• Yep!

Votes: 95 71.4%
  • Not this year.

Votes: 38 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve2222

Reaction score
Yes. More than likely finish 10-6, 11-5 if KC rests starters week 16. 10 wins is good enough for the 6 seed this year.

Fade

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":36q4n4ef said:
My prediction for the ledger:

- Seahawks go 10-6 (sweep the remaining 5 NFC games, lose shootout vs. KC)
- #5 Seahawks beat #4 Cowboys in front of Al and Cris on S(aturday)NF.
- #5 Seahawks then unfortunately go to #1 New Orleans and get trucked.

That is a very realistic scenario.

I'm rooting for the #6 seed to win their game as well so they get to go to the #2 Rams, pull it off, then go and get trucked by the Saints.

#6 NFCN vs #3 NFCN --> #6 NFCN vs #1 Saints
.....................................................................................> # 5 Seahawks vs #1 Saints.
#5 SEA vs #4 DAL -> #5 SEA vs. #2 Rams

Next year can be Seattle's year. They are bringing mostly everybody back. They just need to add a couple of D-Lineman in UFA, and stack that with another good draft class, and they are golden.

They are on the verge of being contenders again.

justafan

Reaction score
I say yes.My expectations were low which made this season a lot more enjoyable than the last couple. I think the GB game was a big win against a better team (even tho the records not great) which starts them on a run. I would love to see them play the Rams again.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
rjas77":3raackkp said:
Ad Hawk":3raackkp said:
I said no, mainly because I don't trust our defense to improve enough to get the job done. If we were holding team to 13-17 points? Then, yes, the way the offense is rolling now, I think we would.

But then again, if we'd played that way on D thus far, we wouldn't be having this thread, would we? Instead we'd be discussing our seeding as division winners.

OK...Which team in the NFC has consistently held their opponents to 17 points or less? With a few untimely holding calls or missed plays one can argure we're 7 and 3, perhaps 8-2

No team is consistently doing so, but the LOB used to. I don't think we have the experience as a complete Defense yet to limit opponent's damage. That's my point.

We're not a bad team, and rushing yards combined with Russ's otherworld efficiency give us a chance. I'm just not optimistic this year.

Next year? Bring it on!

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2dqfboif said:
My prediction for the ledger:

- Seahawks go 10-6 (sweep the remaining 5 NFC games, lose shootout vs. KC)
- #5 Seahawks beat #4 Cowboys in front of Al and Cris on S(aturday)NF.
- #5 Seahawks then unfortunately go to #1 New Orleans and get trucked.

I see this as spot on for the optomistic prediction.

rjas77

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":1d8hxi28 said:
No team is consistently doing so,

and that's my point.

First step: Make it to the post season..

Next step: Play the game

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This team will go 10-6 with that one loss being vs Chiefs or Panthers.

I’m hoping Saints, Rams, Bears continue to win out. I want Saints/Rams fighting for that #1 spot until the very very end. Bears just winning the NFC North. I rather not have Dallas win the East because our tiebreaker if needed is rendered useless. For instance, in a scenario Dallas wins the East: Seahawks lose to the Panthers, and let’s say Seahawks, Redskins, and Panthers all end up 9-7 with Vikings going 8-7-1 (and every other wildcard contender for that matter with no more than 8 wins) I believe Seahawks would be the odd man out.

But again I think if the Seahawks win out and only drop the game vs Chiefs, they’re are in the Playoffs no matter what.

I did have this team going 11-5, and that’s still on the table.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I think we will... And i think we can beat any team in a 1 game playoff.... Literally a stop here, or this or that in either rams game we win..... Running games travel and take time from the elite offenses.... Our D is getting better week by week.... If we get in... Anything can happen .

BlueThunder

Reaction score
We need to take out the Vikes or the Chiefs, as well as handle the 9ers and Cards gimme games. I don't see us beating the Chiefs, and the Vikes, uh, It's possible I guess. We may squeak in by our chinny chin chins...

nwHawk

Reaction score
The team needs to keep improving the pass rush and offensive consistency on 3rd downs, but Yeah I think they make it this year. So let it be written, so let it be done!

Polaris

Reaction score
We still have an uphill battle, but looking ahead at our schedule, I like our chances. It's noteworthy that we play the Chiefs on week 16 and it's quite possible that their AFC playoff spot will have been completely locked by then.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
After tonights game it's going to come down to the Carolina game. KC won't be resting players.

We lose to Caroline then it's probably a no go as we'll likely lose to one of KC or Minnesota. If we beat Carolina than I think we go 4 of 5 the rest of the way and finish 10-6.

knownone

Reaction score
Mad Dog":282bhein said:
After tonights game it's going to come down to the Carolina game. KC won't be resting players.

We lose to Caroline then it's probably a no go as we'll likely lose to one of KC or Minnesota. If we beat Carolina than I think we go 4 of 5 the rest of the way and finish 10-6.
After watching KC tonight I'm not at all afraid of them. Seattle would have controlled the time of possession and those Mahomes turnovers would have absolutely killed KC. Seriously, the Hawks win that game by 10+ if they were in the Rams shoes.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
knownone":ide4k3kb said:
After watching KC tonight I'm not at all afraid of them. Seattle would have controlled the time of possession and those Mahomes turnovers would have absolutely killed KC. Seriously, the Hawks win that game by 10+ if they were in the Rams shoes.

The 51 points that they hung on the team that beat us twice wasnt enough to concern you? Granted, teams with winning records are only averaging 29 points a game against us (thats a lot), but come on man. We should probably beat at least one team with a winning record before proclaiming a win over a team like KC.

I still see us at 8-8 and at the best, maybe a 1st round win if we're lucky and sneak into the playoffs. Nothing more than that. If Carolina beats us, that will pretty much cement the 'can beat the bottom feeders, but cant beat the upper tier' stigma for the Hawks.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I think that Alex Smith injury could haunt us. It clearly gives Dallas the edge on winning the NFCE, a team that we would hold the tiebreaker on if they were a wildcard contender (like Pandion said).

That being said, we have two games left against probable “in the hunt” wildcard contenders and it’s paramount to hold the head to head tiebreaker against them both. If we beat Carolina, I think we have a fair shot. If we don’t, I don’t like our odds. I think KC will be playing for either HFA or maybe even their division (LAC), so it will be a battle. I think that Denver game is the one we all will wish we could have back, it’s interesting to note that every single loss besides DEN has been to a legitimate SB contender.

I think we finish 9-7 and barely miss the playoffs, hopefully I’m wrong.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And the Rams worship continues, even w/very little defense, and on a Hawks page. :?
Saints are gonna' thump them in the playoffs.

Go Hawks

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1ty8f8ii said:
And the Rams worship continues, even w/very little defense, and on a Hawks page. :?

Go Hawks

I had to read the thread again, but who or where did you get somebody worshipping the Rams from Soul? I dont think anybody is worshipping them or have claimed they are the heavy favorites to win it all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":38qqb716 said:
SoulfishHawk":38qqb716 said:

Go Hawks

I had to read the thread again, but who or where did you get somebody worshipping the Rams from Soul? I dont think anybody is worshipping them or have claimed they are the heavy favorites to win it all.

Soulfish is the king of the strawman statements, he throws out a narrative no one here believes in order to defend his beloved Hawks.

I think it's cute, it's grown on me. Don't you ever change Soulfish!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I am what I am. And it's just a fan site, don't really care who likes or dislikes me. If we met in person and had a beer, you'd find out I'm a good dude. But, I'm fully aware that I exaggerate often.
And the Rams worship is strong worldwide :lol:
But, if you haven't seen people crowning them champs even before the season, I'm not sure what you're reading or listening to. Plenty of people have been crowning them all year. Plus, I hate them, so I'm naturally going to exaggerate :stirthepot: