Colts@Broncos

lsheldon

Reaction score
TXHawk":3rzxsbvw said:
Phteven":3rzxsbvw said:
I'm still wondering how he could say that no QB has ever been better in their first two years than Luck. That's crazy talk!

The correct answer to that is Dan Marino by a landslide.

Are you crazy? How was Marino better than Russell Wilson his first 2 years in the league?

Marino

1983 7-2 , 0-1 in playoffs (started 9 games in 1983)
1984 14-2 , 2-1 in playoffs

Wilson

2012 11-5 , 1-1 in playoffs
2013 13-3 , 3-0 in playoffs , Super Bowl Champion

bmorepunk

Reaction score
The Luck hate is beating out the Manning hate in this thread.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I don't think that Payton has too many strikes leftt in his arm but he can still throw touch passes to spots better than anyone else. The way we defended that was to keep the receivers from getting to those spots. It looks as if the Colts haven't figured that out yet.

marko358

Reaction score
I assume everyone in the media will anoint the Broncos as this year's super bowl winner after today's game.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
lsheldon":i7q73gct said:
TXHawk":i7q73gct said:
Phteven":i7q73gct said:
I'm still wondering how he could say that no QB has ever been better in their first two years than Luck. That's crazy talk!

Are you crazy? How was Marino better than Russell Wilson his first 2 years in the league?

Marino

1983 7-2 , 0-1 in playoffs

Wilson

Uh, have you seen Marino's numbers? His second year, he threw for 5084 yards in a pre-watered-down-defense league at 64% completion and with a 8.94 ANY/A - as in, adjusted for sack yards, INTs, and incompletions, he was throwing for almost nine yards per completion.

His first year wasn't as good as Russell's, but his second year was just staggeringly amazing. Using team stats like the team's record doesn't really prove anything about individual production.

Trust me, Marino is the GOAT as far as first two years of play. Then Russell Wilson, then Andrew Luck.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Wish we played captain neckbeard this year. Doesn't look like we are going to get the chance.

-bsd

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
marko358":3f2hqzyu said:
I assume everyone in the media will anoint the Broncos as this year's super bowl winner after today's game.
No doubt but remember Luck is WAY better then Wilson right?

chris98251

Reaction score
Anyone get the feeling that the Broncos are trying to wash the Super Bowl off them this game and trying to show how they are someone again?

HawkWow

Reaction score
Yep..and time for me to wash a rather average day of football off at the beach.

Go Hawks!

lsheldon

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":wjknytzz said:
lsheldon":wjknytzz said:
TXHawk":wjknytzz said:
Phteven":wjknytzz said:

Marino

Wilson

Uh, have you seen Marino's numbers? His second year, he threw for 5084 yards in a pre-watered-down-defense league at 64% completion and with a 8.94 ANY/A - as in, adjusted for sack yards, INTs, and incompletions, he was throwing for almost nine yards per completion.

His first year wasn't as good as Russell's, but his second year was just staggeringly amazing. Using team stats like the team's record doesn't really prove anything about individual production.

Trust me, Marino is the GOAT as far as first two years of play. Then Russell Wilson, then Andrew Luck.

Why is it always about passing yards and not the end result?

3357 yards and Super Bowl champion > 5084 yards and going home sad

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
chris98251":3nhmrbcc said:
Anyone get the feeling that the Broncos are trying to wash the Super Bowl off them this game and trying to show how they are someone again?

They're using Andrew Luck for toilet paper :p

TXHawk

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3a4wzp0b said:
lsheldon":3a4wzp0b said:
TXHawk":3a4wzp0b said:
Phteven":3a4wzp0b said:

Marino

Wilson

I was tending bar in South Florida in 1984 so I saw a lot of Dolphins games during Marino's second season. Still the greatest season I've ever seen by a quarterback and this was in an era before they changed the rules to favor passers. I love Russ but Marino was the best quarterback ever through his first two seasons by a wide margin. Luck isn't even in the ballpark.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
And here come the garbage time, ref-assisted passing yards. Every Indy game plays out the same.

marko358

Reaction score
lsheldon":3nerscsz said:
Smelly McUgly":3nerscsz said:
lsheldon":3nerscsz said:
TXHawk":3nerscsz said:
Phteven said:

Marino

Wilson

Why is it always about passing yards and not the end result?

3357 yards and Super Bowl champion > 5084 yards and going home sad
So you would pick Trent Dilfer from his super bowl year over last year's Peyton Manning?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The new NFL "golden boy" is struggling vs the old NFL "golden boy".
Interesting quandry! :stirthepot:

chris98251

Reaction score
Take your QB comparisons to another QB comparison thread, this is a game thread. Last I seen Wilson isn't playing and Marino retired.

hawk45

Reaction score
Too bad none of this moves the needle. The Broncos dropped 50 burgers all over the place early in the season last year vs. AFC opponents and they're doing it again.

I think this year there actually may be a segment of the national media that remembers that it meant nothing last year, and that saw what we did to Green Bay and Rodgers as a reminder.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
marko358":1javaq0u said:

Man, I hope so. I can't wait for the constant whining.