ATL opens as a 3.5 point favorite.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Rat":1smtfq1d said:
Hawkpower":1smtfq1d said:
Rat":1smtfq1d said:
Surprised the line isn't higher. That's basically saying the Falcons are just a slight favorite on a neutral field. We have a big advantage in regards to playoff experience, but with them playing at home and playing MUCH better than us as of late, I was expecting the line to be in the 5-7 range.

Should be a good game, but I thought the Lions one was a toss-up too. I never know what to expect of this team anymore.

I can't for the life of me figure why anybody thinks Atlanta is a better team.

Basically the same record, won head to head...the line should be 3-4 to account for home field. Not a surprise at all.

I didn't say Atlanta was better, I said they've been playing better. If we were guaranteed to be getting both teams healthy and at their best, my money would definitely be on Seattle.

Shouldnt have quoted your post in response as my point doesnt really directly relate to what you said. Sorry about that.

I just see a lot of fans on both sides giving the edge to Atlanta regardless of location, which doesn't make much sense. I guess you could argue that they are "playing better" but that is so subjective and dependent on various factors that I am not sure it matters much coming in to this game.

These teams had nearly identical seasons and Seattle won head to head. If anything, Seattle, with its playoff experience and better defense should be a slight favorite on a neutral field.

Defense always wins in the playoffs. Always.

treefidy

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3ss8q2sx said:
Shouldnt have quoted your post in response as my point doesnt really directly relate to what you said. Sorry about that.

I just see a lot of fans on both sides giving the edge to Atlanta regardless of location, which doesn't make much sense. I guess you could argue that they are "playing better" but that is so subjective and dependent on various factors that I am not sure it matters much coming in to this game.

These teams had nearly identical seasons and Seattle won head to head. If anything, Seattle, with its playoff experience and better defense should be a slight favorite on a neutral field.

Head to head IN Seattle... This is on the road, where Seattle has been bad. ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

As far as the teams being identical this season. No.

The Seahawks started well and fizzled out. Much like Atlanta did last season. The Falcons have played well the last month, dominating the same competition Seattle played against.

Tell the 2009 Saints about Defense.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
7 years since a bad D won the championship? And the Saints just happened to luck out in that they were playing an equally poor Indy D.

Not to mention you dominated a bunch of turd defenses the last month. You lost to the last decent defense you played in the chiefs.

Defense wins championships. Well, defense and Tom Brady.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
treefidy":2vh1khp0 said:
Hawkpower":2vh1khp0 said:

Head to head IN Seattle... This is on the road, where Seattle has been bad. ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

As far as the teams being identical this season. No.

The Seahawks started well and fizzled out. Much like Atlanta did last season. The Falcons have played well the last month, dominating the same competition Seattle played against.

Tell the 2009 Saints about Defense.

Fizzled out?

They have won 4 of 6, 7 out of their last 10.

You must be buying some make believe media narrative, or you just read the bipolar Seahawks.net posts too much.

The difference between Atlanta and Seattle's 2016 season was a missed field goal that caused a tie.

I am starting to wonder what is in the water down there. You guys are delusional.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1sfwy0rc said:
Hawk-Lock":1sfwy0rc said:
But what about the other games? I think it's safe to say he played pretty poorly in his first three playoff games. I will give him a slight pass on his first playoff game as he was a rookie that season.

GB was on fire... put up 48 pts and didn't punt all game. Won XLV.
NYG was on fire... shut out our offense. Ryan had 0 TD 0 INT. NYG won XLVI beating Brady.

Atlanta ran into 2 hot teams that won it all? Oh well?

Thanks for the pass on the Cardinals game. 30-24 loss on road in rookie season. SF game he did more than enough to win. There ya have it folks... his 4 playoff losses.

All i hear are excuses. Bottom line is he played really poorly against both the Packers and Giants. I remember that Giants game, ATL and Ryan didn't even show up. Bottom line, he is 1-4 in the playoffs.

Whether that has anything to do with him now, we'll find out soon. I don't know if it is a Matt Ryan thing or a Mike Smith thing, but the Falcons crumbled at the end of our playoff game and the 49ers game when you guys lost to them in the NFC Championship game. Once again, I don't know if it was Ryan who played poorly or just poor coaching by Mike Smith, but both of those games ATL blew huge leads.

We can go on and on about why you think they will win, or why I think we will win. We will find out on Sunday. Either way you guys had a great season. On paper, I think you guys are the better and more healthy team, but Seattle does have the better defense and more experience.

treefidy

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3lgplphy said:
Fizzled out?

You must be buying some make believe media narrative, or you just read the bipolar Seahawks.net posts too much.

The difference between Atlanta and Seattle's 2016 season was a missed field goal that caused a tie.

I am starting to wonder what is in the water down there. You guys are delusional.

Yes. Fizzled out. You lost 3 of your last 6 with the #2 seed on the line.

Hardly impressive...

If you want to call a missed FG the difference, then stop talking about our loss to the Chiefs and Chargers. We lost on a 2pt conversion returned for a TD to the Chiefs and a missed FG vs the Chargers.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
treefidy":2p1lspo2 said:
Hawkpower":2p1lspo2 said:
Fizzled out?

Hardly impressive...

If you want to call a missed FG the difference, then stop talking about our loss to the Chiefs and Chargers. We lost on a 2pt conversion returned for a TD to the Chiefs and a missed FG vs the Chargers.

There is no doubt ATL has had more momentum to finish out the season than us. One week ago this forum acted as if the season was over. I remember certain posters saying they don't even know if they want to watch the Seahawks anymore. So I won't argue with you on that.

ATL finished the season on a very good note. Us...not so much. Beating the Lions like we did is a step in the right direction though.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
treefidy":15etg1fo said:
Hawkpower":15etg1fo said:
Fizzled out?

Hardly impressive...

Haha 7 out of 10. We both have 5 losses.

I think its hilarious that you believe Atlanta to be a significantly better football team. Your delusions get worse with every post.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":iszuyh8q said:
treefidy":iszuyh8q said:
Hawkpower":iszuyh8q said:
Fizzled out?

Hardly impressive...

There is no doubt ATL has had more momentum to finish out the season than us. One week ago this forum acted as if the season was over. I remember certain posters saying they don't even know if they want to watch the Seahawks anymore. So I won't argue with you on that.

ATL finished the season on a very good note. Us...not so much. Beating the Lions like we did is a step in the right direction though.

Using .net reactions as a barometer of the teams status is silly. This place is bipolar and quite frankly, we have some well meaning but very inexperienced fans here.

MANY teams have "sputtered" down the stretch in a real way, not just an overreactive fan way, and gone on to win big things. Plenty of hot teams are one and done. Its an overplayed narrative that Falcon fans are praying for despite not much evidence to support their hopes.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
pcbball12":3qp403jn said:
treefidy":3qp403jn said:
pcbball12":3qp403jn said:
Coming from a fan of a team that makes the playoffs once every 5 years or so. Comical.

Says the fan of the team who was no different than us 5 years ago...
Except from 2000-2010 we made the playoffs 6 times with a SB appearance. So, we have been relevant pretty much the last 17 years. I know that is probably longer than you have been following football so I wouldn't expect you to know that.

/thread

chris98251

Reaction score
If your rolling a Bi week is the worst thing, the momentum and way everything is fluid and working gets interrupted and you have to reset, if your struggling and have injuries it's a God send, you reset everything and have a chance to get back to what made you successful.

It can take a half or a quarter to get timing and sync back especially with an offense at game speed that passes as much as the Falcons, our problem is were traditionally slow starters and would hope our defense can take advantage of the sync up of timing with game speed routes to give our offense some short field position to get early points.

We will see I guess.

treefidy

Reaction score
chris98251":2hhqe33s said:
If your rolling a Bi week is the worst thing, the momentum and way everything is fluid and working gets interrupted and you have to reset, if your struggling and have injuries it's a God send, you reset everything and have a chance to get back to what made you successful.

It can take a half or a quarter to get timing and sync back especially with an offense at game speed that passes as much as the Falcons, our problem is were traditionally slow starters and would hope our defense can take advantage of the sync up of timing with game speed routes to give our offense some short field position to get early points.

We will see I guess.

Are you actually serious?

Falcons after our bye...

Falcons 38, Cardinals 19
At the half we had 17 points

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The whole bye week thing is unique to each team. We will find out on Sunday if it has any effect on Atlanta. If I had to guess I'd say it won't.

treefidy

Reaction score
If anything, the bye is what got our Offense rolling again.

The game before the bye we had 15 points.

After the bye 38, 28, 42, 41, 33, 38

treefidy

Reaction score
whidbeast":3mvu4que said:
ATL has a fan base, last year they became the Panthers fan base but they're back now

Yeah. That would be like saying the Seahawks fan base came from the Cardinals base.

If anything, some Seahawks fans jumped to the Panthers wagon and back.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Seattle : 35
Atlanta : 17

If we can go into New England and win on a short week, then we can most certainly go into Atlanta and win.

whidbeast

Reaction score
treefidy":oslxti39 said:
whidbeast":oslxti39 said:
ATL has a fan base, last year they became the Panthers fan base but they're back now

Yeah. That would be like saying the Seahawks fan base came from the Cardinals base.

If anything, some Seahawks fans jumped to the Panthers wagon and back.
You do realize that NC and GA are bordering states?