Cut Prosise tomorrow

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
There is zero reason to cut him from the 90 man roster. He isn't taking a roster spot from anyone who would be anything more than a camp body.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Except that a camp body would actually be out there playing and practicing.

Tical21

Reaction score
And the camp body could potentially play for us someday. If you're that much of a pussy, you shouldn't be allowed on this football team. It can be contagious. Ask Jarvis Landry

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Tical21":258prw9d said:
And the camp body could potentially play for us someday. If you're that much of a pussy, you shouldn't be allowed on this football team. It can be contagious. Ask Jarvis Landry

Pretty tough, calling Prosise a pussy from your couch, and not to his face. You are out of line on this, and this kind of bullsh** shouldn't be tolerated. But let me guess, you are tough, and could play running back in the NFL, right?

Even Bob has the same thought, zero reason to get rid of him now

Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) Tweeted:
I get this an awful lot about Prosise. One more time, there is zero reason to cut a potentially impactful player and resource at this point since the roster does not have to be cut until after the final preseason game. https://t.co/tRjISXnkBm https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/10 ... 98560?s=17

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So many of the x players have stated that the team quit buying in to Pete’s “ Always compete” mantra. Do you believe keeping a player in n the roster who refuses to compete because he might finally compete later sends the correct message to the team? IMO you and Bob are dead wrong but only Pete and John’s opinion really count anyway.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really sucks because he clearly has a lot of talent. Some guys just are flat out injury prone, and he's clearly in that category. Of course, someone will claim that the front office is at fault, because they somehow are supposed to know a guy is going to get hurt :roll:

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":94ygk6nl said:
Really sucks because he clearly has a lot of talent. Some guys just are flat out injury prone, and he's clearly in that category. Of course, someone will claim that the front office is at fault, because they somehow are supposed to know a guy is going to get hurt :roll:

7 different injuries in 28 months I've heard coming into work this morning. :shock:

Pathetic.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Really sucks. When I heard it before kickoff on Thursday, I was just like........are you flippen kidding me right now?

rcaido

Reaction score
Maybe he wants out of Seattle. Way too many injuries too be coincidence and bad luck. He will probably go to the Patriots.

Rocket

Reaction score
I heard someone somewhere, it's not important, say that Prosise should get some game time this weekend and I believe this is his last go-round. I also believe that he's gonna have a good solid game, near what the Quim had last week, free from injury.

Viva Prosise

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Rocket":xsddk7o5 said:
I heard someone somewhere, it's not important, say that Prosise should get some game time this weekend and I believe this is his last go-round. I also believe that he's gonna have a good solid game, near what the Quim had last week, free from injury.

Viva Prosise
Prosise play in a game? :lol:

He will be announced injured come game time with a chipped toenail. Out for two weeks.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
We all wait to see. Talent unrealized is talent wasted.

Then the injury of the week, month, or year is announced and Prosise re-attends and sets new personal attendance records at the trainer's rooms at the VMac. This story is becoming tiresome.

At some point or another patience becomes exhausted, and for the player that time is close to being done for him here.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":35ei02gt said:
Even Bob has the same thought, zero reason to get rid of him now

Bob Condotta (@bcondotta) Tweeted:
I get this an awful lot about Prosise. One more time, there is zero reason to cut a potentially impactful player and resource at this point since the roster does not have to be cut until after the final preseason game. https://t.co/tRjISXnkBm https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/10 ... 98560?s=17

I'm on the get rid of him bandwagon so I obviously have a different opinion from Bob. But his statement is clearly based just on cap implications. He's not thinking about any intangible reasons. Now, maybe the intangible reasons do not warrant cutting him, but that's different than saying zero reason.

getnasty

Reaction score
I'm holding on to him, he's cheap, in a contract year and if he ever gets healthy look what he did in that New England game, he looked like the best player on the field. If it comes down to Mike Davis or Procise it's Procise all day, you can find Mike Davis anywhere, I would even go Procise over Mckissic.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I think he’s gone if he misses any further time. “If he ever gets healthy” was in part the reason why Percy Harvin was kept around until he became a distraction. Thing is, are other players actually outperforming him and is the statistically low reliability achieved by keeping Prosise over a more dependable option?

They, each of Prosise, Davis, and McKissic, are all now just depth players on the roster and need to be available when needed. Prosise is demonstrably rarely available and thus not as useful as the others who may not quite be as talented as he is but are still almost as capable but who are always available to compete.

If always compete means anything, Prosise is not competing b/c of his unreliability of availability. His roster spot is very tenuous, the team has other players who are able to do his job quite creditably. There is no reason to cut him now but he will be very nervous when the final cuts are made this year. He’s never been able to hold a spot on the depth chart due to injury since being here despite what he has rarely shown on the field. At present he can’t be higher than 5th on the DC behind Carson, Penny, Davis, and McKissic. The injury to Penny may help Prosise but to me it makes Davis more valuable.

There are lots of stories similar to his in the NFL, only a few ever amount to much of anything when they can’t stay healthy. It’s unfortunate and most likely if released he will get chances elsewhere and may just become a dependable situational option or maybe he will change position but other teams will have much less patience for him than he has been shown here.