Besides OL... What concerns you the most about the Seahawks?

Besides OL... What concerns you the most about the Seahawks?

• Blair Walsh

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Corner starting opposite Sherman

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Locker room camaraderie

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • The running game

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • The offensive coordinator

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Malik McDowell injury

Votes: 5 5.3%
  • Tyler Lockett/Earl Thomas injury recovery

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Other - see thread

Votes: 9 9.6%

• Total voters

Seymour

Reaction score
hawknation2017":385vipp0 said:
So far, Blair Walsh is 10 for 10 on FGs during training camp scrimmages.
:snack:

Wrong!

2 for 4 day 1.

Next 2 days he made them all.

Also in OTA's he was absolutely horrible.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I voted "other" but am voting along the same lines as the "lockett/Thomas injuries".

Just injuries period. Healthy Russ, healthy JG, healthy kam, healthy guys mentioned above, let alone all the Oline and Dline players = NFC West + 2 or 3 seed.

Sometimes it's just about winning the war of attrition.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
scrummymustard":2f0n2a89 said:
I voted for the Bevell option, but with a caveat. He's fine until we get in the Red Zone. It was tough to watch last year.

Even with our disastrous Oline play last year, if we are just marginally better in the red zone, we lock down the #2 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

We were 25th in RZ scoring percentage with Graham and Baldwin, this team should be in the top 10 automatically. It is astounding. Warren Sharps' 2017 football preview identified a glaring problem. In 71 red zone plays run inside the 10 yard line in 2016, Graham received ONLY 4 targets. Our best weapon in the RZ, and top 5 in the entire NFL is getting only 5.6% of plays going his way inside the 10. It's criminal.

That's that bullshit man. Just reading this makes me want to skyhook a dictionary sized playbook at Bevell from the stands! :pukeface:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Can the LOB stay healthy and regain their dominance as the premier defensive backfield in the NFL.

We got the names, maybe even future HOF'ers..........but are Earl, Sherm and Kam already on the downhill slide into overpaid stars? Or can they dig deep, stay healthy, and give us another couple of years of incredible play?

Seymour

Reaction score
scrummymustard":5iu8lhze said:
..... In 71 red zone plays run inside the 10 yard line in 2016, Graham received ONLY 4 targets.

That is not so bad really....
Once you get the squeal down, it gets easier.

Teeth deliverance1

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Poll really should have excluded Bevell as well. Just as dead a horse as the OL.

I went with McDowell. With Avril and Bennett getting up there and everyone else injury-prone, we've got only Frank Clark, who's a beast but only one.

Running game is a good thought.

scrummymustard

Reaction score
hgwellz12":3oyyytqv said:
scrummymustard":3oyyytqv said:
I voted for the Bevell option, but with a caveat. He's fine until we get in the Red Zone. It was tough to watch last year.

Even with our disastrous Oline play last year, if we are just marginally better in the red zone, we lock down the #2 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

We were 25th in RZ scoring percentage with Graham and Baldwin, this team should be in the top 10 automatically. It is astounding. Warren Sharps' 2017 football preview identified a glaring problem. In 71 red zone plays run inside the 10 yard line in 2016, Graham received ONLY 4 targets. Our best weapon in the RZ, and top 5 in the entire NFL is getting only 5.6% of plays going his way inside the 10. It's criminal.

That's that bullshit man. Just reading this makes me want to skyhook a dictionary sized playbook at Bevell from the stands! :pukeface:

I mean its so bad, it really can only go up from here. right? :vodka:

Seymour

Reaction score
McDowell is 21 years old. I do not expect him to have a big impact even if healthy. Ya, he could contribute some, but odds and history on rookies says he likely will not be a game changer in year 1.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
That the team has been running on 'Might have been" fumes that last couple seasons and this one will be no different.

The players aren't buying into Pete's vibe as much and when that happens, a couple bad losses and the locker room/sideline dissension comes back stronger and more destructive than ever.

Thing are a lot more precarious than some sunny disposition fans want to admit.

The upside is that winning solves everything, at least temporarily, so just win baby win...

Seymour

Reaction score
semiahmoo":5n82vlp8 said:
That the team has been running on 'Might have been" fumes that last couple seasons and this one will be no different.

The players aren't buying into Pete's vibe as much and when that happens, a couple bad losses and the locker room/sideline dissension comes back stronger and more destructive than ever.

Thing are a lot more precarious than some sunny disposition fans want to admit.

The upside is that winning solves everything, at least temporarily, so just win baby win...

Players?
I'll give you Sherman (but note: he may have been reeled in), so what players besides that are not buying in?

Arlo

Reaction score
I actually like Walsh a lot. He had that one bad stretch but before that he was money from range. Hauschka really screwed over the fan base with his poor showing last year that ended up costing us a 2 seed in the playoffs. Oh well he moved on I like Walsh and I like Neiko Thorpe as an enforcer opposite Richard Sherman

vin.couve12

Reaction score
RW, Baldwin, Avril, Bennett, Wags, KJ, Kam, Earl, and Sherm.

They're the most concerning of all topics Hawk related.

endzorn

Reaction score
Depth. Our starters are as good as you'll find in the NFL. The thing that separated this team in 2013 and 14 was the incredible amount of depth across the board. If these last two draft classes are as good as advertised, look out.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Eddie Lacy's weight... Did he hit his goal on Tuesday?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It all comes down to our offensive line playing up to snuff. When that happens, our offense typically rolls. It's that simple. Our defense won't regress.

cymatica

Reaction score
As much as I wanted to click the Bevell option(that 5% Graham stat is disgusting, and there is absolutely NO excuse for that), I will say run game.

A good run game = more rest on D, Wilson's nasty play action game, control of tempo, squelches opposing pass rush, better playcall options, and probably more. I'm sure toxic differential goes up as the team plays more loose.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":oc2d866h said:
As much as I wanted to click the Bevell option(that 5% Graham stat is disgusting, and there is absolutely NO excuse for that), I will say run game.

A good run game = more rest on D, Wilson's nasty play action game, control of tempo, squelches opposing pass rush, better playcall options, and probably more. I'm sure toxic differential goes up as the team plays more loose.
And there's also no reason to lay that stat completely at the feet of Bev. I guess if you don't put much thought into it and are just looking for a scapegoat, that's one way to go. But it's way more complex than that.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":12z6z7w2 said:
cymatica":12z6z7w2 said:

And there's also no reason to lay that stat completely at the feet of Bev. I guess if you don't put much thought into it and are just looking for a scapegoat, that's one way to go. But it's way more complex than that.
Wrong on all counts, but you are entitled to your own opinion even as wrong as it may be. 8)

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":288usuj7 said:
Siouxhawk":288usuj7 said:
cymatica":288usuj7 said:

Wrong on all counts, but you are entitled to your own opinion even as wrong as it may be. 8)
And I'll see your wrong and go all in on you being incorrect. Just remember what the head coach of the Hawks said on this subject at the beginning of the year.

Latest posts