B.J. Daniels and Rod Smith released

mikeak

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":a71el5am said:
ImTheScientist":a71el5am said:
These players are both borderline NFL players. Its why they were released.
'
Paul Richardson is a borderline NFL player and he's still on the roster

That is a borderline funny comment

Richardson was coming on really strong at the end of the year and snapped the ball out of the air. High, low, out from the body didn't matter he just got his arms out hauled it in and secured it.

He will be our best receiver with Lockett before year is over

Seafan

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if they brought Moody up due to BWag injury. BJ may land back on PS.

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":k02o3bl3 said:
ImTheScientist":k02o3bl3 said:
'

Not sure if serious...

peppersjap

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":vj2yjdn1 said:
ImTheScientist":vj2yjdn1 said:
'
Did you even watch Paul Richardson play last year?

Vetamur

Reaction score
Bummer.. I like Daniels in particular. He can do a lot of things.. and can really move the Read Option offense when needed..

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Vetamur":9gjg63jm said:
Bummer.. I like Daniels in particular. He can do a lot of things.. and can really move the Read Option offense when needed..

I hope we retain him on the practice squad. He is a dynamic backup.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":23548abw said:
Vetamur":23548abw said:

I hope we retain him on the practice squad. He is a dynamic backup.[/quote

Don't see why we will miss him, if I am correct he has made one catch in his entire career as a Hawk.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Could the 9ers grab Daniels? Possibly an upgrade on Gabbert, heck even Kaepernick at this point

rideaducati

Reaction score
mikeak":3glk8mza said:
Kennedyin92":3glk8mza said:
ImTheScientist":3glk8mza said:
'

That is a borderline funny comment

Richardson was coming on really strong at the end of the year and snapped the ball out of the air. High, low, out from the body didn't matter he just got his arms out hauled it in and secured it.

He will be our best receiver with Lockett before year is over

I think Lockett and Richardson will be the best receivers too, but Bevell will have them on the bench while Kearse is being smothered all game long.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1dcakh91 said:
Cowboys claimed Smith :(

Seahawks sort of shot themselves in the foot by putting out good tape for Smith and then releasing him to waivers immediately after.

Basis4day

Reaction score
DavidSeven":26bzecoi said:
Glasgow Seahawk":26bzecoi said:

Seahawks sort of shot themselves in the foot by putting out good tape for Smith and then releasing him to waivers immediately after.

What did he do? I only recall seeing him once. Stat sheet doesn't indicate much. He only played 5 snaps and had two attempts for 5 yds on the game.

Was there a key block?

Silentwander

Reaction score
Oh Slytherin! I had a feeling that Cowboys would claim Smith. Rawls was going to be Cowboys but last minute of heart he decided to sign with Seahawks.

Will Cowboys still keep Christine Michaels?

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
The Cowboys could have signed him off the practice squad and to their active roster at any point during the last 6 weeks, so a bit odd they would claim him off waivers now. I liked Smith a lot in preseason, so disappointing but he'll probably be available for the Hawks to sign him back later in the year when Dallas cuts him to fill in another roster position. Teams in the NFL churn the last two guys on their roster constantly to provide depth at one position or another.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Basis4day":1dz0xeiw said:
DavidSeven":1dz0xeiw said:
Glasgow Seahawk":1dz0xeiw said:

What did he do? I only recall seeing him once. Stat sheet doesn't indicate much. He only played 5 snaps and had two attempts for 5 yds on the game.

Was there a key block?

Nothing too earth-shattering, but on our opening TD drive, Smith converts a 1st down on 2nd-and-1 by barreling past the Bengals who got good penetration. This was key, because we went deep for a TD on the very next play.

On his second rush, Bengals get good penetration again, but he barrels forward for two yards when he should've been stuffed. I think the style on display (tough running) was maybe more impressive than the paper results.

Obviously, he didn't have a Rawls-like performance, but enough for the Cowboys to take a flier. I'm not sure they poach him if they hadn't seen him in a real game.

kidhawk

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3k9qup06 said:
The Cowboys could have signed him off the practice squad and to their active roster at any point during the last 6 weeks, so a bit odd they would claim him off waivers now. I liked Smith a lot in preseason, so disappointing but he'll probably be available for the Hawks to sign him back later in the year when Dallas cuts him to fill in another roster position. Teams in the NFL churn the last two guys on their roster constantly to provide depth at one position or another.

I am a bit surprised. I thought he'd clear waivers. Could it have anything to do with the fact we play them soon? Or could it Michael isn't working out so well?

Latest posts