie that season.

pcbball12

Reaction score
treefidy":g16r0vr4 said:
CodeWarrior":g16r0vr4 said:
At least we have one.

Yeah I keep hearing that...

Like the Falcons don't have a fan base...

Yet the Falcons forums are much larger.

Probably because the Seahawks will go the way of the Sonics once the team gets back to it's usual losing ways.
Coming from a fan of a team that makes the playoffs once every 5 years or so. Comical.