Browner's year long suspension off the table?

Schadie001

Reaction score
Erebus":zxvdxgco said:
Being in the Air Force, I've had to do urinalysis duty (aka sausage watch) many times. Assuming the procedure is similar, Browner would have to inspect the cup first before accepting it. If it was broken, he either would've noticed before accepting it, or intentionally broke it himself.

I just retired from the AF in 2012 (20 years) and can tell you that drug testing in the private sector is laughable compared to what we endured in the military. I had to get tested when I was hired at a National Laboratory and then once since I've been employed there. It is nothing like the military. They give you a cup, have you wash your hands, then go into the bathroom by yourself. You do your business, bring the cup out to the official, hand it to them. They put the tamper proof tape on it, have you inspect it and away you go. Nobody watches you as you give the sample like in the AF, they waiting for you outside. I've tested at 2 different facilities and they were both the same and both laughable compared to what we had to do in the military. Where someone literally is standing right next to you watching you go into the cup. They also have a mirror (like a rear view mirror) pointing down so the observer can see a good top shot of what you are doing.

m0ng0

Reaction score
haha, when I was in, after you did your business you had to hold your cup business over your head and walk it up to the stage as ours was done in the base movie theater. ahhhh good times :D

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
m0ng0":43iwikst said:
haha, when I was in, after you did your business you had to hold your cup business over your head and walk it up to the stage as ours was done in the base movie theater. ahhhh good times :D
Lol. To pass the test did they make you balance the specimen on your head while you walked up to the stage?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I hope Browner sues the bejesus out of the NFL and Rog Goodell! Would love to see both the NFL and Rog take some serious damage because of this.

jdblack

Reaction score
Schadie001":2ncjfzs2 said:
Erebus":2ncjfzs2 said:
Being in the Air Force, I've had to do urinalysis duty (aka sausage watch) many times. Assuming the procedure is similar, Browner would have to inspect the cup first before accepting it. If it was broken, he either would've noticed before accepting it, or intentionally broke it himself.

I just retired from the AF in 2012 (20 years) and can tell you that drug testing in the private sector is laughable compared to what we endured in the military. I had to get tested when I was hired at a National Laboratory and then once since I've been employed there. It is nothing like the military. They give you a cup, have you wash your hands, then go into the bathroom by yourself. You do your business, bring the cup out to the official, hand it to them. They put the tamper proof tape on it, have you inspect it and away you go. Nobody watches you as you give the sample like in the AF, they waiting for you outside. I've tested at 2 different facilities and they were both the same and both laughable compared to what we had to do in the military. Where someone literally is standing right next to you watching you go into the cup. They also have a mirror (like a rear view mirror) pointing down so the observer can see a good top shot of what you are doing.

I thought I read something about NFL testing being similar to what you describe, where the administrator watches. Maybe it was account of Sherman's mishandled testing?

CANHawk

Reaction score
Schadie001":3hkr6yvr said:
Erebus":3hkr6yvr said:

What the hell do you have to do wrong to get assigned piss watching duty..?

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
m0ng0":39uwy7m3 said:

In my first test, within an hour of arriving in San Diego, 1985 I set the cup on the top of the can, then flushed, accidentally knocking the small container in during the flush. It was small enough to actually get in there but got stuck. The administrator screamed at me to retrieve it and made me stick my hand in there which only pushed it in further. He then rolled up his sleeves and reached in to no avail.

They sent me off to do other business and I did only to find him waiting for me to go again. I couldn't do it, I stood there holding my junk for 15 minutes with these guys watching. Of course back then these things were officially labeled and they didn't have a way to make another label anyways. It was a big deal to have the label so I was dismissed. Not without a very pissed off CPO screaming "YOU WILL PEE FOR ME DICKED UP RECRUIT".

3 weeks later while marching on the grinder, the same guy interrupted our drill to make me piss in the container, in the wide open area in front of the entire company. He was Filipino (common in the Navy back then) and he demanded I fill the container, stop midstream and not get a drop on the grinder. I did not disappoint. However while trying to put the lid on the container the CPO dropped it, spilling piss on the grinder.

This of course generated laughter that the CPO did not appreciate. While threatening to get my pee yet again, my Company Commander, also a Chief went off on the guy and told him to get off "his" grinder, then proceeded to mash us in honor of the disturbance I created, earning me the title of Captain Piss Patrol for the remaining several weeks of Basic Training.

dradee

Reaction score
F U NFL , I really hope the players union fully supports BB! We are with you Brandon!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
CANHawk":3tb0944t said:
Schadie001":3tb0944t said:
Erebus":3tb0944t said:

What the hell do you have to do wrong to get assigned piss watching duty..?
Make King Rog mad.

Latest posts