Congrats to the Lions!!!

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Or just draft Marvin Harrison...
We need the Cardinals to win a game and get out of #2 position. That would make it possible to trade down to a QB needy team at #2 and still get Harrison. That’s what I want, but Poles never does what I want.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I will note that the Bears beat them once and outplayed them both games. Once we add Harrison, jr. and a more competent coaching staff this off-season, the Bears take the North in 2024!
You get stuck with JFs all bets are off

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
You get stuck with JFs all bets are off
We beat the Lions with Fields and should have beaten them twice. He is still playing with only one reliable WR and a Horrible center (Patrick) and an even more horrible play caller (Getsy). All those problems can be fixed this offseason. Poles just needs to do his damn job. He’s got the first round draft picks and cap space to do it.

If we draft a rookie QB, all bets are off. Williams might be the next Mahomes, or he might be the next Johnny Manziel.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
True, some crazy GM could give me a Trey Lance type deal to move from #3 to #1. Otherwise, I am sprinting to the stage to draft Harrison. I would say 99% of the Bears forum fans agree. The others are trading Fields to the Falcons and drafting Williams, and I wouldn’t be totally surprised if Poles does that.
Maybe they can trade for Me3 and a few draft pics. /Sarcasm

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
Speaking of upgrades, if Panthers don’t win another game, Bears have #1 and #5 in first round if Poles doesn’t screw it up. That should be Harrison and a stud defensive lineman to complement Sweat.
They could have an auction for the one pick and still get a stud the five--set up the franchise for a generation.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bears have been winning 4 of last 6, and will now likely end up in middle of first round with the second pick. The top-3 QBs are gone by then. If Poles trades away #1, we lose on Harrison for more draft picks that Poles will waste on players only slightly above average. Been there. Done that.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
We beat the Lions with Fields and should have beaten them twice. He is still playing with only one reliable WR and a Horrible center (Patrick) and an even more horrible play caller (Getsy). All those problems can be fixed this offseason. Poles just needs to do his damn job. He’s got the first round draft picks and cap space to do it.

If we draft a rookie QB, all bets are off. Williams might be the next Mahomes, or he might be the next Johnny Manziel.
All the sudden JFs is supposed to be good? Your gonna have to pay up
to keep him and I think he's fools gold besides that reckless running he
likes to do a lot.
I myself hate paying a ton for a QB so I'm in the minority for that.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
All the sudden JFs is supposed to be good? Your gonna have to pay up
to keep him and I think he's fools gold besides that reckless running he
likes to do a lot.
I myself hate paying a ton for a QB so I'm in the minority for that.
You have no choice, unless you want to perpetually play QBs on rookie contracts. Good luck with that.

After watching every game for three years, i have come to the conclusion that Fields is far from perfect but good enough to get to Super Bowl with enough supporting cast around him. I could be wrong, but after drafting guys like Grossman, McNoun, Trubisky, etc. I am painfully aware that is also a gamble. On the other hand, Harrison looks like Randy Moss 2.0 to me. He is the best player in this draft. If Poles trades away the #1 pick again, it may go on his tombstone that he was the GM who passed on Carter, Stroud, Harrison, Williams in order to draft a right tackle in 2023 and ??? with the 13th pick in 2024.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
You have no choice, unless you want to perpetually play QBs on rookie contracts. Good luck with that.

After watching every game for three years, i have come to the conclusion that Fields is far from perfect but good enough to get to Super Bowl with enough supporting cast around him. I could be wrong, but after drafting guys like Grossman, McNoun, Trubisky, etc. I am painfully aware that is also a gamble. On the other hand, Harrison looks like Randy Moss 2.0 to me. He is the best player in this draft. If Poles trades away the #1 pick again, it may go on his tombstone that he was the GM who passed on Carter, Stroud, Harrison, Williams in order to draft a right tackle in 2023 and ??? with the 13th pick in 2024.
The Fields hate is unjustified. He really can be a franchise guy with the pieces. The Bears are in a rare unique position to draft another franchise QB, let them compete, and use the loser for a trade later, which is what I'd do....

I just wonder if the Lions will waste Hendon Hooker?

Good to see the Lions in the mix, if we can't go to the superb owl, I personally hope the Lions do...

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The Fields hate is unjustified. He really can be a franchise guy with the pieces. The Bears are in a rare unique position to draft another franchise QB, let them compete, and use the loser for a trade later, which is what I'd do....

I just wonder if the Lions will waste Hendon Hooker?

Good to see the Lions in the mix, if we can't go to the superb owl, I personally hope the Lions do...
As a Bears fan, I’m fine with the Lions going deep in the playoffs. I admire how far they have come since 2021. I’d love to see Rams vs. Lions. Stafford returns to Detroit. Goff gets revenge for them not trusting him in L..A. The media would have a field day with this game.