Chris Clemons

rideaducati

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":5k6d3rt1 said:
ImTheScientist":5k6d3rt1 said:
Have bennett....time to release clem unless he takes a significant pay cut.
But don't you think he might be open to a restructure?

I think he would be willing to restructure, but the Seahawks have young guys waiting for their chance to play. It's getting close to the time to move on.

kidhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":edjxip28 said:
Hasselbeck":edjxip28 said:
MizzouHawkGal":edjxip28 said:
Make that 7.1 and a cap/team friendly deal why not give Chris a chance to do the same?

If he took a pay cut down to like.. 1 for $3M, 2 for $6M or something, then sure.. entertain that. He's owed 9.6 mil in 2014 though.. way too much for a near 33 year old DE coming off an ACL injury.
I'm talking about Bennett not Clemons. If it were me I would offer Clemons a restructure and if he refused? Cut him before that roster bonus.

Clemons doesn't have a roster bonus. He's only counting a pro rated portion of his signing bonus. It was Red Bryant who was due the large roster bonus. That is why we had to cut him sooner rather than later. Clemons is only due his salary and it's not guaranteed. As long as we are under the cap we don't NEED to cut him until just before the season and we can still get the same exact savings. There is lots of time to work out what they want to do with Clemons

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
kidhawk":1vmivsmt said:
MizzouHawkGal":1vmivsmt said:
Hasselbeck":1vmivsmt said:
MizzouHawkGal":1vmivsmt said:
Make that 7.1 and a cap/team friendly deal why not give Chris a chance to do the same?

If he took a pay cut down to like.. 1 for $3M, 2 for $6M or something, then sure.. entertain that. He's owed 9.6 mil in 2014 though.. way too much for a near 33 year old DE coming off an ACL injury.
I'm talking about Bennett not Clemons. If it were me I would offer Clemons a restructure and if he refused? Cut him before that roster bonus.

Clemons doesn't have a roster bonus. He's only counting a pro rated portion of his signing bonus. It was Red Bryant who was due the large roster bonus. That is why we had to cut him sooner rather than later. Clemons is only due his salary and it's not guaranteed. As long as we are under the cap we don't NEED to cut him until just before the season and we can still get the same exact savings. There is lots of time to work out what they want to do with Clemons
Ahh, okay so he's good unless we do something surprising in FA if I read this correctly?

kidhawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3cy9v83r said:
Ahh, okay so he's good unless we do something surprising in FA if I read this correctly?

Pretty much. We don't know what's happening behind the scenes....the team may be talking about an extension to get his cap number down and if it falls through he could get cut, or they can hold out and see where other money is spent in free agency and see how that fits in with the plan they have. He is due no contract money until his first game check, so the team can decide what they want to do anytime between now and September. Of course they may already have made that decision one way or the other and we just don't know.