Dear Coolaid drinkers

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And I'm one of the people who usually is overly optimistic. My friends love pointing out stuff like "you're high if you think they are making the playoffs" etc. After what we have seen, just having a hard time mustering up the whole "we're gonna' run the table" thing. Hope to be very wrong, and I'll be there screaming for the team thru thick and thin. But, clearly there is just something missing this season. Or MANY things missing this year.
Incredible how close all these games have been, which is probably the part that makes it more maddening overall.
And like always, the morning after a gut wrenching blown lead for a loss etc. emotions are always going to be higher like they probably will be today.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
exactly, I figured today would be a some good reading. And here I am smack dab in middle of it.
Ugh. Oh well, sometimes you gotta' just talk it out to get over it :lol:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1v4yka7o said:
And I'm one of the people who usually is overly optimistic. My friends love pointing out stuff like "you're high if you think they are making the playoffs" etc. After what we have seen, just having a hard time mustering up the whole "we're gonna' run the table" thing. Hope to be very wrong, and I'll be there screaming for the team thru thick and thin. But, clearly there is just something missing this season. Or MANY things missing this year.
Incredible how close all these games have been, which is probably the part that makes it more maddening overall.
And like always, the morning after a gut wrenching blown lead for a loss etc. emotions are always going to be higher like they probably will be today.

I shake my head at ridiculous optimism too, but at least that makes sense.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Here's to hoping they knock off Santa Clara on Thursday :thirishdrinkers:

This team needs a win in a big way. IF they somehow can win these next 2 road games, they have 3 in a row at home, you never know.......

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Fanatics":3mjak2ky said:
I agree and it is always nice to have a few Sheep as fans but it is ridiculous here as nobody can possibly find fault with the team without being unrealistic, irrational, band-wagoner, or labeled a hater.

It isn't that simple because there's more to an argument than it's conclusion. If three people make arguments about Mike Holmgren and his tendency to call fullback draws on 3rd and long, what do you expect these guys will be labelled as?

Person A: "Another draw? Fire Holmgren."

Person B: " Another draw and another failed conversion. Screw this team. I'm done with this season."

Person C: "Holmgren called another draw. He's called a draw on 8 of the last 14 situations where it was 3rd down with 8 or more yards to get a 1st down for a total of 0 3rd down conversions. He currently calls draws too often and should call different plays."

They all want the same thing and that's less draws called on 3rd and long. However, the way they go about their gripe really motivates the reader to feel a certain way about each one of them. To me it seems like Person A is speaking as a "hater" of Mike Holmgren, Person B is speaking as a "band-wagoner", and Person C is speaking as someone who is currently being quite rational. Instead of criticizing how people react to our posts, we should attempt to learn to express our thoughts and ideas more skillfully.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Would a cookie make you feel better?

I definitely wouldn't apologize to a so-called fan cheering on our losses as if that somehow proves them right. Lamest post this week and that's really saying something

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2bq9syg6 said:
So 98.99999% of the blame rests on having an ineffective offense and you single out a bunch of defensive players?

Well I am glad our defense has no room to improve. Everything is the offense fault. posting.php?mode=quote&f=2&p=1731328# I am so glad all of us here are fans and not coaches. Then we would be the Browns.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Fanatics":2nyqqs2b said:
I agree and it is always nice to have a few Sheep as fans but it is ridiculous here as nobody can possibly find fault with the team without being unrealistic, irrational, band-wagoner, or labeled a hater.

I don't think it's a matter of 'not finding fault' as much as not having a desire to look at the glass half-empty.

Our record proves we have problems. Pretty obvious. It's also pretty obvious some folks come on here just to harp on the negative aspects of our team.

Take the OP. Leto69 has been a member here almost 5 years. In the first four years has only 59 posts or so. When we were winning where was dear Leto? But as soon as we start losing some games, Leto starts posting away. Check out his posts and see how many are positive versus how many are negative. And if we were able to access his posts from years past, do you think the trend would change?

Troll?

mrt144

Reaction score
LymonHawk":taxjr6bl said:
Fanatics":taxjr6bl said:

I don't think it's a matter of 'not finding fault' as much as not having a desire to look at the glass half-empty.

Our record proves we have problems. Pretty obvious. It's also pretty obvious some folks come on here just to harp on the negative aspects of our team.

Take the OP. Leto69 has been a member here almost 5 years. In the first four years has only 59 posts or so. When we were winning where was dear Leto? But as soon as we start losing some games, Leto starts posting away. Check out his posts and see how many are positive versus how many are negative. And if we were able to access his posts from years past, do you think the trend would change?

Troll?

Or someone who really relishes in being right but only when it comes to lack of success. It's not hard being a cynic.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
So funny those guys are out chasing unicorns ! Band wagon fan blah chicken little blah just stfu with your rose colored glasses. This team stinksright now and you know it .

LymonHawk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":2i8pizeq said:
So funny those guys are out chasing unicorns ! Band wagon fan blah chicken little blah just stfu with your rose colored glasses. This team stinksright now and you know it .

Aren't you one of the posters who quit on the Hawks before the NFCCG was finished? Wasn't that you whinning, 'It over'?

A 2-4 record makes it pretty obvious we're not very good, RIGHT NOW. But way to go, Sherlock.

Rose colored glasses? Unicorns? I prefer to root for the Hawks the same way I live my life, in a positive manner. One day at a time, one game at a time. YMMV, obviously.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2880fzgt said:
I await the free jersey I was promised for joining this site!

:179417:
Your lucky day, there's one Harvin left in stock

bmorepunk

Reaction score
HansGruber":39vmc5db said:

I definitely wouldn't apologize to a so-called fan cheering on our losses as if that somehow proves them right. Lamest post this week and that's really saying something

If this is the lamest, it's a tie. WindCityHawk proclaims his victory of suck prediction here, also "accepting apologies".

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=116267

bmorepunk

Reaction score
hawkfannj":1nzayiud said:

Who are the "those guys" you are addressing?

bmorepunk

Reaction score
And OP, to complete my streak with third post in a row here, it's Kool Aid. And the people at Jonestown weren't drinking Kool Aid, they were drinking Flavor Aid.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":2w48hvda said:
HansGruber":2w48hvda said:

If this is the lamest, it's a tie. WindCityHawk proclaims his victory of suck prediction here, also "accepting apologies".

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=116267

Ya know what really bugs me with these, "I told you so..." threads. When they are correct, they want you to apologize for not agreeing with them. But, if they are wrong, they go and hide.

Real heroes...not! :les:

Latest posts