Colts@Broncos

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
hawk45":2d2qf6cn said:
Not sure why you would ever have Richardson out there. Bradshaw just seems to be the better option. As far as I can tell Richardson does nothing particularly well.

Indy was stupid to give up a fIrst for Richardson and "stupider" for letting Donald Brown go.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Not impressed with the Denver Defense ... Colts moving the ball at will in the second half.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":2k950i4i said:
I'm usually not one for conspiracy theories, but I totally think the NFL/refs give the Colts and Luck gift calls. Sure seemed to happen a lot last year, and so far tonight (that PI was awful, and maybe worse was that spot). They just always seem to get a lucky break from the stripes to extend drives at pivotal moments during the game, and a lot of them are incredibly questionable.

Colts led the league last year in positive penalty yardage. E.G. they had way more yards awarded than taken away.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawk45":ha6m1li0 said:
Not sure why you would ever have Richardson out there. Bradshaw just seems to be the better option. As far as I can tell Richardson does nothing particularly well.

but he does do a lot things poorly.

he looks like the 100th best RB in the league. behind every back up in the NFL

sturg78

Reaction score
Someone will always lead the league in a Stat. Are we going to conspiracy theorize for this year's winner of most positive penalty yards? I don't like conspiracy theories now because that means someone gave us a championship last year because it was our turn in their meniacal chess game.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
HuskerHawk":1cz0cgsn said:
I'm usually not one for conspiracy theories, but I totally think the NFL/refs give the Colts and Luck gift calls. Sure seemed to happen a lot last year, and so far tonight (that PI was awful, and maybe worse was that spot). They just always seem to get a lucky break from the stripes to extend drives at pivotal moments during the game, and a lot of them are incredibly questionable.

That PI was sickening. The DB was in perfect position to Int the ball if it were not so overthrown. Saying he cut off the receiver when he had his eyes back toward the ball and was in position to make the Int is just dumb.

I have been watching the pass blocking also and the Colts are getting away with some blatant holding at the same time Denver is getting called for less.

To answer the question of why hate Luck? Pretty simple, the NFL appears to be trying to manufacture their savior. So far it hasn't worked out but the officials have seemingly done everything in their power to try and get him there.

Pretty sad really.

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
Smellyman":59mqrgmj said:
hawk45":59mqrgmj said:

but he does do a lot things poorly.

he looks like the 100th best RB in the league. behind every back up in the NFL
I suppose they're going to give him some run just to make absolutely sure if he does/doesn't have anything. Pretty much have to do that when you gave up a 1st for him (haha). However, I'd say at this point it's time to call a spade a spade and move on. Bradshaw actually is pretty good. Like Collinsworth said, he was a stud in NY and seems to do pretty well whenever they give him the ball. How about Indy's oline? They look pretty good imo. Luck has more than enough time.

TXHawk

Reaction score
His knee was down twice. I know it was reversed but how could they not blow that dead? Terrible officiating.

hawk45

Reaction score
I do agree Denver's D looks better than they did a lot of last year. There have been times Luck has moved the ball on them, but they've tightened up when they needed to. Last year they were pretty hapless against teams, it just didn't matter because they scored more. Indy is a good enough offense that if they hold them to 10 or 17 that's an improvement.

And they've had Luck under fire pretty much the entire game.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
TXHawk":2xn8eupw said:
His knee was down twice. I know it was reversed but how could they not blow that dead? Terrible officiating.

Actually, I disagree. The right move is NOT to blow your whistle unless you're sure because you can always reverse on replay.

How many times have we been annoyed by an early whistle just as Lynch breaks out of a pile? Swallowing whistles on plays where you're not sure the play is dead is always good.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Both these teams look slow to me. Manning hasn't thrown a crisp spiral this whole game, they're all ducks. I can't wait for week 3.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
sturg78":332q9fy7 said:
Someone will always lead the league in a Stat. Are we going to conspiracy theorize for this year's winner of most positive penalty yards? I don't like conspiracy theories now because that means someone gave us a championship last year because it was our turn in their meniacal chess game.

Why would a conspiracy theory being correct mean that any other one that someone could come up with also be true?

"If" the referees did feel sorry for Pagano and cancer victims and it made them a little more inclined to throw the flag, it does not lend itself to any other theory.

And there is ZERO doubt in anyone's mind that Seattle was the better team that day.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Would love to see captain neckbeard win this just to shut up Donks fans. I don't see Indy as being that good so they will lose games along the way, even with the usual zebra assists.

Smellyman

Reaction score
RichNhansom":6ich6mrh said:
HuskerHawk":6ich6mrh said:

That PI was sickening. The DB was in perfect position to Int the ball if it were not so overthrown. Saying he cut off the receiver when he had his eyes back toward the ball and was in position to make the Int is just dumb.

I have been watching the pass blocking also and the Colts are getting away with some blatant holding at the same time Denver is getting called for less.

To answer the question of why hate Luck? Pretty simple, the NFL appears to be trying to manufacture their savior. So far it hasn't worked out but the officials have seemingly done everything in their power to try and get him there.

Pretty sad really.

sure looked like a hold on ware in the endzone. Collinsworth called it a good recovery by the LT lol

Latest posts