Convinced now it's Bevell?

mrt144

Reaction score
austinslater25":3plasnqw said:
Bevell ins't the biggest problem and I'm a critic of his. It's obviously the offensive line. But, I still have no idea how we have to adjust to a quicker passing game midway through the 2nd quarter. Why do we always play like we are surprised our line is going to get killed?

Sioux what did you think of that play action at the 1? I absolutely hated that call. We couldn't protect without play action. Why Bevell thought we could hold up long enough to sell that is beyond dumb. Just curious what you thought on that call.

Thats just it - why not already acknowledge from the outset what becomes clear by halftime - our OL is deficient and needs compensation.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
mrt144":1wc8cgc1 said:
austinslater25":1wc8cgc1 said:
Bevell ins't the biggest problem and I'm a critic of his. It's obviously the offensive line. But, I still have no idea how we have to adjust to a quicker passing game midway through the 2nd quarter. Why do we always play like we are surprised our line is going to get killed?

Sioux what did you think of that play action at the 1? I absolutely hated that call. We couldn't protect without play action. Why Bevell thought we could hold up long enough to sell that is beyond dumb. Just curious what you thought on that call.

Thats just it - why not already acknowledge from the outset what becomes clear by halftime - our OL is deficient and needs compensation.
Using DB logic: "because that is just what the other team is expecting". 8)

mrt144

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1hmcjy24 said:
mrt144":1hmcjy24 said:
austinslater25":1hmcjy24 said:

Using DB logic: "because that is just what the other team is expecting". 8)

"Nobody would expect me to set myself on fire to put out a fire but here goes"

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
"Sure, we could line up Williams, Willson, and/or Vannett and split Graham out wide, but then they might expect us to actually throw to him"

We may need a 'Bevellisms' or 'Coachisms' thread; it would be a hoot.

mrt144

Reaction score
"Sure we could put a jumbo package of linemen in to ground out 4 inches but if we do that they'd expect a run, so we'll call a PA pass. Hell, forget the jumbo package, just run the PA on 4th regardless, they'll never see it coming."

razor150

Reaction score
Bevell's and Cable's thought on aquiring Jimmy Graham. "He'd make a great left tackle. We gotta make him pass block as much as possible.s"

mrt144

Reaction score
razor150":3033jg54 said:
Bevell's and Cable's thought on aquiring Jimmy Graham. "He'd make a great left tackle. We gotta make him pass block as much as possible.s"

"Sure, JFG is possibly one of the top 2 receiving TEs in the game. That's why we chip block with him - they'd never expect that!"

mrt144

Reaction score
It's like Bevell is such a goddamn Boy Scout that he would never crib how other teams do things cause it's a form of theft.

mikeak

Reaction score
We ran the SHORTEST guy on the field to go over the top for 0.5 yards

That was stupid

He could go between the legs of someone on the line or heck put in a RB there and run straight up the middle.

The problem was never the pass on the 1 yard. It was the formation and playcall. Same thing yesterday. Run vs pass is an oversimplified narrative to dumb it down for people watching it on ESPN

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
mikeak":tweyxshm said:

That was stupid

He could go between the legs of someone on the line or heck put in a RB there and run straight up the middle.

The problem was never the pass on the 1 yard. It was the formation and playcall. Same thing yesterday. Run vs pass is an oversimplified narrative to dumb it down for people watching it on ESPN
Brings back painful memories from earlier this year. "Let's run our injured qb in a few zone reads. They'll never suspect it."
Bevell can't make offensive adjustments on the fly. He and PC had Wilson manage games while they limited audibling for 3+ years? QB guru my anus. I don't know why people continue to say he is a good OC and qb mentor.
People have their own beliefs I guess. In the spirit of Christmas I will forgive those who worship the Bevell.

onepicknick

Reaction score
Scorpion05":3jcbzh81 said:
nwHawk":3jcbzh81 said:
BS. A good QB and smart offensive coordinator can make almost any line functional. Our line is bad, well terrible, but when we don't mix in real screens and short routes, every opposing defense get a chance to tee off - and they have been all season. Yet, still no adjustments in play calling.

BS? We have the LOWEST paid line in the league. The LOWEST. There are exceptions to every rule and our line is exceptionally bad. No other team would field this line. Not a one

Just because we have the lowest paid does that mean they play like there in HS if no one else would field this line then why are we?

We had the lowest Paid starting QB in football did he play like he was.

Terrell what the heck was he doing for four years he wasn't learning anything he should of been right in Thomas hip pocket learning what makes him the best.

mikeak

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":27vr4pct said:
. In the spirit of Christmas I will forgive those who worship the Bevell.

LOL

Well good news is they will keep their opinions unchanged after xmas so you can get mad at them again next week and still have lived by the spirit of xmas :)

Look at Brady on the half line. I know we stopped them but that was 2-3 yards out. He is basically automatic on what sneaks

I would like to see Boynkin in there just to see if he could push the pocket. We are talking about 0.5-1 yards on 4!!!! Downs

It would be one hung if this was he first time we failed...

cymatica

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":3vqel7v2 said:
mikeak":3vqel7v2 said:

That was stupid

Brings back painful memories from earlier this year. "Let's run our injured qb in a few zone reads. They'll never suspect it."
Bevell can't make offensive adjustments on the fly. He and PC had Wilson manage games while they limited audibling for 3+ years? QB guru my anus. I don't know why people continue to say he is a good OC and qb mentor.
People have their own beliefs I guess. In the spirit of Christmas I will forgive those who worship the Bevell.

No kidding, look how Dak audibles in his rookie year. I have always wondered how much better Wilson would be learning under someone else, or at least having an experienced backup on the team.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Nope but I'm also not going to object to any offensive coaching changes either.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":7mwpixz7 said:
Darrell Bevell is the M. Night Shayamalan of the NFL. "In a spectacular twist nobody saw coming, our offensive linemen weren't even offensive linemen! Genius!"
Shayamalan had a couple of really good films. Bevell doesn't even have the equivalent of that. :)

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RolandDeschain":20ng8z0o said:
Seahawk Sailor":20ng8z0o said:
Darrell Bevell is the M. Night Shayamalan of the NFL. "In a spectacular twist nobody saw coming, our offensive linemen weren't even offensive linemen! Genius!"
Shayamalan had a couple of really good films. Bevell doesn't even have the equivalent of that. :)

I dunno. I kinda liked SBXLVIII, myself. Had a few other films I really enjoyed watching, as I recall. I'm no Bevell defender; I think we could do a ton better on play calling, but come on. You don't have multiple double-digit win seasons, back-to-back trips to the Super Bowl, multiple playoff wins, and a championship without having a few games called right.

mikeak

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1skr0lf6 said:
RolandDeschain":1skr0lf6 said:
Seahawk Sailor":1skr0lf6 said:

I dunno. I kinda liked SBXLVIII, myself. Had a few other films I really enjoyed watching, as I recall. I'm no Bevell defender; I think we could do a ton better on play calling, but come on. You don't have multiple double-digit win seasons, back-to-back trips to the Super Bowl, multiple playoff wins, and a championship without having a few games called right.

Kind of like saying you have to be a good driver because you can drive a Ferrari at 120mph a few times and ignoring all the times you crashed....

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
mikeak":2oo3sik1 said:
Seahawk Sailor":2oo3sik1 said:
RolandDeschain":2oo3sik1 said:
Seahawk Sailor":2oo3sik1 said:

Kind of like saying you have to be a good driver because you can drive a Ferrari at 120mph a few times and ignoring all the times you crashed....

That was in response to: "Bevell doesn't even have the equivalent of that." He does, no matter how you look at it. And I never said Bevell was a good play caller. In fact, I specifically said we could DO A TON BETTER on play calling.

Also, you just described every racing league in the world. Good drivers do crash all the time and are still good drivers. Bevell has many games that are called well and is still a shitty play caller.

:roll:

sdog1981

Reaction score
I love how people seem to forget that even during Superbowl 48 this offense did nothing during the first qtr when the game was still competitive. Bevell and the offense vs a Broncos team without Von Millier were desperately trying to let Payton Manning stay in the game. The first two drives of the game where the Bevell special an FG. The first touchdown drive of the game was only 37 yards, it was set up by a Kam pick. The Seahawks did not have a scoring drive over 60 yards during the entire game. So the crown jewel in the Bevell crown is a house of cards when you go back and look at it.

Latest posts