Biggest threat to the Seahawks winning another Lombardi

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ptisme":1vf74aa1 said:
London12":1vf74aa1 said:
Have New England really regressed that much? I haven't paid much attention to their moves.

Boring answers I know but teams, GB and Dallas. This is sport though and nothing is ever clear cut.
From Afar it seems to me they (New England) lost much of their secondary and didn't really replace it in free agency or the draft

Correct me if im wrong but it seems they went all in on Browner and Revis last year and no neither is on the team

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3i0n4mso said:
Green Bay was 23rd in rushing yards allowed last season. I don't expect that to change this season. The only question is whether we can exploit this weakness enough.

That was without playing AP too. He averages 120 yards per game against them It can only be worse :D

MinnesotaVikingsvGreenBayPackersCFYB10SpfKml

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
PackerNation":1c1rieq2 said:
Fade":1c1rieq2 said:
You can't play the --> Packers beat the Packers CARD

Why? You guys do. You play it for the lost Super Bowl (both lost Super Bowls) and you play that card for the upcoming season stating that no team is a real threat, just your own team not playing well.

I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU if the Packers had dominated in most stats. But came up short on the score board.

Seattle Beat GB in the NFCCG in:
Scoreboard
Yards
Yards per play
Yards passing
Yards rushing
1st Downs
3rd Down % (very telling Seattle 8-16, GB 3-14)
4th Down %
Redzone!? (this can't be right lol)
Defense (All Numbers inverse)
Special Teams
Penalty Yards

GB Beat Seatte in the NFCCG in:
Turnovers
and Time Of Possesion by :50 sec

WHO OUT PLAYED WHO? According to you it was the Packers. they just beat themselves. :roll:

Green Bay dominated almost every category up until the last 5-10 min. of football when our team quit. Honestly, we just stopped playing football and made a tremendous amount of foolish mistakes. Those guys have been cut from the team. We dominated 50-55 minutes of football with a QB who was about 50%, at best.

The delicious irony is the Hawks beat the Hawks, they gave it away 5 times, but they overcame it.

See, you just played the "we beat ourselves card" instead of giving credit to the other team. How ironic.

Seattle hung in there and played a great OT and put the game away when given the chance. It is something Seattle has been known for since the arrival of Pete Carroll. But they never would have had the chance if Green Bay had not quit. We gave that game away. Especially our pathetic Special Teams and that bonehead Bostic.

The Packers are actually better than that due to Clay Matthews switching to ILB mid season. I think they were 12th ish? The rest of the season after they made that Key Switch.

It didn't help them in the NFCCG though when they surrendered 194 rushing yards to the Hawks.

*edit* I can't find the exact stats when Clay made the switch inside but it did improve.

Here is an interesting Q & A though. The 1st Question confirming my original thoughts in this thread.
http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Packers-QA-The-Jury-Is-Still-Out-on-Run-Defense-37498926

It was week 9 against the Bears as I recall. Right after the bye week. Green Bays run defense was soft for several reasons before the switch. Namely, Capers loves to play a lot Nickel (Big Nickel), our DT's with the exception of Daniels played poorly (Guion missed all of camp and got off to a very slow start. Raji suffered a season ending injury and Boyd and Pennell are pretty raw.) and our ILB's were atrocious. Hawk and Jones were terrible all year, Lattimore got hurt and Barrington was a 7th round pick and green as grass. The fix was to move Clay into the middle and pair him up Barrington who is a bit slow at times but plays the run very well.

In the game against Seattle (NFCCG), the usual suspects were terrible (Hawk, Jones, even Guion) and Seattle did a lot of damage at the end of the game when Clay was out with an injury. I expect Lynch to have a great game against us because he is tough to bring down and our corners are not known to be physical. In other words, Lynch loves to run against teams like Green Bay. Lynch is the best RB in the NFL for a reason.

With that said, the Packers have been playing against Adrian Peterson twice a year for a long time and while he has a good amount of success against us, we still routinely thrash them. They have only beaten us once out of the last 11 meetings. This season, they are no threat and nor are the Bears or the Lions. We'll run over them and win another NFC North title.

Yeah PackerNation. How are the Packers the best team in the NFL?

I like the guys on our roster better than any team in the NFL. Our offense is going to be very solid again this year. We have the reigning MVP (2 time MVP), our OL is still intact and is great at pass blocking but suspect in the run game. Lacy is a great RB and we have the best trio of WR's in the NFL in Nelson, Cobb and Adams. Janis will challenge for the 4th spot and the new WR Montgomery will lead the PR/KR game.

The dead weight of Hawk, B. Jones and Bostic is gone and while we lost T. Williams and house, we have 2 pretty good rookies that can step up and Hayward can switch from slot outside CB. Our ILB's will be much improved with Barrington and CM3 in the middle and Peppers still looks fantastic in OTA's. Elliot and Perry will both see action at OLB and I think could be primed for a decent year. Raji could be the best addition and he is back at NT where he has had his best success.

Overall, I think we will win 12-13 games and win the Super Bowl this year. I think we have the best team in the NFL and had it last year if we didn't have that critical injury to Rodgers and the impending implosion as we were packing for the Super Bowl instead of finishing out the NFCCG.

You asked my opinion and I gave it to you.

I think Seattle has an excellent team but far from unbeatable. Your defense should still be in the top 3, if not #1 overall again and I like the addition of Jimmy Graham at TE. Wilson should be solid but the OL took a step backwards when Unger left. Your WR's will have a new addition but he is a rookie and who knows how well he will learn and adapt to the playbook this year. He might be great or he might need a few years of seasoning.

I don't like the depth on Seattle when it comes to replacing your starting defenders or lineman. A key injury and your season could be over. You lose Wilson, you will lose about 8-10 games especially if it is early in the season.

Seattle is easily a top 3 team in the NFL if not #1. It will not surprise me if they make it back to the Super Bowl this year. I still think Green Bay is the team to beat but we have not even made it to training camp yet and as we all know, a lot can happen in the course of a season.

Of course the Packers beat the Vikings almost every year..Im a big viking fan too so I watch all the games. The one year AP was paired with a good QB, YOUR QB...a 40 year old Favre..the vikings thrashed you twice. He had 7TD/0INT and 500 yards against you.

I think its funny how Packer fans think they are just going to waltz to a division title. Zimmer in 1 year brought that defense from top 5-10 HISTORICALLY bad stat wise, to at least middle of the road..in 1 year. The defense will be better, and the offense is getting back AP, has a better deep threat in Wallace over old slow man jennings, and Bridgewater is the best QB the vikings have had since Culpepper (outside the 1 year of Favre basically).

hawknation2015

Reaction score
PackerNation":125fv6br said:
The dead weight of Hawk, B. Jones and Bostic is gone and while we lost T. Williams and house, we have 2 pretty good rookies that can step up and Hayward can switch from slot outside CB. Our ILB's will be much improved with Barrington and CM3 in the middle and Peppers still looks fantastic in OTA's. Elliot and Perry will both see action at OLB and I think could be primed for a decent year. Raji could be the best addition and he is back at NT where he has had his best success.

Outside of Daniels, your DL looks weak: Raji, Guion, Jones, Boyd, Thornton, Pennel, and Gaston. Whom have you added to this weak group other than a 6th Round pick? Moving Matthews to ILB was a desperation move. One man cannot shore up a team's systemic problems in run defense. And what will this do to your pass rush over the course of the season? Nick Perry is often injured and has proven nothing yet. And Julius Peppers is 35 years old and on his last legs.

Keeping Matthews at ILB now looks like more of a necessity than a luxury. Barrington is weak against the run. Bradford/Thomas are practice squad fodder with zero tackles in their careers. You will be pining for A.J. Hawk once slow rookie Jake Ryan is thrust into action. I will repeat the same question I asked about your DL: whom have you added to this already weak position group?

Against a good running/play action team, this defense will be torn a new one.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And even after your cheap shot artist Matthews tried to take Wilson out....he got up and tore your heart out when it counted.

Fade

Reaction score
PackerNation":2nursvtx said:
Fade":2nursvtx said:

Why? You guys do. You play it for the lost Super Bowl (both lost Super Bowls) and you play that card for the upcoming season stating that no team is a real threat, just your own team not playing well.

I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU if the Packers had dominated in most stats. But came up short on the score board.

Scoreboard
Yards
Yards per play
Yards passing
Yards rushing
1st Downs
4th Down %
Special Teams
Penalty Yards

Turnovers

WHO OUT PLAYED WHO? According to you it was the Packers. they just beat themselves. :roll:

Green Bay dominated almost every category up until the last 5-10 min. of football when our team quit. Honestly, we just stopped playing football and made a tremendous amount of foolish mistakes. Those guys have been cut from the team. We dominated 50-55 minutes of football with a QB who was about 50%, at best.

The delicious irony is the Hawks beat the Hawks, they gave it away 5 times, but they overcame it.

See, you just played the "we beat ourselves card" instead of giving credit to the other team. How ironic.

Seattle hung in there and played a great OT and put the game away when given the chance. It is something Seattle has been known for since the arrival of Pete Carroll. But they never would have had the chance if Green Bay had not quit. We gave that game away. Especially our pathetic Special Teams and that bonehead Bostic.

The Packers are actually better than that due to Clay Matthews switching to ILB mid season. I think they were 12th ish? The rest of the season after they made that Key Switch.

It didn't help them in the NFCCG though when they surrendered 194 rushing yards to the Hawks.

*edit* I can't find the exact stats when Clay made the switch inside but it did improve.

Here is an interesting Q & A though. The 1st Question confirming my original thoughts in this thread.
http://gnb.247sports.com/Bolt/Packers-QA-The-Jury-Is-Still-Out-on-Run-Defense-37498926

It was week 9 against the Bears as I recall. Right after the bye week. Green Bays run defense was soft for several reasons before the switch. Namely, Capers loves to play a lot Nickel (Big Nickel), our DT's with the exception of Daniels played poorly (Guion missed all of camp and got off to a very slow start. Raji suffered a season ending injury and Boyd and Pennell are pretty raw.) and our ILB's were atrocious. Hawk and Jones were terrible all year, Lattimore got hurt and Barrington was a 7th round pick and green as grass. The fix was to move Clay into the middle and pair him up Barrington who is a bit slow at times but plays the run very well.

In the game against Seattle (NFCCG), the usual suspects were terrible (Hawk, Jones, even Guion) and Seattle did a lot of damage at the end of the game when Clay was out with an injury. I expect Lynch to have a great game against us because he is tough to bring down and our corners are not known to be physical. In other words, Lynch loves to run against teams like Green Bay. Lynch is the best RB in the NFL for a reason.

With that said, the Packers have been playing against Adrian Peterson twice a year for a long time and while he has a good amount of success against us, we still routinely thrash them. They have only beaten us once out of the last 11 meetings. This season, they are no threat and nor are the Bears or the Lions. We'll run over them and win another NFC North title.

I like the guys on our roster better than any team in the NFL. Our offense is going to be very solid again this year. We have the reigning MVP (2 time MVP), our OL is still intact and is great at pass blocking but suspect in the run game. Lacy is a great RB and we have the best trio of WR's in the NFL in Nelson, Cobb and Adams. Janis will challenge for the 4th spot and the new WR Montgomery will lead the PR/KR game.

Overall, I think we will win 12-13 games and win the Super Bowl this year. I think we have the best team in the NFL and had it last year if we didn't have that critical injury to Rodgers and the impending implosion as we were packing for the Super Bowl instead of finishing out the NFCCG.

I think Seattle has an excellent team but far from unbeatable. Your defense should still be in the top 3, if not #1 overall again and I like the addition of Jimmy Graham at TE. Wilson should be solid but the OL took a step backwards when Unger left. Your WR's will have a new addition but he is a rookie and who knows how well he will learn and adapt to the playbook this year. He might be great or he might need a few years of seasoning.

I don't like the depth on Seattle when it comes to replacing your starting defenders or lineman. A key injury and your season could be over. You lose Wilson, you will lose about 8-10 games especially if it is early in the season.

Seattle is easily a top 3 team in the NFL if not #1. It will not surprise me if they make it back to the Super Bowl this year. I still think Green Bay is the team to beat but we have not even made it to training camp yet and as we all know, a lot can happen in the course of a season.

:34853_doh:
There is so much wrong in this post I don't even know where to start.

I just want to know how the Packers can be the best team in the NFL when they can't stop Seattle's run game.
And can only score 16 points off 5 Turnovers. The Packers O struggles against Seattle's D.

The Seahawks had more yards at the end of the game because the Packers couldn't stop them. You can't just erase sections from the game, and say -THAT DONT COUNT BECAUSE......REASONS! :roll:

The 2 Superbowl Losses are interesting to bring up because Seattle outgained both opponents in terms of yardage and won the turnover margin, yet still lost. The only Team in NFL history to that in a Superbowl, and they did it twice. The Packers didn't. they won the turnover battle and that is it. I also wouldn't be expecting 5 turnovers every time these 2 teams meet going forward either.

/exposed as derranged packer homer. Who ignores facts.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Fade":2vbpg8q3 said:
PackerNation":2vbpg8q3 said:

Scoreboard
Yards
Yards per play
Yards passing
Yards rushing
1st Downs
4th Down %
Special Teams
Penalty Yards

Turnovers

I just want to know how the Packers can be the best team in the NFL when they can't stop Seattle's run game.
And can only score 16 points off 5 Turnovers. The Packers O struggles against Seattle's D.

The Seahawks had more yards at the end of the game because the Packers couldn't stop them. You can't just erase sections from the game, and say -THAT DONT COUNT BECAUSE......REASONS! :roll:

The 2 Superbowl Losses are interesting to bring up because Seattle outgained both opponents in terms of yardage and won the turnover margin, yet still lost. The only Team in NFL history to that in a Superbowl, and they did it twice. The Packers didn't. they won the turnover battle and that is it. I also wouldn't be expecting 5 turnovers every time these 2 teams meet going forward either.

Bingo.. I am all for being a homer, but JFC at least be a bit realistic...... when the hawks were ok.. I did not crown them the best team ever..... seattle is better on paper and has been on the field for a few years now.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
Fade":3rl0w7xt said:
PackerNation":3rl0w7xt said:

Scoreboard
Yards
Yards per play
Yards passing
Yards rushing
1st Downs
4th Down %
Special Teams
Penalty Yards

Turnovers

Patriots are the best team until proven otherwise....

PackerNation

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":7zdjlhix said:
Of course the Packers beat the Vikings almost every year..Im a big viking fan too so I watch all the games. The one year AP was paired with a good QB, YOUR QB...a 40 year old Favre..the vikings thrashed you twice. He had 7TD/0INT and 500 yards against you.
The last two meetings when Minnesota had Brett Favre on the team (he was there 2 years, not 1) the Packers won both meetings:

October 24th (week 7)
Green Bay 28
Minnesota 24

November 21st (week 11)
Green Bay 31
Minnesota 3

Minnesota ended that 2010 season at 6-10 and out of the playoffs. They have been to the playoffs once since then and lost to the Packers. He wasn't our QB anymore, we traded him away to the NY Jets where he retired then came out of retirement to play a few more years. We moved on with Aaron Rodgers and have that rare occurrence of having two, back to back, H.O.F QB's.

Favre will have his number retired in Green Bay this coming season and soon will be inducted into the Hall of Fame. He is one of the reasons the NFL is and was so much fun to watch.
WilsonMVP":7zdjlhix said:
I think its funny how Packer fans think they are just going to waltz to a division title. Zimmer in 1 year brought that defense from top 5-10 HISTORICALLY bad stat wise, to at least middle of the road..in 1 year. The defense will be better, and the offense is getting back AP, has a better deep threat in Wallace over old slow man jennings, and Bridgewater is the best QB the vikings have had since Culpepper (outside the 1 year of Favre basically).

The Packers are among the elite teams in the NFL, if not the best team. Contrary to belief on this forum, they are not just "OK". The Lions, the Vikings and the Bears are barely in the top half of all teams in the NFL, at the very best. Chicago, as long as Cutler is the QB, will barely be in the 3/4. The Lions will be average at best and the Vikings will struggle again. So why on earth would the Packers not be heavy favorites to win the division?

Zimmerman is a terrible HC but a decent DC. At least he was in Cincy. Bridgewater is a "sort of" like Wilson except Wilson is an actual QB. Bridgewater has small hands and now they are playing outside in cold weather. He is smaller, slower and doesn't have near the accuracy of someone like Wilson or Rodgers or even Stafford. Bridgewater will be overpaid for a few years then out of the NFL. Minnesota will once again be looking for a new signal caller.

As a Viking fan, I can see why you latched on to the Seahawks. Do you post on the Viking forums as well?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Scottemojo":9nc0siuw said:
I think Dallas. I don't think that the dedication to the run they showed last year was a fluke.
This is where I'm at. Our defense has shown that it can handle Rodgers even when our qb has the worst three quarters he's ever played.

A team like Dallas gets the run game going, Romo and Dez could drive a stake through our hearts.

PackerNation

Reaction score
hawknation2015":2o6glks0 said:
Outside of Daniels, your DL looks weak: Raji, Guion, Jones, Boyd, Thornton, Pennel, and Gaston. Whom have you added to this weak group other than a 6th Round pick? Moving Matthews to ILB was a desperation move. One man cannot shore up a team's systemic problems in run defense. And what will this do to your pass rush over the course of the season? Nick Perry is often injured and has proven nothing yet. And Julius Peppers is 35 years old and on his last legs.
Raji is back at NT and having great OTA's so far. He looks to be in great shape after working hard all offseason. That is the report from the coaching staff. He is a wild card. A guy in a contract year looking to make big money so I expect he'll be going 110% all year. I like Boyd and Pennell a lot and Guion should be much better coming out of the gate this year and will actually see his snap count decrease. He played exhausted a lot last year and it showed. Besides, he will be at DE and not NT, so he could be better. Daniels is among the best in the NFL and primed for a pretty decent season.
Keeping Matthews at ILB now looks like more of a necessity than a luxury. Barrington is weak against the run. Bradford/Thomas are practice squad fodder with zero tackles in their careers. You will be pining for A.J. Hawk once slow rookie Jake Ryan is thrust into action. I will repeat the same question I asked about your DL: whom have you added to this already weak position group?

Keeping Clay inside is best for the defense and the team and that is why our GM did not select an ILB high up in the draft. He very well could have but as he stated: "I like the guys we have right now".

No, we will not be missing Hawk at all. He should have been cut 2 years ago and played terrible all last year in limited duty. Barrington was in his 2nd year with Green Bay and only got 1 snap in 2013. He played 485 snaps last year an did "ok". He'll need time to get comfortable on the field but he was a huge upgrade over Hawk, Jones or even Lattimore. Brad Jones was so bad, he was injuring our own guys and committing penalties that was killing the defense.

Green Bay's defense finished about average last year and I think we will be much improved. Maybe top 10, maybe just outside of it. We'll have to see. But our offense will be better as well and so will our Special Teams.

How do you like your offense now with Jimmy Graham? The first indications I have read have all been positive. What areas do you think Seattle will need to improve in?

chris98251

Reaction score
PackerNation":3nkp45qd said:
hawknation2015":3nkp45qd said:
Raji is back at NT and having great OTA's so far. He looks to be in great shape after working hard all offseason. That is the report from the coaching staff. He is a wild card. A guy in a contract year looking to make big money so I expect he'll be going 110% all year. I like Boyd and Pennell a lot and Guion should be much better coming out of the gate this year and will actually see his snap count decrease. He played exhausted a lot last year and it showed. Besides, he will be at DE and not NT, so he could be better. Daniels is among the best in the NFL and primed for a pretty decent season.

Keeping Clay inside is best for the defense and the team and that is why our GM did not select an ILB high up in the draft. He very well could have but as he stated: "I like the guys we have right now".

No, we will not be missing Hawk at all. He should have been cut 2 years ago and played terrible all last year in limited duty. Barrington was in his 2nd year with Green Bay and only got 1 snap in 2013. He played 485 snaps last year an did "ok". He'll need time to get comfortable on the field but he was a huge upgrade over Hawk, Jones or even Lattimore. Brad Jones was so bad, he was injuring our own guys and committing penalties that was killing the defense.

Green Bay's defense finished about average last year and I think we will be much improved. Maybe top 10, maybe just outside of it. We'll have to see. But our offense will be better as well and so will our Special Teams.

How do you like your offense now with Jimmy Graham? The first indications I have read have all been positive. What areas do you think Seattle will need to improve in?

Health.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Laloosh":qezn4wgk said:
Scottemojo":qezn4wgk said:
I think Dallas. I don't think that the dedication to the run they showed last year was a fluke.
This is where I'm at. Our defense has shown that it can handle Rodgers even when our qb has the worst three quarters he's ever played.

A team like Dallas gets the run game going, Romo and Dez could drive a stake through our hearts.

who exactly is going to get said run game going? mcfaden? not so much

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ambrose83":2io5edgp said:
Laloosh":2io5edgp said:
Scottemojo":2io5edgp said:

Not sure what the numbers looked like at the end of the year but there's a reason that things like this were being written:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/10/ ... -of-dallas

I think that offensive line might be able to make my grandmother look like an all-pro, tbh.

As San Diego showed in week 2 last season, you don't need to break 20 yard runs to have an effective running game. If they can give themselves reasonable 3rd down yardage and you've got receivers / TEs who can convert on 3rd down (see Bryant and Witten), you can wear down even our defense.

As Scotte mentioned, they've shown a commitment to the run game and taking those 1-2 yard runs in the first half but staying committed to the run pays off in the 2nd half.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
31 other teams... Most of the time to start out a season, even the favorites are around 6/1, meaning the money knows the favorite has some chance below 20% of winning it all, for a variety of reasons.

OP
OP
ptisme

ptisme

Reaction score
"As a Viking fan, I can see why you latched on to the Seahawks. Do you post on the Viking forums as well?"

beautiful:)

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Laloosh":3o8i6lj0 said:
Ambrose83":3o8i6lj0 said:
Laloosh":3o8i6lj0 said:
Scottemojo":3o8i6lj0 said:

Not sure what the numbers looked like at the end of the year but there's a reason that things like this were being written:

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2014/10/ ... -of-dallas

I think that offensive line might be able to make my grandmother look like an all-pro, tbh.

As San Diego showed in week 2 last season, you don't need to break 20 yard runs to have an effective running game. If they can give themselves reasonable 3rd down yardage and you've got receivers / TEs who can convert on 3rd down (see Bryant and Witten), you can wear down even our defense.

As Scotte mentioned, they've shown a commitment to the run game and taking those 1-2 yard runs in the first half but staying committed to the run pays off in the 2nd half.

that SD game was a fluke.. 120 degree heat.. our D on the field for 90% of the game.. kam injured and gates/rivers having one of the best games they ever played.. if you need injuries, 120 degree heat and execution that happens once out of 15 times... that is not a formula for beating seattle....... the boys have the best o line no question.... mcfaden is not murray....

Laloosh

Reaction score
Ambrose83":1aktly64 said:
that SD game was a fluke.. 120 degree heat.. our D on the field for 90% of the game.. kam injured and gates/rivers having one of the best games they ever played.. if you need injuries, 120 degree heat and execution that happens once out of 15 times... that is not a formula for beating seattle....... the boys have the best o line no question.... mcfaden is not murray....

I was at the game. Was pretty hot. The other team had to play in it as well, ya know?

ZagHawk

Reaction score
ClutchDJ":2ve8b1xb said:
ZagHawk":2ve8b1xb said:
ClutchDJ":2ve8b1xb said:
Not sure why people mention the Rams.

Did some people forget Jeff Fisher is still their Head Coach?

That's why the hawks have swept them three years in a row now right? /sarcasm

You can also say they have regressed record-wise the past few years.

/nonsarcasm

I'm not worried about their record. I'm worried about the 1 loss they give us every year causing us to lose HFA or heck even a spot in the playoffs. I'm worried about their monster D-Line that is going to take RW out for 4 games (or the entire freaking season). Every game the Seahawks play against them late hits, RW running for his life. Wasn't it Earl Thomas who said that it's the Rams that should be most feared in the NFCW against the Hawks not the Niners (last year).

Latest posts