Convinced now it's Bevell?

captSE

Reaction score
Jerhawk":r6vuy06d said:
The offense should consider changing the tempo and running hurry up / 2 minute drill offense at random during games. The offense seems to march right down the field during 2 minute drills, but consistently go 3 and out with the traditional ground and pound pace

^ He's right you know. When it's up to Russell Wilson, things move. We've seen this time and time again.

cymatica

Reaction score
sdog1981":2be0wgnb said:
I love how people seem to forget that even during Superbowl 48 this offense did nothing during the first qtr when the game was still competitive. Bevell and the offense vs a Broncos team without Von Millier were desperately trying to let Payton Manning stay in the game. The first two drives of the game where the Bevell special an FG. The first touchdown drive of the game was only 37 yards, it was set up by a Kam pick. The Seahawks did not have a scoring drive over 60 yards during the entire game. So the crown jewel in the Bevell crown is a house of cards when you go back and look at it.

100% this. That year they had the highest toxic differential thanks to the defense, and having Lynch who would force a defense to respect him allowing big plays off play action.

Jville

Reaction score
IIRC the turnover differential in

2013 was +20
2014 was +10
2015 was +07

and this year going into the Cardinal game - 01

cover-2

Reaction score
Bevell deep down is a pass happy offensive coordinator. With no Lynch in the backfield and Pete Carroll having a unabashed love for Bevel, Bevell calls the game that goes against Carroll's ball control offense. And can someone please tell Bevell to split out Jimmy Graham...I heard Graham is a decent receiver and averaged 13 rebounds per game as a senior at the U of Miami.
:sarcasm_on:

graham.jpg

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Jville":s0rmun7s said:

2013 was +20
2014 was +10
2015 was +07

Toxic differential is different than turnover differential. Toxic differential includes turnover differential, passing big play differential and rushing big play differential.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/toxic-differential/2016/

The Seahawks are 11th with toxic differential of 7 this season. Dallas is #1 with 37. Atlanta and GB are the other NFC teams ahead of the Seahawks in this category.

Seafan

Reaction score
Bevell has been a weakness for a long time. When the Hawks had a healthy Lynch it didn't matter so much. Now it's a huge problem since the O has no real leader.

Last year when the OL was a problem the Hawks (Bev,PC, and RW) game planned and played around the problem. They aren't doing it this year.

The Hawks are the worst red zone offense in the league in spite of having the best RZ target available. Stupid.

Jville

Reaction score
hawkfan68":177zuoyv said:
Jville":177zuoyv said:

2013 was +20
2014 was +10
2015 was +07

Toxic differential is different than turnover differential. Toxic differential includes turnover differential, passing big play differential and rushing big play differential.

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/toxic-differential/2016/

The Seahawks are 11th with toxic differential of 7 this season. Dallas is #1 with 37. Atlanta and GB are the other NFC teams ahead of the Seahawks in this category.

Thanks ........ and although I am cognizant of what defines turnover differential, Pete Carroll's caustic differential and sporting charts toxic differential .... your post certainly adds to the thread.

Note that there is a significant divergence in definition of what qualifies as an explosive play between Pete Carrol and sporting charts. They have different numerical definitions for both explosive running plays and explosive passing plays. So although the sporting charts definition and ranking of toxic differentials are interesting, it is Pete Carroll's definitions and how he defines his caustic differential that is relevant to the Seahawks. I think it reasonable to assume they use additional formulas that we on the outside are not privy to.

54b83a86dada8image

Brian Eayrs with his wife after the Seattle Seahawks won the 2014 Super Bowl over the Denver Broncos in New York.
Photo Courtesy of Brian Eayrs

“It’s not a job you go into to be famous,” Eayrs said. “That’s the biggest thing I learned from my dad—some of the most valuable work you do, only the people in your building will know about.”

Research Analyst Brian Eayrs “Extremely Valuable” To Seahawks >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/12/10/research-analyst-brian-eayrs-%E2%80%9Cextremely-valuable%E2%80%9D-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3iibdj2a said:
That was in response to: "Bevell doesn't even have the equivalent of that." He does, no matter how you look at it. And I never said Bevell was a good play caller. In fact, I specifically said we could DO A TON BETTER on play calling.

Also, you just described every racing league in the world. Good drivers do crash all the time and are still good drivers. Bevell has many games that are called well and is still a shitty play caller.

:roll:
You just justified mikeak's response to you. I.E., if I were to come out with say, the exact same game plan every game, it's bound to work sometimes but if it fails 3/4ths of the time and I don't adjust until way too late every time, that still makes me an idiot despite any untoward success from the random times it works enough to win with.

If we had a league-average defense for the past five years, our W/L ratio would be drastically worse. I can't even count the number of times our defense won us the game. The Russell Wilson era of Seahawks football is littered with games that have final scores like 12-10 and 13-9; and that's not an indictment on Wilson.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Largent80":10xnr3xt said:
nwHawk":10xnr3xt said:
BS. A good QB and smart offensive coordinator can make almost any line functional

MEGA INCORRECT
So, what's it called where an offensive coordinator watches his line getting killed and switches to a quick-strike passing game, having the QB get the ball out within a second every time they decide to pass?

I mean, I realize it's not as likely to be true because I didn't use caps and 200% font size like you did, but here's hoping truth and common sense can still play a role here...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
RolandDeschain":27d5j4r8 said:
Largent80":27d5j4r8 said:
nwHawk":27d5j4r8 said:
BS. A good QB and smart offensive coordinator can make almost any line functional

MEGA INCORRECT
So, what's it called where an offensive coordinator watches his line getting killed and switches to a quick-strike passing game, having the QB get the ball out within a second every time they decide to pass?

I mean, I realize it's not as likely to be true because I didn't use caps and 200% font size like you did, but here's hoping truth and common sense can still play a role here...

The second half of the Cardinals game? :irishdrinkers:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
cymatica":36uw1q43 said:
Missing_Clink":36uw1q43 said:
Sherman should have focused on not being a part of giving up 34 points at home the week after running his mouth

To be fair, Shead and Lane did more than their fair share
I love Sherman, and defended him in here last week, but ONE of those FOUR TD's given up, was ON HIM.
These guys are going to put it all together for the next few games....BOOK IT. :stirthepot:

Hawks46

Reaction score
It's not Bevell's fault that the OL is missing assignments and is really raw. Cable is in charge of the OL. That said:

When you have 4 and 1, on your own 35 and it's late in the 4th quarter...the game is literally on the line. You've been getting our ass handed to you all day on run plays. So you call a run play...but they know you can't run it. So hey, let's call a read option keeper, because that will take them by surprise.

Let's not run play action to a TE, or hey, just throw it to Graham and let someone try to stop it. The guy is literally unstoppable at the LOS. That's a play call on Bevell's fault. It led to a FG....not the defenses fault as the Cards were given the ball in FG range already.

He's still situationally terrible. He's also bad at making in game adjustments. Our halftime adjustments are very good, but we very rarely make good adjustments from the 1st to 2nd quarters.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":gmzo1vr3 said:
RolandDeschain":gmzo1vr3 said:
Largent80":gmzo1vr3 said:
nwHawk":gmzo1vr3 said:

MEGA INCORRECT

The second half of the Cardinals game? :irishdrinkers:

And the second half of 2015, and much of 2016 until right up about a month ago when the offense suddenly started struggling again.

Not to mention most of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning's careers. Did you think it was their offensive lines that kept them healthy for so long? Manning's line sucked with Curtis Painter in front of it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":101ez8qn said:
And the second half of 2015, and much of 2016 until right up about a month ago when the offense suddenly started struggling again.

Not to mention most of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning's careers. Did you think it was their offensive lines that kept them healthy for so long? Manning's line sucked with Curtis Painter in front of it.
What do you think would happen to you if you sucked at your teaching job from 8am-noon and did well after lunch through the end of the day for four out of every five days for years on end?

Well, ok, bad example because the unions protect teacher jobs as if every teacher is the greatest employee on the planet unilaterally, but I'm sure you get the point.

cymatica

Reaction score
Hawks46":3pukcp06 said:
It's not Bevell's fault that the OL is missing assignments and is really raw. Cable is in charge of the OL. That said:

When you have 4 and 1, on your own 35 and it's late in the 4th quarter...the game is literally on the line. You've been getting our ass handed to you all day on run plays. So you call a run play...but they know you can't run it. So hey, let's call a read option keeper, because that will take them by surprise.

Let's not run play action to a TE, or hey, just throw it to Graham and let someone try to stop it. The guy is literally unstoppable at the LOS. That's a play call on Bevell's fault. It led to a FG....not the defenses fault as the Cards were given the ball in FG range already.

He's still situationally terrible. He's also bad at making in game adjustments. Our halftime adjustments are very good, but we very rarely make good adjustments from the 1st to 2nd quarters.

Standard response to defend Bevell for specific examples such as this: "31 points" or "winning record"

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":2mypiafl said:
Sherman is going to have a field day [hopefully] with that 4th and inches play.

Sherman's next temper tantrum should be at himself in the mirror and the rest of the defense for giving up 34 pts to a team that's not even in the playoffs...............and we had everything to play for.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2cfuwhgc said:
NOLAHawk":2cfuwhgc said:

Sherman's next temper tantrum should be at himself in the mirror and the rest of the defense for giving up 34 pts to a team that's not even in the playoffs...............and we had everything to play for.

The offense did it's share of putting the defense on it's heels. Fumble in their own side of the field, blocked FG, blocked punt, missed extra point. Yes the defense didn't play well but the offense is more to blame for dropping this game, IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkfan68":n2thv99o said:
Sgt. Largent":n2thv99o said:
NOLAHawk":n2thv99o said:

The offense did it's share of putting the defense on it's heels. Fumble in their own side of the field, blocked FG, blocked punt, missed extra point. Yes the defense didn't play well but the offense is more to blame for dropping this game, IMO.

All three units stunk Saturday. Yes the offense was putrid in the first half, but in the end 31 pts should be enough to beat a division rival that had nothing to play for.

My point is no one should be calling out anyone on this team, they ALL stunk.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
hawkfan68":4exdkctd said:
Sgt. Largent":4exdkctd said:
NOLAHawk":4exdkctd said:

The Seahawks offense was about as good as the Cards. See here.

The biggest disappointment to me out of this game aside from the Lockett injury (which was not due the O or the D's performance) was the D (both D's really) giving up as many points as they did. It would have been far more encouraging had this been a low-scoring win because our D is where the Hawks strength is most expected to be.

Terrell may get less playing time this week to give others a shot, it wouldn't surprise me.