Biggest threat to the Seahawks winning another Lombardi

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":34z8n9h2 said:
You may be right. Your biggest threat may be overconfidence and complacency. I doubt Pete Carroll would allow the Seahawk players to be as confident as the fans on this board seem to be. If they are, they may find themselves running into a buzz saw at Lambeau Field.
You have it right.

1. The players aren't overconfident that's our job.

2. Pete won't let it happen, heck he didn't last year.

3. You guys still haven't fixed your run defense, overall team speed, or dumped Capers.

4. We have "I'm Jimmy"

Methinks the buzzsaw is coming your direction, not ours.
Ps. Nobody come into Lambeau with their own buzz saw:)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ptisme":29ah4mv6 said:
MizzouHawkGal":29ah4mv6 said:
You may be right. Your biggest threat may be overconfidence and complacency. I doubt Pete Carroll would allow the Seahawk players to be as confident as the fans on this board seem to be. If they are, they may find themselves running into a buzz saw at Lambeau Field.
You have it right.

3. You guys still haven't fixed your run defense, overall team speed, or dumped Capers.

4. We have "I'm Jimmy"

Your team will be great. If you think Green Bay's problem is team speed or run defense you haven't been paying attention to them lately.
As they say here....."Show me". Unless you've totally revamped the defense from the ground up with a huge philosophical change call me a skeptical.

You still have Capers right? If so, I guess that philosophical shift will have to wait. And if you think your team's biggest issue combined with an old and tired defensive philosophy isn't your real problem. I give you exhibit number one. Keapernick owning you like a pet dog.

Quite simply, your team is soft by NFCW standards and last year proved it in spades. We had no business winning that game yet everyone knew we would no matter what needed to happen. We're just better, bigger, faster, harder and more pissed then your team.

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2etczcra said:
ClutchDJ":2etczcra said:
Not sure why people mention the Rams.

Did some people forget Jeff Fisher is still their Head Coach?

That's why the hawks have swept them three years in a row now right? /sarcasm

You can also say they have regressed record-wise the past few years.

/nonsarcasm

SeaChase

Reaction score
Largent80":12rgna9j said:
SeaChase":12rgna9j said:
A Lack of D-Line pressure combined with a rusty or hobbled secondary.

Hahahha. I got it.

Say what? D-line is definitely a concern as well as all of the injuries in the secondary. The D-line is inconsistent with applying pressure and stopping the run at times.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":dou71taf said:
ptisme":dou71taf said:
MizzouHawkGal":dou71taf said:
You have it right.

4. We have "I'm Jimmy"

Your team will be great. If you think Green Bay's problem is team speed or run defense you haven't been paying attention to them lately.
As they say here....."Show me". Unless you've totally revamped the defense from the ground up with a huge philosophical change call me a skeptical.

You still have Capers right? If so, I guess that philosophical shift will have to wait. And if you think your team's biggest issue combined with an old and tired defensive philosophy isn't your real problem. I give you exhibit number one. Keapernick owning you like a pet dog.

Quite simply, your team is soft by NFCW standards and last year proved it in spades. We had no business winning that game yet everyone knew we would no matter what needed to happen. We're just better, bigger, faster, harder and more pissed then your team.
Lol right. We haven't played SFO since when? Brad Jones and AJ hawk have been replaced by Sam Barrington and a guy named Clay. DT is being manned by Raji and Guion. We're in good shape defensively to go with an extremely stacked offense. Also, softness is no longer an issue IMHO

hawknation2015

Reaction score
SeaChase":1diezmo3 said:
Largent80":1diezmo3 said:
SeaChase":1diezmo3 said:

Hahahha. I got it.

Say what? D-line is definitely a concern as well as all of the injuries in the secondary. The D-line is inconsistent with applying pressure and stopping the run at times.

At this point, there are only three remaining injuries in the secondary -- with more than three months to go until the opening game. Sherman and Chancellor appear to be fully healed and have been full-go in OTAs. Thomas has participated in certain walk throughs, and it appears he will be ready to participate by training camp. Simon had a similar surgery, and it appears that he too will be ready for training camp.

It looks like Lane is going to be out for a while, meaning Thurmond, Burley, Shead, and Smith will have to pick up the slack at nickel corner. The secondary should be in pretty good shape by training camp.

DL returns pretty much everyone, except for Williams, who filled in admirably at NT but wasn't really adding any pressure. There are no notable injuries at DL either, as Mebane appears to be ready to go for training camp, and Hill/Marsh are already full-go. The loss of Williams will be replaced by a healthy Mebane and the additions of Rubin/Clark.

Fade

Reaction score
ptisme":lsfok63s said:
Fade":lsfok63s said:
The Packers but...... I take solace in knowing they still have no answer for the Hawks running game.
My worry going into the off season about GB would be they upgraded ILB & DT, to shore that weakness up.

They drafted ILB Jake Ryan with pick 129.
Retained guys like Raji & Guion, but no significant moves were made to improve DT.

Jake Ryan, and/or a guy coming out of nowhere is their only hope improving the run D.
The run defense isnt what costed the Packers the last game we played you. The packers are what costed the Packers that game.
The inside linebackers this year will be Clay Matthews and Sam Barrington. That will be one of the better inside linebacker duos in the league. We are also set at defensive tackle with Raji and Guion. Raji was tearing up training camp last year when he tore his biceps. Reports are he wants a big contract and is playing in the best shape of his life. Guion was very good last year and was set to get paid this off season when he got busted for pot. Both of them are playing on one year deals so they will be very motivated

So you're banking on the Pack getting 5 Turnovers a game against the Hawks every time they play from here on out? LOL
What did the Pack do with those 5 TO's? 16 points. ROFL.

If the Pack can't stop Seattle's run game, they can't win. Even with 5 turnovers.

*Edit* Seattle played the NFCCG without Mebane (better than Raji.) And DT Jordan Hill best interior rusher outside of Mike B on the team. I can play that game too.

P.S. How did Clay Mattews look at ILB stopping Seattlle's running game in the NFCCG? 194 yards. LOL

..So again I take solace in the fact GB has no answer to Seattle's run game.

SeaChase

Reaction score
hawknation2015":34i4y40t said:
SeaChase":34i4y40t said:
Largent80":34i4y40t said:
SeaChase":34i4y40t said:

Hahahha. I got it.

At this point, there are only three remaining injuries in the secondary -- with more than three months to go until the opening game. Sherman and Chancellor appear to be fully healed and have been full-go in OTAs. Thomas has participated in certain walk throughs, and it appears he will be ready to participate by training camp. Simon had a similar surgery, and it appears that he too will be ready for training camp.

It looks like Lane is going to be out for a while, meaning Thurmond, Burley, Shead, and Smith will have to pick up the slack at nickel corner. The secondary should be in pretty good shape by training camp.

DL returns pretty much everyone, except for Williams, who filled in admirably at NT but wasn't really adding any pressure. There are no notable injuries at DL either, as Mebane appears to be ready to go for training camp, and Hill/Marsh are already full-go. The loss of Williams will be replaced by a healthy Mebane and the additions of Rubin/Clark.

The D-line is still a concern. There needs to be a better pass rush. I realize that there is often only a 4 man rush, but something there needs to improve.

The secondary has some unknowns and concerns for sure.

These issues are more of a concern than naming some outside element at the moment.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Fade":21kfq1lo said:
ptisme":21kfq1lo said:
Fade":21kfq1lo said:
The Packers but...... I take solace in knowing they still have no answer for the Hawks running game.
My worry going into the off season about GB would be they upgraded ILB & DT, to shore that weakness up.

Retained guys like Raji & Guion, but no significant moves were made to improve DT.

Jake Ryan, and/or a guy coming out of nowhere is their only hope improving the run D.
The run defense isnt what costed the Packers the last game we played you. The packers are what costed the Packers that game.
The inside linebackers this year will be Clay Matthews and Sam Barrington. That will be one of the better inside linebacker duos in the league. We are also set at defensive tackle with Raji and Guion. Raji was tearing up training camp last year when he tore his biceps. Reports are he wants a big contract and is playing in the best shape of his life. Guion was very good last year and was set to get paid this off season when he got busted for pot. Both of them are playing on one year deals so they will be very motivated

So you're banking on the Pack getting 5 Turnovers a game against the Hawks every time they play from here on out? LOL

If the Pack can't stop Seattle's run game, they can't win. Even with 5 turnovers.

*Edit* Seattle played the NFCCG without Mebane (better than Raji.) And DT Jordan Hill best interior rusher outside of Mike B on the team. I can play that game too.

P.S. How did Clay Mattews look at ILB stopping Seattlle's running game in the NFCCG? 194 yards. LOL

You're right... You got this no problem...

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Jerhawk":300foxor said:
I'd go with the Cowboys.

Honestly, I'd pick them as having the best shot to knock us out in a playoff match up.
Not if they count on McFadden. Otherwise we'll see way before any playoff game against us if they got the juice to hang with us. When it counts I'd bet money on Wilson way before I would on Romo.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ptisme":3r1enfrk said:
peachesenregalia":3r1enfrk said:
PackerNation":3r1enfrk said:
The Green Bay Packers.

julius-peppers-rush-on-russell-wilson-nfc-championship.gif

Another NFCCG. This time at Lambeau and we will play a full 60 minute game.

I look at the NFC like this:

#1 Seattle (Reigning NFC Champs)
#2 Green Bay Packers (Best team in the NFL)
#3 A bunch of teams with men.
#4 The Chicago Bears

It's really a 2 horse race that will come down to injuries and who is playing better at the end of the year. Green Bay needs to win the regular season match up at home vs. Seattle to send a message and get over that awful slump we are in.

Seattle needs to show up, play defense and get Graham working in the Red Zone all year. They should win the division without to many issues.

Green Bay 13-3
Seattle 12-4

It should prove to be another great season with the two best teams in the NFL duking it out once again. I really hope both teams come into the Championship relatively healthy and it proves to be another epic contest.

LOL

No.
I will bump this for you after the game at Lambeau...

I doubt you'll do it within a week after the loss the Packers suffer...

rideaducati

Reaction score
ptisme":36igtqm7 said:
Fade":36igtqm7 said:
ptisme":36igtqm7 said:
Fade":36igtqm7 said:

We know. What took you so long to figure this out?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ptisme":2j9jvrjy said:
Fade":2j9jvrjy said:
ptisme":2j9jvrjy said:
Fade":2j9jvrjy said:

I'm impressed that you accept the truth. Fact is until you fire Capers you will have no answer for us and will play defense soft. You just don't have the attitude, grit, or talent on that side of the ball to handle quarterbacks that run or offenses that have superior speed at all positions.

Fade

Reaction score
ptisme":2wxlk3rr said:
Fade":2wxlk3rr said:
ptisme":2wxlk3rr said:
Fade":2wxlk3rr said:

Seattle Beat GB in the NFCCG in:
Scoreboard
Yards
Yards per play
Yards passing
Yards rushing
1st Downs
3rd Down % (very telling Seattle 8-16, GB 3-14)
4th Down %
Redzone!? (this can't be right lol)
Defense (All Numbers inverse)
Special Teams
Penalty Yards

GB Beat Seatte in the NFCCG in:
Turnovers
and Time Of Possesion by :50

I'm just trying to find what metrics you're looking at that shows Green Bay is the better team. Outside of 5 turnovers which you can't bank on.

The only scenario I see the Pack winning without stopping the run. Is Rodgers having one of THOSE games the MVP is capable of. I will tip my cap and shrug it off..nothing you can do there. Kind of like the 5 turnover game... nothing you can do there.. but thankfully the Hawks pulled it out.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Fade":1emozc9g said:
I'm just trying to find what metrics you're looking at that shows Green Bay is the better team. Outside of 5 turnovers which you can't bank on.

The only scenario I see the Pack winning without stopping the run. Is Rodgers having one of THOSE games the MVP is capable of. I will tip my cap and shrug it off..nothing you can do there. Kind of like the 5 turnover game... nothing you can do there.. but thankfully the Hawks pulled it out.

I'll try this again...

Until somebody beats them in the playoffs the best team in the NFC is the reigning NFC champions. Seattle has a great team has only gotten better in the off-season.

But the point of this thread wasn't to say who has a better team than Seattle. It was to ask which team was the biggest threat to them winning another championship. And I would point out that not once did myself or the other Packer fan bash your team. Seems a bit fickle that you need to do this yourself on this thread

Fade

Reaction score
ptisme":26vhen2f said:
Fade":26vhen2f said:

Until somebody beats them in the playoffs the best team in the NFC is the reigning NFC champions. Seattle has a great team has only gotten better in the off-season.

But the point of this thread wasn't to say who has a better team than Seattle. It was to ask which team was the biggest threat to them winning another championship. And I would point out that not once did myself or the other Packer fan bash your team. Seems a bit fickle that you need to do this yourself on this thread

And you began spinning yarns about how the Packers were the better team (AKA they beat themselves).

Nice straw man though.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Fade":3rii1429 said:
ptisme":3rii1429 said:
Fade":3rii1429 said:

And you began spinning yarns about how the Packers were the better team (AKA they beat themselves).

Nice straw man though.
They did best themselves. Didn't you watch the last five minutes? And until they beat the Seahawks the Seahawks are the better team.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The NFL is great because you can talk up any team in June. There is a huge amount of turnover from year to year and there will be a team we are all picking to make the playoffs that sucks this year and one that makes the playoffs out of nowhere.

Maybe the '15 Packers will be really good, but it's silly to think there aren't still question marks around them on defense. The secondary is inexperienced, Peppers is 35 and Raji is 5 years away from his best season, it's not obvious to me that Mathews is going to excel as a middle linebacker, and the front seven as a unit is relying on a lot of unproven players for depth. Yes, you can see the potential for a good season if you are wearing rose colored glasses but you can also see a train wreck if things don't click together like Packers fans expect.

The Cowboys are probably the most interesting to me as they look to answer the question about whether the RB is important in the modern NFL or whether they just thrive behind good run blocking. Part of me would love to see RunDMC pick up 2000 yards while Murray is crashing in Philadelphia.

Personally, I think the Panthers are due for a bit of a bounce back this season. Cam actually put together four very good efficient games of football last season coming off his cracked ribs when they kept him in the pocket. He regressed when he got healthier and they started him utilizing him more as a dual threat, but I think they'll look at that this off-season and learn some lessons.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
The 2nd best team in the NFL? I'll go with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Antonio Brown is unstoppable.

Since the OP is a Packers fan and the topic seems intended as a leading question, I'll say that no matter the outcome of the game in GBay, I would caution that the Packers need to be more concerned about winning their division this year before setting their sites on the mighty, reigning Seahawks. There's a couple of teams in the NFC North that have a shot to unseat the Packers. I'm not crowning anyone in that division just like I'm not crowning the Seahawks in the NFC West.

I thought it was insightful of one poster to mention the Rams. While they may not yet contend for the division, they're a threat to the Seahawks in various ways. The divisional games this year (as every year) are critical. The Strength of Schedule is a great point (Kearly), and the NFC West games are part of that - making it even more critical to take of business in the division first and foremost. I love that answer that Pete Carroll gives when asked if the Super Bowl is always the goal. He answers, "The first goal is to own the NFC West."

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Well, I did make it clear that our worst enemy will be ourselves. Uninfortunately the Patriots already gave us our wake up call for being arrogant and stupid.

We're mad now just like Atlanta but better and deeper than 2012. And like Pete said, the only goal the Seahawks actually have each year is to own the NFCW because we get to play at home. Simple as that.

Latest posts