**BREAKING NEWS** No suspensions.......somehow!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KillerB":196bqn5u said:
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21741714/no-bans-seattle-seahawks-actions-vs-jacksonville-jaguars

More confirmation, nobody suspended. Fines, on the other hand, are likely to be steep.
I have no problem with fines.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
rcaido":21y2ijkk said:
I guess the legion of glooms were wrong again. im not really sure what was the uproar about suspensions...If AJ Green didn't get a suspension, why would any of the players get suspended...Especially since no one got hurt.

THIS!

All i heard yesterday was how everyone was going to get suspended. Ummm...no. If anyone watches the NFL, you will know that you have to do a lot to get suspended. AJ Green is the best example.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Good news, and on top of that the Jaguar ownership acted appropriately and swiftly in regards to the tools that were throwing crap...

The Jacksonville Jaguars issued a statement Monday, acknowledging that "four individuals threw five objects from the stands. These objects included plastic cups with ice and liquid, a bag of popcorn and a plastic bottle."

The team said those individuals will have their season tickets revoked if they are season ticket holders. They will lose the option to buy single-game tickets and will be banned from Jaguar games.

"The Jacksonville Jaguars in no way condone the behavior of a small group of fans that occurred at the conclusion of Sunday’s Jaguars vs. Seahawks game, which involved the throwing of several items on to the field in the direction of a visiting player."

Well done, FO.

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jag ... 4bc2cbba3e

ivotuk

Reaction score
John Clayton was within 10 feet of Quinton and said the fans said some really nasty shit, along with throwing garbage and ice at him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ivotuk":1sxdbcso said:
John Clayton was within 10 feet of Quinton and said the fans said some really nasty shit, along with throwing garbage and ice at him.
Imagine that. I missed his show. Have to catch the podcast. Thanks.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":11hevnbh said:
They are downplaying this as much as possible...This is the second incident at that stadium just in the last month...That is has the makings of a pattern of negativity involving the Jacksonville Jaguars....Once with the Bengals, then again with the Seahawks.
And you are right, Jefferson was waving off a lot of the jeers, and some of the stuff being thrown at him, that is, UNTIL the GARBAGE started flying, and that's when he lost his composure.
The League should levy fines against several players on the Jaguar Defense for breeching the Seahawks sidelines and knocking down one of our Coaches....If they don't, what's going to stop them from just doing it again?
IF Pete Carroll is thought to be complicit for his lack of control over his players, then it's just as much at fault of the Jag's Coaching staff, as they are just as guilty as the players they field.

nepahawk

Reaction score
HawkerD":hmpetwib said:
Where are all the conspiracy theorists??? You know...how the league hates us and is against us. Perfect opportunity to crush us and they don't. What say you ?

Maybe, they likes us better than the Rams this week.
:stirthepot:

Polaris

Reaction score
nepahawk":34ldj4p6 said:
HawkerD":34ldj4p6 said:
Where are all the conspiracy theorists??? You know...how the league hates us and is against us. Perfect opportunity to crush us and they don't. What say you ?

Maybe, they likes us better than the Rams this week.
:stirthepot:

I don't think they like us better, but I do think the NFL wants Seattle to win this week. Why? It would keep the NFC West in doubt until the final week of the season whereas if the Rams won, it would almost clinch it for the Rams and make the playoff picture less interesting.

The NFL may not like us, but they want to see some Russell Wilson magic in the post-season, I promise you.

irocdave

Reaction score
HawkerD":3j2xdna1 said:

The NFL doesn't want a decimated Seahawk's team to play the upstart Rams next weekend, that neuters the story line. That game still has to put butts in the seats behind the TV screen. I dont think the NFL hates the Hawks, I do however think they try and manipulate games. And the Hawks have benefited from that over the past 5+ years but that was paid for in blood for the previous 20 + years of NFL "screw you's" to Seattle fans.

netskier

Reaction score
Mizak":2kf9gyur said:
What Bennett did wasn't even worthy of a suspension.

Fine? Yep.

Rolling purposefully onto the center's knees, similarly to what Britt did by accident to Fant????

I doubt that the Players' Association would agree with you. I don't.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
netskier":y3n1w7r8 said:
Mizak":y3n1w7r8 said:

Fine? Yep.

Rolling purposefully onto the center's knees, similarly to what Britt did by accident to Fant????

No way they'd agree with that, nor would any offensive or defensive lineman being even remotely honest.

He did it both during the victory formation and again after it too.

Honestly, I think what he did is much more dangerous than what Gronk did, and I'm fairly shocked he didn't get the equivalent one game suspension for it.

Regardless of what the fine is, he def got away with one on this one.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2qotritr said:
hawknation2017":2qotritr said:
That's definitely the right decision on Bennett and Richardson.

I wasn't so sure about Jefferson, due to his attempt to jump into the stands, but you could argue he was sufficiently provoked by the fans throwing bottles and trash at him and allegedly calling him "the N-word."

Richardson got ejected for throwing a punch, so I thought for sure he would be suspended.

I really wonder if the "N" word was used. If it was, you would think a few others in that section might have taken offense also.

MtY34NO

It's interesting that in our rush to R, we assume it could have only been uttered by one demographic, when the only acceptable use case for that word anymore belongs to the other demographic(ridiculous, in my opinion). The conditioning is almost complete.

Sgt Largent

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2d7jkjv9 said:
netskier":2d7jkjv9 said:
Mizak":2d7jkjv9 said:

Fine? Yep.

No way they'd agree with that, nor would any offensive or defensive lineman being even remotely honest.

He did it both during the victory formation and again after it too.

Honestly, I think what he did is much more dangerous than what Gronk did, and I'm fairly shocked he didn't get the equivalent one game suspension for it.

Regardless of what the fine is, he def got away with one on this one.

Piledriving an unaware/unprepared person laying flat on his back (that actually did cause injury) is the lesser offense. Not only lesser but "much" even. :34853_doh:

Just when I think you've finally gained control of your agenda monster, out of the depths he springs....

What a ridiculous take...

rcaido

Reaction score
I watched the video over an over, i guess i just dont see what Bennett did that's causing all this uproar. You can clearly see Bennett swiping for the football with his right hand on the snap...

Then you see the center put all his weight down on Bennetts head & knee him right when he stepped over him...That's when Bennett reacted by taking him down.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":pdai6va6 said:
ivotuk":pdai6va6 said:
They are downplaying this as much as possible...This is the second incident at that stadium just in the last month...That is has the makings of a pattern of negativity involving the Jacksonville Jaguars....

They should move the team to London as punishment... although most Londoners will wonder what they did to deserve that.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/941783846294396928[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/941782145785266179[/tweet]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet, there was a Jags player, who after a CLEAR late hit out of bounds, decided to throw one of our coaches to the ground. No call on either.