Browner's year long suspension off the table?

kearly

Reaction score
jdblack":139xtehw said:
At this point the NFL probably doesn't give a @#$& anymore how long Browner is suspended from an NFL/competitiveness viewpoint. However, from a legal standpoint, the more favorable to Browner the settlement is, the easier it will be for him to sue the NFL afterwards for defamation. Just hypothetically, if the NFL completely lets Browner off the hook then they are full-on admitting to defamation of character. I don't know if it's legally possible for the NFL to keep parts of the settlement secret, but if it is then I wouldn't be surprised if there is monetary compensation included paired with a clause that Browner agrees not to sue. Less negative publicity for the NFL that way.

This is counter-intuitive.

belizehawkfan

Reaction score
Browner was a limited participant in practice today. He could play Sunday, I'm sure he will be doubtful but it will be interesting to see what the NFL does if the Hawks plan to have him suit up.

Basis4day

Reaction score
belizehawkfan":3mqw0jja said:
Browner was a limited participant in practice today. He could play Sunday, I'm sure he will be doubtful but it will be interesting to see what the NFL does if the Hawks plan to have him suit up.

Doesn't change anything. While his appeal is pending he is free to suit up and play just like Sherman last year. Same reason he was allowed on the sidelines Monday.

Axx

Reaction score
lmao since when do "Unions" care about the people they are suppose to represent????

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Axx":1fck0zbf said:
lmao since when do "Unions" care about the people they are suppose to represent????
Most of them since always. Without turning this into a huge political discussion, Don't always believe what you read/hear from the corporate media.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":15utyib2 said:
Axx":15utyib2 said:
Most of them since always. Without turning this into a huge political discussion, Don't always believe what you read/hear from the corporate media.

Contrary to what you may read or hear, corporate media isn't always blame for everything to disagree with. Some unions do care, some don't. However, i believe that the players union, if they don't actually care, are obligated legally to support their players. But they don't have to care to do that :snack:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":zy7lsyu7 said:
Axx":zy7lsyu7 said:
Most of them since always.........
This. If you've not been a member of a union, you wouldn't know. Mine got my job back after a wrongful termination. It was so wrongful that the two managers most responsible for it have since been fired for incompitance and both were 30+ year company employees. Would have never happened without my union backing me. I'd love to continue but this is the wrong forum.

As for BB, as I said on another thread I have the feeling like several others on these boards that they have already tried to get him to accept a reduced suspension of 4 games and he basically told them to go f&%* themselves. As reported he's wanting no games. My guess is now the NFL is scrambling because he's threatening a defimantion suit because this was wrongly leaked in the first place and wrongly stated as a PED suspension within that leak. The leak, as has been mentioned on several threads here was by an NFL employee. He's got the NFL by the balls and they know it. At this point I'm guessing they're begging him to accept a 2 game suspesion so they can save face and he's still telling them to go to hell. The delay IMO is because they figure if they hold out long enough he'll cave and save face for them. More than likely he's going to, at some point this week, tell them to let him off with only game checks lost as mentioned above or the suit will be filed by he and his (union) lawyers.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":adbvvbc5 said:
Axx":adbvvbc5 said:

Stop listening to Rolands ramblings and regurgitating them.

Oh please, Ive been a memebr of two different unions and my brother was a member of the union in question. they are as useless as tits on a tomcat.

chris98251

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":3o7f6qad said:
CALIHAWK1":3o7f6qad said:
Axx":3o7f6qad said:

Oh please, Ive been a memebr of two different unions and my brother was a member of the union in question. they are as useless as tits on a tomcat.

Some are, some are not. Many Unions are almost as bad as the corperations they have members in. Self promoting and non transparent. They take your dues and the only time you ehar anything is come contract time. Others and there are few will still go head to head with companies instead of the constant compromise approach, compromise means take backs and reductions in benefits and increased employee cost.

Many times represented as taking completly by a company while the Unions say ok rather then lose all we will take a lower percentage.

Some will still go against the grain because of the moral and the right thing to do aspect and not let management BULLY employees.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":5mv5t9wc said:
CALIHAWK1":5mv5t9wc said:
Axx":5mv5t9wc said:

Oh please, I've worked for five different companies in my field. Outside of one large company that paid/compensated employees well enough to prevent them from being union, all others needed representation. IMO a company that takes care of its employee's and doesn't have to worry about unions is best.

OrFan

Reaction score
Great, this turned into a thread about the old fashioned things called unions.

White Devil

Reaction score
Please tell me more of these unions you speak of...so interesting. Exactly what I came to this site to read about.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
OrFan":wpaa6oi8 said:
Great, this turned into a thread about the old fashioned things called unions.
Right? :roll: People, for the love of god, take this current talk to PM or the War/Politics/Religion forum. Every new post I keep hoping for news on Browner's possible suspension and all we see is this union drivel.

Anyone have any recent news on Browner?

chris98251

Reaction score
The league is usually very vocal and pretty swift to lay the lumber on fines and suspensions and then making it public. The fact that this has been going on a few weeks now and the league is so quiet screams of trying to save face without opening a can of worms that other players can use now and in the future. It also screams that Browner has a case and isn't going to be compromised as to have the league look better.