Bevell Sucked Tonight.

Jville

Reaction score
djb28":38yg7ms7 said:
Don't enough of you live in Seattle to go to the facility with torches and pitch forks? Or at least some signs?
2F20142F052FSimpsons angry mob pitchfork torches
LOL

mrt144

Reaction score
cymatica":1byp7kkx said:
Bevell looks for a rhythm to the offense and adjusts all the time

I didn't notice any screen passes(2nd and 20 doesnt count), misdirections, crossing routes to counter blitzing. Didnt see and TE chips to help the OL until way late in the game. Didnt notice rhythm either when we finally drive at the end, only to kill any rhythm with a 1st down run to collins after shredding them with passes on the last drive, and never establishing the run. Who calls back to back screen passes on 2nd and 3rd with 20 yds to go?

The lack of inline TE blocking against an obviously outmatched OT tandem is ridiculous.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":31vl7ug5 said:
Siouxhawk":31vl7ug5 said:
Bevell looks for a rhythm to the offense and adjusts all the time. PRichs catch for a first down early in the second half is an example. Beating the blitz in OT on the big pass play to Kearse is another.
The real reason our offense struggled is because our line regressed against a formidable defense. Pure and simple. Too many whiffs against the DE and costly penalties took the wind out of our sails. Still, we had a chance to win.

Looks for rhythm? He must still be looking.

The fade route to Kearse was a credit to RW's throw, not his play calling. A fade route on 3rd and four is a very low percentage play call. Silly to call it in that situation.

The inside of the offensive line played well, it's our tackles where we had problems, but once again this can be countered by calling quick throws from the pocket. Which he doesn't do. It would also be wise to use Graham as a decoy to allow Baldwin to get open in the flat for easy yards.

It's a coaching problem. Coaching is about critically thinking and being able to adjust on the fly, Bevell can't.
I disagree. The long pass to Kearse down the left sideline was a great situational play call.
The rhythm was found in overtime and should have amounted to a win.
It's no secret that our coaching staff is trying to keep Russ out of harm's way and want him operating in the pocket. That requires good protection from our line. But they didn't have it Sunday and that was a problem.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
cymatica":2bll7v67 said:
Bevell looks for a rhythm to the offense and adjusts all the time

I didn't notice any screen passes(2nd and 20 doesnt count), misdirections, crossing routes to counter blitzing. Didnt see and TE chips to help the OL until way late in the game. Didnt notice rhythm either when we finally drive at the end, only to kill any rhythm with a 1st down run to collins after shredding them with passes on the last drive, and never establishing the run. Who calls back to back screen passes on 2nd and 3rd with 20 yds to go?

Lol among about 10 other plays that you didn't even mention.

Some rhythm, he's must be marching to the beat of his own drum.

cymatica

Reaction score
Again, why not help the o-line with TE or RB chipping the ends. Didnt see that all game. Thats on coaching to recognize that

nash72

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1fycbbjm said:
Bevell is awesome...look how many head coaching jobs he paased up over these last few years....

Truth

Hendo66

Reaction score
This has been going on for so long, it's obvious what's up.
With this D it shouldn't be so hard.....

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2nppbw6h said:
NFSeahawks628":2nppbw6h said:
Siouxhawk":2nppbw6h said:
Bevell looks for a rhythm to the offense and adjusts all the time. PRichs catch for a first down early in the second half is an example. Beating the blitz in OT on the big pass play to Kearse is another.
The real reason our offense struggled is because our line regressed against a formidable defense. Pure and simple. Too many whiffs against the DE and costly penalties took the wind out of our sails. Still, we had a chance to win.

Looks for rhythm? He must still be looking.

The fade route to Kearse was a credit to RW's throw, not his play calling. A fade route on 3rd and four is a very low percentage play call. Silly to call it in that situation.

The inside of the offensive line played well, it's our tackles where we had problems, but once again this can be countered by calling quick throws from the pocket. Which he doesn't do. It would also be wise to use Graham as a decoy to allow Baldwin to get open in the flat for easy yards.

It's a coaching problem. Coaching is about critically thinking and being able to adjust on the fly, Bevell can't.
I disagree. The long pass to Kearse down the left sideline was a great situational play call.
The rhythm was found in overtime and should have amounted to a win.
It's no secret that our coaching staff is trying to keep Russ out of harm's way and want him operating in the pocket. That requires good protection from our line. But they didn't have it Sunday and that was a problem.

You are free to disagree but a 20 yard pass play down the sidelines in a tight window is a much lower percentage than a screen or a slant for a quick 5 yards that involves the whole field.

If the coaching staff wanted to keep Russ our of harm's way he wouldn't have run for 600 yards his first four years in the league. The reason he is staying in the pocket is directly related to his injury specifically, the knee brace which makes it harder on him to run to the outside and pick up those easy yards he used to get in years past. Not only is the knee brace slowing him down but it's also probably slightly Russell Wilsons makeup to be more careful with an injury, which I don't blame him for.

One could talk for days about how ignoring the offensive line for so long has gotten us to this point. I think PC (hopefully) is realizing how necessary it is to have a competent offensive line. I think Pete's makeup is you can plug and play people in all positions EXCEPT offensive line, as we've seen Sowell be a turnstile all year.

That being said I don't think that was a huge problem in this game as we only gave up one sack. I do think the edge pressure is hard on him though.

One thing that I've pointed out about Bevell is his play calls that go before the yard to gain, so if we have a 2nd and 9 he will run a pass play that will look for 7 yards with defenders close by. Sometimes it's situational but it's even more obvious on 3rd downs when we get a completion and are still short of the yard to gain. It's infuriating. His situational awareness seems to be lacking severely at times. Just call a play that will get the yardage you need, I feel like we are the only team that does this too.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
cymatica":1kxm43vx said:
Again, why not help the o-line with TE or RB chipping the ends. Didnt see that all game. Thats on coaching to recognize that

Another GREAT question.

Thank you and welcome to .net. Always good to get new posters that share good content. :2thumbs:

randomation

Reaction score
Bevell sucks period there is a reason that the only time the hawks do shit on O against good teams is when Russ gets the freedom to go full on playground ball at the end of halfs and games.

Threedee

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":knrwaz6z said:
Aros":knrwaz6z said:
theENGLISHseahawk":knrwaz6z said:
I also didn't think much of Bevell's performance at offensive tackle.

His kick in overtime sucked too.

Cute point you are trying to make but he still sucked.

The only 'cute' thing here is the need for you to identify a single scapegoat on a night when several different things were wrong.

I'm pretty sure Bevell didn't say to his OT's -- 'yeah just basically let them have a free run to the QB... maybe hold them a few times to put us in 1st and 20'.

But let's not have a proper discussion about the game when we can just SHOUT AT BEVELL AND ACT LIKE IT'S ALL ON HIM BECAZ HE IZ THE OC.
Actually, that's pretty much what I imagine Bevell saying.

mrt144

Reaction score
Threedee":1nljjbbl said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1nljjbbl said:
Aros":1nljjbbl said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1nljjbbl said:
I also didn't think much of Bevell's performance at offensive tackle.

His kick in overtime sucked too.

Cute point you are trying to make but he still sucked.

The only 'cute' thing here is the need for you to identify a single scapegoat on a night when several different things were wrong.

I'm pretty sure Bevell didn't say to his OT's -- 'yeah just basically let them have a free run to the QB... maybe hold them a few times to put us in 1st and 20'.

But let's not have a proper discussion about the game when we can just SHOUT AT BEVELL AND ACT LIKE IT'S ALL ON HIM BECAZ HE IZ THE OC.
Actually, that's pretty much what I imagine Bevell saying.

What could Bevell do to show that 18.5 ppg isn't everyone elses but his fault?

Fade

Reaction score
In 16 games with the Seahawks Jimmy Graham has 1 red zone touchdown. 2 other longer receiving TDs. So 3 TDs total.

The best red zone weapon in the game. 1 TD in the red zone in 16 games. Exposed. He also got that TD his first game so... Jimmy has been shutout in the red zone for 15 straight games. If you don't think the OC has had a major impact on this streak I don't know what to say at this point.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":qqbe9sjz said:
Could it be that Bevell and the O-line both sucked??? I am also sure he had lots less to work with because of the o-line performance. But he should have adjusted to that better. Lets erase this and move on.
Yes both sucked, and we can throw Cable into that category as well.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Fade":34b32pgd said:
In 16 games with the Seahawks Jimmy Graham has 1 red zone touchdown. 2 other longer receiving TDs. So 3 TDs total.

The best red zone weapon in the game. 1 TD in the red zone in 16 games. Exposed. He also got that TD his first game so... Jimmy has been shutout in the red zone for 15 straight games. If you don't think the OC has had a major impact on this streak I don't know what to say at this point.
Excellent point.

justafan

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":t7vl26z6 said:
cymatica":t7vl26z6 said:

Another GREAT question.

Thank you and welcome to .net. Always good to get new posters that share good content. :2thumbs:

People would blame Bevell for asking Jimmy to block.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
justafan":3gwjyog6 said:
NFSeahawks628":3gwjyog6 said:
cymatica":3gwjyog6 said:

Another GREAT question.

People would blame Bevell for asking Jimmy to block.
Chipping is not the same as staying in to block.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Jimmy was pretty good in OT. The only thing that kept him out of the end one was us shutting down the offense and playing for the fg. Russell was pretty good the whole game he just didn't have much to work with.

hawker84

Reaction score
I don't know who sucked or was it everything on offense as a whole. What I do know is I don't care who's calling the plays, if you can't block for more the 2 seconds, and every positive play get's called back for a holding penalty, you're not going to have a very productive day moving the ball.

This O line needs addressed, now more than ever with Sowell going down. But in General Aros, I agree. Bevell sucks, and so does the O line. I was really disappointed they didn't do better at making adjustments after the half.