Ben Maller rips Marshawn

minormillikin

Reaction score
To be fair... I don't think that's a very recent picture of Ben Maller. I'm pretty sure he's not a fat guy (anymore).

That said... If I keep eating Christmas cookies they way I have been, I will look like the old Ben Maller by next week.

shawnsim

Reaction score
minormillikin":1zjsv41e said:
To be fair... I don't think that's a very recent picture of Ben Maller. I'm pretty sure he's not a fat guy (anymore).

That said... If I keep eating Christmas cookies they way I have been, I will look like the old Ben Maller by next week.

I will bet that you don't show up for picture day wearing a nacho stained Kirkland signature T-shirt under a cheap suit jacket whilst in your underwear and black socks.

olyfan63

Reaction score
KPA":1ytuph8x said:
Ya... that 79 yard TD on prime-time was such a jack-ass move, what was he thinking

Truth be told, I could give a rats rear end what any NFL player has to say... I'm not thinking about the interviews during the game. The media is just trying to make themselves relevant.

Bruce Irvin had a very interesting interview after the Cards game with the Q13 Postgame Show crew, Wyman and Strong and Levine.

seahawks187

Reaction score
Ben Maller used to air where I'm at but this year they switched to NBC dudes.. Ben Maller is a narcissistic idiot.. he thinks he knows everything, he loves to listen to his own voice.. I've heard him get all kinds of booty hurt when a caller or someone had a different point than his own.. It's all good though he can hate all he wants, hopefully he stays on overnight radio so most people don't even have to hear him.

StoneCold

Reaction score
HawkWow":1xan04wb said:
Thanks...and I do. I've walked away from many gigs that did not allow me full control (of my own opinion). My grammar obviously sucks and my wit obviously abrasive. Every editor's nightmare.

I was once doing album reviews for a local paper. Several years after Cobain's death, I wrote a story about his music. The asshat editor not only removed what I felt was the most compelling piece of the story, he added something I never said or felt (something about the lead singer from the Offspring). I refused to write for that POS again. I am taking a break right now, but have full and absolute control of my sports and music shows. I genuinely sympathize with those that don't.

It is unfair to lump all media into on shit pile. But that doesn't mean there isn't a bad smell. You point out that some are forced to smell that way to make the money. I say too bad for them and I hope they enjoy their cash. There are a few writers that you can tell put in a lot of work into what they write. Nate Silver and Bill Barnwell are a couple of my favorites. But too often reporters ask stupid questions and I don't have a problem saying it, pointing it out nor with how Marshawn has chosen to deal with it. I have respect for the good writers, but it makes my stomach churn and my eyes roll back in my head when I hear, "so how did it feel?"

SC

matthews628

Reaction score
I actually really enjoy Maller's show, and listen to it any night I'm driving home late from work. He's definitely a contrarian, but at least, unlike so many PC morons, he's not afraid to say what he really thinks.

I think in this particular instance, his bias, being a member of the media, was on display to a fault through his use of the term "jackass", but I agree with his general sentiment. What I take issue with, regarding Lynch specifically and his aversion to the media, is why he thinks he's different from any other player or coach. I understand he prefers not to talk, but I'm sure he's not the only one. I know he grew up in a rough neighborhood, surrounded by influences who probably didn't shape his social skills very well, but, again, he's not the only one. Yet he sticks out like a sore thumb, and has become notorious, for his complete reluctance to offer any kind of insight in to his personality or decision making processes. He doesn't need to give the media a novel for an answer to every question, but to indignantly respond with a word or phrase that's not even relevant, or completely skip his media obligation altogether, really does make him look like an immature child. It reminds me of little kids just saying "why?" over and over again to annoy their parents, or "I know you are but what am I?".

I love Lynch as a player - he's played an active role in some of the best sports memories of my life - but he's darn lucky he's good at football. If Lynch can have one, maybe two more years of 1000+ yards and ~7 TDs the discussion about a potential HOF induction becomes pretty legitimate. I'd put money on most voters making it exponentially more difficult for him to ever get in, as a result of his antics. That being said, he'd probably prefer NOT to get in, to avoid the obligatory acceptance speech.

capncrunch

Reaction score
HawkWow":aismddbm said:
Thanks...and I do. I've walked away from many gigs that did not allow me full control (of my own opinion). My grammar obviously sucks and my wit obviously abrasive. Every editor's nightmare.

I was once doing album reviews for a local paper. Several years after Cobain's death, I wrote a story about his music. The asshat editor not only removed what I felt was the most compelling piece of the story, he added something I never said or felt (something about the lead singer from the Offspring). I refused to write for that POS again. I am taking a break right now, but have full and absolute control of my sports and music shows. I genuinely sympathize with those that don't.

That's an interesting story. I hope your career goes where you'd like it to go. I once did an interview of the Ramones for my college paper and radio station. They played it on the air but the editor refused to put it in print. What a douche. When I arrived at the club to do the interview. The manager said they would only do it if I brought them a television. So, I ran home (literally) and got one. They ended up putting on the stage behind a speaker. So, through the whole show they were watching the Mets v. Red Sox game 5. (game 6 was the famous one) but the crowd had no idea. They all autographed the tv.

As to the Marshawn not talking thing. Stephen A. Smith also went off about it. He supports the leagues fines. Bayless didn't weigh in. I personally don't care if he talks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HMX2iePmfU

Tical21

Reaction score
I ripped him apart before the Super Bowl when he was going on and on about how the Seahawks had zero chance and were just the next team between Peyton and his coronation, etc. I predicted a blowout, as the Broncos gameplan works right into the Seahawks strengths, and he ripped me on-air for about two weeks. It was pretty sweet to call back in the weekend after the game. He actually took it pretty well.

Maulbert

Reaction score
Ben Maller is a blowhard, but a somewhat entertaining blowhard. His producer calls him on his bull****, which doesn't happen to JT the Brick or that ***hat Arnie "Denver is going to be up by 2 TDs by the 2nd quarter" Spanier. I do rather enjoy Benny vs. The Penny.