Dak is a winner

Chawker

Reaction score
In my humble opinion, no.... To be considered a "winner" one must have a ring to proof he is one. Dak no, Russ yes.
Cheers

Seymour

Reaction score
johneric8":qe6lnuwj said:
......I think this game is going to be a ton tougher than you think it is, and I believe our linebackers will make it very hard to do some of the things you want to do.......

This is a 50/50 game as far as I'm concerned, and both teams have improved.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This game is a total tossup, clearly can go either way. I think it comes right down to the wire, and the teams seem to be very evenly matched imo. And they are 7-1 at home, that's not an accident. I know there's not much of a home field advantage there, but 7-1 says it all.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Most of the playoff QBs are winners. That's kinda how they got drafted, became the starter, and made the playoffs.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":19g1rcn7 said:
SoulfishHawk":19g1rcn7 said:
Fair enough, when he wins a playoff game, I'll likely change my view a little bit. But not being impressed by a guy equals butt hurt? Ok then.......
Isn't a message board about opinions? So if we are not impressed with every player we go against, we are somehow butt hurt and/or it's automatically them "dissing" the Hawks? Nah
There are quite a few QB's in the league that are better than Dak. Shoot, I know a lot of Cowboy fans, very few of them are happy with Dak as their QB. More often they are wondering which Dak will show up, let alone if he'll ever be a clutch big game QB. Of course, coming from Dallas, the standard is pretty high after you have guys like Staubach and Aikman in the past......

I wasn't directing the "butthurt" at you..................IMO these threads are butthurt. The OP didn't even link up anything, just said "hey everyone says Dak's a winner!"

When it was probably one person they saw on TV. No one outside of Skip Bayless thinks Dak is a better QB than Russell, so what the hell is this thread even talking about.

Well then I suggest you look up what media says about Dak. Ive never said media says Dak is better than Russell, did I, you doofus? Stop twisting my words. This is about media saying Dak is a winner, regular season games maybe, aka the ones that matter the least

Uncle Si

Reaction score
quadsas":2wp18aup said:
A winner is a guy like Wilson, or to give the best example, Brady. Someone who would never ever give up, completely inspire the whole team and make THE plays. aka something Peyton has never been able to do, something Dak, when given a chance, hasn't been able to do. If you think winning 12 games in regular season and getting regularly bounced in playoffs is 'winning' then your perception of what matters in sports (aka actual wins, the championships) is flawed. Guys like Kobe, Jordan, Brady, etc. have the mentality of winning the game at any cost, not just saying 'oh i hate losing, i want to win'. For them it's natural, they have the clutch gene, so does Wilson. Dak hasn't shown that yet.

Never...

Except the two super bowl wins?

Come on.. i get the Dak take, but manning is something altogether different

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sure he's a "winner"
But he still hasn't proven he can win the big game. When he does, I'll be the first to tip my cap.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
quadsas":z4gnhlj6 said:
Sgt. Largent":z4gnhlj6 said:
SoulfishHawk":z4gnhlj6 said:
Fair enough, when he wins a playoff game, I'll likely change my view a little bit. But not being impressed by a guy equals butt hurt? Ok then.......
Isn't a message board about opinions? So if we are not impressed with every player we go against, we are somehow butt hurt and/or it's automatically them "dissing" the Hawks? Nah
There are quite a few QB's in the league that are better than Dak. Shoot, I know a lot of Cowboy fans, very few of them are happy with Dak as their QB. More often they are wondering which Dak will show up, let alone if he'll ever be a clutch big game QB. Of course, coming from Dallas, the standard is pretty high after you have guys like Staubach and Aikman in the past......

I wasn't directing the "butthurt" at you..................IMO these threads are butthurt. The OP didn't even link up anything, just said "hey everyone says Dak's a winner!"

When it was probably one person they saw on TV. No one outside of Skip Bayless thinks Dak is a better QB than Russell, so what the hell is this thread even talking about.

Well then I suggest you look up what media says about Dak. Ive never said media says Dak is better than Russell, did I, you doofus? Stop twisting my words. This is about media saying Dak is a winner, regular season games maybe, aka the ones that matter the least

Who said Dak is a winner? Where's the link? Who said he's better than Russell?

This is just a nonsense conversation. I'm not twisting anyone's words, I'm saying this is a non conversation created completely out of something you may or MAY NOT have actually even seen or heard.

Yes Dak's a winner, so is Russell. Stop the presses!!

Aw Mang

Reaction score
Dak is not a loser but he hasn’t won anything yet, so please pump the brake on that “winner” thing please.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
Uncle Si":17zpag8q said:
quadsas":17zpag8q said:
A winner is a guy like Wilson, or to give the best example, Brady. Someone who would never ever give up, completely inspire the whole team and make THE plays. aka something Peyton has never been able to do, something Dak, when given a chance, hasn't been able to do. If you think winning 12 games in regular season and getting regularly bounced in playoffs is 'winning' then your perception of what matters in sports (aka actual wins, the championships) is flawed. Guys like Kobe, Jordan, Brady, etc. have the mentality of winning the game at any cost, not just saying 'oh i hate losing, i want to win'. For them it's natural, they have the clutch gene, so does Wilson. Dak hasn't shown that yet.

Never...

Except the two super bowl wins?

Come on.. i get the Dak take, but manning is something altogether different

He won cause he's a great quarterback, possibly the greatest skillset of all time. But he's a massive loser. Take a look at his career, and especially take a look at how 'he won' those rings, then come back to me. If you still think he's a winner, I've got nothing to you, you're probably happy when Seahawks go 9-7

kobebryant

Reaction score
Wins are not an individual stat in any team sport. There are just too many variables.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
kobebryant":fgqwhyrn said:
Wins are not an individual stat in any team sport. There are just too many variables.

But wait, if you win as a team, the quarterback is automatically a big winner, what you talkin about?

johneric8

Reaction score
Seymour":1duoktwl said:
johneric8":1duoktwl said:
......I think this game is going to be a ton tougher than you think it is, and I believe our linebackers will make it very hard to do some of the things you want to do.......

I agree both teams are much better so it's an interesting matchup because the teams somewhat mirror each other.
It really is a hard game to determine the outcome.... I honestly wonder how much having Earl Thomas helped you the first time around since he had a monster game? I'm excited, and I'm hopeful that the best team on Saturday wins without the refs getting involved too much.

kobebryant

Reaction score
quadsas":3i1gkagi said:
kobebryant":3i1gkagi said:

But wait, if you win as a team, the quarterback is automatically a big winner, what you talkin about?

Unless we're talking about individual athletes, like say, Serena Williams (probably the biggest winner in modem sports), it is a logical fallacy to attribute wins and losses to any one individual.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
johneric8":2o9qcsod said:
Seymour":2o9qcsod said:
johneric8":2o9qcsod said:

I agree both teams are much better so it's an interesting matchup because the teams somewhat mirror each other.
It really is a hard game to determine the outcome.... I honestly wonder how much having Earl Thomas helped you the first time around since he had a monster game? I'm excited, and I'm hopeful that the best team on Saturday wins without the refs getting involved too much.
If I remember right Baldwin, KJ, and Britt didn’t play in the first meeting as well.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good point, really they are completely different teams than way back in week 3. This is just an outstanding matchup overall. Both very good running games, both teams with a mobile QB etc.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
kobebryant":akq2p6rd said:
quadsas":akq2p6rd said:
kobebryant":akq2p6rd said:

Unless we're talking about individual athletes, like say, Serena Williams (probably the biggest winner in modem sports), it is a logical fallacy to attribute wins and losses to any one individual.

I know, I was mocking people who say that because you win regular season games youre given the label of a winner. like Peyton

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
quadsas":3v14atp1 said:
kobebryant":3v14atp1 said:
quadsas":3v14atp1 said:
kobebryant":3v14atp1 said:

I know, I was mocking people who say that because you win regular season games youre given the label of a winner. like Peyton

You have to win a lot of regular season games to qualify for the postseason.

Not sure if you knew that.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":6l8hhsmj said:
quadsas":6l8hhsmj said:
kobebryant":6l8hhsmj said:
quadsas":6l8hhsmj said:

So I guess if you miss the playoffs you're automatically disqualified from being a winner. smh. I know for regular people its a tough concept to understand at first, cause we are losers in comparison, but eventually, you will become demigod enough to realise what winning is

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
quadsas":6639muvw said:
MontanaHawk05":6639muvw said:
quadsas":6639muvw said:
kobebryant":6639muvw said:

So I guess if you miss the playoffs you're automatically disqualified from being a winner.

You're certainly less of a winner than if you make the postseason eleven straight times. Besides, I thought it was all about titles with you.

You're going to need to allow for degrees here. "Playoff chokers" like Manning, Romo, and Ryan aren't the same degree of winning as Brady, but they're still more of a winner than Mark Sanchez, Austin Davis, or Tyrod Taylor.