Bucs Restructures Brady's Deal

hawks85

Reaction score
Bucs restructures Brady's deal to sign rookies and possible free agents. This is something Wilson will never do because Wilson is about Wilson and this is also the reason the Broncos will never win a SB with Wilson as QB or any other team that decides to sign Wilson in the future. If Wilson wants to start acting like he's on Brady's level which he'll never ever be, he needs to start taking one for the team and free up some money on that overpaid contract that he's not even close to being worth. Wilson is a wolf in sheep clothing and I highly doubt that dude is even a bible thumping christian, it's all show.

Threedee

Reaction score
Wilson is young, and no one is in Brady's situation. He's arguably somewhere in the middle, sitting in-between Rodgers and Brady. Rodgers is being genuinely stupid and selfish with his contract demands, with zero possibility that the Packers will become more competitive.

John63

Reaction score
Bucs restructures Brady's deal to sign rookies and possible free agents. This is something Wilson will never do because Wilson is about Wilson and this is also the reason the Broncos will never win a SB with Wilson as QB or any other team that decides to sign Wilson in the future. If Wilson wants to start acting like he's on Brady's level which he'll never ever be, he needs to start taking one for the team and free up some money on that overpaid contract that he's not even close to being worth. Wilson is a wolf in sheep clothing and I highly doubt that dude is even a bible thumping christian, it's all show.
Rent free

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I'm going to guess that Brady did not take a paycut, but that he restructured the contract so that he'll get paid out in future years which means a portion of his cap hit is moved to future years.

He still gets paid the same. I'm sure Wilson would have done the same thing if it was needed but Seattle generally does not like to structure their contracts like that.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I'm going to guess that Brady did not take a paycut, but that he restructured the contract so that he'll get paid out in future years which means a portion of his cap hit is moved to future years.

He still gets paid the same. I'm sure Wilson would have done the same thing if it was needed but Seattle generally does not like to structure their contracts like that.
Isn’t he a free agent after this year.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Isn’t he a free agent after this year.
Yes, but his last contract extension he signed in 2021 included like 4 voidable years through 2026. Again, it's a guess of mine, but I'm thinking they just took some of his 2022 cap hit and moved it into those 4 voidable years (or added even more voidable years). It helps create space now, but could potentially make 2023-2026 rough for the buccaneers with free agent spending since a portion of their allotted cap amount will be tied to Tom Brady's old contract.

I might have worded myself wrong in that he gets "paid out" in future years. It looks like he's fully paid now, but it's the cap hit which is spread out to future years. So for Tom and Buc's it's really just a change in accounting.

Last edited:

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
A non Seahawks player restructures and that information is used as comparison to another non Seahawks player. Maybe out on a limb but this doesnt seem overtly Seahawk related. Thread moved.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I always though Kraft was just paying Tom under the table all those years when he'd take those discounts. I think his wife is worth more than he is so there is that too. Since I never heard of Ciara before she got with Wilson and pop stars are a dime a dozen id suspect he is the bread winner of the house. Brady does just want to win though it seems.

OP
OP
H

hawks85

Reaction score
Wilson is young, and no one is in Brady's situation. He's arguably somewhere in the middle, sitting in-between Rodgers and Brady. Rodgers is being genuinely stupid and selfish with his contract demands, with zero possibility that the Packers will become more competitive.
Rodgers is the same way but Rodgers is actually a really good QB and I can't stand Rodgers because he's so god damn arrogant. Wilson has it set in his short little head that he's a top tier QB in the league and he's not even close. I never ever liked Wilson or his backyard style of playing QB. I'll gladly take a under developed Drew Locke over Wilson any day of the week and 2x on Sunday. Wilson never won us a SB, he rode the coat tails of arguably the greatest Defense in NFL history. Wilson doesn't have the tools or play style to take a team to the SB on his own.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
You all know a team can restructure a contract right?
they don't need a players ok and it's not a paycut.
It does handcuff to the contract longer in a cap sense.
The Hawks did not restructure Russ last season for the
reason of being able to trade his ass.
Had they restructured?The trade doesn't happen.

rcaido

Reaction score
His wife makes more money then Brady. You also have to factor in that Brady's dad is a billionaire.

Then of course, Wilson has restructure his contract before...He did it back couple years to keep Duane Brown. He was also on record that he wanted to restructure last year, but the Seahawks chose not to go that route.

Not sure what's worse, a woman scorned or scorned fans

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Brady’s dad lives in a middle class neighborhood that’s sorta nice. If he was a billionaire, I suspect he’d be buying some exclusive nfl worthy propert, like the one Russell is in.

John63

Reaction score

It was well established Wilson and Wagner approached PC about redoing their contracts