Dear Coolaid drinkers

SoCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I think those of us who have been a fan since the beginning have much more perspective and are familiar with the struggle to achieve success. Those that are more recent fans only know success, therefore the sky is falling on them. There are some corrections needed and maybe Bevell isn't the coordinator that needs the biggest fix. Losing Quinn and Norton has taken a toll. IMO, we are merely experiencing the education of Richard, Barrow and Board.

Old Schoolers, we've been through storms before....this hardly counts as more than a breeze and a drizzle. This team is very good, the struggles won't last long.

Pak40.

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3js8w4cr said:
We arent in the same league as the Panthers who we blew a lead to? How about those Falcons who just lost to the Saints. Or the Packers who we played at lambeau with Kam and ALSO had a lead on. We blew 2 games against 2 undefeated teams and had a lead against another (Packers) in a 3rd game in which we had the lead going into the 4th

No in the same galaxy haha...That was a good one

Outside of the Packers...who in the NFC actually looks good? Falcons have beat Redskins, Texans, Cowboys, Giants and Eagles..so impressive..

Panthers outside of coming back to beat us have beat Jags, Texans, Saints. and Bucs...wow..high competition there.

And while the Packers are 6-0 they have had 4 of those games at home and their away games were the 49ers and Bears..not exactly world beaters there.

If seahawks get in the playoffs they can beat anyone in the NFC...

4 losses are to 3 undefeated teams and the rams away which we have struggled with the last few years and we had the lead in every single game going into the 4th. Not like we got blown out

Is there a team who has faced a higher SOS so far than us? Anyone else play 3 undefeated teams?

Also if the Giants win going to 4-2 the 6th place team is the 3-2 Vikings with a slew of 2 win teams behind them. That game against the Vikings could be HUGE for playoffs later in the year. If we can beat the Vikings and the Cards twice I honestly think making the playoffs is a high probability either was a WC or Division Winner

Well which is it, the undefeated teams are not that good because they really have not beaten anyone or the Seahawks are not that bad because they have lost most of their games to those same undefeated teams?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Pak40.":23h7pmfw said:
WilsonMVP":23h7pmfw said:
We arent in the same league as the Panthers who we blew a lead to? How about those Falcons who just lost to the Saints. Or the Packers who we played at lambeau with Kam and ALSO had a lead on. We blew 2 games against 2 undefeated teams and had a lead against another (Packers) in a 3rd game in which we had the lead going into the 4th

No in the same galaxy haha...That was a good one

Outside of the Packers...who in the NFC actually looks good? Falcons have beat Redskins, Texans, Cowboys, Giants and Eagles..so impressive..

Panthers outside of coming back to beat us have beat Jags, Texans, Saints. and Bucs...wow..high competition there.

And while the Packers are 6-0 they have had 4 of those games at home and their away games were the 49ers and Bears..not exactly world beaters there.

If seahawks get in the playoffs they can beat anyone in the NFC...

4 losses are to 3 undefeated teams and the rams away which we have struggled with the last few years and we had the lead in every single game going into the 4th. Not like we got blown out

Is there a team who has faced a higher SOS so far than us? Anyone else play 3 undefeated teams?

Also if the Giants win going to 4-2 the 6th place team is the 3-2 Vikings with a slew of 2 win teams behind them. That game against the Vikings could be HUGE for playoffs later in the year. If we can beat the Vikings and the Cards twice I honestly think making the playoffs is a high probability either was a WC or Division Winner

Well which is it, the undefeated teams are not that good because they really have not beaten anyone or the Seahawks are not that bad because they have lost most of their games to those same undefeated teams?

Well record wise we have played 3 of the top 5 teams in the league.....so it hasnt been easy. Doesnt mean the Panthers havent played a soft schedule up til us though. Unless you think we would actually lose to the Jags, Bucs or Texans?

Pak40.

Reaction score
But you just got done explaining how their records were only good because they beat crap teams.

chris98251

Reaction score
So correct me if I am wrong but how many of those teams that we have lost to were in the Super Bowl last year? I am thinking none but could be wrong. We are suppose to be somewhat of a force in this league last I recall as well. Making excuses like they have a chip on their shoulder against us, or they were undefeated teams, or they were away games are excuses losers make to justify things to themselves.

We need to step it up plain and simple, coaches and players if we are who we tell ourselves we are.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":2395ixqh said:
MizzouHawkGal":2395ixqh said:
leto69":2395ixqh said:
I await your apology for the raving you gave me following the Detroit game when I criticized the Seahawks effort, coaching and draft decisions.

Its one thing to be positive, but there is nothing wrong with being realistic. I wasn't content with how we beat Chicago and Detroit, they are crappy teams and I don't compare the Seahawks to them.

One should not be flayed alive because their opinion differs from your "Glass is always 100% full point of view". There is nothing wrong with being realistic about where the team is at and recognizing what must change to get better. Without doing such process you continue to sit in mediocrity. This is where we are now as players squibble over how much they are worth, and play as individuals looking for stats(defensively reminds me of the 1999 team when we had a bunch of great individual talent but no team play).

Where is the LOB (LOVE OUR BROTHERS) all I see is the LOB( Lust others bucks).

Kris Rishard is over his head.
Bruce Irvin should be benched, he only performs on pass rush downs.
Ricardo Lockett despite the great catch today should be cut, continuously picks up stupid penalty's that kill us on special teams.

The problem with this team is all in their heads about how great they are and how they all deserve MAX dollars. This includes coaches and GM.

In order to get it right a REALITY CHECK IS NEEDED.
It's a sad day when Debbie Downers have actual evidence to celebrate. I assume you're happy also?

Though I will say something directly to you. ..it's Koolaid with a K not a C.

This is what I don't get. The "ha I was right they suck!" These people aren't Nostradamus. Seahawks have some problems and people see that. Having a positive attitude about future games doesn't mean one is blind to the past..

As far as the football portion of the previous post. I agree about Richard, not good enough. Irvin, I think he had a decent game. He seemed to be flying around today. LockettE with an 'E', needs to go. I agree completely.

Thanks for this. My point exactly. The posters I usually go round and round with almost seem to enjoy when the team slips so that they can revel in their own sense of self-importance, even though the claims they had previously made were disjointed from the actual facts that took place on the field. You dig?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":1207ywc8 said:
I completely agree with you and feel slighted by those telling me since preseason that every thing would work out and that I'm being a child or a bandwagon fan or what have you.

That said asking them to apologize is not the right move, we are all in the same boat of being disappointed some people have just been taught to never talk about it and to be 100% positive. Posts like this wont change their mindset
Nope, just fed the hell up with all the negative horseshit.
Nobody is going to apologize to snivelers.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Nobody owes you jack. Go away and bring your whiney BS with you.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":8mvji5pk said:
gmor":8mvji5pk said:
TwistedHusky":8mvji5pk said:
So 98.99999% of the blame rests on having an ineffective offense and you single out a bunch of defensive players?

Smooth.

Simplistic and almost laughable, but smooth.

PS You predicted the right outcome but you are so ridiculously wrong about the cause you don't even get to take credit for it.

Outcome is the point of football is it not?

No, it's the same as anything else in life. Process is the point. Outcome is merely an extension of process (and luck!).

The Seahawks have processed 2 wins in 6 games. The outcome is they suck

LymonHawk

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":3v70o4fh said:
BirdsCommaAngry":3v70o4fh said:
gmor":3v70o4fh said:
TwistedHusky":3v70o4fh said:
So 98.99999% of the blame rests on having an ineffective offense and you single out a bunch of defensive players?

Smooth.

PS You predicted the right outcome but you are so ridiculously wrong about the cause you don't even get to take credit for it.

No, it's the same as anything else in life. Process is the point. Outcome is merely an extension of process (and luck!).

The 'Hawks are 2-4! Wow! Such insight! Hey, thanks for pointing that out! Troll.

themunn

Reaction score
The only saving grace for now is that 3 of the 4 teams we lost to are currently sitting a combined 17-0, and that we were ahead going into the 4th quarter in all three.

It's concerning that we've blown 2 double digit 4th quarter leads in consecutive weeks for sure (surely that has to be on the defense over the O?), but right now feels a lot like 2014 where we were 3-3 and on the outside looking in.
The good news is that the Cardinals have already dropped 2 games, including one against the Rams. It's a big ask at this point but Thursday night is huge. Win that and take momentum into the Cowboys game. If we can go into the bye at 4-4 then even if the Cards win their next 2 (not set in stone given the way the Browns pushed the Broncos) they're only 2 games ahead when we face off. 5-4 against their 6-3 would look pretty good.
Cardinals are far from invincible and they still have to play the Bengals and Packers too.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet. Yeah we have problems but at least they're fixable problems.

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":wisk7lcq said:
leto69":wisk7lcq said:
I await your apology for the raving you gave me following the Detroit game when I criticized the Seahawks effort, coaching and draft decisions.

Its one thing to be positive, but there is nothing wrong with being realistic. I wasn't content with how we beat Chicago and Detroit, they are crappy teams and I don't compare the Seahawks to them.

One should not be flayed alive because their opinion differs from your "Glass is always 100% full point of view". There is nothing wrong with being realistic about where the team is at and recognizing what must change to get better. Without doing such process you continue to sit in mediocrity. This is where we are now as players squibble over how much they are worth, and play as individuals looking for stats(defensively reminds me of the 1999 team when we had a bunch of great individual talent but no team play).

Where is the LOB (LOVE OUR BROTHERS) all I see is the LOB( Lust others bucks).

Kris Rishard is over his head.
Bruce Irvin should be benched, he only performs on pass rush downs.
Ricardo Lockett despite the great catch today should be cut, continuously picks up stupid penalty's that kill us on special teams.

The problem with this team is all in their heads about how great they are and how they all deserve MAX dollars. This includes coaches and GM.

In order to get it right a REALITY CHECK IS NEEDED.
It's a sad day when Debbie Downers have actual evidence to celebrate. I assume you're happy also?

Though I will say something directly to you. ..it's Koolaid with a K not a C.

Yes it does seem the ones who projected a tuff season enjoy it, seems kind of strange if you are a fan of the team.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":2a4zhenp said:
BirdsCommaAngry":2a4zhenp said:
gmor":2a4zhenp said:
TwistedHusky":2a4zhenp said:

Smooth.

Think of it like this. If someone owns a cement mixer and he needs this cement mixer for an upcoming job, what should he do when he learns that his cement mixer is currently producing cheerios? In the time between learning this and the upcoming job, should he get very angry, kick his dog repeatedly, and eventually show up to where he's been contracted to work with excuses about why his cement mixer doesn't work and how whoever designed it should be fired? Should he attempt to determine what's currently wrong with his cheerio-producing cement mixer and fix it so he may complete the task he's been contracted to do? Or should he attempt to utilize this cheerio-producing cement mixer in a way a cement mixer would not tend to be used, such as by selling it off as a carnival attraction or for an exhibit at a science center?

The first option I've listed is a plan based entirely about an outcome. The hypothetical person is angry and doing nothing to improve his predicament. The second is about changing a process so that it may produce a presumably more desired outcome. The third option is one about realizing there isn't something wrong with the process but in how the person was attempting to use that process. What the cement mixer lost in ability to produce cement it has made up for and perhaps even surpassed with its ability to now amuse. The first person will be angry and angry for a long time over his problem. The second will be glad he resolved his issue and he'll have a fun story about his cement mixer. The third person, however, will have had a much greater opportunity to derive a larger amount of happiness from the problem.

To put this all in perspective, the 2-4 Seahawks are the equivalent of the of seemingly problematic cheerio-producing cement mixer. What I hope you'll realize is that as a football fan, and particularly as one who bases their pleasure more entirely upon the outcome of the Seahawk's games, you're choosing to be more like the person in my examples who kicked his dog, made excuses, and received the least amount of happiness from the experience with the cement mixer.

In other words, the current inability for the Seahawks to win football games isn't a problem. IT'S A CHALLENGE! They're challenging us to find ways to make the best of this current situation. By seeking conflict with fellow fans, looking for scapegoats, and contributing little else other than short statements about our gripes, we're failing this challenge. It isn't the outcome of the games that's stressing us. It's our disposition toward the outcome of the games that's stressing us!

Fanatics

Reaction score
I agree and it is always nice to have a few Sheep as fans but it is ridiculous here as nobody can possibly find fault with the team without being unrealistic, irrational, band-wagoner, or labeled a hater.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. If you point out that the team has some obvious issues, all the sudden you are now a "bandwagon" fan, or you're a "hater"

Um, no, it's called reality. At some point you have to face it, and it doesn't make you less of a fan.

ludakrishna

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1i78ugg8 said:
Exactly. If you point out that the team has some obvious issues, all the sudden you are now a "bandwagon" fan, or you're a "hater"

Um, no, it's called reality. At some point you have to face it, and it doesn't make you less of a fan.

Preach brother. Glad to see other realist exist.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Fanatics":3527c607 said:
I agree and it is always nice to have a few Sheep as fans but it is ridiculous here as nobody can possibly find fault with the team without being unrealistic, irrational, band-wagoner, or labeled a hater.

Plenty of people who post here find faults with the team, such as FlyingGreg and Hasselbeck (if you need more examples, I can provide a longer list).

The difference between the two people I mentioned and the OP (and a few other people) are their respective deliveries, attitude in general, and sometimes their level of exaggeration. For example, "The Season Is Over" threads and statements with ten games left is very premature. Unlikely to win a Super Bowl? Sure, but it was pretty unlikely anyway.

I'd also like to mention that grinding on any variation of "this team sucks" is not realistic, at least not at this point in the season (or a game or two or four ago). Realistic is watching the games and seeing what happens, and knowing there is an entire spectrum of outcomes.