Bronx AND Hawks fan... I come in peace with 1 point to make

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1lxjmuvl said:
I never woulda guessed it but Bronco fans are just awful when it comes to football IQ.

Any other team i'd register on their forums for a good discussion.

But apparently all that will get you is a Wilson draft day gif full of insults about his wife, and a diatribe about how there's no point in playing this game because they have an unstoppable offense. I mean except that they aren't undefeated.

I wonder how our offense would look if we didn't just play 2 months of games against defenses the caliber of which t he broncos haven't faced all season.

no offense.

I've read some of their threads, and it's a joke. None of them have actually looked at facts or stats , they just spout what they here the talking heads say. I've seen them say Wilson is a joke, and they think Blount is a better RB than Beast Mode. The also don't think we can slow them down.

I'll say if right now, they might as well say goodbye to any TE production during the SB, we have proven all year that our lb and safety's have the good to stop any TE in the NFL. I won't be surprised if this game doesn't look a lot like the first saints game, they well out to stop Marshawn and Wilson picks them apart.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Broncos":ejfvwzws said:
Of course they don't. They shouldn't as well. I'm just throwing that out there from the Bronx stand point.
Plenty of thoughts to ponder about with both teams. I just found the irony between the Two players a bit interesting.

Oscar Wilde said "There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about."

As an aside Oscar also got irony whereas you clearly don't.

Bux005

Reaction score
LDE Malik Jackson, Jeremy Mincey
DT Sylvester Williams, Sione Fua
NT Terrance Knighton, Mitch Unrein
RDE Shaun Phillips, Robert Ayers
SLB Nate Irving, Brandon Marshall
MLB Wesley Woodyard, Paris Lenon
WLB Danny Trevathan, Steven Johnson
LCB Champ Bailey, Quentin Jammer, Marquice Cole
RCB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tony Carter, Kayvon Webster
SS Duke Ihenacho, David Bruton
FS Mike Adams, Omar Bolden, Michael Huff

Just posting the Denver defensive depth chart so they can get familiar with them and start pretending that they have known most of their names all year. I got this off the Broncos' website so if there are any mistakes... they probably couldn't tell anyway. Too much?

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Bux005":3cs5f8bt said:
LDE Malik Jackson, Jeremy Mincey
DT Sylvester Williams, Sione Fua
NT Terrance Knighton, Mitch Unrein
RDE Shaun Phillips, Robert Ayers
SLB Nate Irving, Brandon Marshall
MLB Wesley Woodyard, Paris Lenon
WLB Danny Trevathan, Steven Johnson
LCB Champ Bailey, Quentin Jammer, Marquice Cole
RCB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Tony Carter, Kayvon Webster
SS Duke Ihenacho, David Bruton
FS Mike Adams, Omar Bolden, Michael Huff

Just posting the Denver defensive depth chart so they can get familiar with them and start pretending that they have known most of their names all year. I got this off the Broncos' website so if there are any mistakes... they probably couldn't tell anyway. Too much?

Other than old man Champ ... who are these guys?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Broncos":30xagovl said:
I'm wondering if Manning even bothers going to D. Thomas (Sherman I would assume will cover him most)
I say this because of the other weapons weapons we have. It's as if we have just as many playmakers as you do in the backfield. Both teams are stacked...
I have a hunch that coach Fox has a plan for V Green and Moreno as a duo in the backfield to keep the Hawks D honest.
Something is going to give in one way or another.

Well against NE, Manning never threw at D. Thomas until Talib went down, then Manning eviscerated the guy that came in for Talib. Manning is the kind of guy that finds a weakness and just murderously exploits it until you make him stop, then he goes somewhere else. Belichick will do the same thing.

To say Manning is an intelligent QB is an understatement. He knows that giving our defense turnovers just gets them hyped up and coming back even harder next series. He'll stay away from Sherman as he has a lot of other weapons. Depending on the weather (wind), I wonder if he'll even try to test Maxwell. His arm strength isn't that great for 10 yard outs; Maxwell has feasted on those this year. Manning also doesn't have the arm strength to test Earl Thomas deep down the middle so that only leaves:

I honestly see Manning testing Thurmond and Lane in the slots, and getting underneath stuff with our LBers. He's going to try to get J. Thomas on a LBer. They're going to do those run/pick routes and cross stuff up. Running out of bunch formations usually is effective against our slot guys. If we switch up, you could see Thurmond or Lane on D. Thomas and then Manning goes to him.

I've also seen success with Denver throwing D. Thomas screen passes. I can see Manning trying these as well, although we are the best against the screen pass in the NFL, it still averages 4.5 yards against us.

Largent80

Reaction score
We are NOT the N.E. defense. In fact, we will be the nastiest, and quickest defense Manning has faced.,

He will get some, but I also believe he will do what he has done historically and that is, make a few bad throws that will be either defended or picked off.

I will also say that Russell Wilson will be able to move the ball on them, and Lynch will get over 100.

We already played, and won in that stadium this year, and 12's are travelling well this year.

Denver is not going to deny the Seahawks their first championship.

Miile High

Reaction score
Champ Bailey was the best CB in the league for 6-7 years in the early 2000s. But he was humble about it, not looking for the spotlight.

Sherman on the other hand, seems to enjoy the attention, an "all eyes on me" kinda guy. That's fine and all, but I much prefer Champ's style. Sherman is an amazing football player, but comes across as a total d-bag.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2wicmunz said:
^^^Doesn't know anything about Sherman.

not many do... its really a pointless debate at this point.

Bux005

Reaction score
Miile High":qdzbx1f9 said:
Champ Bailey was the best CB in the league for 6-7 years in the early 2000s. But he was humble about it, not looking for the spotlight.

Sherman on the other hand, seems to enjoy the attention, an "all eyes on me" kinda guy. That's fine and all, but I much prefer Champ's style. Sherman is an amazing football player, but comes across as a total d-bag.
Do you think Bailey will win more Super Bowls than Sherman?

Miile High

Reaction score
CPHawk":377f6anh said:
Hawknballs":377f6anh said:
I never woulda guessed it but Bronco fans are just awful when it comes to football IQ.

I've read some of their threads, and it's a joke. None of them have actually looked at facts or stats , they just spout what they here the talking heads say.

Yeah, because a few people's opinions on internet forums represents the entire fanbase. Just kidding :white_flag:

I am a Broncos fan, and I come in peace. I too am just looking for some good football discussion. I've browsed this thread for several years off and on, and decided to join once you guys punched your ticket to the SB.

There are morons on every team's forum. some are blind homers, some are in denial, and some just don't know the game of football.

hawker84

Reaction score
agreed every team has their fair share of idiots including us. I welcome all you Bronco fans to the Net and hopefully we can have some good football discussions. Both teams have had outstanding seasons and have rightfully earned their way to the dance.

Make no mistake about it Denvers offense is a thing of beauty and will carve you a new one if you're not fully prepared. Fortunately for us our coaching staff and team leaders do a great job of preparing and should be ready for war come SB sunday.

on the flip side, what Denver is getting ready to face is one of the best defenses in NFL history, and arguably one of the top Defensive backfields to ever be assembled, and you best believe they'll be getting after it, Manning will have to bring his A game to succeed.

As far as the Champ/Sherm comments, it is what it is, we'll let the play on the field do the talking. I must say i was very impressed with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in your Championship game. Dude is a baller and i'm taking nothing away from him, but in all seriousness as good as he's played, i doubt either of your starting corners cracks our starting lineup...

anyhoo, good luck to you Bronco fans, should be a great game, one for the ages.....

Miile High

Reaction score
hawker84":22nmqf1q said:
agreed every team has their fair share of idiots including us. I welcome all you Bronco fans to the Net and hopefully we can have some good football discussions. Both teams have had outstanding seasons and have rightfully earned their way to the dance.

Make no mistake about it Denvers offense is a thing of beauty and will carve you a new one if you're not fully prepared. Fortunately for us our coaching staff and team leaders do a great job of preparing and should be ready for war come SB sunday.

on the flip side, what Denver is getting ready to face is one of the best defenses in NFL history, and arguably one of the top Defensive backfields to ever be assembled, and you best believe they'll be getting after it, Manning will have to bring his A game to succeed.

As far as the Champ/Sherm comments, it is what it is, we'll let the play on the field do the talking. I must say i was very impressed with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie in your Championship game. Dude is a baller and i'm taking nothing away from him, but in all seriousness as good as he's played, i doubt either of your starting corners cracks our starting lineup...

anyhoo, good luck to you Bronco fans, should be a great game, one for the ages.....

Thanks for the warm welcome. It should definitely be a good game.

I've seen the last few days around here how everybody keeps going on and on about the defenses Peyton has faced this year. Look guys, most of us Broncos fans realize that. LOL. Peyton has gone against some weaksauce D's this year, including Oakland twice.

As far as "earning" the championship, in my opinion as a Broncos fan, I'd have it no other way than to play Seattle. If Denver is the greatest offense in NFL history (total points scored in a single season), there's nobody else I'd rather play in the superbowl than the #1 defense in the league. If we can put up enough points on that defense to win, I feel we will have "earned" the ring.

Largent80

Reaction score
I swear, if you listened to media we are the Seattle Shermans.

I hope everybody looks only at him because we have excellent players all over this defense.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Speaking of class, Bailey is about to be taken to class. There is a reason he wasn't starting for most of the season and Russell and co. are about to remind bronco fans why.

Miile High

Reaction score
rideaducati":3cc1zohf said:
Speaking of class, Bailey is about to be taken to class. There is a reason he wasn't starting for most of the season .

yeah...because he had a foot injury...

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Miile High":1i7pu1lp said:
rideaducati":1i7pu1lp said:
Speaking of class, Bailey is about to be taken to class. There is a reason he wasn't starting for most of the season .

yeah...because he had a foot injury...
I thought he had Alzheimer's.

OP
OP
B

Broncos

Reaction score
Champs got one more good game left in him. Might as well be the Super Bowl!
Not sure that he's going to be as much of an impact as he did in his prime, but I can't put it past him that he has some key deflections and a pivotal interception left in him.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Miile High":9qpr0jy5 said:
CPHawk":9qpr0jy5 said:
Hawknballs":9qpr0jy5 said:

I've read some of their threads, and it's a joke. None of them have actually looked at facts or stats , they just spout what they here the talking heads say.

Yeah, because a few people's opinions on internet forums represents the entire fanbase.

Weeeeellllllllllllll given that the scenario you just quoted is predicated on my willingness to register and join in the forum conversation, it was sort of implied that I was referring to the Bronco Fans on internet forums.

I'll be more specific next time. the air is obviously very thin up there. I expect it'll take longer for you guys to make the proper environmental adaptations to the THC in the already diluted atmosphere.