Chances Bevell is let go after the season? Poll

Chances Bevell is let go after the season?

• Gone

Votes: 12 10.5%
  • Probably

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 32 28.1%
  • Staying

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters

nwHawk

Reaction score
Maybe, Pete is very loyal.

I'd put him on notice that I expect our team to start each game as if we actually prepared for the other team!

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Pete won't let him go. He should, but only if a viable replacement is available. That way next year we can watch as bubble screens don't work, we call long developing plays behind yet again an atrocious undercoached line, won't utilize graham as a monster TE but instead as a blocker because the line sucks and bevell has to have the 5 second routes.

Why would you ever go back to 3 receivers on hot routes, line working one direction so they don't miss assignments moving the pocket so Russ can get outside easier. It worked the last half of last year, but bevell has decided to go back to the old ways as though he has an OL that is normal.

Until he actually gameplans for the team we actually have on the field, we will have seasons like this. Pete is too far removed now from the college game to have the inside track on the draft. The high paid defense we have now is the best we will see. Might get lucky on a udfa, but Both draft and FA have not produced what we have needed the last few years. We have Thomas hurt bad, Lockett hurt bad, Rawls constantly injured, Kam is touch and go.

Wagner and wright are beasting right now.

Clark has been a pretty good pickup, but is hot and cold

Graham is spectacular, but Bevell cant figure out how to use him consistently

Baldwin is great, but has not been the baldwin we saw at the end of last year

Kearse is kearse

RW has not been very accurate in most of the games this year. I always thought he was underrated in this regard.

Sherm has been pretty decent overall. Beat a few times, but no one is perfect. He is one of the most consistent we have

Bennett is my favorite player but he is have a tough time getting in the backfield and is going to cost a lot if we keep him

Overall, we have a good team that could be great. OL, line coach and OC have been mainly what has held us back. We have had injuries, but every team does and that is just part of this game so not an excuse in my mind. Development of backup and good drafting are a part of coaching that needs to be addressed as well I have only ever been a seahawks fan. When we suck again, they will still be my team just like when we sucked before. I am just frustrated because in the 30 years I have watched this team, I have never been this enamored by the talent level, and get incredibly frustrated when it is not working. Coaches should have a bit more leeway than players, but Bevell has been an issue for some time now, with the players, fans and media/ex players. If you think he is not a major issue with our offensive problems, then you are not paying attention.

I think the players need to have a meeting after this season, both offense and defense together, and present their concerns with pete. Show him that the team is unified and ready to win, but ask pete for the help they need to do so. If they decide bevell and or cable are keepers, then I trust the teams judgement. I love Pete, and he is a smart guy who has not only studied the game, but also leadership characteristics and principles. He knows there is an issue with the coaching, he has to. Maybe it is some of his principles he will have to look at as well.

If they continue to finish the season like they have played 80% of the games this year, they are going to have to look at making some changes.

Atradees

Reaction score
This offense is terrible. Russell Wilson could be the greatest QB ever. Not with this philosophy of touting Tom Cable and Bevell. Jimmy Graham wasted......Superb Owl......not this year. All this political behavior. If Tom is so good how did we get to this?

Sigh.............sadness.

seedhawk

Reaction score
Since PC has been our coach, how many assistants has he booted out? Only one I remember was Bates. All the rest who left moved on to other opportunities or up the ladder. Draw conclusions from historical data.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
seedhawk":1lwtam4x said:
Since PC has been our coach, how many assistants has he booted out? Only one I remember was Bates. All the rest who left moved on to other opportunities or up the ladder. Draw conclusions from historical data.
Q: Since 2012, how many years in a row have the Hawks made the playoffs?

A: FIVE!

Q: How many years was it before that time, to reach five playoff appearances?

A: ALL OF IT! 35 freaking years.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete will not let fans and players decide who stays and who goes, as stated he is loyal to a fault, Bates and he butted heads on philosophy and was why he was shown the door.

If anything we will see players go before one of his staff.

I think Pete needs to take a good look at his own trends and adjust them, the league has caught up to what we do as far as players and schemes. Still think Bevell is a lousy game day play caller, but it's also on Cable and Pete.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
chris98251":1hmje9zf said:
Pete will not let fans and players decide who stays and who goes, as stated he is loyal to a fault, Bates and he butted heads on philosophy and was why he was shown the door.

Like it or not, that is absolutely the PC way.

My guess is that, like PC who began way before many of these players went to nursery school, Bevell will be coaching for a long time after our current players have dropped out of the game. Player careers are important but a relative blip on these coachs' screens over the long term.

nash72

Reaction score
If he wasnt canned after the superbowl loss, he wont be canned now. Pete is loyal to a fault and Bevell is the greatest example. Pete would need to go in order to get rid of Bevell.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
LeftHandSmoke":2zn12xa7 said:
chris98251":2zn12xa7 said:

Like it or not, that is absolutely the PC way.

My guess is that, like PC who began way before many of these players went to nursery school, Bevell will be coaching for a long time after our current players have dropped out of the game. Player careers are important but a relative blip on these coachs' screens over the long term.

I'm going to disagree slightly. While I agree that PC is loyal to a fault, and Pete isn't about to let fans dictate how he coaches entirely I do think he as well as the organization are realistic. If, and I say if because if there is a quality playoff run I think Pete can make it go away, but if the season ends in a fizzle and the offense sputters there are going to be a lot of questions about Bevell again. He made them go away once with the superbowl debacle. He's put them out again when Beast had his problems with him and now he's got another high profile player with problems, and who knows potentially 2 if the Graham stuff isn't just hyped up forum stuff. The money is largely tied up there are going to be no sexy high end acquisitions to distract fans and they need to sell this team to the fan base, at the end of the day it is entertainment and we are the audience. I don't think you can sputter thru a playoff performance on offense and say there's no big changes coming come there but we'll be better and have people buy in without a change somewhere and his lives and petes saves may eventually have run out. Just my feeling on it. Now the playoffs go well or the offense does well and the defense sputters and the conversation spills away from DB then we may not see anything but if this is the anemic hawk offense we've seen at points this year I think we're in for a wild offseason.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
After our second half surge last season, expectations for this offense were high, and rightly so, in my opinion. To end outside even the top half of the league should be a fireable offense. SHOULD be. But it won't.

Division champions don't fire coordinators, unfortunately.

Our only hope is a XLIX-calibur gaff in the playoffs that damn near starts a riot, which is a conflicting thing to hope for, haha.

I hope this team finds a way to learn from past and potential mistakes instead of suffering through more, though I'm not optimistic.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Outside from being offered a head coaching job, he'll be here next year. And aside from a handful of plays almost every game (which every team demonstrates as well, almost every game) I'm beginning to think Cable is the far greater problem.

How many of the "bone-headed" play calls that we see actually work for a first down or touchdown if there's enough blocking to execute them to completion? My guess: a whole lot more than we think. Maybe not enough, but a lot more, anyway.

flmmkrz

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2irwbu41 said:
Outside from being offered a head coaching job, he'll be here next year. And aside from a handful of plays almost every game (which every team demonstrates as well, almost every game) I'm beginning to think Cable is the far greater problem.

How many of the "bone-headed" play calls that we see actually work for a first down or touchdown if there's enough blocking to execute them to completion? My guess: a whole lot more than we think. Maybe not enough, but a lot more, anyway.

guess everyones got their own scapegoat.