Cut Prosise tomorrow

scutterhawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":mt9992l7 said:
Prosise's cap hit is 800k this season and less than 1m next season. If he gets injured he goes on PUP/IR and doesn't take up a roster spot. I don't see a good reason to cut him right now.
Because he's taking up a roster spot that could be better used on someone who might be available to PLAY.
I mean hell...there are players that are more deserving to be on the Seahawks 53.

Chapow

Reaction score
scutterhawk":10ugx3j2 said:
AgentDib":10ugx3j2 said:
Prosise's cap hit is 800k this season and less than 1m next season. If he gets injured he goes on PUP/IR and doesn't take up a roster spot. I don't see a good reason to cut him right now.
Because he's taking up a roster spot that could be better used on someone who might be available to PLAY.
I mean hell...there are players that are more deserving to be on the Seahawks 53.

I get what you're saying, but it's still training camp/preseason and they have a 90 man roster to work with right now.

However, when the time comes for the cut down to 53 in a few weeks, if Procise is not healthy and ready to go then yes, he should be an automatic cut IMO. It's really a shame and I genuinely feel bad for the guy, but you have to be available to play at some point or you cannot be taking up a spot on the 53 man roster.

The Breh

Reaction score
hawk45":1ydnzc8a said:
Trrrroy":1ydnzc8a said:
but gets injured stepping off the bus, and that's not much of an exaggeration at all.
Yeah-I'm gonna go ahead and say you are, in fact, exaggerating. In dramatic fashion.
I get your frustration but, just no.

Chapow

Reaction score
HawkGA":3i88acfy said:
I think cutting him would send a good message.

That you'll get cut if you get injured?

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Chapow":qbys2zvo said:
HawkGA":qbys2zvo said:

It's the fact they he's constantly injured, and never plays through the pain. When you hear about a guy like Demaryius Thomas who has been playing with a bum hip the last two years, it opens your eyes to who can handle the pain. Obviously CJ has no pain tolerance. It's beyond the point of "bad luck" with him now. He's a turd. Cut him and move on. He's a wasted draft pick.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
I hear that there are players in the NFL that are truly afraid. I don't blame them, it's a brutal game. I think back to Shawn Alexander after we lost Hutch. He would just fall down right before getting hit.

Anyone think Prosise may have taken a big hit and just be afraid of the game now?

There has to be something to CJ that is beyond injuries it would seem. That being said, like was said earlier, some team picks him up on the cheap if we cut him then he outperforms. Story of our life.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":3v1r80rn said:
Chapow":3v1r80rn said:
HawkGA":3v1r80rn said:

It's the fact they he's constantly injured, and never plays through the pain. When you hear about a guy like Demaryius Thomas who has been playing with a bum hip the last two years, it opens your eyes to who can handle the pain. Obviously CJ has no pain tolerance. It's beyond the point of "bad luck" with him now. He's a turd. Cut him and move on. He's a wasted draft pick.

Are you sure about this? Are you sure none of his injuries are legit and its a matter of "playing through pain"?

Dude broke his shoulder blade. I'm pretty sure playing with a broken shoulder blade would be a bad idea. But what do i know?

Unless you are in the room with the player and the medical staff, this kind of post is unsubstantiated slander.

Now I can get on board that Prosise has been prone to injury. That's abundantly clear. But I would never go so far as to question his toughness when I have no clue as to the actual severity of his injuries. For all we know the dude's been lobbying to play and its the medical staff that have been forcing him to sit.

hawk45

Reaction score
The Breh":3qf17vwf said:
hawk45":3qf17vwf said:
Trrrroy":3qf17vwf said:
but gets injured stepping off the bus, and that's not much of an exaggeration at all.
Yeah-I'm gonna go ahead and say you are, in fact, exaggerating. In dramatic fashion.

Dude injured himself warming up pregame in the past mang.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawk45":3cxuw181 said:
The Breh":3cxuw181 said:
hawk45":3cxuw181 said:
Trrrroy":3cxuw181 said:

Dude injured himself warming up pregame in the past mang.
Mr.Glass has returned to his normal routine..
Nothing to see here..For real!

James in PA

Reaction score
I wonder if Prosise often thinks to himself, “OK, this has GOT be the last one. Once I get through THIS injury, I’m gonna be a BEAST!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flv

Reaction score
At $660K there's only an upside to cutting him right now if you could bring in someone cheap and healthy who might make the roster in 3 weeks time. Better to let it play out and see what happens.

Fade

Reaction score
flv":32kcn82q said:
At $660K there's only an upside to cutting him right now if you could bring in someone cheap and healthy who might make the roster in 3 weeks time. Better to let it play out and see what happens.

What?

They will have to cut at least 1 of these Runningbacks when the roster is trimmed to 53.

Carson
Penny
Davis
McKissic
Prosise

Who would you cut?

It's simple for most. Mr. Glass.

flv

Reaction score
Fade":38okju50 said:
flv":38okju50 said:

What?

They will have to cut at least 1 of these Runningbacks when the roster is trimmed to 53.

Carson
Penny
Davis
McKissic
Prosise

Who would you cut?

It's simple for most. Mr. Glass.
If that's the situation in 3 weeks time then that's the decision you make in 3 weeks time. There's no reason to cut him, or any of the other 46 players who will be cut, at this point...unless there's a better choice of player to be signed.

calihawk

Reaction score
Haven't you been paying attention ,the injured player has to be paid a couple of years brought back to health and then released to benefit another team.

Has anybody seen Paul Richardson lately ?

Tical21

Reaction score
You cut him right now to set a precedent for the rest of your kids, and to prevent him from ever taking a single practice rep away from someone who might do your team some good someday.

chris98251

Reaction score
Tical21":1lxsxr5g said:
You cut him right now to set a precedent for the rest of your kids, and to prevent him from ever taking a single practice rep away from someone who might do your team some good someday.

Again out of context, the principle is a kid that is good at say age 10 but isn't interested and have parents worried about him getting CTE and injured etc versus a kid that may not be as good at age ten but has a interest and is willing to practice and work hard and will probably contine to play thru High School where the other kid will go another direction. First kid is only there because the dad want's him to learn to be tough or something or learn team work.

nanomoz

Reaction score
calihawk":31fopd3p said:
Haven't you been paying attention ,the injured player has to be paid a couple of years brought back to health and then released to benefit another team.

Has anybody seen Paul Richardson lately ?

Paul Richardson was not released.

He was not re-signed because someone else offered more money than Seattle was willing to pay. There is a massive difference.

metwelve

Reaction score
When talking about our RB's First thing out of JS mouth is that Prosise is having a great camp. I still like his talent above Davis, McKissic. Still holding out hope

Fade

Reaction score
metwelve":2al3deal said:
When talking about our RB's First thing out of JS mouth is that Prosise is having a great camp. I still like his talent above Davis, McKissic. Still holding out hope

Prosise is the most talented back on the team. It doesn't make any difference though because he is made of glass.