Cincy.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
DavidSeven":62dafgxe said:
Cincy is only a -1 favorite at home, so a win is certainly realistic.

I love Cincy's weapons, but Dalton is Dalton, even if he does have a hot hand right now. He will revert to Dalton-ness at some point.

Just need to avoid the 10am lag. Hopefully, the week off helps Marshawn.

Truly.

I don't understand the logic of a fan base who has been spoiled for three straight seasons to somehow even need to question if a win anywhere is "realistic"

I'm really excited for this game for some reason.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
A short week on the road against a very good team with a balanced offense and a really fine pass rush = high embarrassment probability for Seahawks. Ball will really have to bounce our way to win. Most likely a double digit loss.

Just get the feeling we won't fire on all cylinders until late in the year, when the OL hopefully stabilizes.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3mccom1r said:
Cincy is only a -1 favorite at home, so a win is certainly realistic.

I love Cincy's weapons, but Dalton is Dalton, even if he does have a hot hand right now. He will revert to Dalton-ness at some point.

Just need to avoid the 10am lag. Hopefully, the week off helps Marshawn.

Incorrect. Cincy opened at-3.

seahawks08

Reaction score
Pete said today he preaches to give everything you got until the final whistle is blown. Anything is possible, we may not win in style but we can win ugly. I will go with a win.

RussB

Reaction score
Exittium":246vx633 said:
Wonder with burley having a busted thumb if Shead will stay as Nickel.. anyone notice how good or bad he did? I honestly didn't even notice burley was out until something was said.
He got burned on a big 3rd down. hes not bad but burley was better at nickel

Ozzy

Reaction score
We win. For whatever reason the O-Line plays better, defense keeps playing like they normally do and Wilson/Lynch play mad.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Just looking at scores for the 4 Bengal games, they look to have blown out 2 teams and narrowly defeated the other 2. What stands out is only beating the chargers at Cincy by 5. They have looked pretty dominant in what highlights I've seen, but still might just be one of this year's hot starting teams.

Big wins:
Week one: they blow out the Raiders. The Raiders have shown to have some potential, but week one is sort of a garbage pit and seems to have more "any given Sunday" results than most weeks.

Week four: They kill the chiefs. The chiefs are just not very good. Their only win was week one against the terrible Texans.

Bottom line: This seems a lot more winnable than @green bay seemed, and we hung in that game.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I think it will be our typical close hard fought battle that comes down to the wire as always. It seems we play all opponents no matter the quality the same........whether is down to struggling or up to the world beaters. I expect we will get behind early and battle back for a chance to win it in the 4th. Whether we win it or lose it will come down to the typical big OMG or OOPS.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
minormillikin":34b0o1c1 said:
Bottom line: This seems a lot more winnable than @green bay seemed, and we hung in that game.

We hang on in every game. We haven't been out of it by the fourth quarter in four years. The only question is whether we have that one extra drive/play that can put us over the top.

marko358

Reaction score
I know some folks were discussing this a week ago or so but is there any chance that Fox moves it to a later start for better ratings? Not sure which late afternoon games are scheduled on Fox this Sunday.

Edit: Just checked. The only other late game option worth noting on Fox is Cards at Lions.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
this is a true test imo. Cincy is fairly balanced and their D is going to come after RW after seeing the blueprint of how our o line is the worst in the history of football. I am afraid..hope Lynch plays or I can't see us winning this one...unless Dalton implodes which is entirely possible. Too tough to call really...would not have sad this a year ago.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1jgh2tz1 said:
this is a true test imo. Cincy is fairly balanced and their D is going to come after RW after seeing the blueprint of how our o line is the worst in the history of football. I am afraid..hope Lynch plays or I can't see us winning this one...unless Dalton implodes which is entirely possible. Too tough to call really...would not have sad this a year ago.

A year ago you thought we could walk into Cincy and win easily?

nrayorr

Reaction score
Optimus25":2fw285lr said:
We can only beat ourselves in the nfl.

Sadly we have Bevell for that.

OUCH! But I agree, have to give some blame to Cable as well.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
canfan":34ymeuuj said:
I don't know if it's Russel not changing the protection, or the line and backs not executing, but something has to change before this team can compete for a championship. I have not been this upset about the line play since the first 6 games of 2011.

Wilson/Nowak couldn't even change the protections to pick up a simple backside bandit, which the Lions brought ALL night. That's peewee stuff.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
marko358":3p3um0j6 said:
Can we start BJ Daniels since this isn't an NFC game? Don't want Wilson to leave on a stretcher for a game that doesn't mean much for playoff tiebreakers.
:34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

Chapow

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1qih48ib said:
Chapow":1qih48ib said:
Our defense has given up 3 points in the last 2 games. They're pretty good at football.

At home, against bad opponents.

On the road against good ones, they've given up 54.

Not saying it's impossible, but the Cincy win will be tough.

That was without Kam. Since Kam has been back, they have been very, very good. Kam makes a pretty big difference to our defense IMO.

I agree that it will be a tough game, but I like our chances with the way our defense has been playing since Kam came back.

Skookum

Reaction score
minormillikin":3k3ldrml said:
Just looking at scores for the 4 Bengal games, they look to have blown out 2 teams and narrowly defeated the other 2. What stands out is only beating the chargers at Cincy by 5. They have looked pretty dominant in what highlights I've seen, but still might just be one of this year's hot starting teams.

Big wins:
Week one: they blow out the Raiders. The Raiders have shown to have some potential, but week one is sort of a garbage pit and seems to have more "any given Sunday" results than most weeks.

Week four: They kill the chiefs. The chiefs are just not very good. Their only win was week one against the terrible Texans.

I agree, the Bengals have had a much better start to their season than us. We shouldn't be intimidated by the 4-0.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
We'll win, convincingly. Don't think the fixes are as big as some, just some really untimely, ugly football. It'll come together this week.

31-13 Hawks.

marko358

Reaction score
just read on Twitter that RW is 1-3 the week after MNF. His highest passer rating in those games is 60