Status
Not open for further replies.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
BillBelichick":2do9j6bd said:
hawknation2015":2do9j6bd said:
BillBelichick":2do9j6bd said:
hawknation2015":2do9j6bd said:
His excuse is that they handed over a ball that was at least one psi below specification . . . but that it wasn't detected because of the way they squeeze and rub the balls. He is admitting a certain level of recklessness if not an intent to cheat.

However, I am betting it goes way beyond this.

He, like you, me, and everyone else had no idea that prepping the balls, which everyone does and is fully accepted, would affect the PSI of the balls. If that's "wreckless," then any NFL QB who preps their balls is "wreckless."

He's laying it all out honestly and telling everyone what the outcomes of the research he's been wasting his time doing for this witchhunt.

Do you really believe only the Patriots prep their game balls? Just this year Aaron Rodgers openly admitted that part of his "prepping" process was trying to "sneak in" over-inflated balls. Is there a thread about him?

Rodgers admitted cheating does not justify your cheating.

The fact is the balls should be measured before they are "prepped" to ensure that they are actually in compliance. And that is to assume that anything Belichick has said is to be believed. It would be an amazing coincidence that the prepping was enough to raise the psi of the balls to exactly 12.5. As we saw with Spygate, his word should be taken with a grain of salt.

Is prepping game balls cheating?

Handing over a game ball that is below 12.5 psi (or above 13.5 psi) without prepping is cheating. Belichick has now at least admitted to this level of reckless culpability.

Whether the prepping itself is cheating would depend on the type of prepping. For example, are hairdryers involved in the prepping that would intentionally raise the psi? That would go beyond recklessness.

And again, this is to assume that anything Belichick claims is to be believed. Accidentally raising the psi of a non-compliance ball by exactly one psi prior to inspection does not make a lot of sense. I still think he had his ball handlers manually deflate the balls after inspection.

Northhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1dae4ngd said:
rideaducati":1dae4ngd said:
Unfortunately for the Hawks, they're going to have to pay the price for this. NE will have laser focus for this one.

Laser focus my butt. I regularly prepare people for contentious news conferences as part of my job. I can tell you with confidence, it takes a lot of time to prep someone for a news conference like today. He went from knowing nothing about PSI to being an expert on the subject today. I bet the Pat's communications staff started prepping Bellichick on Friday and good part of this morning.

This thing is a distraction and, no doubt, is biting into their prep time. Not that the Seahawks need it to win but NE's knuckle dragging, Belichick dribble drinking fans will likely use it as an excuse when the Hawks beat them.

BTW: Belichick admitted himself he was spending way too much time on this already.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete knows about Bill the Cheater Belichick, the Seahawks looking at the line know we are underdogs now, they will relish it, the Pats will have no advantage, in fact with all the press about this I would be surprised if Sherman or someone doesn't have some fun with it at some point.

netskier

Reaction score
It surely is if you change the pressure after the refs check them. How hard is it to covertly deflate balls on the sidelines ? I bet I could design a palmable device to let air out of balls right in from of the refs. Just a needle with a valve, and something like wd40. Balls need random spot pressure checks during the game to stop Billicheck.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
netskier":1bdqw2nz said:
It surely is if you change the pressure after the refs check them. How hard is it to covertly deflate balls on the sidelines ? I bet I could design a palmable device to let air out of balls right in from of the refs. Just a needle with a valve, and something like wd40. Balls need random spot pressure checks during the game to stop Billicheck.

Wallpaper macgyver 880425 1024 745

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Northhawk":2tr0jdfv said:
50yrpatsfan":2tr0jdfv said:
rideaducati":2tr0jdfv said:
Unfortunately for the Hawks, they're going to have to pay the price for this. NE will have laser focus for this one.

Laser focus my butt. I regularly prepare people for contentious news conferences as part of my job. I can tell you with confidence, it takes a lot of time to prep someone for a news conference like today. He went from knowing nothing about PSI to being an expert on the subject today. I bet the Pat's communications staff started prepping Bellichick on Friday and good part of this morning.

This thing is a distraction and, no doubt, is biting into their prep time. Not that the Seahawks need it to win but NE's knuckle dragging, Bellichick dribble drinking fans will likely use it as an excuse when the Hawks beat them.

BTW: Bellichick admitted himself he was spending way too much time on this already.

Keep dreaming if you think this interfered with the team's prep. There's still 8 days to kickoff. This is the best run organization in sports with a very veteran staff. Plus they've been through this before with the Spygate witchhunt. They knew they were facing Seattle for the past 6 weeks, their prep was done before the Indy game. If Green Bay had finished the job last week, I'd be more concerned about lack of preparedness.

The players, and you know the coaches, are out for blood now. It's personal. All the talking heads blatantly calling out Brady as a liar, saying his legacy is tarnished, all the bs - ALL 100% FALSE.

Turn this around and picture this crap dumped on Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll. Who would want to face the Hawks after it was proven to all be a lie?

Laloosh

Reaction score
bigskydoc":1anjgwtq said:
Am I the only one who noticed how remarkably BB's narrative contrasted to TB's?

Bill says they are "preparing" the ball surface right up to the moment they hand the balls off to the officials, and that "preparation" is enough to raise the pressure in the balls by a full PSI.

However, you had Brady saying this in his press conference.

I have a process that I go through before every game where I go in and I pick the footballs that I want to use for the game. Our equipment guys do a great job of breaking the balls in. they have a process that they go through. When I pick those balls out, at that point to me they’re perfect. I don’t want anyone touching the balls after that. I don’t want anyone rubbing them, putting any air in them, taking any air out. To me those balls are perfect and that’s what I expect when I show up on the field.

Yeah. It’s always the same process... I got here pretty early before the games. Then I go in there and I choose however many balls are necessary for the games... I felt them. They were perfect. I wouldn’t want anyone touching those. I would zip those things up and lock them away until I got out on the field and an opportunity to play with them. That’s what I thought I was doing.

That is a pretty big contrast.

The question the press failed to ask and I want to know the answer to is, "How long, after the "preparing" of the ball does this 1 PSI elevation persist?" That is a critical question that needs to be answered before we buy any of the story that BB is selling.

I would be shocked if the pressure increase lasted more than 5 min before starting to taper off.

-bsd RPA
I noticed that the Patriot fans 'round here chose to reply to everything but your post. Guess it doesn't support their blind acceptance.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1eac2c67 said:
This is the best run organization in sports with a very veteran staff.

You know you are making this claim on the board of the reigning Super Bowl champions, right?

I guarantee you won't be singing the same tune after we Re-Pete.

:th2thumbs:

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
furi0usbee":1s7tzxvd said:
dontbelikethat":1s7tzxvd said:
500x1000px-LL-244408c9_billbelichickscience-480x299.jpeg

Bonus points for first person to correctly state that molecule Bill is holding!
Unobtanium. Just like the Super Bowl will be for the Deflatriots.

Northhawk

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":11lpn4ha said:
Northhawk":11lpn4ha said:
50yrpatsfan":11lpn4ha said:
rideaducati":11lpn4ha said:

This thing is a distraction and, no doubt, is biting into their prep time. Not that the Seahawks need it to win but NE's knuckle dragging, Bellichick dribble drinking fans will likely use it as an excuse when the Hawks beat them.

BTW: Bellichick admitted himself he was spending way too much time on this already.

Keep dreaming if you think this interfered with the team's prep. There's still 8 days to kickoff. This is the best run organization in sports with a very veteran staff. Plus they've been through this before with the Spygate witchhunt. They knew they were facing Seattle for the past 6 weeks, their prep was done before the Indy game. If Green Bay had finished the job last week, I'd be more concerned about lack of preparedness.

The players, and you know the coaches, are out for blood now. It's personal. All the talking heads blatantly calling out Brady as a liar, saying his legacy is tarnished, all the bs - ALL 100% FALSE.

Turn this around and picture this crap dumped on Russell Wilson and Pete Carroll. Who would want to face the Hawks after it was proven to all be a lie?

You're the one dreaming if you think the last few days aren't important for the prep of a team. If that was true, teams would pack up and send players off for vacation the week before the SB. This is the week teams going to the SB prep their gameplans and start testing them in practice.

Thanks for the Vulcan mindmeld of the NE players' psyche. It won't matter what their mindset is like after Kam knocks them into unconsciousness.

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1w5kburu said:
50yrpatsfan":1w5kburu said:

You know you are making this claim on the board of the reigning Super Bowl champions, right?

Get real. NE has owned this league for the past 15 years. They own 3 Lombardi's and came within a literal whisker of 3 more. The Hawks until they prove otherwise are just another 1 time winner. And trust me they aren't winning this one.

rideaducati

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":8vf3e99a said:
rideaducati":8vf3e99a said:
Belichick is used to the local Boston media. I'm positive they all buy this explanation because of their cumulative IQ, but the rest of the nation knows this is TOTAL BS. I can't believe that Belichick thinks EVERYONE IN THE WORLD is this dumb.

Well it's easy if the rest of the world actually IS that dumb to believe these total freakin ESPN jackasses like Brunell and Bettis, who were both beaten by the Patriots multiple times in big games.

You've been had, face it. There was no wrongdoing, sorry that ruins your day.

No wrongdoing? Facts say otherwise. I'm sure it will come out eventually because they are now going through a lot of film from years gone by. The Patriots have probably been doing this for quite a while and some team out there has video proof, they just have to find it.

Just the circumstantial evidence of fumbles/play will show the NFL where to start watching the film. The Patriots have fewer fumbles because a flatter ball is easier to keep a hold of for running backs and that alone is an unfair advantage. Brady has had a ball in bad weather that is easier to hold on to because it is deflated. WRs catch the ball easier because it is softer and easier to catch. Again, unfair competitive advantage.

The deflated balls helped more than just Tom Brady and there is ZERO amount of scientific evidence that can prove how it was only the Patriots footballs that lost air pressure.

Face it, your team has been caught cheating...again. That cheating didn't win them the game against the Colts, but there IS a game that it did help them sometime in the past. It could have been a bad weather game where it helped Tommy Boy hold the ball better. It could have been a game where a properly inflated ball would have been fumbled away, or a difficult catch that would have been dropped but wasn't, so the Patriots won the game.

It is you that has been duped. Keep drinking the kool-aid.

None of this deflategate will be resolved prior to next Sunday, and I wouldn't want it any other way. The Seahawks will beat the Patriots with properly inflated balls and they won't be fooled by ineligible players lined up at WR. The Seahawks will beat the Patriots because the Seahawks are the better team.

After the Superbowl and before the preseason, I fully expect fines and suspensions for your beloved coach and/or QB. It could derail next season for the Cheatriots, but then, I won't really care. They'll have gotten less punishment than they deserve either way.

GO HAWKS!

OP
OP

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
rideaducati":2z0om8ir said:
50yrpatsfan":2z0om8ir said:
rideaducati":2z0om8ir said:
Belichick is used to the local Boston media. I'm positive they all buy this explanation because of their cumulative IQ, but the rest of the nation knows this is TOTAL BS. I can't believe that Belichick thinks EVERYONE IN THE WORLD is this dumb.

Well it's easy if the rest of the world actually IS that dumb to believe these total freakin ESPN jackasses like Brunell and Bettis, who were both beaten by the Patriots multiple times in big games.

No wrongdoing? Facts say otherwise. I'm sure it will come out eventually because they are now going through a lot of film from years gone by. The Patriots have probably been doing this for quite a while and some team out there has video proof, they just have to find it.

Just the circumstantial evidence of fumbles/play will show the NFL where to start watching the film. The Patriots have fewer fumbles because a flatter ball is easier to keep a hold of for running backs and that alone is an unfair advantage. Brady has had a ball in bad weather that is easier to hold on to because it is deflated. WRs catch the ball easier because it is softer and easier to catch. Again, unfair competitive advantage.

The deflated balls helped more than just Tom Brady and there is ZERO amount of scientific evidence that can prove how it was only the Patriots footballs that lost air pressure.

Face it, your team has been caught cheating...again. That cheating didn't win them the game against the Colts, but there IS a game that it did help them sometime in the past. It could have been a bad weather game where it helped Tommy Boy hold the ball better. It could have been a game where a properly inflated ball would have been fumbled away, or a difficult catch that would have been dropped but wasn't, so the Patriots won the game.

None of this deflategate will be resolved prior to next Sunday, and I wouldn't want it any other way. The Seahawks will beat the Patriots with properly inflated balls and they won't be fooled by ineligible players lined up at WR. The Seahawks will beat the Patriots because the Seahawks are the better team.

After the Superbowl and before the preseason, I fully expect fines and suspensions for your beloved coach and/or QB. It could derail next season for the Cheatriots, but then, I won't really care. They'll have gotten less punishment than they deserve either way.

GO HAWKS!

Sorry you're just wrong. Pats are in the clear after today. This was about science all along, not ball boys. Sorry that you and other birthers are in a dither over this.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":melujrn3 said:
SalishHawkFan":melujrn3 said:
So basically Belichick described HOW they cheated and got away with it and that's supposed to be the end of it?

It is.

Obviously they played with the rules... they cheated, any smart person knows it. His story doesn't hold weight because of that one ball that they saved inflated for the kicker, but that's going to get buried, everyone is on the "rah rah rah" Patriots bandwagon now - all these reporters that were ready with tar and feathers yesterday are all "wow he is so impressive!" today. The sheeples are about as stupid as it gets, and this is why I hated that it was being blown up the way it was.

It gave them an opportunity to "rally".

Now it doesn't matter if they cheated or not, Bill won the court of public opinion where it counts, Patriots have the players union is on their side, quite a bit of the east coast press, and they're rallying around Brady. Meanwhile, Lynch is a villain for not talking and for wearing the wrong shoes - no help from the players union there, hey? It's all about their chosen ones - it's all about the east coast in this country.

You thought the Jerome Bettis victory parade was a farce? It will be NOTHING compared to the narrative about crowning Brady the greatest ever this week.

Bellicheck also rallied and galvanized all Patriots fans... even more than that his team. They are all in. Reports from insiders say the Patriots are in "all out war" mentality.

This all played out perfectly for the Patriots. It went from being a distraction to a war cry.

They are going to be practically invincible next Sunday. Gonna require a miracle better than what we conjured against Green Bay to beat them now.

The whole thing pisses me off. Each time I think I could never despise the media more, they go and pull new shenanigans out of their asses.

You're worse than Blitzer

Hawkpower

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":16fjrfra said:
rideaducati":16fjrfra said:
50yrpatsfan":16fjrfra said:
rideaducati":16fjrfra said:

GO HAWKS!

Sorry you're just wrong. Pats are in the clear after today. This was about science all along, not ball boys. Sorry that you and other birthers are in a dither over this.

haha!!

I dont know whats funnier....you thinking that this is "over", you thinking that you have the best run organization in sports, or you thinking you are going to win Sunday.

You are one delusional little man. I feel sorry for you.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":30xmuogt said:
Get real. NE has owned this league for the past 15 years. They own 3 Lombardi's and came within a literal whisker of 3 more. The Hawks until they prove otherwise are just another 1 time winner. And trust me they aren't winning this one.

Just like this Deflate Gate is going to magically disappear huh? :lol:

What are Patriots egos supposed to be inflated at? Because the Seahawks are about to deflate them in 8 days and change

rideaducati

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":11e8rlqp said:
rideaducati":11e8rlqp said:
50yrpatsfan":11e8rlqp said:
rideaducati":11e8rlqp said:

GO HAWKS!

I couldn't care any less about the cheatriots cheating to get to this game or all of their other Super Bowls'. They won't be able to cheat enough in this game to get the win because they'll be watched closely.

fansince1999

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":18cm2q52 said:
Pats called a pc today. Belichick detailed a series of experiments the team performed the past couple of days. The main news was that the prepping/rubbing of the footballs, which occurs just prior to turning them over the ref for measurement, causes the psi to go up by 1 full psi. So if they do that and turn it over the ref at 12.5 psi, after a while of sitting, the balls will lose that 1 psi down to 11.5. The diff in temps from indoors to outdoors accounts for additional .5 psi change. So the psi went down in their experiments by a total of 1.5 psi. They were able to duplicate this for multiple footballs.

Very convincing, and I'm sure they documented the crap out of everything they did. It's over, the league will have to back off, though I won't hold my breath for the apology they owe.

His PC was all smoke and mirrors and still does not explain how all the Colts balls were still exactly within the limits. :!:

Laloosh

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1kb6ohj3 said:
hawknation2015":1kb6ohj3 said:
50yrpatsfan":1kb6ohj3 said:

I love it when these guys drop the act and show their true colors. For your sake, I hope getting your hat handed to you by the super bowl losers last year taught you how to handle disappointment. I see more in your future.

DohBoy

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan who sounds a lot like an idiot 49ers Fan":yfot1uz1 said:
agtom.brady.anal.pounding

Oh God...living off the glory of yesteryear. That legacy and a roll of toilet paper will give you a good wipe.

Wake up, Nancyboy: You scored nine frickin' points against the Bills. You only beat the Ravens by four. Both of those games in the last month...

It's time for you to quit playin' with yourself around here and run back to mama. Last year it was ignorant Donkey schmucks who were sniffing around .Net...talking trash about how an aging QB and a top offense was going to smoke the 'Hawks. Well how'd that work, Cupcake? You need to face a simple fact: The AFC is SLOW, only slightly less so than your mental faculties.

BTW Troll: Nice Uggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts