Dak is a winner

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
quadsas":2mz6786c said:
I know, I was mocking people who say that because you win regular season games youre given the label of a winner. like Peyton

You seem to be offended and even confused by the word "winner" for some reason.

If someone, or some people say Dak's a "winner" that means he has some tangible and intangible traits that he's shown throughout his college and pro career that people associate with winners.

- never been on a losing team
- best QB in Mississippi State history
- has led the Cowboys to three straight winning seasons, two NFC East titles and two playoff appearances
- is a good leader as described by his teammates and coaches
- tough physically and mentally

Would you not have called Russell a "winner" before we won a SB? A playoff game? Because that's what a LOT of people said when he came out of college, that he had an "it" factor and just flat out won wherever he went.

Not sure why this is such a big deal for you, but you're denying the statement like grim death. Is Dak on the same level of a "winner" as other QB's like Russell that have won more in the NFL? Nope, but that doesn't mean the word doesn't apply to him.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":vzoypx3l said:
quadsas":vzoypx3l said:
I know, I was mocking people who say that because you win regular season games youre given the label of a winner. like Peyton

You seem to be offended and even confused by the word "winner" for some reason.

If someone, or some people say Dak's a "winner" that means he has some tangible and intangible traits that he's shown throughout his college and pro career that people associate with winners.

- never been on a losing team
- best QB in Mississippi State history
- has led the Cowboys to three straight winning seasons, two NFC East titles and two playoff appearances
- is a good leader as described by his teammates and coaches
- tough physically and mentally

Would you not have called Russell a "winner" before we won a SB? A playoff game? Because that's what a LOT of people said when he came out of college, that he had an "it" factor and just flat out won wherever he went.

Not sure why this is such a big deal for you, but you're denying the statement like grim death. Is Dak on the same level of a "winner" as other QB's like Russell that have won more in the NFL? Nope, but that doesn't mean the word doesn't apply to him.

A winner at high school and college level does not mean he is a winner at pro level. :177692:

When you state a PRO is a winner, he needs to prove he can win at PRO level....period.

Sure I could call Russell a winner before a SB win, but when asked to show or prove it then the claim folds like a cheap Kmart lawn chair.

BTW.....you sound like a huge Dak fan LOL.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":j6fdueha said:
A winner at high school and college level does not mean he is a winner at pro level. :177692:

When you state a PRO is a winner, he needs to prove he can win at PRO level....period.

Sure I could call Russell a winner before a SB win, but when asked to show or prove it then the claim folds like a cheap Kmart lawn chair.

So your qualification of a "winner" is must have won a SB? That excludes quite a few QB's that people think of as winners.

I'm not a huge Dak fan, but if someone called him a "winner" I certainly wouldn't disagree. Dude's won a lot, and is only in his third year in the league.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":27ut0ti3 said:
Seymour":27ut0ti3 said:

So your qualification of a "winner" is must have won a SB? That excludes quite a few QB's that people think of as winners.

I'm not a huge Dak fan, but if someone called him a "winner" I certainly wouldn't disagree. Dude's won a lot, and is only in his third year in the league.

Not must have a SB win, but must have playoff wins at least otherwise why disrespect the word "winner"???. A SB win helps even more IMO.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
Seymour":1sa0hes9 said:
Sgt. Largent":1sa0hes9 said:
Seymour":1sa0hes9 said:

Not must have a SB win, but must have playoff wins at least otherwise why disrespect the word "winner"???. A SB win helps even more IMO.

It truly is like talking to brick walls. I understand, vast majority of us are peons, which is harsh, but true. We don't understand the mentality true winners have, therefore 10 win seasons to most look like 'winning'. technically, maybe, but 10 wins don't make anyone a true winner.

Also, here's a very simple comparison that may make you understand.
Peyton Manning - amazing quarterback, massive loser
Tim Tebow - atrocious quarterback, huge winner

Seymour

Reaction score
quadsas":283xk7aa said:
Seymour":283xk7aa said:
Sgt. Largent":283xk7aa said:
Seymour":283xk7aa said:

It truly is like talking to brick walls. I understand, vast majority of us are peons, which is harsh, but true. We don't understand the mentality true winners have, therefore 10 win seasons to most look like 'winning'. technically, maybe, but 10 wins don't make anyone a true winner.

May make ME understand? What I posted supported your argument??

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
Seymour":dk6s98dn said:
quadsas":dk6s98dn said:
Seymour":dk6s98dn said:
Sgt. Largent":dk6s98dn said:

May make ME understand? What I posted supported your argument??

Obviously that wasn't directed towards you

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
quadsas":37ncwvcf said:

tenor.gif

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2hsnmyif said:
quadsas":2hsnmyif said:

tenor.gif

thank god for foe system.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1purtr49 said:
quadsas":1purtr49 said:

Don't look at me on that one!

Tebow in 2 playoff games has a career playoff 40% completion rate and is 1-1. :shock:

Loser. :snack:

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
Seymour":e08pf56f said:
Sgt. Largent":e08pf56f said:
quadsas":e08pf56f said:

Tebow in 2 playoff games has a career playoff 40% completion rate. :shock:

Beat Big Ben, lost to biggest winner of all time possibly, Tom Brady.

Wilson had 4 picks against Green Bay.

40% completion is the atrocious quarterback part. Do you people read?

Seymour

Reaction score
quadsas":1uh5humo said:
Seymour":1uh5humo said:
Sgt. Largent":1uh5humo said:
quadsas":1uh5humo said:

Oh I read, but I call BS. You cannot suck at something and be a winner at it. :141847_bnono:

Winners attitude maybe, but that is built on false pretenses which makes him a loser in the end when he fails.

OP
OP
Q

quadsas

Reaction score
Seymour":jz0d5nrd said:
quadsas":jz0d5nrd said:
Seymour":jz0d5nrd said:

Oh I read, but I call BS. You cannot suck at something and be a winner at it. :141847_bnono:

Yet Tebow has done it.

You know there's a problem, when the guy who's known for two things - being a winner, and being garbage at quarterback, is not considered a winner somewhere. I'm outta here

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Why do I get the feeling Peyton Manning threw an interception in a playoff game and it cost someone money to a bookie?

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
quadsas":259adbwq said:
A winner is a guy like Wilson, or to give the best example, Brady. Someone who would never ever give up, completely inspire the whole team and make THE plays. aka something Peyton has never been able to do, something Dak, when given a chance, hasn't been able to do. If you think winning 12 games in regular season and getting regularly bounced in playoffs is 'winning' then your perception of what matters in sports (aka actual wins, the championships) is flawed. Guys like Kobe, Jordan, Brady, etc. have the mentality of winning the game at any cost, not just saying 'oh i hate losing, i want to win'. For them it's natural, they have the clutch gene, so does Wilson. Dak hasn't shown that yet.

I mean, those two statements are in the same paragraph. This does not support your argument that Dak isn't that good. Dak is good. He hasn't won a Super Bowl yet, but it looks like he's got the talent to do so, as long as everyone else around him does too, which is one of the main factors in winning Super Bowls. Because if that's a metric, then Barry Sanders wasn't really that great a running back, and I doubt you'd find anyone to agree with that sentiment.

MontanaHawk05":259adbwq said:
I see my points are flying over people's heads again. :p

Montana, I was actually agreeing with you there.

MrThortan

Reaction score
I don't like the title of this thread. Nope. Not one bit. That is all.

Latest posts