Biggest threat to the Seahawks winning another Lombardi

SeaChase

Reaction score
Who cares about the Packers they suck. The biggest obstacle resides within the team itself. Injuries, chemistry, and other outside distractions are the biggest threat at this moment.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ptisme":12y57ejd said:
Fade":12y57ejd said:
PackerNation":12y57ejd said:
You can't play the --> Packers beat the Packers CARD

Why? You guys do. You play it for the lost Super Bowl (both lost Super Bowls) and you play that card for the upcoming season stating that no team is a real threat, just your own team not playing well.

I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU if the Packers had dominated in most stats. But came up short on the score board.

Seattle Beat GB in the NFCCG in:
Scoreboard
Yards
Yards per play
Yards passing
Yards rushing
1st Downs
3rd Down % (very telling Seattle 8-16, GB 3-14)
4th Down %
Redzone!? (this can't be right lol)
Defense (All Numbers inverse)
Special Teams
Penalty Yards

GB Beat Seatte in the NFCCG in:
Turnovers
and Time Of Possesion by :50 sec

WHO OUT PLAYED WHO? According to you it was the Packers. they just beat themselves. :roll:

Green Bay dominated almost every category up until the last 5-10 min. of football when our team quit. Honestly, we just stopped playing football and made a tremendous amount of foolish mistakes. Those guys have been cut from the team. We dominated 50-55 minutes of football with a QB who was about 50%, at best.

The delicious irony is the Hawks beat the Hawks, they gave it away 5 times, but they overcame it.

See, you just played the "we beat ourselves card" instead of giving credit to the other team. How ironic.

Seattle hung in there and played a great OT and put the game away when given the chance. It is something Seattle has been known for since the arrival of Pete Carroll. But they never would have had the chance if Green Bay had not quit. We gave that game away. Especially our pathetic Special Teams and that bonehead Bostic.

The Packers are actually better than that due to Clay Matthews switching to ILB mid season. I think they were 12th ish? The rest of the season after they made that Key Switch.

It didn't help them in the NFCCG though when they surrendered 194 rushing yards to the Hawks.

*edit* I can't find the exact stats when Clay made the switch inside but it did improve.

Here is an interesting Q & A though. The 1st Question confirming my original thoughts in this thread.
http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Packers-QA-The-Jury-Is-Still-Out-on-Run-Defense-37498926

It was week 9 against the Bears as I recall. Right after the bye week. Green Bays run defense was soft for several reasons before the switch. Namely, Capers loves to play a lot Nickel (Big Nickel), our DT's with the exception of Daniels played poorly (Guion missed all of camp and got off to a very slow start. Raji suffered a season ending injury and Boyd and Pennell are pretty raw.) and our ILB's were atrocious. Hawk and Jones were terrible all year, Lattimore got hurt and Barrington was a 7th round pick and green as grass. The fix was to move Clay into the middle and pair him up Barrington who is a bit slow at times but plays the run very well.

In the game against Seattle (NFCCG), the usual suspects were terrible (Hawk, Jones, even Guion) and Seattle did a lot of damage at the end of the game when Clay was out with an injury. I expect Lynch to have a great game against us because he is tough to bring down and our corners are not known to be physical. In other words, Lynch loves to run against teams like Green Bay. Lynch is the best RB in the NFL for a reason.

With that said, the Packers have been playing against Adrian Peterson twice a year for a long time and while he has a good amount of success against us, we still routinely thrash them. They have only beaten us once out of the last 11 meetings. This season, they are no threat and nor are the Bears or the Lions. We'll run over them and win another NFC North title.

Yeah PackerNation. How are the Packers the best team in the NFL?

I like the guys on our roster better than any team in the NFL. Our offense is going to be very solid again this year. We have the reigning MVP (2 time MVP), our OL is still intact and is great at pass blocking but suspect in the run game. Lacy is a great RB and we have the best trio of WR's in the NFL in Nelson, Cobb and Adams. Janis will challenge for the 4th spot and the new WR Montgomery will lead the PR/KR game.

The dead weight of Hawk, B. Jones and Bostic is gone and while we lost T. Williams and house, we have 2 pretty good rookies that can step up and Hayward can switch from slot outside CB. Our ILB's will be much improved with Barrington and CM3 in the middle and Peppers still looks fantastic in OTA's. Elliot and Perry will both see action at OLB and I think could be primed for a decent year. Raji could be the best addition and he is back at NT where he has had his best success.

Overall, I think we will win 12-13 games and win the Super Bowl this year. I think we have the best team in the NFL and had it last year if we didn't have that critical injury to Rodgers and the impending implosion as we were packing for the Super Bowl instead of finishing out the NFCCG.

You asked my opinion and I gave it to you.

I think Seattle has an excellent team but far from unbeatable. Your defense should still be in the top 3, if not #1 overall again and I like the addition of Jimmy Graham at TE. Wilson should be solid but the OL took a step backwards when Unger left. Your WR's will have a new addition but he is a rookie and who knows how well he will learn and adapt to the playbook this year. He might be great or he might need a few years of seasoning.

I don't like the depth on Seattle when it comes to replacing your starting defenders or lineman. A key injury and your season could be over. You lose Wilson, you will lose about 8-10 games especially if it is early in the season.

Seattle is easily a top 3 team in the NFL if not #1. It will not surprise me if they make it back to the Super Bowl this year. I still think Green Bay is the team to beat but we have not even made it to training camp yet and as we all know, a lot can happen in the course of a season.

:34853_doh:
There is so much wrong in this post I don't even know where to start.

I just want to know how the Packers can be the best team in the NFL when they can't stop Seattle's run game.
And can only score 16 points off 5 Turnovers. The Packers O struggles against Seattle's D.

The Seahawks had more yards at the end of the game because the Packers couldn't stop them. You can't just erase sections from the game, and say -THAT DONT COUNT BECAUSE......REASONS! :roll:

The 2 Superbowl Losses are interesting to bring up because Seattle outgained both opponents in terms of yardage and won the turnover margin, yet still lost. The only Team in NFL history to that in a Superbowl, and they did it twice. The Packers didn't. they won the turnover battle and that is it. I also wouldn't be expecting 5 turnovers every time these 2 teams meet going forward either.

/exposed as derranged packer homer. Who ignores facts.
Patriots are the best team until proven otherwise....

By that logic, the Seahawks are still better than the Packers....

Laloosh

Reaction score
rideaducati":14w9q954 said:

You know the other guy's lost the argument when they start talking about how your team is "far from unbeatable". It's conceding the fact that even they perceive Seattle as the better team. 49er fans use the term all the time now. It's an easy out for them because it acknowledges that Seattle is good w/out actually having to say they're likely the best overall team.

"Seattle's good, but they're not unbeatable", see it all the time.

I don't blame Packer fans for arguing their point but they all seem to think that Aaron Rodgers trumps everything. Simply not the case. I think he's the most talented quarterback in the NFL and he's got some terrific weapons.

That said, until they can stop the run game, I don't see them beating Seattle in any stadium without some serious help from the football gods in the area of turnovers. Even then, they've proven that it's a tall task for them :)

sc85sis

Reaction score
ptisme":1e1daksq said:
ZagHawk":1e1daksq said:
Rams because those bastards can be the difference between winning our division and getting HFA or not.
That's a good point... And HFA seems to be much more important to Seattle than to a lot of teams (12th man).... I really am not sure how much HFA is to a team like Green Bay... Seems to me freezing cold and ice does more harm than good to an offense like GB... I'd just as soon go play in someone's dome...
The Hawks are 11-5 on the road in the regular season the last two years. Green Bay is 8-8.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
ptisme":3l05r1ir said:
They did beat themselves. Didn't you watch the last five minutes?

I find it interesting that the narrative coming out of that game was that the Packers gave it away in the last five minutes. Almost as if the Seahawks didn't give it away in the first 55 minutes.

A

Anonymous

Laloosh":2sanmh5z said:
rideaducati":2sanmh5z said:

I don't blame Packer fans for arguing their point but they all seem to think that Aaron Rodgers trumps everything. Simply not the case. I think he's the most talented quarterback in the NFL and he's got some terrific weapons.

:)

I agree, and I'll take it one step further...

Rodgers' injury is either re-aggravated, or he favors that leg, and becomes a more easily-beatable pocket-passer, and not a running threat.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
PackerNation":1i34zfu1 said:
WilsonMVP":1i34zfu1 said:
Of course the Packers beat the Vikings almost every year..Im a big viking fan too so I watch all the games. The one year AP was paired with a good QB, YOUR QB...a 40 year old Favre..the vikings thrashed you twice. He had 7TD/0INT and 500 yards against you.
The last two meetings when Minnesota had Brett Favre on the team (he was there 2 years, not 1) the Packers won both meetings:

October 24th (week 7)
Green Bay 28
Minnesota 24

November 21st (week 11)
Green Bay 31
Minnesota 3

Minnesota ended that 2010 season at 6-10 and out of the playoffs. They have been to the playoffs once since then and lost to the Packers. He wasn't our QB anymore, we traded him away to the NY Jets where he retired then came out of retirement to play a few more years. We moved on with Aaron Rodgers and have that rare occurrence of having two, back to back, H.O.F QB's.

Favre will have his number retired in Green Bay this coming season and soon will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. He is one of the reasons the NFL is and was so much fun to watch.
WilsonMVP":1i34zfu1 said:
I think its funny how Packer fans think they are just going to waltz to a division title. Zimmer in 1 year brought that defense from top 5-10 HISTORICALLY bad stat wise, to at least middle of the road..in 1 year. The defense will be better, and the offense is getting back AP, has a better deep threat in Wallace over old slow man jennings, and Bridgewater is the best QB the vikings have had since Culpepper (outside the 1 year of Favre basically).

The Packers are among the elite teams in the NFL, if not the best team. Contrary to belief on this forum, they are not just "OK". The Lions, the Vikings and the Bears are barely in the top half of all teams in the NFL, at the very best. Chicago, as long as Cutler is the QB, will barely be in the 3/4. The Lions will be average at best and the Vikings will struggle again. So why on earth would the Packers not be heavy favorites to win the division?

Zimmerman is a terrible HC but a decent DC. At least he was in Cincy. Bridgewater is a "sort of" like Wilson except Wilson is an actual QB. Bridgewater has small hands and now they are playing outside in cold weather. He is smaller, slower and doesn't have near the accuracy of someone like Wilson or Rodgers or even Stafford. Bridgewater will be overpaid for a few years then out of the NFL. Minnesota will once again be looking for a new signal caller.

As a Viking fan, I can see why you latched on to the Seahawks. Do you post on the Viking forums as well?

Yes I actually started posting on this site well after posting on a few vikings sites. I post on both now and watch all 16 games of both the Vikings and Seahawks as long as I am able to. Have watched Seahawks since the early 90s since I can remember when I was a kid and starting watching Vikings in 97.

As for Bridgewater...are you kidding me? Just like Wilson he was thrust into the starting role when he was supposed to sit..just like some other QB we all know..what is his name again...oh ya Rodgers who sat for 3 full years and didnt take any meaningful snaps until his 4th year in the league and was 25 years old. Bridgewater is currently right now 22 years old.

The Vikings offense was in shambles last year. Missing several OL, AP out, Teddy was injured early on, Kyle Rudolph injured. Ill give you he didnt look that great the first part of the year, but thats not really shocking considered he was supposed to be backing up Matt C and several positions around him were backups too. The last half of the season, especially the last 5-6 weeks he looked much better

From http://www.dailynorseman.com/2014/12/31 ... ta-vikings

Last 5 weeks of the season(yes small sample but when finally had some familiarity with the players around him and a little more experience)

2nd Highest QB rating (103) behind only Romo (117)
Tied highest completion % with Romo (72.1)
2nd in yards per attempt(8.8) only trailed Wilson(9)

Even if you go by the last 9 starts he had he was 11th in traditional QB rating with 92.2.

I like how you point out Bridgewaters lack of accuracy when he finished the season with a 64.5% completion ratio which was better than Luck (61.7), Stafford(60.3) and Wilson (63.1). Rodgers was at 65.6%. BTW Bridgewaters 64.5 is third best ALL TIME by a rookie QB behind only Big Ben and RG3

From PFF accuracy % - Accuracy Percentage = ((Completions + Drops) / (Attempts - Throw Aways - Spikes - Batted Passes - Hit As Thrown))

Overall on his deep ball accuracy(20+ yards) he finished 10th best in the NFL with 46.3%. Only 6 QBs in the league were above 50%. Overall accuracy from everywhere he was third in the league with the above metric with 77.3 bested only by Brees(80.2) and Alex Smith(79.8)

Under pressure he was 4th in the league (39.9% of snaps) behind Wilson(46), Mccown(43) and Smith(40)
Despite this his accuracy percentage under pressure was still 75.2 which is only a slight dropoff. If you take your Golden Boy Rodgers his overall accuracy percentage was 75.7 but when you add in pressures it drops to 59.2%. Luck was similar going from 73.3 to 59.8. Even Wilson went from 76 to 68.6.

Overall everything I have seen leads me to believe Bridgewater will be every bit as good as Luck and Wilson. Remember both Luck and Wilson are currently 3-4 years older. With AP back, adding a deep threat in Wallace, and just another year in the system with AP playing I would be shocked if Bridgewater doesnt have a really good year.

My prediction for Bridgewater next year....

65% completion ratio, 3800 yards, 27TD/10INT

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I'm so pumped by that last Vikings post that I'm going to go watch the Hawks play them in freezing temps in early December in Minneapolis. BeastMode vs. Adrian. Should be some fun!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":19jl5p24 said:
I'm so pumped by that last Vikings post that I'm going to go watch the Hawks play them in freezing temps in early December in Minneapolis. BeastMode vs. Adrian. Should be some fun!

Ya it should be a good game. I am super excited to watch both of them Run this year. AP is just as exciting as Lynch to watch and Teddy seems alot like Wilson. Very humble and hard working.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
ptisme":1cabd0xv said:
iigakusei":1cabd0xv said:
I know you would love for us to say Green Bay.
So......Green Bay.
So hard to tell though - I still think Seattle is the most talented team in the league top to bottom, but so many factors play into it. I could probably pick about 10 teams that could win it all if things go right.
And I would agree with you: On injury and Green bay... I certainly do not like the fact that you guys got a TE this off season for Wilson to scramble around and find....

Funny how you agree with it being the Packers and Injury to the team then after you post that here you post on your packers board
"they are a good team. Maybe the best in the league. But their fans seem so full of themselves that many of them couldn't name one team that maybe a threat to them. I have a strong feeling that Seattle will be running into a buzz saw up here at Lambeau And it's going to catch most of them completely off guard"
http://forum.packerchatters.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=uhicrm1p39mr7fqqffa04prdo0&topic=4257.0

You do realize there were many folks that said Packers by the time you posted that on your forums, actually almost the same amount as said Injury. Not sure what your end game is :Dunno:

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Bigbadhawk":pv11bl9a said:
ptisme":pv11bl9a said:
iigakusei":pv11bl9a said:
I know you would love for us to say Green Bay.
So......Green Bay.
So hard to tell though - I still think Seattle is the most talented team in the league top to bottom, but so many factors play into it. I could probably pick about 10 teams that could win it all if things go right.
And I would agree with you: On injury and Green bay... I certainly do not like the fact that you guys got a TE this off season for Wilson to scramble around and find....

Funny how you agree with it being the Packers and Injury to the team then after you post that here you post on your packers board
"they are a good team. Maybe the best in the league. But their fans seem so full of themselves that many of them couldn't name one team that maybe a threat to them. I have a strong feeling that Seattle will be running into a buzz saw up here at Lambeau And it's going to catch most of them completely off guard"
http://forum.packerchatters.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=uhicrm1p39mr7fqqffa04prdo0&topic=4257.0

You do realize there were many folks that said Packers by the time you posted that on your forums, actually almost the same amount as said Injury. Not sure what your end game is :Dunno:

I predicted a loss to Green Bay a month or so ago. Carroll teams typically struggle in road matchups earlier in the season. As the NFL continues to crack down on the physicality of our practices, I expect that will only get worse. They also tend to struggle on the 2nd of back-to-back road games (6-5 with the Seahawks).

As stated above, I view Green Bay as the 2nd best team in the NFL, but with a major weakness in the middle of their defense. If we play our game, and Bevell continues to feed the beast, I think we have a decent chance to win. It will certainly be the most obviously challenging game on our schedule.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I think it's funny that Seahawk fans say they have the deepest roster in the NFL in a thread like this, but just bash the OL and WRs in threads defending Russell Wilson...which is it? Those active players make up typically 12 out of 48 spots - 25% of the roster.

Anyway, the Packers cannot play with Seattle. That was a bad loss by the Packers, but as one poster pointed out, Rodgers has NEVER had a good game against the Hawks. take him away (like the Hawks always do), and what does Green Bay have? A consistently below average defense and Lacy. That's not enough.

So firstly, I'd like to give some props to the best team in the NFL as of February - the Patriots. They lost some guys, but if Gronk stays healthy, they're always going to be a threat.

The Packers only real chance, even at home, is if someone gets into the playoffs that can actually beat the Seahawks. The Panthers won't be that team.

In the NFC, I'd say Dallas is the only team that can win in Seattle. The next best hope is an NFC West team, followed by the Packers and Panthers in the NFC. In the AFC, I think the Pats, Colts, Ravens, or Steelers could win, but the Ravens would be the best shot IMO.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Ramfan128":20ahnn79 said:
I think it's funny that Seahawk fans say they have the deepest roster in the NFL in a thread like this, but just bash the OL and WRs in threads defending Russell Wilson...which is it? Those active players make up typically 12 out of 48 spots - 25% of the roster.

Anyway, the Packers cannot play with Seattle. That was a bad loss by the Packers, but as one poster pointed out, Rodgers has NEVER had a good game against the Hawks. take him away (like the Hawks always do), and what does Green Bay have? A consistently below average defense and Lacy. That's not enough.

So firstly, I'd like to give some props to the best team in the NFL as of February - the Patriots. They lost some guys, but if Gronk stays healthy, they're always going to be a threat.

The Packers only real chance, even at home, is if someone gets into the playoffs that can actually beat the Seahawks. The Panthers won't be that team.

In the NFC, I'd say Dallas is the only team that can win in Seattle. The next best hope is an NFC West team, followed by the Packers and Panthers in the NFC. In the AFC, I think the Pats, Colts, Ravens, or Steelers could win, but the Ravens would be the best shot IMO.

we say that because of the overall depth, some areas ( OL) are not as deep, then you have areas that are extremely deep, it evens out, and very very few people would argue that seattle has the most talented roster top to bottom.... is that really even possible to argue? GB is not going to blow the doors off us in lambeau.... their HFA they have is nothing compared to what we have here in seattle, they have been beat in the playoffs at home.... the hawks have not ..... as already said, our D makes rodgers average at best.... they really dont have much else after him. NO AFC team scares me, lets be honest NE won that game, they dinked and dunked on a injury depleted D who allowed more YAC then any game in the last 4+ years... NE was much healthier that game and STILL for all things considered should have lost that game. A 85% healthy hawks team beats them by 10+ with browner and revis..... IN NE, in the SB and certainly up here at the link.

byau

Reaction score
Ramfan128":7py9zklh said:

As of February, yes, they were the best. As of now, it's questionable. I would lean towards the Seahawks having the best roster, but an exciting roster on paper doesn't necessarily give you wins (see: Mariners)

I think Packers at home can win. I get what you're saying, because the Seahawks do a great job of minimizing the Aaron Rodgers factor. However, put us up in Lambeau and I'm not so sure.

In the same way, it almost seems like the Panthers should have our number because it's always been close and down to the last drive or two sans the 2015 Division playoff game. A few more plays, or one more player, and they could get it. In the same way the Seahawks D seem to have Rodgers number, the Panthers' D seem to have Wilson's number. And it's just a matter of if Cam Newton can do better. A full year with Kelvin Benjamin and having home field against the Seahawks and ..... ?

Not sure why but I'm not really worried about Dallas this year. Esp. they are without Murray now. I'm more concerned about Green Bay and Carolina.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2i6og0bx said:

We're not the only ones saying we have the deepest roster in the league:
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/ ... -teams-nfl
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... nted-teams

All you need to know is the following:
Seahawks OL > Rams OL
Seahawks WRs > Rams WRs
Seahawks TEs > Rams TEs
Seahawks RBs > Rams RBs
Seahawks QBs > Rams QBs
Seahawks DBs > Rams DBs
Seahawks LBs > Rams LBs
Seahawks DEs > Rams DEs
Rams DTs > Seahawks DTs

I would worry about your own OL and WRs because those are looking like not just two of the weaker position groups in the division, but also the entire league. With a deer-in-the-headlights QB with a strong tendency to hold the ball too long and to get sacked (and hurt), that is looking like a bad combination for you guys. Your DL will win you some games, but not consistently.

As for why our relatively weak OL/WRs have not hindered us much over the last three seasons, it's because we have the most elusive QB in the league and one of the best tackle-breaking RBs in NFL history. They have helped compensate a little for those other position groups. Jimmy Graham should help compensate even more.

ctrcat

Reaction score
byau":1romau5o said:
Ramfan128":1romau5o said:

As of February, yes, they were the best. As of now, it's questionable. I would lean towards the Seahawks having the best roster, but an exciting roster on paper doesn't necessarily give you wins (see: Mariners)

In the same way, it almost seems like the Panthers should have our number because it's always been close and down to the last drive or two sans the 2015 Division playoff game. A few more plays, or one more player, and they could get it. In the same way the Seahawks D seem to have Rodgers number, the Panthers' D seem to have Wilson's number. And it's just a matter of if Cam Newton can do better. A full year with Kelvin Benjamin and having home field against the Seahawks and ..... ?

Not sure why but I'm not really worried about Dallas this year. Esp. they are without Murray now. I'm more concerned about Green Bay and Carolina.

Again, Hawk fans that respect the challenge that the Panthers may bring is a lot of respect for a team and fanbase that truly has had the number of the Panthers. Especially when compared to Saints fans, who, despite having a losing record all time to the Panthers, a losing record to the Panthers in their own dome, humiliated (down 41-3 before the dogs were called off) in their last meeting, and having a far worse team on paper, somehow think they will win a division they haven't won since 2011. It's insane.

January is a LONGGG time from now. You have to be in the dance to have a chance, and if the Panthers are in the dance, I'm happy. Last year all (it seemed like EVERYTHING) was lost...until it wasn't. I truly believe that team will grow just as the 7-9 Hawk playoff team did. Improvements, some mild, some major, were made to every unit on the team. But as last year showed, anything can happen, good and bad. I would be shocked if the win total doesn't increase if for no other reason due to a relatively weak early schedule because they usually start slow. After that, anything can happen. The Hawks will be a tall task no matter what, but I think both teams must take care of a lot of business before another playoff meeting.

edromeo

Reaction score
Green Bay.

Great secondary that only got better with the draft.
Deep WRs corps.
Solid run game+A-a-ron.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
edromeo":24haf81f said:
Green Bay.

Great secondary that only got better with the draft.
Deep WRs corps.
Solid run game+A-a-ron.

The Packers have a great secondary? this is news to me.