Changing of the Guard

Chawker

Reaction score
Traditionally, the defences start off slightly ahead of the offences, this is due to the timing of receivers and there routes. This may not be the case with the 2015 Seattle Seahawks.
With Cam and Earl coming off surgeries and Shems not so sure about his elbow could leave our defence in grave risk of getting shelled early in the season. There is greater optimism for our offence however, (Wilson to Gramham) But, our offensive line is the greatest mistory, outside our two tackles everbody is new and untested.
I can't wait to sea our boys hit the field come friday against the broncos.
GO SEAHAWKS!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Kam didnt have any surgery done.

And I doubt Sherman is anything less than 90% if not 100%.

Thomas is a trooper.

Right now I would put all the worry towards Simon and Lane both of whom are still on the PUP.

And the fact that they traded for Seisay and moved McNiel doesnt look good for either coming back during TC.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
CBs Williams, Blackmon, and Seisay each had an INT in Saturday's scrimmage. Blackmon punctuated his INT with a 100-yard return for a TD.

"I want to leave the competition on here for the nickel spot, and Cary's got to push, too," Carroll said. "Cary's got all the experience you could ever want, but I don't want to just close the door on the other guys."

Carroll mentioned a few names battling Williams for the job at right cornerback: Blackmon; Simon, who Carroll expects back sooner rather than later; and the newly-acquired Mohammed Seisay, who recorded an impressive pick of Wilson on a deep ball intended for Graham. Fighting Blackmon at the nickel spot is third-year pro Marcus Burley, who worked behind Blackmon on Saturday, and rookie Tye Smith, who Carroll said has shown "really good coverage skills inside" during one-on-one drills.

http://www.seahawks.com/news/2015/08/08 ... -mock-game

netskier

Reaction score
Tye Smith was one shown being burned by Tyler Lockett the other day, so if those are good skills then Lockett is really good.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
netskier":2rfa58zt said:
Tye Smith was one shown being burned by Tyler Lockett the other day, so if those are good skills then Lockett is really good.

Carroll named Blackmon (who is mainly playing NCB), Simon (who has not been cleared to practice yet), and Seisay (who just got here) as competitors for the RCB position, but not Smith. He clearly listed Smith behind Blackmon and Burley at NCB, with Smith being "thrown in" at the position. You get that impression that Smith is on the outside looking in and practice-squad bound, unless he shows up big during the preseason.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
netskier":2boj96j6 said:
Dude, Lockett was Kansas State's entire offense which was totally run heavy. Everyone knew what was coming but he STILL performed. He's special and it doesn't take a person with loads of football knowledge to know it. He's pretty much like Russell Wilson but a wide receiver. Tye Smith isn't ready for his level of talent or skill.