Broncos and Rams

OP
OP
B

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Jarrett Stidham > ME3

Mr. I'm Limited's days as a starter are numbered.

Not only that, but the fans are delirioulsly happy tonight and the pressure will be on for repeats. If #3 can't perform to Stidhams performance, the boos will be raining down.

I wonder if Payton is sending a message by leaving Stidham in even though the game is so well in hand.

toffee

Reaction score
Not only that, but the fans are delirioulsly happy tonight and the pressure will be on for repeats. If #3 can't perform to Stidhams performance, the boos will be raining down.

I wonder if Payton is sending a message by leaving Stidham in even though the game is so well in hand.
Wilson's fragile psyche will have a melt down, Ciara will have a long night.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You got a QB that plays the position the way he's supposed to.
Then you got Russ who embraces pressure and doen't run from it.:oops:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RedAlice, you are an amazing woman but I love when the Rams are crap. But I like it better if San Francisco is worse. If you actually are coming to Lumen Field please have fun we are a top shelf fanbbase.

keasley45

Reaction score
Said it when SP signed and paid him - Stidham is the guy SP wants and by the way SP talked about him, the qb on the roster with the tools to do what his offense needs.

OP
OP
B

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Said it when SP signed and paid him - Stidham is the guy SP wants and by the way SP talked about him, the qb on the roster with the tools to do what his offense needs.

I noticed that the other Broncos players had more purpose and energy with Stidham at the helm. I can't help but think that EmbarraRuss's personality carries over to the field and affects the the level of enthusiam of his teammates.

keasley45

Reaction score
I noticed that the other Broncos players had more purpose and energy with Stidham at the helm. I can't help but think that EmbarraRuss's personality carries over to the field and the the level of enthusiam of his teammates.

I think it's that and that when Stidham is on the field, the other guys know for certain that he is going to do what they practiced for, he's going to play his part, and if they play theirs, the offense will be successful. Russ's style is exciting, and no doubt frustrating if you are a wr who continually sharpens your craft to get open and do, but don't get the ball because the qb couldnt see you or coukdnt get it there. Or, if you're a lineman who blocks your guy long enough and to the spot you're supposed to, only for the play to result in a sack because the qb isn't where he was supposed to be or held the ball too long.
It's a team sport. And when all 11 are playing as a team, you get unity, even in adversity. When you have 1/10 playing his own game, it can be hard. You see the same thing in basketball when you have a player who is all highlight reel material but can't do the simple things like pass the ball. You may win, but after a while, the morale of the team can suffer, especially when you don't win.
Russ is the star player who saw the accolades because he won regardless of his play and how well he played within the system. I think now, even though i'm sure his teammates are pulling for him, they no doubt see him a bit as the superstar garnering the spotlight, but being a major reason the team is playing poorly.

In that atmosphere, the underdog backup who comes in and lights things up will always get his teammates standing up and cheering.

We will see how Russ handles it. It's THE thing the Hawks FO sought to avoid for his sake while he was here - any notion that the guy backing him up could challenge him or gain support in the locker room. You got a glimpse of how Russ took Geno hopping in the spotlight when he got hurt in 21.

Maybe this time will be different.

Scout

Reaction score
What I conclude from this pre season is that the Broncos do have a talented team. But the problem that remains is that the rest of the AFC is uber talented.

Bills, Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots are all going to be tough outs. Ravens, Browns, and Bengals are all going to be competitive and the Steelers are a darkhorse team once more. The Jags are an ascending team and the Titans are going to rebound. Who knows what the Colts and Texans do but it sure will look better than the dumpster fires last year for sure. Then you have the Raiders, Chiefs, and Chargers ready to fire on all cylinders.

Good luck SP and RW because the Broncos are facing some big challenges ahead.

It is not just the QB talent that is stacked in the AFC favor it is also so many talented defenses that can be as tough as Denver's defense. So the Broncos offense has to prove they can keep up with the offenses within their own division like the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers, and the rest of the AFC.

RedAlice

Reaction score
I don’t know about suck I think the Rams win 8 games depending on 2 factors

1) Cooper Kupp's knee

2) Aaron Donald’s overall health

Oh, I was referring to the game last night with the team they had on field.

For regular season if the main three stay healthy should be some fun games and a decent team.

Scout

Reaction score
The Rams offense is still going to be able to rack up points or control the clock.

Defensively the youth movement is going to pay off in the long run so look for them to gel down the stretch.