Ben Maller rips Marshawn

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
rastahawk":2z0s69xi said:
Frickin' love it. The seething hate that emanates from our haters. We've created a monster. From the way Sherman trash talks and calls out his critics and opposing fans, the way Marshawn doesn't give a flip about the media, The Pete Carroll is a "horrible human being" drum beaters, the Russell Wilson is a "game manager" believers, The Paul Allen "bought his championship" conspirators... On and on and on. Man have our Seahawks arrived!!! This ain't your daddy's Seahawks. Merry Christmas haters. Go sit on a candy cane.
Great post Rasta.
I said it last year and I'll say it again this year..............embrace the hate Hawks fans. It means you're relevant. And considering we're from South Alaska, that relevance isn't some ESPN propagated bullshit either.

mikeak

Reaction score
Did anyone hear the questions to Rondo after being traded to Dallas?

"What made you want to come to Dallas?"

I didn't have a say in the matter........

Awesome answer to a dumb question

And for above - yes it is in the CBA that they have to be available to the media

minormillikin

Reaction score
Ben Maller is awful. I've heard his show late at night on a number of occasions, only to turn it off after realizing how little he knows what he is talking about.

Even for a sports radio host, he is an idiot. And he's a loud blowhardy idiot to boot.

... aggressively stupid...

ivotuk

Reaction score
Just because it's in the CBA doesn't mean all the players agreed to it. It's because that lazy ass DeMaurice Smith was too busy getting "facetime" on the camera to pay attention to what Roger Goodell was doing.

I think it's a ridiculous requirement. A good writer doesn't depend on the words of an athlete to write a story. These guys are only looking for someone to make a mistake so that they can jump all over it with self-righteous indignation.

I'll support Marshawn Lynch in saying nothing all day long.

jhawk91

Reaction score
He's been trashing Lynch for weeks now (I don't know why I listen to his lame show) he's a typical media douch bag who thinks he knows it all

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
minormillikin":dfvgoiyo said:
Ben Maller is awful. I've heard his show late at night on a number of occasions, only to turn it off after realizing how little he knows what he is talking about.

Even for a sports radio host, he is an idiot. And he's a loud blowhardy idiot to boot.

... aggressively stupid...

This basically describes Fox Sports Radio as a whole

Have you ever listened to JT The Brick? Yikes.

chris98251

Reaction score
Let the hate begin, it's like a muse to this team, more BS better play, they are in sync again. Lets beat the Rams and then we will watch the show begin as the media and other teams try to get into our Seahawks heads.

shawnsim

Reaction score
HawkWow":9v6d0kta said:
Ziggyy108":9v6d0kta said:
I would argue that the media are jackasses and they have the easiest jobs in the world.

They watch sports and then sit on the couch and write about it.

If you don't mind my asking...what is your occupation? Whether you're a doctor or a plumber, there's a joke that can be made about your profession, as well, and you can bet it has it's share of jackass'. Am I wrong?

This forum, which btw would be considered "media", is littered with pieces that flatter our Hawks on a daily basis. Why read any of that? Why put any stock in any of those compliments when the writer is obviously just some dimwit jackass that sits on his couch all day? The writer that says "Luck is better than Wilson" sucks no more than the writer that says "Wilson is better than Luck". It's all about perspective (and what you want to hear).

It appears I am singling you out, I'm not. "The media sux" thing is widespread. I ask these questions in all sincerity. I have been with "the media" in one capacity or another for the majority of my adult life and for the most part, can speak only favorably of the majority of writers and reporters I have known. Some are better than others, to be sure, but the majority of these people take their craft quite seriously.

OTOH, do know that what you are reading in the big papers, and certainly what you are watching on TV, is not necessarily the actual opinion of the reporter or commentator. Big news equals big money and like any profession, there will be those that choose money over art. At the networks, in particular, it's seldom that an editor, or director, isn't catering to ratings or sponsors. They push their heavily influenced agendas on the writer, then the commentator, and tell both to jump. Really no different than any other corporation.

The media, in general, is simply offering perspective. It is up to you, the individual, to process that information and form your own opinion. You have a choice in what you choose to believe. To those that believe "The media sux", I believe you would have a very difficult time living without it.

I get what you are driving at here but lets get some perspective. A Doctor or Plumber provides a useful and necessary service to society. The media is simply smoke and mirrors, it is vapor no real contribution to society other than creating ways to control societies thought processes and create social norms. I would rather be a Plumber.

Lets face it Marshawn is a grown man making millions of dollars to play a game. The media is exactly the same, just a different game. Ask him about what really matters in life and he talks about his foundation. Football is a game. Its not real life. Ask him about real life and he seems to become a different person. The medias persistence is shameful. They do not want REAL LIFE they want vapor.

HawkWow

Reaction score
shawnsim":2smr7vhq said:
HawkWow":2smr7vhq said:
Ziggyy108":2smr7vhq said:
I would argue that the media are jackasses and they have the easiest jobs in the world.

If you don't mind my asking...what is your occupation? Whether you're a doctor or a plumber, there's a joke that can be made about your profession, as well, and you can bet it has it's share of jackass'. Am I wrong?

This forum, which btw would be considered "media", is littered with pieces that flatter our Hawks on a daily basis. Why read any of that? Why put any stock in any of those compliments when the writer is obviously just some dimwit jackass that sits on his couch all day? The writer that says "Luck is better than Wilson" sucks no more than the writer that says "Wilson is better than Luck". It's all about perspective (and what you want to hear).

It appears I am singling you out, I'm not. "The media sux" thing is widespread. I ask these questions in all sincerity. I have been with "the media" in one capacity or another for the majority of my adult life and for the most part, can speak only favorably of the majority of writers and reporters I have known. Some are better than others, to be sure, but the majority of these people take their craft quite seriously.

OTOH, do know that what you are reading in the big papers, and certainly what you are watching on TV, is not necessarily the actual opinion of the reporter or commentator. Big news equals big money and like any profession, there will be those that choose money over art. At the networks, in particular, it's seldom that an editor, or director, isn't catering to ratings or sponsors. They push their heavily influenced agendas on the writer, then the commentator, and tell both to jump. Really no different than any other corporation.

The media, in general, is simply offering perspective. It is up to you, the individual, to process that information and form your own opinion. You have a choice in what you choose to believe. To those that believe "The media sux", I believe you would have a very difficult time living without it.

I get what you are driving at here but lets get some perspective. A Doctor or Plumber provides a useful and necessary service to society. The media is simply smoke and mirrors, it is vapor no real contribution to society other than creating ways to control societies thought processes and create social norms. I would rather be a Plumber. .

The media is what you make of it and what you take away from it. Nothing more. Nothing less. I see it as a means of education. IE: Hot's on the left, cold's on the right and shit runs downhill.

Now you're a plumber. That I learned from watching TV.

BTW...my doctor just went to prison for impregnating a girl he got addicted to pain killers.

shawnsim

Reaction score
HawkWow":1rr3vmw5 said:
shawnsim":1rr3vmw5 said:
HawkWow":1rr3vmw5 said:
Ziggyy108":1rr3vmw5 said:

I get what you are driving at here but lets get some perspective. A Doctor or Plumber provides a useful and necessary service to society. The media is simply smoke and mirrors, it is vapor no real contribution to society other than creating ways to control societies thought processes and create social norms. I would rather be a Plumber.

Lets face it Marshawn is a grown man making millions of dollars to play a game. The media is exactly the same, just a different game. Ask him about what really matters in life and he talks about his foundation. Football is a game. Its not real life. Ask him about real life and he seems to become a different person. The medias persistence is shameful. They do not want REAL LIFE they want vapor.

The media is what you make of it and what you take away from it. Nothing more. Nothing less. I see it as a means of education. IE: Hot's on the left, cold's on the right and shit runs downhill. Now you're a plumber. That I learned from watching TV.

Well. You may be one of the few that actually cares. If so, I wish you well.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Thanks...and I do. I've walked away from many gigs that did not allow me full control (of my own opinion). My grammar obviously sucks and my wit obviously abrasive. Every editor's nightmare.

I was once doing album reviews for a local paper. Several years after Cobain's death, I wrote a story about his music. The asshat editor not only removed what I felt was the most compelling piece of the story, he added something I never said or felt (something about the lead singer from the Offspring). I refused to write for that POS again. I am taking a break right now, but have full and absolute control of my sports and music shows. I genuinely sympathize with those that don't.

Smellyman

Reaction score
shawnsim":3c24dgdr said:
HawkWow":3c24dgdr said:
Ziggyy108":3c24dgdr said:

sports writing, yes not much contribution.

but a free press and media is the corenerstone of democracy and is perhpas THE most essential contributor of a free society.

It has devolved into a mess in many aspects, but that is up to you what you want to consume and where to get your information....

Torc

Reaction score
So let's see......

Richard Sherman should shut up and let his play speak for him.

Marshawn should be open and willing to talk about his performance.

The players can't win (in the media).

shawnsim

Reaction score
HawkWow":riknuepv said:
Thanks...and I do. I've walked away from many gigs that did not allow me full control (of my own opinion). My grammar obviously sucks and my wit obviously abrasive. Every editor's nightmare.

I was once doing album reviews for a local paper. Several years after Cobain's death, I wrote a story about his music. The asshat editor not only removed what I felt was the most compelling piece of the story, he added something I never said or felt (something about the lead singer from the Offspring). I refused to write for that POS again. I am taking a break right now, but have full and absolute control of my sports and music shows. I genuinely sympathize with those that don't.

Haha. Yeah I have bad grammar as well as a terrible internet voice. I respect people like you. Sometimes you have to stand for something or fall for everything. Cliché. Yes. Still true. We need people in the media who are people first and wolves last. Look man i busted your balls a bit but, judging by your first post, you care. I can respect that.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Maller picks a different team to root for every year.
Gets his listeners to give him reasons to cheer for their teams.

Its not really worth it to listen to him if you want decent NFL commentary.
He's sort of like a morning drive host in the late night.

Talks more about what restaurants have food named after him around the country than anything else.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
just another adult bully who does not get what they want. i must say, the internets has sure made it easier to be a bully.