Browner's year long suspension off the table?

Jville

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":8owuosoc said:
Just heard Clayton on radio. 1 year off table. They have had three days of hearings which just rapped up. He will sue them and Clayton thinks he has a very good chance to win if it goes that far.

Good to hear there will be a lawsuit. I would hope the individual who created this mess will also be named is the lawsuit. I also hope it will prove to be unusually expensive.

themunn

Reaction score
heffmanhere":3bn68irw said:
It means he won't sit out for the year. It probably also infers that the league wants to suspend him for a few games but that BB maintains a fine is all he believes he should have to pay. Right now it looks like posturing. Maybe they settle on a two game suspension and move on.

The bigger question at this point would be do games missed due to injury count against any suspended games he is told to sit out?

Yes, but NOT the games he's already missed - as suspension means he's not allowed contact with the team or into the facilities - as he was on the sidelines at the game last night that's quite obviously not been implemented at the moment

Jville

Reaction score
I'd also like to see a published apology from the league. If it is appropriate for the Washington Redskins, why not Brandon Browner and the Seattle Seahawks?

ivotuk

Reaction score
themunn":1724zz63 said:
heffmanhere":1724zz63 said:
It means he won't sit out for the year. It probably also infers that the league wants to suspend him for a few games but that BB maintains a fine is all he believes he should have to pay. Right now it looks like posturing. Maybe they settle on a two game suspension and move on.

The bigger question at this point would be do games missed due to injury count against any suspended games he is told to sit out?

Yes, but NOT the games he's already missed - as suspension means he's not allowed contact with the team or into the facilities - as he was on the sidelines at the game last night that's quite obviously not been implemented at the moment

Actually Pete said they changed that rule in the last CBA and are "allowing us to take care of them." The way I understand it is the CBA says it is better for suspended players to be around their team mates while serving their suspension. They just lose game checks. I could be wrong.

HawkGANG

Reaction score
seahawks08":30hw5ze9 said:
12thManNorth":30hw5ze9 said:
Probably gonna get shredded for this, but is missing Browner really that terrible of a thing ? If anything I'd want him back more for depth reasons in case somebody else gets hurt rather than to get him back in the starting lineup right away when healthy. Said it on Twitter, one could argue that when he plays at least this year, 75% of the big yardage passing plays or PI calls could be attributed to him.

Last 2 yrs without Browner : 8-0, winning by an average score of 36-10

He is part of the hard hitting identity of the Seahawks. He has experience playing away games, we need added depth during playoffs. We can't afford to lose anyone, besides when nobody was believing the Seahawks, he made an impact and being part of the Legion of boom. Sidelining him does not make sense. Even taking the emotions out, the coaches and his team mates believe in him. Not letting him play even when he is allowed and medically cleared would impact the locker room considering they are very tight knit.

Well said.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Jville":rljkwg61 said:
I'd also like to see a published apology from the league. If it is appropriate for the Washington Redskins, why not Brandon Browner and the Seattle Seahawks?

Yep. Then after that, I can see it now.... All the threads demanding all of us who were mad at Browner to "eat crow", "man up" ect... It's coming

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":iu1bbk9b said:
Jville":iu1bbk9b said:

Yep. Then after that, I can see it now.... All the threads demanding all of us who were mad at Browner to "eat crow", "man up" ect... It's coming

lol probably. I still think Browner is a tad overrated on here. Hes a good corner but nothing we cant replace. I wonder if he would come back next year for a cheap deal. If not than I hope we just move on from him.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":rrjvcg6q said:
Tech Worlds":rrjvcg6q said:
Jville":rrjvcg6q said:

lol probably. I still think Browner is a tad overrated on here. Hes a good corner but nothing we cant replace. I wonder if he would come back next year for a cheap deal. If not than I hope we just move on from him.

I'd love him back on a cheap deal. I can see him being really helpful as a backup safety if God forbid we had an injury at safety.

He's versatile. Plus the other members of the LOB absolutely love him. Good for chemistry.

Jville

Reaction score
If Browner secures a meaningful settlement, he can afford to provide a significate home town discount. Working around the cap. LOL

OrFan

Reaction score
I find it so funny how short the memories of a lot of people are. Early in the season we saw WT3 playing well and everyone was saying he should start instead of Browner. People were using the old group think thing and saying he was not that good, we were better without him. He goes on the field and does his normal play and blows people away with just how fast and physical he really is, and everyone shuts up. Same thing happening again.

Browner is the clear starter on the right side of the field. We have great backups that can take over if needed, and that is great, but there is no question Browner is the starter.

chris98251

Reaction score
Browner is the Boom factor, Kam makes the hits but Browner brings the Boom, Boldin and Crabtree type players that he can match up with and physically take them out of their game as much as Sherm takes them out mentally. We seen in Washington last year, the playoffs and games like last night that are meaningful the officials let the guys play more, the deeper we get the more he can use his tools to dominate.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3m5ad04p said:
Jville":3m5ad04p said:

You mean IRT those posts that called him an embarrasing "druggie" for taking a few tokes? LMAO!

Had to pull that chain, cuz that's how I roll. (;¬_¬)

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":4b14tnfm said:
Tech Worlds":4b14tnfm said:
Jville":4b14tnfm said:

You mean IRT those posts that called him an embarrasing "druggie" for taking a few tokes? LMAO!

Roll on Bro! I still think he flunked a test which does show he's a druggiee! It's all good though. I hope he can make it back somehow.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":y56y8n6q said:
HawKnPeppa":y56y8n6q said:
Tech Worlds":y56y8n6q said:
Jville":y56y8n6q said:

Roll on Bro! I still think he flunked a test which does show he's a druggiee! It's all good though. I hope he can make it back somehow.
That's not correct. Factually, he failed no test. He failed to take a test, because he didn't know he was supposed to. That's the basis of his whole argument and lawsuit.

OP
OP
Tech Worlds

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2n0cvn4w said:
Tech Worlds":2n0cvn4w said:
HawKnPeppa":2n0cvn4w said:
Tech Worlds":2n0cvn4w said:
Jville said:

That's not correct. Factually, he failed no test. He failed to take a test, because he didn't know he was supposed to. That's the basis of his whole argument and lawsuit.

I think he failed a recent test and that is what got this entire ball rolling and triggered the 1 year suspension.

Polaris

Reaction score
Silver is hypothetically an NFL employee reporting from NFL sources, so tell me what NFL Office that Browner can go to in order to get his reputation back? For that matter, what NFL office disciplines one of their own for violating NFL confidentiality rules?

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Defamation of character is a big deal. Silver should friggging be keel hauled for his part in this witch hunt.

Defamation:
Any intentional false communication, either written or spoken, that harms a person's reputation; decreases the respect, regard, or confidence in which a person is held; or induces disparaging, hostile, or disagreeable opinions or feelings against a person.

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":3jyielf9 said:
themunn":3jyielf9 said:
heffmanhere":3jyielf9 said:

Actually Pete said they changed that rule in the last CBA and are "allowing us to take care of them." The way I understand it is the CBA says it is better for suspended players to be around their team mates while serving their suspension. They just lose game checks. I could be wrong.

For substance abuse - they are allowed the team as that is supposed to keep them from going off the rails

For PED (which this is not) - NOT allowed around the team

Latest posts