Biggest threat to the Seahawks winning another Lombardi

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":7aa1yt5l said:
We're mad now just like Atlanta but better and deeper than 2012.

There's a lot to be excited about going into this season. The additions of offensive weapons like Jimmy Graham and Tyler Lockett will be something to behold. This team will be capable of not just winning, but dominating.

Fade

Reaction score
ptisme":o2jgxubz said:
They did best themselves. Didn't you watch the last five minutes? And until they beat the Seahawks the Seahawks are the better team.

Yes I saw the last 5 minutes. The Hawks thoroughly out played, and out executed the Packers in that time frame.

The Quote I am questioning---------> ptisme wrote: "The run defense isnt what costed the Packers the last game we played you. The packers are what costed the Packers that game."

You can't play the --> Packers beat the Packers CARD <--- if you lose in near all statistical categories in that game.

I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU if the Packers had dominated in most stats. But came up short on the score board.

Seattle Beat GB in the NFCCG in:
Scoreboard
Yards
Yards per play
Yards passing
Yards rushing
1st Downs
3rd Down % (very telling Seattle 8-16, GB 3-14)
4th Down %
Redzone!? (this can't be right lol)
Defense (All Numbers inverse)
Special Teams
Penalty Yards

GB Beat Seatte in the NFCCG in:
Turnovers
and Time Of Possesion by :50 sec

WHO OUT PLAYED WHO? According to you it was the Packers. they just beat themselves. :roll:

The delicious irony is the Hawks beat the Hawks, they gave it away 5 times, but they overcame it.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Green Bay was 23rd in rushing yards allowed last season. I don't expect that to change this season. The only question is whether we can exploit this weakness enough.

Fade

Reaction score
hawknation2015":nckky76g said:
Green Bay was 23rd in rushing yards allowed last season. I don't expect that to change this season. The only question is whether we can exploit this weakness enough.

The Packers are actually better than that due to Clay Matthews switching to ILB mid season. I think they were 12th ish? The rest of the season after they made that Key Switch.

It didn't help them in the NFCCG though when they surrendered 194 rushing yards to the Hawks.

*edit* I can't find the exact stats when Clay made the switch inside but it did improve.

Here is an interesting Q & A though. The 1st Question confirming my original thoughts in this thread.
http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Packers-QA-The-Jury-Is-Still-Out-on-Run-Defense-37498926

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Fade":1hqsbt8s said:
hawknation2015":1hqsbt8s said:

The Packers are actually better than that due to Clay Matthews switching to ILB mid season. I think they were 12th ish? The rest of the season after they made that Key Switch.

It didn't help them in the NFCCG though when they surrendered 194 rushing yards to the Hawks.
True story.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
ptisme":1u5w61ak said:
Ambrose83":1u5w61ak said:
PackerNation":1u5w61ak said:
The Green Bay Packers.

julius-peppers-rush-on-russell-wilson-nfc-championship.gif

Another NFCCG. This time at Lambeau and we will play a full 60 minute game.

I look at the NFC like this:

#1 Seattle (Reigning NFC Champs)
#2 Green Bay Packers (Best team in the NFL)
#3 A bunch of teams with men.
#4 The Chicago Bears

It's really a 2 horse race that will come down to injuries and who is playing better at the end of the year. Green Bay needs to win the regular season match up at home vs. Seattle to send a message and get over that awful slump we are in.

Seattle needs to show up, play defense and get Graham working in the Red Zone all year. They should win the division without to many issues.

Green Bay 13-3
Seattle 12-4

It should prove to be another great season with the two best teams in the NFL duking it out once again. I really hope both teams come into the Championship relatively healthy and it proves to be another epic contest.

So let me understand this- the best team in the NFL has not played in a SB in over 5 years, has not beat Seattle in over 3 years and has looked pretty awful on offense in those 3 games.... they are better then the team that is 3-0 against GB.... has been to B2B SB's...... and who just picked up the 2nd best TE in the NFL to boost the biggest weakness in their offense ( RZ) I get being a homer, but Seattle has proven to be the better team, has more talent etc.... none of which translates to not being the best team in the NFL. Rodgers becomes very average when he plays us..... that wont change in lambeau.
Until somebody beats them in the playoffs the best team in the NFC is the reigning NFC champions. Seattle has a great team has only gotten better in the off-season.

But the point of this thread wasn't to say who has a better team than Seattle. It was to ask which team was the biggest threat to them winning another championship. And I would point out that not once did myself or the other Packer fan bash your team. Seems a bit fickle that you need to do this yourself on this thread

Says the guy who in parentheses says his team is the best in the nfl. I'm just calling bullshit on that. I didn't add that part... you did.

Fade

Reaction score
Yeah PackerNation. How are the Packers the best team in the NFL?

Willy wonka wilder
More "Myths & Legends" :D

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Ambrose83":32i6k4ot said:
ptisme":32i6k4ot said:
Ambrose83":32i6k4ot said:
PackerNation":32i6k4ot said:
The Green Bay Packers.

#4 The Chicago Bears

It's really a 2 horse race that will come down to injuries and who is playing better at the end of the year. Green Bay needs to win the regular season match up at home vs. Seattle to send a message and get over that awful slump we are in.

Seattle needs to show up, play defense and get Graham working in the Red Zone all year. They should win the division without to many issues.

Green Bay 13-3
Seattle 12-4

It should prove to be another great season with the two best teams in the NFL duking it out once again. I really hope both teams come into the Championship relatively healthy and it proves to be another epic contest.

So let me understand this- the best team in the NFL has not played in a SB in over 5 years, has not beat Seattle in over 3 years and has looked pretty awful on offense in those 3 games.... they are better then the team that is 3-0 against GB.... has been to B2B SB's...... and who just picked up the 2nd best TE in the NFL to boost the biggest weakness in their offense ( RZ) I get being a homer, but Seattle has proven to be the better team, has more talent etc.... none of which translates to not being the best team in the NFL. Rodgers becomes very average when he plays us..... that wont change in lambeau.
Until somebody beats them in the playoffs the best team in the NFC is the reigning NFC champions. Seattle has a great team has only gotten better in the off-season.

But the point of this thread wasn't to say who has a better team than Seattle. It was to ask which team was the biggest threat to them winning another championship. And I would point out that not once did myself or the other Packer fan bash your team. Seems a bit fickle that you need to do this yourself on this thread

Says the guy who in parentheses says his team is the best in the nfl. I'm just calling bullshit on that. I didn't add that part... you did.
What are you talking about?

Overseasfan

Reaction score
How the Seahawks are now they are the best team in the entire NFL. It's probably all about form and injuries. If everyone plays around their usual level I have a feeling we'll get our second Lombardi.

seahawk Dan

Reaction score
I say beating themselves , it was what they did on the last play of the game in the Super bowl they tried to get to fancy , every team we play next year is going to be gunning for us ( the same as new England ) especially Green bay.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
PackerNation":jtuu9o9z said:
The Green Bay Packers.

#4 The Chicago Bears

Green Bay 13-3
Seattle 12-4

Green Bay is a good team, however I think Seattle is a more complete team. I don't think GB's defense is that great. It had 1-2 years of really excellent play and then fell of the face of the earth. GB had a advantage in the passing game for sure while Seattle has it in the running game. I think whomever get's homefield advantage will make it to the Super Bowl. Seattle's nearly unbeatable at home, GB also has a dynamic homefield advantage. Whomever host the NFC Championship game will go to the Super Bowl IMO.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
ptisme":1cm8006f said:
MizzouHawkGal":1cm8006f said:
You may be right. Your biggest threat may be overconfidence and complacency. I doubt Pete Carroll would allow the Seahawk players to be as confident as the fans on this board seem to be. If they are, they may find themselves running into a buzz saw at Lambeau Field.
You have it right.

1. The players aren't overconfident that's our job.

2. Pete won't let it happen, heck he didn't last year.

3. You guys still haven't fixed your run defense, overall team speed, or dumped Capers.

4. We have "I'm Jimmy"

Methinks the buzzsaw is coming your direction, not ours.
Your team will be great. If you think Green Bay's problem is team speed or run defense you haven't been paying attention to them lately.

So your saying the 23rd ranked rush defense is nothing to be concerned about? I have seen no evidence that GB is a remarkably faster team on defense or better at stopping the run. Remember it was a 20+ yard TD run that put Seattle in the position to take the lead in the NFCCG. In the playoffs they were allowing 5.3 Yards/Rush, and ranking 2nd to last. I would say that's something they desperately want to improve on this year.

PackerNation

Reaction score
Fade":2exeivm5 said:
You can't play the --> Packers beat the Packers CARD

Why? You guys do. You play it for the lost Super Bowl (both lost Super Bowls) and you play that card for the upcoming season stating that no team is a real threat, just your own team not playing well.

I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU if the Packers had dominated in most stats. But came up short on the score board.

Scoreboard
Yards
Yards per play
Yards passing
Yards rushing
1st Downs
4th Down %
Special Teams
Penalty Yards

Turnovers

WHO OUT PLAYED WHO? According to you it was the Packers. they just beat themselves. :roll:

Green Bay dominated almost every category up until the last 5-10 min. of football when our team quit. Honestly, we just stopped playing football and made a tremendous amount of foolish mistakes. Those guys have been cut from the team. We dominated 50-55 minutes of football with a QB who was about 50%, at best.

The delicious irony is the Hawks beat the Hawks, they gave it away 5 times, but they overcame it.

See, you just played the "we beat ourselves card" instead of giving credit to the other team. How ironic.

Seattle hung in there and played a great OT and put the game away when given the chance. It is something Seattle has been known for since the arrival of Pete Carroll. But they never would have had the chance if Green Bay had not quit. We gave that game away. Especially our pathetic Special Teams and that bonehead Bostic.

*edit* I can't find the exact stats when Clay made the switch inside but it did improve.

Here is an interesting Q & A though. The 1st Question confirming my original thoughts in this thread.
http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Packers-QA-The-Jury-Is-Still-Out-on-Run-Defense-37498926

It was week 9 against the Bears as I recall. Right after the bye week. Green Bays run defense was soft for several reasons before the switch. Namely, Capers loves to play a lot Nickel (Big Nickel), our DT's with the exception of Daniels played poorly (Guion missed all of camp and got off to a very slow start. Raji suffered a season ending injury and Boyd and Pennell are pretty raw.) and our ILB's were atrocious. Hawk and Jones were terrible all year, Lattimore got hurt and Barrington was a 7th round pick and green as grass. The fix was to move Clay into the middle and pair him up Barrington who is a bit slow at times but plays the run very well.

In the game against Seattle (NFCCG), the usual suspects were terrible (Hawk, Jones, even Guion) and Seattle did a lot of damage at the end of the game when Clay was out with an injury. I expect Lynch to have a great game against us because he is tough to bring down and our corners are not known to be physical. In other words, Lynch loves to run against teams like Green Bay. Lynch is the best RB in the NFL for a reason.

With that said, the Packers have been playing against Adrian Peterson twice a year for a long time and while he has a good amount of success against us, we still routinely thrash them. They have only beaten us once out of the last 11 meetings. This season, they are no threat and nor are the Bears or the Lions. We'll run over them and win another NFC North title.

I like the guys on our roster better than any team in the NFL. Our offense is going to be very solid again this year. We have the reigning MVP (2 time MVP), our OL is still intact and is great at pass blocking but suspect in the run game. Lacy is a great RB and we have the best trio of WR's in the NFL in Nelson, Cobb and Adams. Janis will challenge for the 4th spot and the new WR Montgomery will lead the PR/KR game.

The dead weight of Hawk, B. Jones and Bostic is gone and while we lost T. Williams and house, we have 2 pretty good rookies that can step up and Hayward can switch from slot outside CB. Our ILB's will be much improved with Barrington and CM3 in the middle and Peppers still looks fantastic in OTA's. Elliot and Perry will both see action at OLB and I think could be primed for a decent year. Raji could be the best addition and he is back at NT where he has had his best success.

Overall, I think we will win 12-13 games and win the Super Bowl this year. I think we have the best team in the NFL and had it last year if we didn't have that critical injury to Rodgers and the impending implosion as we were packing for the Super Bowl instead of finishing out the NFCCG.

You asked my opinion and I gave it to you.

I think Seattle has an excellent team but far from unbeatable. Your defense should still be in the top 3, if not #1 overall again and I like the addition of Jimmy Graham at TE. Wilson should be solid but the OL took a step backwards when Unger left. Your WR's will have a new addition but he is a rookie and who knows how well he will learn and adapt to the playbook this year. He might be great or he might need a few years of seasoning.

I don't like the depth on Seattle when it comes to replacing your starting defenders or lineman. A key injury and your season could be over. You lose Wilson, you will lose about 8-10 games especially if it is early in the season.

Seattle is easily a top 3 team in the NFL if not #1. It will not surprise me if they make it back to the Super Bowl this year. I still think Green Bay is the team to beat but we have not even made it to training camp yet and as we all know, a lot can happen in the course of a season.

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
The biggest threat is injury to the same position, like what happened last year with Mebane and Hill--then we lose Cliff Avril in the SB. We would've blown through NE if even one of those guys could've made it.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
PackerNation":35l49p9j said:
Fade":35l49p9j said:
You can't play the --> Packers beat the Packers CARD

Why? You guys do. You play it for the lost Super Bowl (both lost Super Bowls) and you play that card for the upcoming season stating that no team is a real threat, just your own team not playing well.

Scoreboard
Yards
Yards per play
Yards passing
Yards rushing
1st Downs
4th Down %
Special Teams
Penalty Yards

Turnovers

Green Bay dominated almost every category up until the last 5-10 min. of football when our team quit. Honestly, we just stopped playing football and made a tremendous amount of foolish mistakes. Those guys have been cut from the team. We dominated 50-55 minutes of football with a QB who was about 50%, at best.

See, you just played the "we beat ourselves card" instead of giving credit to the other team. How ironic.

Seattle hung in there and played a great OT and put the game away when given the chance. It is something Seattle has been known for since the arrival of Pete Carroll. But they never would have had the chance if Green Bay had not quit. We gave that game away. Especially our pathetic Special Teams and that bonehead Bostic.

It was week 9 against the Bears as I recall. Right after the bye week. Green Bays run defense was soft for several reasons before the switch. Namely, Capers loves to play a lot Nickel (Big Nickel), our DT's with the exception of Daniels played poorly (Guion missed all of camp and got off to a very slow start. Raji suffered a season ending injury and Boyd and Pennell are pretty raw.) and our ILB's were atrocious. Hawk and Jones were terrible all year, Lattimore got hurt and Barrington was a 7th round pick and green as grass. The fix was to move Clay into the middle and pair him up Barrington who is a bit slow at times but plays the run very well.

In the game against Seattle (NFCCG), the usual suspects were terrible (Hawk, Jones, even Guion) and Seattle did a lot of damage at the end of the game when Clay was out with an injury. I expect Lynch to have a great game against us because he is tough to bring down and our corners are not known to be physical. In other words, Lynch loves to run against teams like Green Bay. Lynch is the best RB in the NFL for a reason.

With that said, the Packers have been playing against Adrian Peterson twice a year for a long time and while he has a good amount of success against us, we still routinely thrash them. They have only beaten us once out of the last 11 meetings. This season, they are no threat and nor are the Bears or the Lions. We'll run over them and win another NFC North title.

I like the guys on our roster better than any team in the NFL. Our offense is going to be very solid again this year. We have the reigning MVP (2 time MVP), our OL is still intact and is great at pass blocking but suspect in the run game. Lacy is a great RB and we have the best trio of WR's in the NFL in Nelson, Cobb and Adams. Janis will challenge for the 4th spot and the new WR Montgomery will lead the PR/KR game.

The dead weight of Hawk, B. Jones and Bostic is gone and while we lost T. Williams and house, we have 2 pretty good rookies that can step up and Hayward can switch from slot outside CB. Our ILB's will be much improved with Barrington and CM3 in the middle and Peppers still looks fantastic in OTA's. Elliot and Perry will both see action at OLB and I think could be primed for a decent year. Raji could be the best addition and he is back at NT where he has had his best success.

Overall, I think we will win 12-13 games and win the Super Bowl this year. I think we have the best team in the NFL and had it last year if we didn't have that critical injury to Rodgers and the impending implosion as we were packing for the Super Bowl instead of finishing out the NFCCG.

You asked my opinion and I gave it to you.

I think Seattle has an excellent team but far from unbeatable. Your defense should still be in the top 3, if not #1 overall again and I like the addition of Jimmy Graham at TE. Wilson should be solid but the OL took a step backwards when Unger left. Your WR's will have a new addition but he is a rookie and who knows how well he will learn and adapt to the playbook this year. He might be great or he might need a few years of seasoning.

I don't like the depth on Seattle when it comes to replacing your starting defenders or lineman. A key injury and your season could be over. You lose Wilson, you will lose about 8-10 games especially if it is early in the season.

Seattle is easily a top 3 team in the NFL if not #1. It will not surprise me if they make it back to the Super Bowl this year. I still think Green Bay is the team to beat but we have not even made it to training camp yet and as we all know, a lot can happen in the course of a season.

I love the Rodgers injury excuse.. dude looked easily 85-90 % that game... and you guys lost cause you quit lol you lost cause you couldn't score even with 5 gift wrapped turnovers.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
If Seattle gets home field again in the playoffs, I don't see anyone stopping another run to the Superbowl. Seattle played one of the worst games in the NFCCG and Green Bay played a nearly perfect game and for one reason or another they STILL couldn't beat Seattle.

As for the "biggest threat" I could see a few teams. IF Green Bay can get home field, I would view them as the biggest threat to Seattle in the NFC RIGHT NOW. I could also see teams like the Cowboys, Cards, Falcons (I think they will surprise some people this year), Rams Giants and Eagles being better and maybe even pushing the top NFC teams, but in the end, the NFC will come down to Green Bay and Seattle in my book.

As for the AFC, the Pats will be good, but not as good as last year, Then you have contenders like the Broncos, Chargers, Pittsburg, Ravens and maybe a team like the Bills or Jets, but I just don't see any of those teams being in the same league as the Pack and the Seahawks. I really see this season being the NFC being the monster and then maybe an AFC making the Superbowl fun to watch for a quarter or two, before the NFC team takes it to them.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
seahawk Dan":1b2dbhni said:
I say beating themselves , it was what they did on the last play of the game in the Super bowl they tried to get to fancy , every team we play next year is going to be gunning for us ( the same as new England ) especially Green bay.
Every team last year was gunning for you

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2ipsb3jm said:
PackerNation":2ipsb3jm said:
The Green Bay Packers.

#4 The Chicago Bears

Green Bay 13-3
Seattle 12-4

Green Bay is a good team, however I think Seattle is a more complete team. I don't think GB's defense is that great. It had 1-2 years of really excellent play and then fell of the face of the earth. GB had a advantage in the passing game for sure while Seattle has it in the running game. I think whomever get's homefield advantage will make it to the Super Bowl. Seattle's nearly unbeatable at home, GB also has a dynamic homefield advantage. Whomever host the NFC Championship game will go to the Super Bowl IMO.
Seattle is the top dog until proven otherwise. I disagree with you on green bays defense. Their problem has been up the middle: two slow MLBers and one awful safety. Haha Clinton Dix was outstanding as a rookie and will only be better in year two. Both are ILBers have been replaced with speed and savvy.

The reason Green Bay lost to Seattle is they didn't have that big red zone target (remember we lost Finley). That's why all those drives stalled. Rodgers needs a Grahm or a Gronk. Many think Richard Rodgers can become that but you've got to see it to believe it.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1vurfi6u said:
ptisme":1vurfi6u said:
MizzouHawkGal":1vurfi6u said:
You may be right. Your biggest threat may be overconfidence and complacency. I doubt Pete Carroll would allow the Seahawk players to be as confident as the fans on this board seem to be. If they are, they may find themselves running into a buzz saw at Lambeau Field.
You have it right.

1. The players aren't overconfident that's our job.

2. Pete won't let it happen, heck he didn't last year.

3. You guys still haven't fixed your run defense, overall team speed, or dumped Capers.

4. We have "I'm Jimmy"

Methinks the buzzsaw is coming your direction, not ours.
Your team will be great. If you think Green Bay's problem is team speed or run defense you haven't been paying attention to them lately.

So your saying the 23rd ranked rush defense is nothing to be concerned about? I have seen no evidence that GB is a remarkably faster team on defense or better at stopping the run. Remember it was a 20+ yard TD run that put Seattle in the position to take the lead in the NFCCG. In the playoffs they were allowing 5.3 Yards/Rush, and ranking 2nd to last. I would say that's something they desperately want to improve on this year.
The defense will be much improved. Those numbers in the playoffs were high but that was also against two of the best rushing offenses in the league last year: Seattle and Dallas. GB doesn't need the 85 Bears defense to win with that offense.