Biggest threat to the Seahawks winning another Lombardi

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'd say it would be if the Seahawks got ahead of themselves too much, kind of like if they made a thread asking what their biggest threat to winning another Lombardi would be.

Largent80

Reaction score
Seahawk board. = INJURIES not (injury). It's going to take a LOT of injuries to keep us from hoisting the V.L.T.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
kidhawk":3tmvu5qs said:
ptisme":3tmvu5qs said:
peachesenregalia":3tmvu5qs said:
PackerNation":3tmvu5qs said:
The Green Bay Packers.

julius-peppers-rush-on-russell-wilson-nfc-championship.gif

Another NFCCG. This time at Lambeau and we will play a full 60 minute game.

I look at the NFC like this:

#1 Seattle (Reigning NFC Champs)
#2 Green Bay Packers (Best team in the NFL)
#3 A bunch of teams with men.
#4 The Chicago Bears

It's really a 2 horse race that will come down to injuries and who is playing better at the end of the year. Green Bay needs to win the regular season match up at home vs. Seattle to send a message and get over that awful slump we are in.

Seattle needs to show up, play defense and get Graham working in the Red Zone all year. They should win the division without to many issues.

Green Bay 13-3
Seattle 12-4

It should prove to be another great season with the two best teams in the NFL duking it out once again. I really hope both teams come into the Championship relatively healthy and it proves to be another epic contest.

LOL

No.
I will bump this for you after the game at Lambeau...

No matter the outcome?
It's getting bumped after the Wayne Larrivee dagger....

kearly

Reaction score
The schedule itself is the biggest threat. I think last years team would have gone 10-6 or 11-5 with the 2015 schedule. It's not that Seattle isn't used to tough SoS, but they usually get the benefit of playing the toughest opponents at home. In 2015, almost all of the toughest opponents will be road games, including Green Bay.

Injuries always matter, but they matter less for Seattle than any other team. The Seahawks have the deepest roster in the league and it's not close. In 2013 and 2014, the Seahawks suffered a rash of injuries and still made it to the SB as a #1 seed both times.

In terms of individual teams standing in our way, I guess I'd have to say Green Bay only because there is a very good chance Seattle will face them in Green Bay twice this year. Dallas makes me a bit nervous too, even with the loss of Murray they will still be a physical team. There's a good chance Seattle might have to go to Dallas twice too.

On the AFC side, I think Indy is a paper tiger in many respects, but they also happen to be strongest where Seattle is most vulnerable. The Colts are the best team in the NFL at sending four WRs deep and blowing up a cover 3 defense. I will root like hell for them to be eliminated before they reach the SB. Baltimore is another team that would give Seattle a very tough fight in the SB. The Steelers have enough explosiveness to hang around.

drdiags

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2pxmyffd said:
I'd say it would be if the Seahawks got ahead of themselves too much, kind of like if they made a thread asking what their biggest threat to winning another Lombardi would be.

Just in case you weren't aware, the OP is a Packers fan. But if he didn't I am sure someone else would have created a similar one just because what else you gonna do until the games start?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
drdiags":3hz1yhku said:
Siouxhawk":3hz1yhku said:

Just in case you weren't aware, the OP is a Packers fan. But if he didn't I am sure someone else would have created a similar one just because what else you gonna do until the games start?
Haha, I realize that, and although my response was said somewhat in jest, it actually holds a grain of truth in that players and coaches always give the one-game-at-a-time answer when fielding a question such as this. So to not get too far ahead of themselves, I'm sure the Hawks would say they're only thinking about the Rams.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":36gdhhc3 said:
drdiags":36gdhhc3 said:
Siouxhawk":36gdhhc3 said:

Haha, I realize that, and although my response was said somewhat in jest, it actually holds a grain of truth in that players and coaches always give the one-game-at-a-time answer when fielding a question such as this. So to not get too far ahead of themselves, I'm sure the Hawks would say they're only thinking about the Rams.
Fan hubris has not one bit of correlation with a team being overconfident. Cautioning fans to slow their roll because that attitude is bad for a team is just weird.

SeaChase

Reaction score
A Lack of D-Line pressure combined with a rusty or hobbled secondary.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
kearly":2enza261 said:
Injuries always matter, but they matter less for Seattle than any other team. The Seahawks have the deepest roster in the league and it's not close.
No,that can't be right Kip. Last year, ALL the talking heads and opposing fans told us that the cap was going to start kicking in and we were going to start losing depth.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":gaypwv4j said:
drdiags":gaypwv4j said:
Siouxhawk":gaypwv4j said:

Fans can get away with this talk though and it's a bit of a dead time before training camp starts....

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":3j7yztu9 said:
kearly":3j7yztu9 said:
Injuries always matter, but they matter less for Seattle than any other team. The Seahawks have the deepest roster in the league and it's not close.
No,that can't be right Kip. Last year, ALL the talking heads and opposing fans told us that the cap was going to start kicking in and we were going to start losing depth.
Astute fans from "opposing teams" like myself knew you'd be able to keep this whole thing together at least through this year.... The rest were wishful thinking...

seedhawk

Reaction score
Laugh if you wish, but, I think the Aint's might be our biggest problem. They traded away Graham, picked up Unger for their line. But, trading Graham will force Peyton and Brees to do something different now. Sometimes the "security blanket" just winds up covering your eyes.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'd have to say Packers first and foremost because they're usually in the NFCCG or close to it. They also have an easier division to win, and everything points to them winning it again this year. I have a feeling Minny will give them a minor run and Detroit will fall back.

Next up is injuries. We're a deep team, but there are a handful of injuries we can't withstand, stuff like Wilson, Thomas and probably Sherm and Lynch.

After that, it's Panthers. I say this because typically when we play them, we win but by less than a TD....usually 3-4 points. That's a thin margin to keep pulling out, and if the ball bounces the wrong way, we could lose that game.

Next up is Dallas. They have the confidence of beating us up here, and they look pretty good again. They're actually making shrewd personnel moves, although RB could cost them against us. Not against a lot of other teams, but against us. We missed Wagner in that game last year, and the Boys don't play that great at home, so if we have Wagner this year and their RBs aren't as good as last year's, there's your margin of victory.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the Rams after this. The popular pick is the Cards, but we match up very well against them. They barely beat us up here one year, barely beat us down there Wilson's rookie year, and after that we've pretty much boat raced them. The Rams, on the other hand, have almost always been close games. We've beaten then solidly up here a few times, but it's usually not out of control.

THe Cards' defense is going to take a step back. They have to replace Cromartie, their great DC, count on Palmer to stay healthy, and hope their defense stays the same. Problem is, they've lost more than they've gained on that side of the ball.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Keeping a wary eye on Fisher's special team shenanigans in the opener. Let's not fall into that trap again and stumble out of the gates. We get that division matchup right away on the road and it sets a good tone for the year.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Not sure why people mention the Rams.

Did some people forget Jeff Fisher is still their Head Coach?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I feel really confident we are the best team by far right now. Only injuries to key players would set us back. Especially RW, Lynch and LOB

Fade

Reaction score
The Packers but...... I take solace in knowing they still have no answer for the Hawks running game.
My worry going into the off season about GB would be they upgraded ILB & DT, to shore that weakness up.

They drafted ILB Jake Ryan with pick 129.
Retained guys like Raji & Guion, but no significant moves were made to improve DT.

Jake Ryan, and/or a guy coming out of nowhere is their only hope improving the run D.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ptisme":7wpsqexb said:
SalishHawkFan":7wpsqexb said:
kearly":7wpsqexb said:
Astute fans from "opposing teams" like myself knew you'd be able to keep this whole thing together at least through this year.... The rest were wishful thinking...

I agree. I feel that one or 2 more years if they do a serious rotation in the ball games makes a difference. By that I mean to rotate bench personnel in all the time so they get reps and can showcase that they are worth keeping the following year. Rotation is huge in the CAP era. I am sure the core group is also thinking that they are expendable at some point in time. To keep their edge, they need to train the replacements up to speed too.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Fade":4qdzf98q said:
The Packers but...... I take solace in knowing they still have no answer for the Hawks running game.
My worry going into the off season about GB would be they upgraded ILB & DT, to shore that weakness up.

They drafted ILB Jake Ryan with pick 129.
Retained guys like Raji & Guion, but no significant moves were made to improve DT.

Jake Ryan, and/or a guy coming out of nowhere is their only hope improving the run D.
The run defense isnt what costed the Packers the last game we played you. The packers are what costed the Packers that game.
The inside linebackers this year will be Clay Matthews and Sam Barrington. That will be one of the better inside linebacker duos in the league. We are also set at defensive tackle with Raji and Guion. Raji was tearing up training camp last year when he tore his biceps. Reports are he wants a big contract and is playing in the best shape of his life. Guion was very good last year and was set to get paid this off season when he got busted for pot. Both of them are playing on one year deals so they will be very motivated