Dak is a winner

Seymour

Reaction score
Shouldn't "a winner" have at least 1 playoff win under his belt? :roll:

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I think we are mixing up the term “clutch” vs “winner”. Some guys elevate their game when things get tough, others don’t. Russell has been a clutch performer. One could argue that Manning hasn’t been terribly clutch in big games. But both are winning QBs. If you want to point to a true non-clutch loser, look at Cousins.

Prescott has been pretty clutch in his career but needs a few more playoff starts to seal that deal. If he lays an egg on Saturday, then he starts to get that Romo reputation.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":acj2a4su said:
Dak has been clutch? when?

in a meaningless game against complete garbage team like Giants lmao

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
quadsas":2jgm77j3 said:
Edit: and anyone who understands what it means to WIN in sports would agree that Manning is a massive loser. Winning 12 games in regular season every year is not an indication of a winner lmao.

Tenor

quadsas":2jgm77j3 said:
A winner is a guy like Wilson, or to give the best example, Brady. Someone who would never ever give up, completely inspire the whole team and make THE plays. aka something Peyton has never been able to do, something Dak, when given a chance, hasn't been able to do. If you think winning 12 games in regular season and getting regularly bounced in playoffs is 'winning' then your perception of what matters in sports (aka actual wins, the championships) is flawed. Guys like Kobe, Jordan, Brady, etc. have the mentality of winning the game at any cost, not just saying 'oh i hate losing, i want to win'. For them it's natural, they have the clutch gene, so does Wilson. Dak hasn't shown that yet.

You're grossly appealing to intangibles.

Also, if your standard of winning is getting a lot of titles, then by your own definitions, Wilson isn't a winner. He's got one Super Bowl ring; Brady has five. Peyton has two.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
quadsas":262qtu0s said:
Sgt. Largent":262qtu0s said:
I would quite put Prescott in the same rarefied air as Russell, but IMO he is 2b next to Mahomes and Watson's 2a next to Russell as guys in the league who have that "it" factor.

He and Russell are very similar in that they can get into a very dangerous rhythm once they get going. Obviously Russell throws a better deep ball, but Prescott can be equally as deadly running around making plays............as we saw last week to win the game in NY.

IMO he IS the wildcard factor for this game. If he's his normal good but not great self with a pick or two, then we win. But if he can get into rhythm early and make some plays opening up the run game for Zeek, could spell trouble for us.

I am not talking about skillset. I am talking about winning. As in Tom Brady winning compared to Peyton Manning winning. Dak has played one playoff game. And #1 seed. Lost. As far as I know the only thing you qualify with a record like that is as a loser

Dak's won at every level he's been at, never played on a losing team..........and is the greatest QB in Mississippi State history, and has now led the Cowboys to the playoffs.

So not sure why everyone has their panties in a bunch. He's a good young QB, that's all. Yes, he's a winner.

Are you mad cause this is another "All I wanna see is love for our Hawks, no one else is allowed to be praised" threads?

Not sure what the beef is, lots of QB's are "winners." That's how you get to be an NFL QB, you win.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
These are always interesting. What's more interesting as it pertains to this topic is Dak vs. Wilson as it figures into their ELO statistics games. They have Wilson (+26) statistically only behind Deshaun Watson (+28) and General Andrew Luck (+38). Dak Prescott (0) is about on par with Nick Foles (-2) right in the middle of the pack.

You can click on the link in the tweet to follow it to the whole article.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/FiveThirtyEight/status/1080858826482446336[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":4zwazpdv said:
quadsas":4zwazpdv said:
Edit: and anyone who understands what it means to WIN in sports would agree that Manning is a massive loser. Winning 12 games in regular season every year is not an indication of a winner lmao.

Tenor

quadsas":4zwazpdv said:
A winner is a guy like Wilson, or to give the best example, Brady. Someone who would never ever give up, completely inspire the whole team and make THE plays. aka something Peyton has never been able to do, something Dak, when given a chance, hasn't been able to do. If you think winning 12 games in regular season and getting regularly bounced in playoffs is 'winning' then your perception of what matters in sports (aka actual wins, the championships) is flawed. Guys like Kobe, Jordan, Brady, etc. have the mentality of winning the game at any cost, not just saying 'oh i hate losing, i want to win'. For them it's natural, they have the clutch gene, so does Wilson. Dak hasn't shown that yet.

Also, if your standard of winning is getting a lot of titles, then by your own definitions, Wilson isn't a winner. He's got one Super Bowl ring; Brady has five. Peyton has two.

Tom Brady has played 19 years.
Peyton Manning has played 18 years.
Russell Wilson has played 7 years.

Ridiculous comparison. :roll:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Mad? Not at all, just my opinion that he's an average QB, nothing more. Has nothing to do with him being on the Cowboys, I've just never been that impressed. When he's on, he's pretty good, when he's bad, he's very bad.
Why would someone be mad? He's average. The league is full of QB's that deserve praise, has nothing to do with the Seahawks, and I prefer people ignore the Hawks anyway.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":23pxqzbb said:
Mad? Not at all, just my opinion that he's an average QB, nothing more. Has nothing to do with him being on the Cowboys, I've just never been that impressed. When he's on, he's pretty good, when he's bad, he's very bad.
Why would someone be mad? He's average

Everyone's mad, that's how we roll here.

Every single piece of positive press for another player, team, coach or organization is a direct and egregious insult to the Hawks, and everything we stand for as a team.

Why is ESPN talking about how awesome Belichick is, they should be telling us how awesome Pete is!!! Why is the NFL network calling Dak a winner, don't they know Russell's an even BIGGER winner!

THE HUMANITY!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not even, plenty of us have respect for other teams. No need to assume otherwise. The Hawks are far from the best team in the league, big deal. Now if we are talking about Zeke, that guy is a flat out baller.
Not being impressed by Dak has ZERO to do with the fact that he's playing the Cowboys, I've never been that impressed.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I've never been truly impressed with Dak. My buddy went to school and teaches English at Mississippi State so he's been on my radar for a while. My first impression was that Dak is a right handed Tim Tebow and he'll likely never amount to much, he never came up big as a passer in college, but his throwing mechanics and accuracy actually improved quite a bit between his Jr. year at MSU and his rookie season.

Beyond that, I think Dak has hit his ceiling as far as his physical skillset goes. I don't think he's going to progress much more as a passer. I can see his presnap reads improving and his football IQ continuing to grow, but he's never going to be much better than he was this year or his rookie year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Physically gifted, but his decision making is pretty iffy. And the accuracy as well. It's not just me, they were breaking this down on NFL Network a LOT the last couple days. Not sure how that equates to thinking they are dissing the Hawks by praising Dak, but ok. Shoot, I think Goff is incredibly overrated too, and it has nothing to do with the fact that he plays for the Rams, he folds under pressure. Until I see differently, I will have the same opinion.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2rikso3h said:
Not even, plenty of us have respect for other teams. No need to assume otherwise. The Hawks are far from the best team in the league, big deal. Now if we are talking about Zeke, that guy is a flat out baller.
Not being impressed by Dak has ZERO to do with the fact that he's playing the Cowboys, I've never been that impressed.

I'm not assuming, that's what this thread is all about, butthurt.............as well as every other thread like it when someone else feels we've been slighted.

Who cares is someone said Dak is a winner. He is a winner, he's a playoff QB for a good team, and he's the greatest QB if his college has ever produced.

Why the constant pissing match with subjective undefinable words like "winner" or "best" or "elite" where we have to define the word and then spend pages arguing. It's a futile exercise.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough, when he wins a playoff game, I'll likely change my view a little bit. But not being impressed by a guy equals butt hurt? Ok then.......
Isn't a message board about opinions? So if we are not impressed with every player we go against, we are somehow butt hurt and/or it's automatically them "dissing" the Hawks? Nah
There are quite a few QB's in the league that are better than Dak. Shoot, I know a lot of Cowboy fans, very few of them are happy with Dak as their QB. More often they are wondering which Dak will show up, let alone if he'll ever be a clutch big game QB. Of course, coming from Dallas, the standard is pretty high after you have guys like Staubach and Aikman in the past......

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Seymour":25dlg9hk said:
MontanaHawk05":25dlg9hk said:

5 for 19 = one every 3.8 years
2 for 18 = one every 9 years
1 for 7 = one every 7 years

According to this logic, Wilson is a bit better than Manning, but only about half as good as Brady. That's how this stuff works, right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1cg1wm69 said:
Fair enough, when he wins a playoff game, I'll likely change my view a little bit. But not being impressed by a guy equals butt hurt? Ok then.......
Isn't a message board about opinions? So if we are not impressed with every player we go against, we are somehow butt hurt and/or it's automatically them "dissing" the Hawks? Nah
There are quite a few QB's in the league that are better than Dak. Shoot, I know a lot of Cowboy fans, very few of them are happy with Dak as their QB. More often they are wondering which Dak will show up, let alone if he'll ever be a clutch big game QB. Of course, coming from Dallas, the standard is pretty high after you have guys like Staubach and Aikman in the past......

I wasn't directing the "butthurt" at you..................IMO these threads are butthurt. The OP didn't even link up anything, just said "hey everyone says Dak's a winner!"

When it was probably one person they saw on TV. No one outside of Skip Bayless thinks Dak is a better QB than Russell, so what the hell is this thread even talking about.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hear ya, def. a lot of "nobody respects us" stuff going on. These days, I kind of want us to get dissed, more fuel to the fire. But I'm an odd dude anyway so.......

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3bt8r50h said:
Seymour":3bt8r50h said:
MontanaHawk05":3bt8r50h said:

5 for 19 = one every 3.8 years
2 for 18 = one every 9 years
1 for 7 = one every 7 years

According to this logic, Wilson is a bit better than Manning, but only about half as good as Brady. That's how this stuff works, right?

I see my points are flying over people's heads again. :p

johneric8

Reaction score
Seymour":2a0j8dtp said:
Shouldn't "a winner" have at least 1 playoff win under his belt? :roll:
I'm a cowboys fan and I signed up to clear up a few things in regards to Dak.

#1, when they got bounced from the playoffs against Green Bay, Dak had an absolutely great game. In fact he was clutch and took them down and scored at the end of the game. It was the defense that then allowed Rogers to march down the field with a few seconds left and some improbable plays. Dak was the best player on the field that day and it was the defense that couldn't hold up their end of the deal. Any Cowboys fan that watched that game was proud of Dak for how he played, he was astounding.

As someone who has studied Dak, I can tell you that he is totally handcuffed by some pretty weak coaching and playbooks. Linehan is horrible, our quarterbacks coach is a buffoon, and they have been trying to turn Dak into a pocket passer most of the year which is ludicrous and stupid. If they allow Dak to open things up and play like Dak is accustomed than you will see more games like the one you just saw against the Giants.

One last little piece of very important info. To someone that said what makes Dak Clutch well here is the facts. In a 3 year span, Dak has 14 clutch comebacks which is the most in NFL history in a 3 year period.

Having said all of that, the cowboys fans have the utmost respect for the seakhawks and especially RW. I myself love Pete Carol and wish he was our coach. I will say this though, Kris Richard is an amazing coach and he has done wonders for sorting our defense out.

At the end of the day guys, I can assure you that the Cowboys are going to make it very difficult on your seahawks Saturday and I can tell you that zeke is playing with a major chip because of what happened to him last year with the suspension. You guys know darn well that when you faced the Cowboys at the beginning of the season they didn't have anything that resembled a #1 receiver nor were the tight ends part of the equation. I can tell you that they are a different team completely. The Cowboys are a scary team to face when they are getting picked against, and when Dak decides he won't be denied a score, he typically finds a way. I think this game is going to be a ton tougher than you think it is, and I believe our linebackers will make it very hard to do some of the things you want to do... For me I see it all the time, there is this narrative that Dak isn't clutch, or he makes poor decisions, the truth is, the guy typically finds a way and he doesn't make a lot of mistakes. This game will be very interesting for sure. Of course RW is better at this point in his career, but so was Drew Brees when Dak totally outplayed him.