Bevell Sucked Tonight.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":14taxehj said:
I also didn't think much of Bevell's performance at offensive tackle.

His kick in overtime sucked too.

His game plan for Seattle's offense specifically, but nice try.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":omw3tf9y said:
Don't post that here, the defend bevell at all costs clown crowd might see it
As opposed to the "blame all our offensive woes on Bevell" clown crowd?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Aros":be40qcnq said:
theENGLISHseahawk":be40qcnq said:

Cute point you are trying to make but he still sucked.

The only 'cute' thing here is the need for you to identify a single scapegoat on a night when several different things were wrong.

I'm pretty sure Bevell didn't say to his OT's -- 'yeah just basically let them have a free run to the QB... maybe hold them a few times to put us in 1st and 20'.

But let's not have a proper discussion about the game when we can just SHOUT AT BEVELL AND ACT LIKE IT'S ALL ON HIM BECAZ HE IZ THE OC.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":16guhafv said:
Aros":16guhafv said:
theENGLISHseahawk":16guhafv said:

The only 'cute' thing here is the need for you to identify a single scapegoat on a night when several different things were wrong.

I'm pretty sure Bevell didn't say to his OT's -- 'yeah just basically let them have a free run to the QB... maybe hold them a few times to put us in 1st and 20'.

But let's not have a proper discussion about the game when we can just SHOUT AT BEVELL AND ACT LIKE IT'S ALL ON HIM BECAZ HE IZ THE OC.

Dig deeper my friend. Look at the game beyond the obvious. It's okay, you will get there eventually. We still love ya.

Hendo66

Reaction score
DB straight up sucks. No flow, rythm, creativity or ajustments.
Same ol' story.
Greatful for the tie, can't believe how inept the O is at week 7.
I realize the o line is bad but it's been bad for a while and no change.
The D cant do it all.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Could it be that Bevell and the O-line both sucked??? I am also sure he had lots less to work with because of the o-line performance. But he should have adjusted to that better. Lets erase this and move on.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Aros":26dnx9y5 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":26dnx9y5 said:
Aros":26dnx9y5 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":26dnx9y5 said:

Dig deeper my friend. Look at the game beyond the obvious. It's okay, you will get there eventually. We still love ya.

You're doing the very definition of not 'looking beyond the obvious'.

But yeah, let's have another five page Bevell thread.

That's just what the forum needed.

mrt144

Reaction score
I usually rake Bevell over the coals but tonight the amount of self sabotage by the oline itself destroyed drives by itself.

Bevell didn't look committed to anything specific but the offense was doing as poorly a job of executing as you could imagine.

Should Bevell have a gameplan for good to great D Lines? Yes. Does he have one? Doesn't seem like it.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
I'll just say this now, you can blame Bevell all you want but he is not going anywhere. And it is easy to point the finger at him, but what about the Oline? Or even RW, he didn't have a good game by any means.

cymatica

Reaction score
Difficult to excecute when the gameplan sets you up for failure.

Funny how well the players excecuted in overtime when the offense finally adjusted

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Bevell looks for a rhythm to the offense and adjusts all the time. PRichs catch for a first down early in the second half is an example. Beating the blitz in OT on the big pass play to Kearse is another.
The real reason our offense struggled is because our line regressed against a formidable defense. Pure and simple. Too many whiffs against the DE and costly penalties took the wind out of our sails. Still, we had a chance to win.

kf3339

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":3rt7nll4 said:
I'm not going to disagree, but Bevell wasn't the only one who sucked tonight. The entire offense sucked. Yes, all of them.

^ So very true. There was a lot of blame to go around for that group we call an OFFENSE (in name only).

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":101i7ccf said:
You're doing the very definition of not 'looking beyond the obvious'.

But yeah, let's have another five page Bevell thread.

That's just what the forum needed.

I'm sure YOU know just what the forum needs.

Killer clowns.

No need to reason with people who ignore the obvious, Bevell sucks.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Bevell is awesome...look how many head coaching jobs he paased up over these last few years....

12thbrah

Reaction score
It was not the play calling. The penalties we had tonight were killer. Almost every drive got killed with an ill timed holding penalty or some other BS call. Its hard to get any offense going when you are constantly staring at 1st and 20 all the time. Our offensive line is atrocious but seriously some of that crap was ticky tack.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
kf3339":1o6jo8j9 said:
Jazzhawk":1o6jo8j9 said:
I'm not going to disagree, but Bevell wasn't the only one who sucked tonight. The entire offense sucked. Yes, all of them.

^ So very true. There was a lot of blame to go around for that group we call an OFFENSE (in name only).

Somehow I think the Saints defense will be a fine tonic for the lackluster performance we saw tonight.

However, we need to find a way to execute against elite defenses if we are going to make a SB run.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1fywyg0n said:
Bevell looks for a rhythm to the offense and adjusts all the time. PRichs catch for a first down early in the second half is an example. Beating the blitz in OT on the big pass play to Kearse is another.
The real reason our offense struggled is because our line regressed against a formidable defense. Pure and simple. Too many whiffs against the DE and costly penalties took the wind out of our sails. Still, we had a chance to win.

Looks for rhythm? He must still be looking.

The fade route to Kearse was a credit to RW's throw, not his play calling. A fade route on 3rd and four is a very low percentage play call. Silly to call it in that situation.

The inside of the offensive line played well, it's our tackles where we had problems, but once again this can be countered by calling quick throws from the pocket. Which he doesn't do. It would also be wise to use Graham as a decoy to allow Baldwin to get open in the flat for easy yards.

It's a coaching problem. Coaching is about critically thinking and being able to adjust on the fly, Bevell can't.

djb28

Reaction score
Don't enough of you live in Seattle to go to the facility with torches and pitch forks? Or at least some signs?

cymatica

Reaction score
Bevell looks for a rhythm to the offense and adjusts all the time

I didn't notice any screen passes(2nd and 20 doesnt count), misdirections, crossing routes to counter blitzing. Didnt see and TE chips to help the OL until way late in the game. Didnt notice rhythm either when we finally drive at the end, only to kill any rhythm with a 1st down run to collins after shredding them with passes on the last drive, and never establishing the run. Who calls back to back screen passes on 2nd and 3rd with 20 yds to go?