Dear Coolaid drinkers

gmor

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ib1qmua said:
So 98.99999% of the blame rests on having an ineffective offense and you single out a bunch of defensive players?

Smooth.

Simplistic and almost laughable, but smooth.

PS You predicted the right outcome but you are so ridiculously wrong about the cause you don't even get to take credit for it.

Outcome is the point of football is it not?

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
gmor":2vt918z3 said:
TwistedHusky":2vt918z3 said:
So 98.99999% of the blame rests on having an ineffective offense and you single out a bunch of defensive players?

Smooth.

Simplistic and almost laughable, but smooth.

PS You predicted the right outcome but you are so ridiculously wrong about the cause you don't even get to take credit for it.

Outcome is the point of football is it not?

No, it's the same as anything else in life. Process is the point. Outcome is merely an extension of process (and luck!).

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
leto69":3sqnja7g said:
I await your apology

Stay classy.

leto69":3sqnja7g said:
In order to get it right a REALITY CHECK IS NEEDED.

Yeah, because the Seahawks coaches' ability to fix the problem relies wholly on a certain message board being aware of it. I guess they can't read the scoreboard right unless .NET tells them what it says.

Threedee

Reaction score
Glug glug glug glug glug glug!

Naw, I don't shout at people for negativity. But I'm also a naive fool.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
ringless":zr2g2090 said:
leto69":zr2g2090 said:
You believe we will be 6-10 or 10-6?
Either way doesn't make the playoffs

10-6 Certainly makes the playoffs this year.
Almost the entire conference is tied for the 7th spot at 2-4

The current team in the wildcard spot is 3-2 and still has to play GB twice.. Seattle is literally one game back of the wildcard spot.

Well I remember the days when we were just "one game back" of a wildcard spot. We were "happy as a clam"!

Slick

Reaction score
TLDNR LOLOLOL

leto69":3cfds29n said:
I await your apology for the raving you gave me following the Detroit game when I criticized the Seahawks effort, coaching and draft decisions.

Its one thing to be positive, but there is nothing wrong with being realistic. I wasn't content with how we beat Chicago and Detroit, they are crappy teams and I don't compare the Seahawks to them.

One should not be flayed alive because their opinion differs from your "Glass is always 100% full point of view". There is nothing wrong with being realistic about where the team is at and recognizing what must change to get better. Without doing such process you continue to sit in mediocrity. This is where we are now as players squibble over how much they are worth, and play as individuals looking for stats(defensively reminds me of the 1999 team when we had a bunch of great individual talent but no team play).

Where is the LOB (LOVE OUR BROTHERS) all I see is the LOB( Lust others bucks).

Kris Rishard is over his head.
Bruce Irvin should be benched, he only performs on pass rush downs.
Ricardo Lockett despite the great catch today should be cut, continuously picks up stupid penalty's that kill us on special teams.

The problem with this team is all in their heads about how great they are and how they all deserve MAX dollars. This includes coaches and GM.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
First, for the the OP:

Why does it matter if everyone made fun of you for being wrong? (Which you were). You called out the LOB for being the problem because everyone is apparently fat, happy and getting paid? And your assessment is you are owed an apology for this viewpoint when people mocked you on it, because the games were lost.

Even though there are at least 20 possible causes that were more likely ? (For example the offense being utterly incompetent in the 4th quarter this year...which there is plenty of data on).

Second, why do you care if people think you are worth ridiculing? Isn't the very fact you are worried about ridicule from people you don't know more an indication that you are likely worthy of ridicule?

Third, the job of an offense is to score points. The job of a defense is to stop each drive from scoring points. By that count, our offense failed for almost the entire 4th quarter and the defense succeeded repeatedly, until it finally did fail. The offense does not "give up points" but it can certainly keep giving the other team a roll of the dice until they finally win.

Fourth, why crow about it? It sucks to watch this team lose. What do you get for being right? (and you weren't.) Do you want a cookie? I was right too, about a few things, but I would rather be wrong and the freaking season is not over. Maybe Pete gets Bevell help, maybe Kris focuses more on the secondary and Pete helps with the defense. Maybe Wilson punches Bevell in the mouth (or ideally sends Lynch to do it for him) and Bevell stops calling stupid sh*t in the 4th.

Things are likely to change because once we realize the problem, or at least admit to it, I think Pete is smart enough to try to at least compensate for it. The problem is we are not scoring in the 4th so we lose leads.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":381220xu said:
ringless":381220xu said:
leto69":381220xu said:

The current team in the wildcard spot is 3-2 and still has to play GB twice.. Seattle is literally one game back of the wildcard spot.

Well I remember the days when we were just "one game back" of a wildcard spot. We were "happy as a clam"!
I remember those days. It usually ended badly. Don't be fooled though this team may only be one game back but in reality they aren't even in same galaxy as the teams that will actually be in the postseason unless you like being the sacrificial lamb?

I'd prefer we just relax and accept the obvious, grit our teeth and clean house and reload for real.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
leto69":4iknfw80 said:
I await your apology for the raving you gave me following the Detroit game when I criticized the Seahawks effort, coaching and draft decisions.

Its one thing to be positive, but there is nothing wrong with being realistic. I wasn't content with how we beat Chicago and Detroit, they are crappy teams and I don't compare the Seahawks to them.

One should not be flayed alive because their opinion differs from your "Glass is always 100% full point of view". There is nothing wrong with being realistic about where the team is at and recognizing what must change to get better. Without doing such process you continue to sit in mediocrity. This is where we are now as players squibble over how much they are worth, and play as individuals looking for stats(defensively reminds me of the 1999 team when we had a bunch of great individual talent but no team play).

Ricardo Lockett despite the great catch today should be cut, continuously picks up stupid penalty's that kill us on special teams.

The problem with this team is all in their heads about how great they are and how they all deserve MAX dollars. This includes coaches and GM.

Agreed.

It's one thing to be positive and it's another to be realistic.

I hate the term and expression, "the ball didn't bounce our way."

That makes it sound like you have no control over your games.

That's just plain wrong.

That's more you aren't taking responsibilities and being honest with yourself.

I personally believe all these losses when the team has the lead will lead to further issues among the team.

There is no fire or a lack of urgency when it comes to finishing games anymore.

Kinda don't know what to think anymore with this team.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":14qmrloo said:
Bigpumpkin":14qmrloo said:
I remember those days. It usually ended badly. Don't be fooled though this team may only be one game back but in reality they aren't even in same galaxy as the teams that will actually be in the postseason unless you like being the sacrificial lamb?

I'd prefer we just relax and accept the obvious, grit our teeth and clean house and reload for real.

Right now.....there are very few teams in the NFL that are as dysfunctional as our Hawks!

evergreen

Reaction score
All of this would be solved if our offense, led by our QB and directed by our Offensive Coordinator, weren't the worst red-zone team in the world. Just score on half your attempts and we are 4-2.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2woa0tha said:
Bigpumpkin":2woa0tha said:
ringless":2woa0tha said:
leto69":2woa0tha said:

We arent in the same league as the Panthers who we blew a lead to? How about those Falcons who just lost to the Saints. Or the Packers who we played at lambeau with Kam and ALSO had a lead on. We blew 2 games against 2 undefeated teams and had a lead against another (Packers) in a 3rd game in which we had the lead going into the 4th

No in the same galaxy haha...That was a good one

Outside of the Packers...who in the NFC actually looks good? Falcons have beat Redskins, Texans, Cowboys, Giants and Eagles..so impressive..

Panthers outside of coming back to beat us have beat Jags, Texans, Saints. and Bucs...wow..high competition there.

And while the Packers are 6-0 they have had 4 of those games at home and their away games were the 49ers and Bears..not exactly world beaters there.

If seahawks get in the playoffs they can beat anyone in the NFC...

4 losses are to 3 undefeated teams and the rams away which we have struggled with the last few years and we had the lead in every single game going into the 4th. Not like we got blown out

Is there a team who has faced a higher SOS so far than us? Anyone else play 3 undefeated teams?

Also if the Giants win going to 4-2 the 6th place team is the 3-2 Vikings with a slew of 2 win teams behind them. That game against the Vikings could be HUGE for playoffs later in the year. If we can beat the Vikings and the Cards twice I honestly think making the playoffs is a high probability either was a WC or Division Winner

Rob12

Reaction score
leto69":2kuqkl1t said:
I'm sorry how many points did the offense give up in the 4th quarter???

None. They just had four possessions that resulted in roughly 11 or 12 plays for around eight yards. All resulted in punts.

Bigbadhawk

Reaction score
leto69":2adn8rdj said:

Had to chuckle a bit since you only pointed out Lockette and his 3 penalties for the season (2 unnecessary roughness and 1 illegal block above the waist). Today his first penalty was a unnecessary roughness . We still managed to get a first down after his penalty and score a TD with a 1 yard run by Lynch. His 2nd flag was for the illegal block above the waist which changed our field position from the 11 yard tine to the 6 on offense (It was a fair catch so no loss of yards from Tyler Locketts return)

Good o'Bennett even though he had no penalties today has received 8 for the season (2 unnecessary roughness, 1 neutral zone infraction and 5 off sides of which 1 was off setting and another 3 were declined. I am pretty sure Bennett's penalties have impacted the team more this year then Lockettes yet you only call out Lockette. yeaaahhhh

Lockettes 2 flags today was the least of our problems considering we overcame one a the other was just a 5 yard less but still a first and 10 for our offense.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
If, if, if....sorry but the deck is stacked and it's going to take a run remenicent of the Giants. Possible but not likely.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
leto69":3p8a3xyl said:

Are you even talking about real people? If so, why don't you find a way to address them instead of trying to make it sound like everyone who doesn't want to poop on the team or any subset thereof when given a chance? You do realize it's possible to just watch football games, enjoy it, and not think everything is great or crappy, don't you?

Congratulations on your great victory. Your team sucks right now, that must be a fantastic feeling.

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":3k3a0fdr said:
leto69":3k3a0fdr said:

It's a sad day when Debbie Downers have actual evidence to celebrate. I assume you're happy also?

Though I will say something directly to you. ..it's Koolaid with a K not a C.

This is what I don't get. The "ha I was right they suck!" These people aren't Nostradamus. Seahawks have some problems and people see that. Having a positive attitude about future games doesn't mean one is blind to the past..

As far as the football portion of the previous post. I agree about Richard, not good enough. Irvin, I think he had a decent game. He seemed to be flying around today. LockettE with an 'E', needs to go. I agree completely.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
If you want a mathematically likely probable statement regarding just about any team (save the Patriots year after year), you can just predict they will suck or be mediocre. This is most likely a win because few teams will meet the standard of "greatness".

I don't get into the "SEAHAWKS 16-0! TOTALLY AWESOME!" ridiculousness but at least it kind of makes sense. Going the other way just seems really bizarre and not much fun.

Latest posts